PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets

hibee1875
13-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Probably fair to say we've sold our last one. Anyone not got one yet that's still to renew? Anyone now not going to renew?

Do we deserve a partial refund?

Casey1875
13-05-2016, 09:54 PM
I would say a partial refund is the least they can do. It's not going to happen though as money will be tighter than ever.

SteveHFC
13-05-2016, 09:55 PM
We should get at least discount or a voucher for the shop.

madhatter
Huge discount for strips or shop merchandise and incentives?

NadeAteMyLunch!
Anyone know if you can cancel Zebra finance?[emoji102]

Lee Marvin
13-05-2016, 09:56 PM
We will sell 6.5k max.

I now won't be renewing. And that is a painful thought. Cannot justify it for another year in this horrific division at the ludicrous prices.

My seat will still be there for the few games I attend as a walk up.

Literally devastated tonight.

AL-Qaholik
13-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Should be a substantial refund for anyone daft enough to have already bought one. We ARE a Championship club - price tickets accordingly.

JJP
13-05-2016, 09:57 PM
I've not renewed yet. Give me a few weeks and I probably will because I guess I'm a gluten for punishment.

Keyser Sauzee
13-05-2016, 09:57 PM
me & my brother still to renew, will do aswell in the summer.

I'm_cabbaged
13-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Probably fair to say we've sold our last one. Anyone not got one yet that's still to renew? Anyone now not going to renew?

Not renewing, lucky if I used it 10 times this season. Mind you I say that every season 😞

Cod Boy
13-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Should have waited to see what league they were going to be in before buying one.

HibeeLR
Have already renewed and glad I have done so...whatever division we are in I will always support the team I love! I know it's hard, especially after nights like this but we have to keep beliving, next year is vital and we need/will go up GGTTH

DH1875
We will sell 6.5k max.

I now won't be renewing. And that is a painful thought. Cannot justify it for another year in this horrific division at the ludicrous prices.

My seat will still be there for the few games I attend as a walk up.

Literally devastated tonight.

Have we not already sold around 7k? Thank duck for the cup final cause would hate to see the figure if we hadn't made it. Shockingly over priced.

SaulGoodman
13-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Should be a substantial refund for anyone daft enough to have already bought one. We ARE a Championship club - price tickets accordingly.

Sorry, what do you mean by "anyone daft enough to have already bought one"?

Scouse Hibee

Partial refund my erse,some of us support Hibs regardless of where they play.

leggeto
The folk who have renewed should get a medal and a guard of honore

H18 SFR
I waited to see who we would be playing. Can't see us renewing. Pay at the gate when it suits I think.

Mantis Toboggan
I would say a partial refund is the least they can do. It's not going to happen though as money will be tighter than ever.

Point of the season ticket though is to support the club up front financially. Totally understand why people are fed up but the team needs us all to dig in here. Its hard to take right now but whats the alternative?!

Scouse Hibee

Away and bolt.

high bee
13-05-2016, 10:01 PM
The folk who have renewed should get a medal and a guard of honore

Agreed, UTD had sold around 1k a couple of weeks ago. Our loyalty is beyond belief.

madhatter
13-05-2016, 10:02 PM

100%, refund even partial would be ridiculous. However, incentives should be given - discount from club shop (free home top etc.)

hibsdaft
13-05-2016, 10:02 PM
A free ticket for the league cup in July might be a good idea. Attendences for those games could be poor if we don't do something to get folk along.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2016, 10:03 PM
I can't imagine there's too many more to be sold to be honest.

I can't see that there's going to be much demand for tickets for games againt Dunfermline, St Mirren and Dumbarton in a 20,000 seater stadium.

green&left

£380 with no Cat A games.

No chance off a refund from Hibs. We'll get feed the same nonsense about how we need to maintain our SPL budget so we can compete at the top level. Worked wonders the last 2 seasons....

scoopyboy

Do one ya daftie

adhibs
13-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Bought one, and the whole time i was at the ticket desk i was thinking this is a bad idea. Sadly been proven right

hibee1875
13-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Should have waited to see what league they were going to be in before buying one.

