PDA

View Full Version : David Gray

Sammy7nil
13-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Not seen a thread yet BUT as soon as he headed that clearance I said WTF school boy stuff yes the boy hit a wonder strike but if it is out for a throw in he can't hit it! Add that to posted missing against Ross County he has some explaining to do. Having said that it is not only his fault we did very very little wrong over two legs and lost FIVE goals for FFS. If we had scored ten no one would have complained. We are truly jinxed.

Blaster
13-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Not seen a thread yet BUT as son as he headed that clearance I said WTF school boy stuff yes the boy hit a wonder strike but if it is out for a thrown he can't! Add that to posted missing against Ross County he has some explaining to do. Having said that it is not only his fault we did veryvery little wrong over two legs and lost FIVE goals for FFS. If we had scored ten no one would have complained. We are truly jinxed.

I agree. Basic defending tells you to head out for a corner and regroup. You don't header it into the area he did. Cost us the win

EVENTUALLY
13-05-2016, 10:08 PM
One moment from David Gray changed the game. Shocking defensive header, really really poor.

Hibee Mac
13-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Horrific. Knew what was coming as soon as he headed it there.

ozhibs
13-05-2016, 10:13 PM
IMHO that mistake cost us promotion

Unseen work
13-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Not seen a thread yet BUT as soon as he headed that clearance I said WTF school boy stuff yes the boy hit a wonder strike but if it is out for a thrown he can't hit it! Add that to posted missing against Ross County he has some explaining to do. Having said that it is not only his fault we did very very little wrong over two legs and lost FIVE goals for FFS. If we had scored ten no one would have complained. We are truly jinxed.

Out for a throw in?! That would of been impressive :greengrin

But in all seriousness, it wasn't the best header but for me it's the amount of times he is out of position, the first 2p minutes was all down his side as he was caught miles out of position

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Falkirk player couldn't believe his luck getting a lovely lay-off and all that space and time to smash it into the net.

buktapurple79
13-05-2016, 10:17 PM
I'm no sure about his concentration and commitment to the cause. A Yam by all accounts

Sammy7nil
13-05-2016, 10:18 PM

But in all seriousness, it wasn't the best header but for me it's the amount of times he is out of position, the first 2p minutes was all down his side as he was caught miles out of position

Your correct he could have headed backwards and collected it before it went out. The daft thing is I am sure he looked and knew there was no one behind him.

Beefster

Because Stubbs expects him and Stevenson to be wingers too. They've both been generally pish this season, especially in 2016, but it's Stubbs tactics that are generally to blame for teams knowing that hitting us down the wings is the way to go.

Hibee Mac
Falkirk player couldn't believe his luck getting a lovely lay-off and all that space and time to smash it into the net.

It's something we've been guilty of all season, we give players far too much space and time on the edge of our box.

How many long range screamers have we conceeded the last 2 seasons?

Lang Toun hibby
13-05-2016, 10:19 PM

Ripped us apart for first 20 mins with Gray awol. Poor header should have back headed it. School boy error. Not captain material.

Hiber-nation
13-05-2016, 10:19 PM
IMHO that mistake cost us promotion

Really? A lack of goals has cost us promotion more than anything. Goals that we thought Stokes would be scoring in barrowloads.

GreenLake
13-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Maybe stay as a sub but I want Gunnerson to be right back unless he is really injured badly.

Scottie
He is a poor player alround that is why he is playing for Hibs.

And as for captain material that is the biggest joke of them all.

Hiber-nation
I'm no sure about his concentration and commitment to the cause. A Yam by all accounts

Aye that'll be it.

Billy Whizz
Really? A lack of goals has cost us promotion more than anything. Goals that we thought Stokes would be scoring in barrowloads.

Conceding goals has cost, 5 against Falkirk in the 2 games

madhatter
Head it out for a corner, that is what he should have done...

Head it out and deal with the corner. Simples. Do not head it out at a flat height (almost reminiscent of a knockdown for approaching opponent).

DH1875
13-05-2016, 10:21 PM
He's been poor for a while to be honest.

Hiber-nation
13-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Conceding goals has cost, 5 against Falkirk in the 2 games

Over the season we should have been scoring far more than Falkirk.

Sammy7nil
13-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Over the season we should have been scoring far more than Falkirk.

We didn't probably the lack of an option such as Farid cost us those 10 - 12 goals we needed.

Nicho87
13-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Captain my arse. Put it out for a corner. Of sll the places what a tit

Cameron1875
13-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Joke of a performance.

Didn't close anywhere near quick enough for the first.
Disgrace of a header for the 2nd goal too.

The guy gets into absolute dream positions for a wing back and gets about 5/6 chances to cross from the byline per game. However I can't remember many of his crosses being any good?! Personally I'd punt him in the summer but I can see why some think he is an ok player.

Tyler Durden
14-05-2016, 06:14 AM
Because Stubbs expects him and Stevenson to be wingers too. They've both been generally pish this season, especially in 2016, but it's Stubbs tactics that are generally to blame for teams knowing that hitting us down the wings is the way to go.