"they"??? Us and them? This is a we situation.

I bought mines regardless. The point I'm getting at with the partial refund is we're now paying the same price without any cat A games. I'm right in saying this is the third year of the freeze? So the price we once paid for 6 games against rangers Celtic and hearts we're now paying for Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and potentially Ayr?

neil7908
13-05-2016, 10:06 PM
£15 per ticket for all home league games next year. Refund ST's accordingly.

Anything more than that and the club are really taking the p*ss

Bobo
13-05-2016, 10:07 PM

Haven't renewed and won't be, was never going to suffer a 3rd season watching this sub-standard 2nd rate pish. 35 years a season ticket holder has finally come to an end, I sadly won't be back.

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Haven't renewed and won't be, was never going to suffer a 3rd season watching this sub-standard 2nd rate pish. 35 years a season ticket holder has finally come to an end, I sadly won't be back.

Look at me!

JJP
13-05-2016, 10:10 PM

Sad when guys like you throw in the towel. Club really has let our great support down far too often in the last few years.

Hibstrooper
13-05-2016, 10:10 PM
A free ticket for the league cup in July might be a good idea. Attendences for those games could be poor if we don't do something to get folk along.

Teams in Europe don't enter the League Cup until the later stages 😉

Craig_in_Prague
13-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Look at me!

A bit harsh mate.

If anything its just sad, where the club are right now.
Crowds will drop significantly, no doubt. And we can't blame those for not returning, coz its brutal in this league and everyone has limits.

norhfc
13-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Sad to hear fans not renewing but I totally understand. I get to see most games on HibsTv and watching Hibs trying to break down teams with 9-10 men behind the ball is soul destroying. Major disaster tonight, said it all along, would have preferred promotion to that cup. All I can do tho is subscribe again next season....gutted.

IberianHibernian
13-05-2016, 10:13 PM

We won`t be in League Cup groups as we`ll have Europa League on 14th , 21st and hopefully 28th July and 4th August before starting the league on 7th August .

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2016, 10:16 PM
A bit harsh mate.

If anything its just sad, where the club are right now.
Crowds will drop significantly, no doubt. And we can't blame those for not returning, coz its brutal in this league and everyone has limits.

Not in my book,you either support a team or you don't,no time for folk throwing the towel in.

eastterrace
13-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Haven't renewed and won't be, was never going to suffer a 3rd season watching this sub-standard 2nd rate pish. 35 years a season ticket holder has finally come to an end, I sadly won't be back. I know your hurting but surely you can't turn your back on your club. Sad you won't be back but hey so be it the rest of us will just have to keep supporting the club. Catch you back at Easter road when we do eventually get back up

Craig_in_Prague
13-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Not in my book,you either support a team or you don't,no time for folk throwing the towel in.

He wasn't attention seeking though. Thus i thought your response was a tad harsh.

I agree but the fact is, all clubs lose some of the crowd when times are bad. And lets face it, the 2nd tier of scottish football, is seriously rank.
35 years of mainly suffering seems fair enough to give it a break for a year or two!

Casey1875
13-05-2016, 10:20 PM

I'd say 35 years with a season ticket is supporting the team. £380 is a joke for no cat A games. I've got mine but if I didn't, I wouldn't be buying one.

IberianHibernian
13-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Renewing season ticket is not that important . What is important is continuing to support the club with or without ST and keeping interest in our club .

Pete
13-05-2016, 10:21 PM
The club might offer a partial refund through goodwill leaving it up to you if you take it.

We need to circle the wagons more than ever now.

I'll be purchasing when the new seats are released. Signed A.Daftie.

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2016, 10:22 PM
He wasn't attention seeking though. Thus i thought your response was a tad harsh.

I agree but the fact is, all clubs lose some of the crowd when times are bad. And lets face it, the 2nd tier of scottish football, is seriously rank.
35 years of mainly suffering seems fair enough to give it a break for a year or two!

I've supported Hibs for 25 years and they're not even my home town team!

Coco Bryce
13-05-2016, 10:22 PM
I really feel for anyone who's paid out £380 for another season watching this turgid depressing league.

Ilovehibs
13-05-2016, 10:23 PM

Hear, hear. Stay behind the club next season if we are to have any chance of getting out of this crap league. Hibernian fans, support the team now more than ever. The constant disappointments are sair to bear, but if you love Hibs, keep backing the boys in green. Hard when you are hurting but I love Hibs.

kaimendhibs
13-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Renewed a while back, its the chance you take

Craig_in_Prague
13-05-2016, 10:25 PM

I support a fairly average team here for 12 years. But win lose or draw the team and fans are together. And its 3 or 5 quid a match (cat A and B). Plus you can stand and drink beer.
Hibs kick fans in the nuts too often. It has to be understandable if some lay off it for a bit.

murray26
13-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Renewed already.. Scousehibby is the only one talking any sense on this thread.. Pathetic reaction from some fans on here..

kaimendhibs
13-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Renewed already.. Scousehibby is the only one talking any sense on this thread.. Pathetic reaction from some fans on here..

Eh? What did i say wrong

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Eh? What did i say wrong

:-)

IberianHibernian
13-05-2016, 10:30 PM
I really feel for anyone who's paid out £380 for another season watching this turgid depressing league.Do you really think Premiership is much better ? For Hibs fans would trips to Dens , Motherwell or Dingwall be better than to Tannadice , Dunfermline or Kirkcaldy ? I agree prices are too high and that club scored a massive own goal by not reducing prices while in lower division but noone is forced to renew and cup runs can`t be ignored .

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2016, 10:30 PM

:top marks

murray26
13-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Eh? What did i say wrong

Lol.. Sorry mate.. No everyone but you know what I mean..

madhatter
13-05-2016, 10:33 PM

Bit harsh tbh, this could be one of the worst eras for our football club. Defining moments and the definition so far hasn't been a positive one. Add to that, we've been charged higher prices than a fair number of Premier League clubs for STs for many years with abject failure the return on it.

I'll probably be renewing but can fully understand why people might not. In truth, still doesn't feel like our club and simply hasn't given enough back to its fans.

murray26
13-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Bit harsh tbh, this could be one of the worst eras for our football club. Defining moments and the definition so far hasn't been a positive one. Add to that, we've been charged higher prices than a fair number of Premier League clubs for STs for many years with abject failure the return on it.

I'll probably be renewing but can fully understand why people might not. In truth, still doesn't feel like our club and simply hasn't given enough back to its fans.
Fair enough but by not renewing it's going to make it even harder to fund the team.. I've seen enough to believe we'll be back next year..

Nicho87
13-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Refunds

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Refunds

Seriously, will that not affect playing budget?

JK Rolling
13-05-2016, 10:51 PM

Look at me!!!!!!:take that

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Look at me!!!!!!:take that

Yes look at me indeed.

ben johnson
13-05-2016, 10:54 PM
Paid for my season. Boiling it down I give twice as much a year to LRT on bus fares Seasons giving a pound a day to HFC. And we wonder why we are where we are.

Smartie
13-05-2016, 10:55 PM
This really isn't the time for a rational conversation on this subject.

gegs70
13-05-2016, 10:58 PM
I renewed simply as I watched a document advert from hibs, about life with hibs Julie who's dad died from cancer, I realised that football although pleasing on the eye it's about families coming together and about memories. No one is more disappointed than me at today's result or the nature of the result.....but we are still within touching distance of something special if we don't win this cup then yes in some ways it will have been a fantastic miserable season......let's try to hold it together. ..

Andy74
13-05-2016, 11:00 PM
This really isn't the time for a rational conversation on this subject.

Agree. At this point I can't imagine having to watch more of this league but having bought the tickets I will be doing just that.

Ozyhibby
13-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Anyone who bought one after the launch had seen Stubbs's team in action plenty so there is no come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MartinfaePorty
13-05-2016, 11:01 PM
I've renewed for the 27th or 28th season in a row, but my mate is not, after getting his first this season. Unless we come out the blocks quickly, crowds will be 7-8k.