That's just modern football not Stubbs. Gray has been such a let down this season, I don't know what it is about Hibs that we struggle to see leaders on the park. Where is the anger when we lose a goal? Bizarre

OxoHibby
14-05-2016, 06:18 AM
Horrific. Knew what was coming as soon as he headed it there.

Totally agree - was an amazing strike but the second i saw it thought WTF?. Lame header back into the danger area

SJM
14-05-2016, 06:21 AM
That's just modern football not Stubbs. Gray has been such a let down this season, I don't know what it is about Hibs that we struggle to see leaders on the park. Where is the anger when we lose a goal? Bizarre

It is Stubbs. He's too loyal or narrow minded or stubborn to Pick others ahead of his chosen few. We had a better right back sitting on the bench. Gray has been ***** the majority of the season but like Stevenson fits into his fanny about with it in midfield, pass to wing back, cut back, look for space, there's the right back, 100mph into the box -
Cummings/Stokes/Keattings your ***** where are you.

Falkirk, broke at speed last night and the thing that got me was whenever the did they knew their full backs where bombing forward too and where to find them. They done it at a specific time and didn't lose their defensive duties. We lose all discipline when we go forward every time and the amount of time caught at this is suicidal.

Tyler Durden
14-05-2016, 06:30 AM
It is Stubbs. He's too loyal or narrow minded or stubborn to Pick others ahead of his chosen few. We had a better right back sitting on the bench. Gray has been ***** the majority of the season but like Stevenson fits into his fanny about with it in midfield, pass to wing back, cut back, look for space, there's the right back, 100mph into the box -
Cummings/Stokes/Keattings your ***** where are you.

Falkirk, broke at speed last night and the thing that got me was whenever the did they knew their full backs where bombing forward too and where to find them. They done it at a specific time and didn't lose their defensive duties. We lose all discipline when we go forward every time and the amount of time caught at this is suicidal.

So the Falkirk full backs were asked to do the same as Hibs then?

They just did it better, albeit their right back could have been red carded in both legs but that will be conveniently forgotten

AndyB_70
14-05-2016, 06:34 AM
Worst Hibs captain in many many years.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2016, 06:41 AM

This is the main problem for me, the forwards get blamed for not scoring enough goals, but when they are being fed by those two is it any wonder?

Next week against sevco, we will probably play 3 centre halves and 5 across the middle with Stevenson and Gray sitting in as a 5 at the back when they have the ball.

They should play better in that because they will mostly be defending, its when they go forward they struggle, and so does the rest of the team.

SlickShoes
14-05-2016, 06:44 AM

Yep, and we've all seen this and noticed it for weeks and months, we all know how to beat hibs and we arent even football managers. Alan Stubbs refusal to change anything has cost us time and time again.

The only chance we have next week is the sheer arrogance of Rangers, meaning they let us play and don't just set up to counter us like everyone else with a brain does.

green day
14-05-2016, 06:45 AM
This is the main problem for me, the forwards get blamed for not scoring enough goals, but when they are being fed by those two is it any wonder?

Next week against sevco, we will probably play 3 centre halves and 5 across the middle with Stevenson and Gray sitting in as a 5 at the back when they have the ball.

They should play better in that because they will mostly be defending, its when they go forward they struggle, and so does the rest of the team.

And being honest, we dont have a plan B apart from 3 5 2 - it worked pretty well last time at Easter Road, and not to play that allows Tavernier and Wallace free reign on the wings.

Also, McGeogh might be crocked for next week, so the midfield will need some thought outside Stubbs 'magic diamond' formation

SlickShoes
14-05-2016, 06:46 AM

The amount of times that Stevenson cuts back and inside instead of being able to beat a man and cross or hit the by line and cross is staggering. We get to the edge of the box and instead of putting balls in, we knock it back and forward 5 or 6 times then the cross just hits the first defender.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2016, 06:51 AM
The amount of times that Stevenson cuts back and inside instead of being able to beat a man and cross or hit the by line and cross is staggering. We get to the edge of the box and instead of putting balls in, we knock it back and forward 5 or 6 times then the cross just hits the first defender.

Its the same with Gray, or he hits the first player trying to get a cross in. Not their faults, they dont pick the team, but they are being asked to do things they are not very good at.

Its also a shame they failed at doing what they are decent at last night, and defend properly.:rolleyes:

lucky
14-05-2016, 06:56 AM
The old football phrase off "out the park for medals" was proved correct yet again

Aldo
14-05-2016, 07:00 AM
I'd get Gunnarrsson in the team for next week at the Capt's expense!

mmmmhibby
14-05-2016, 07:04 AM
One moment from David Gray changed the game. Shocking defensive header, really really poor.

what about our resident superhero Lewis Stevenson at the 1st goal???? Get both these no mark players oot ma club today please.....absolute huddies....Lewis is the worst LB I've seen at ER.....and dinnae even start talking gibberish defending him wi the nice guy *****, and the honest trier pish.

mmmmhibby
14-05-2016, 07:08 AM

True, however we have conceded some awful awful goals too.