JJP
13-05-2016, 11:02 PM
At these prices for this level of football, aye you are. Muppet.

If you don't support the club anymore, fine. But I don't see what you gain from insulting those who still do.

HibeeLR
13-05-2016, 11:07 PM
I feel sorry for those who will not be renewing, You's will miss our title winning season 👍😏

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2016, 11:08 PM
If you don't support the club anymore, fine. But I don't see what you gain from insulting those who still do.

Alfred E Newman
13-05-2016, 11:09 PM
At these prices for this level of football, aye you are. Muppet.

I'm in good company then, far better company than so called supporters like you.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2016, 11:11 PM
I renewed my season ticket weeks ago and I'll be there come the first day of next season.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2016, 11:14 PM
I renewed my season ticket weeks ago and I'll be there come the first day of next season.

Alfred E Newman

:top marks Correct.

Pete

You might get lucky and find out were drawn away to Ayr on the opening day. Welcome to hell. :greengrin

matty_f

:agree:

hibee_girl
13-05-2016, 11:16 PM

Exactly :agree:

The Harp Awakes
13-05-2016, 11:17 PM
The reality is that the Club will be struggling to sell many more STs now before the start of the season. At walk up prices of £20+ we will struggle to attract extra fans. A Scottish Cup win may create a bit of enthusiasm but the bottom line is that prices to attend league games next season at Easter Road will be excessive when you look at the calibre of the opposition.

I've already bought an ST and I don't regret it, but for the good of the Club I think they need to review their intended pricing structure for next season. It will be harder to gain promotion with hardly any home support backing the team.

Ozyhibby
13-05-2016, 11:20 PM

You are rewarding failure. This is not a dig as I will end up doing the same but we are not helping. We are telling them they can keep under performing as we will always be here. Grim.

Baldy Foghorn
13-05-2016, 11:23 PM
You are rewarding failure. This is not a dig as I will end up doing the same but we are not helping. We are telling them they can keep under performing as we will always be here. Grim.

Rock and a hard place, you either back them or you don't. The reality of less supporters is a weakened team, is that what we want?

Sir David Gray
13-05-2016, 11:23 PM
You might get lucky and find out were drawn away to Ayr on the opening day. Welcome to hell. :greengrin

It makes no odds to me who we're playing against or where we're playing about.

Celtic, Hearts, Dumbarton or Ayr Utd, if Hibs are playing then I want to be there.

The club is a huge part of my life and it really doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me which division we're competing in.

I'm absolutely gutted about tonight and I am quite angry about things as well but there's nothing I can do about what's happened. I certainly won't be turning my back on the club that I love.

Pete
13-05-2016, 11:24 PM

This has to be trolling.

Gid yin :tee hee:

Sir David Gray
13-05-2016, 11:25 PM

Guilty as charged.

Pete
13-05-2016, 11:25 PM
It makes no odds to me who we're playing against or where we're playing about.

Celtic, Hearts, Dumbarton or Ayr Utd, if Hibs are playing then I want to be there.

The club is a huge part of my life and it really doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me which division we're competing in.

I'm absolutely gutted about tonight and I am quite angry about things as well but there's nothing I can do about what's happened. I certainly won't be turning my back on the club that I love.

I know man.:aok:

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2016, 11:26 PM

Deary me

Ozyhibby
13-05-2016, 11:27 PM
This has to be trolling.

Gid yin :tee hee:

Isn't trolling your MO?

matty_f
13-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Before this thread degenerates into a personal argument can we keep it on topic.

If you think someone's trolling report the post and let the admins deal with it if we agree.

Pete
13-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Isn't trolling your MO?

Come on man, "rewarding failure"? What's that all about?

You'll be helping to build a team that wants to be successful.

Ozyhibby
13-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Come on man, "rewarding failure"? What's that all about?

You'll be helping to build a team that wants to be successful.

I know as much as the next man the need for finances and I have been doing my best to support HSL. But we are now heading into a tenth straight year performing under our budget and its getting harder to convince folk to back Petrie again.
Like I said, I'm as guilty as others but let's face it, there will be a lot less of us next season. Easter road will be a morgue next season.

Criswell
14-05-2016, 12:06 AM
I haven't renewed yet but will certainly do so. I regard myself as a supporter not just a fan.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 01:01 AM
Rock and a hard place, you either back them or you don't. The reality of less supporters is a weakened team, is that what we want?

We will still go but let's be honest, £380 is very expensive for the league we are in.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 01:03 AM
We could certainly close a stand next season as the numbers just won't turn up to justify the whole ground being open..... 20,000 seats for 5-6k fans. Board have only got themselves to blame.

southern hibby
14-05-2016, 04:26 AM
I'm actually not sure what to do. I'm self employed and never normally go to work the night of the football ( work nightsgift) but this is my choice. What I do find more infuriating is games getting shifted all over the place to suit TV.

I understand and appreciate we need the money, but some fans need a bit of stability and I don't think this is Hibs fault per say but the governing bodies.

Number of games shifted around this season to suit other TV games is scandalous. Questions need to be asked at higher levels what's more important fans or pittance we receive from TV.

GGTTH

Lex7zero
14-05-2016, 04:40 AM
[QUOTE=hibee1875;4684309]Probably fair to say we've sold our last one. Anyone not got one yet that's still to renew? Anyone now not going to renew?

Yup as yet another that renewed hoping that we would be in the premiership I think Mr Stubbs who has failed huge time should offer me a partial refund. Biggest gob shxxx we have had in a long time but no end product.

Do we deserve a partial refund? You bet we do

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 05:06 AM
I'm actually not sure what to do. I'm self employed and never normally go to work the night of the football ( work nightsgift) but this is my choice. What I do find more infuriating is games getting shifted all over the place to suit TV.

I understand and appreciate we need the money, but some fans need a bit of stability and I don't think this is Hibs fault per say but the governing bodies.

Number of games shifted around this season to suit other TV games is scandalous. Questions need to be asked at higher levels what's more important fans or pittance we receive from TV.

GGTTH

TV won't be such an issue next season now that Sevco are out the league.
£380 for the championship with not a single category A game.

Sean1875
14-05-2016, 05:11 AM
I've got my season ticket sorted and don't regret it at all. Had my doubts last nights as to whether it was worth it but now the dust has settled I know I can't picture myself anywhere else on a Saturday rather than ER. Reckon a few other fans may be the same.. a Scottish cup win next week and the pain were all feeling just now won't be as bad.. have faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coldingham hibs
14-05-2016, 06:04 AM
Every season ticket holder who purchased in advance of last nights result should be given another season ticket free. At least the club may make additional monies from the sale of refreshments etc. If there are games which would attract a crowd of more than the left over seats then the free season ticket holders can pay for that particular game. The ground will be at least half full.

WhileTheChief..
14-05-2016, 06:09 AM
They could stick one of those pod things in Princes St handing out free season tickets and would still struggle to shift them.

Fergos
14-05-2016, 06:11 AM
It's a personal choice, for me I've renewed a few weeks back.

The wounds of last night are and will be open for a while yet but IMHO when you support a team its for life, not based on what league they are in.

Hibernian Forever

hibbymark
14-05-2016, 06:30 AM
[QUOTE=hibee1875;4684309]Probably fair to say we've sold our last one. Anyone not got one yet that's still to renew? Anyone now not going to renew?

Yup as yet another that renewed hoping that we would be in the premiership I think Mr Stubbs who has failed huge time should offer me a partial refund. Biggest gob shxxx we have had in a long time but no end product.

Do we deserve a partial refund? You bet we do

I have to admit that after the Hamilton debacle I emailed the club on the Monday morning(with the hangover from hell) demanding a refund for my season ticket for the following year. The club being what it was at that time didn't even acknowledge my email !
My gripe and anger was being charged full premier league prices to see the Alloa's and Dumbarton's of the world. Needless to say once I'd calmed down I bought into the premiership squad, premiership team,best chance to get out of this league at the earliest opportunity talk,as the Leeann Dempster/Stubbs PR machine went into overdrive .
I renewed again this year with the same price gripes running through my head,but with the same underlying message ringing in my ears that this was to make sure we got out of this league we've found ourselves stuck in.
I have already renewed for next year and if I'm honest it was more in hope than expectation of being in the Premiership. Hand on heart couldn't seriously see us beating 3 teams over 6 ties in that short a timeframe with a Scottish cup final in the middle of it.
Gutted does not come close to the feeling I have this morning about the manor in which we lost last night . However offering me a voucher for the shop or some sort of partial refund on my season ticket wouldn't change a thing for me. The only thing I can see happening is that next seasons squad and let's be honest probably new manager,would be trying to get out of this league with a smaller budget than a decent young manager has failed to do now twice.
Before someone tells me Falkirk have a smaller budget so it's Petrie or Dempster or Stubbs fault( I honestly believe Kilmarnock will beat them over two legs anyway ) one thing the last two seasons have taught me is you have to win this league. The play offs are a complete lottery stacked against the the lower league club with 4 matches and injures and suspensions before you even get at shot at the Premiership side.
Season tickets are nowhere near value for money and haven't been for years. The club are going to have to wave their PR magic wond again,but partial refund ! Not a chance.

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2016, 06:42 AM
[QUOTE=Lex7zero;4685283]

I have to admit that after the Hamilton debacle I emailed the club on the Monday morning(with the hangover from hell) demanding a refund for my season ticket for the following year. The club being what it was at that time didn't even acknowledge my email !
My gripe and anger was being charged full premier league prices to see the Alloa's and Dumbarton's of the world. Needless to say once I'd calmed down I bought into the premiership squad, premiership team,best chance to get out of this league at the earliest opportunity talk,as the Leeann Dempster/Stubbs PR machine went into overdrive .
I renewed again this year with the same price gripes running through my head,but with the same underlying message ringing in my ears that this was to make sure we got out of this league we've found ourselves stuck in.
I have already renewed for next year and if I'm honest it was more in hope than expectation of being in the Premiership. Hand on heart couldn't seriously see us beating 3 teams over 6 ties in that short a timeframe with a Scottish cup final in the middle of it.
Gutted does not come close to the feeling I have this morning about the manor in which we lost last night . However offering me a voucher for the shop or some sort of partial refund on my season ticket wouldn't change a thing for me. The only thing I can see happening is that next seasons squad and let's be honest probably new manager,would be trying to get out of this league with a smaller budget than a decent young manager has failed to do now twice.
Before someone tells me Falkirk have a smaller budget so it's Petrie or Dempster or Stubbs fault( I honestly believe Kilmarnock will beat them over two legs anyway ) one thing the last two seasons have taught me is you have to win this league. The play offs are a complete lottery stacked against the the lower league club with 4 matches and injures and suspensions before you even get at shot at the Premiership side.
Season tickets are nowhere near value for money and haven't been for years. The club are going to have to wave their PR magic wond again,but partial refund ! Not a chance.
Excellent post.
The one thing that was proved last night is that you don't get out of this league playing Premier League football with nice footballers. I am convinced that squad of players and manager would have finished top six quite easily yet it is not designed for the weekly grind of the championship.
The last two promotions were gained with teams built to compete against the brutal type of football dished up by the likes of Falkirk.

flash
14-05-2016, 06:48 AM
I really feel for anyone who's paid out £380 for another season watching this turgid depressing league.

Don't feel sorry for me. It's what I do on a Saturday while others sit on computers slavering drivel on match threads, many of them within touching distance of the stadium.

ruthven_raiders
14-05-2016, 07:04 AM
Don't feel sorry for me. It's what I do on a Saturday while others sit on computers slavering drivel on match threads, many of them within touching distance of the stadium.

Exactly..... I've been hibs supporter fifty years now, next Saturday if we win will be the greatest day of my football life

Scouse Hibee
14-05-2016, 07:06 AM
I bought my season ticket to watch Hibs, nothing hss changed It still entitles me to watch Hibs so talk of a refund or partial refund is laughable.

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 07:07 AM
If you want a refund, of partial refund on your Season Ticket, you probably shouldn't have bought one in the first place.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-05-2016, 07:07 AM

Im daft enough and i dont want a refund.

The team, the manager can (and often do) let us down, but the club is in my blood and if us fans dont keep it going, it will decline.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-05-2016, 07:10 AM

Well said mate.

lucky
14-05-2016, 07:13 AM
I don't want a refund but I doubt many will part with £380 for a championship ST. I think it should have been £285 , £15 per game and charge walk ups £17. For me LD made a mistake when she first came in with regards to ST price. I understand in year 1 we had 4 Cat A games so there was and argument on the price. Last season we had 2 Cat A games. Next season there is none. £22 for a second tier game against the likes of Dumbarton is a joke.

archiebald
14-05-2016, 07:16 AM
What age do concessions start ? Serious question

Sir David Gray
14-05-2016, 07:20 AM
I bought my season ticket to watch Hibs, nothing hss changed It still entitles me to watch Hibs so talk of a refund or partial refund is laughable.

:agree: If you bought a season ticket prior to last night, you knew you were buying one without knowing which league we would be playing in next season.

I really don't see why a refund should be given. Yes £380 for a season ticket in the Championship is too expensive but no-one forced anyone to buy one.

Keith_M
14-05-2016, 07:23 AM
I fail to see how they can justify keeping the prices the same for next season.

There were four Cat A games last season, two this season and there'll be none the next. In terms of paying for every match as a walk-up, that's already a drop in cost of 24 quid.

Buying a Season Ticket has to have some benefit over paying walk-up prices all season.

biggineurope
14-05-2016, 07:28 AM
I've renewed already, glad I did, onwards and upwards GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
14-05-2016, 07:28 AM

There were four Cat A games last season, two this season and there'll be none the next. In terms of paying for every match as a walk-up, that's already a drop in cost of 24 quid.

Buying a Season Ticket has to have some benefit over paying walk-up prices all season.

They have already set the prices,there was no guarantee of SPL football and people bought them,no need to justify anything now.

Keith_M
14-05-2016, 07:36 AM
They have already set the prices,there was no guarantee of SPL football and people bought them,no need to justify anything now.

If you miss just one match as an ST holder next season, you'll have paid more than someone that paid walkup prices for each of those games.

ST Holders are the lifeblood of the club and I feel many of them are getting a bit of a raw deal.

greenlad
14-05-2016, 07:38 AM

Will need to charge walkup prices of £23

carnoustiehibee
14-05-2016, 07:41 AM
Will need to charge walkup prices of £23

And then moan why people don't travel to games and the ground is half empty.

staunchhibby
14-05-2016, 07:41 AM
For your information I resent the comment daft for renewing season ticket. I think I am sane and it was my choice to renew

Michael
14-05-2016, 07:44 AM
The odds were always firmly against us in the play-offs...I seriously don't know why anyone would have expected premiership football after we fell away from Rangers.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 07:45 AM
For your information I resent the comment daft for renewing season ticket. I think I am sane and it was my choice to renew

Ive got mine but £380 is extortionate for the level and standard of football we are being subjected to.

andy1875
14-05-2016, 07:55 AM
The guys I go to the game with were speaking about this after the Raith game in the pub and again after Falkirk midweek.

To coin a phrase I have heard numerous times, "Hibs are a way of life". Yes it is bitterly disappointing after last night but we will be back in the SPL (sometime :greengrin ) and who knows what this coming Saturday holds in store?

Its the what ifs, the love for the club, its seeing your mates, the laughs, its standing with your dad/brother/mum/sister whoever it may be on the terraces, memories of going to the games that takes you back time and time again.

Your football club are your football club and Hibs are the club for me, no matter how many times they disappoint us.

I'll be there next season.

Scouse Hibee
14-05-2016, 07:59 AM
ST works out at just under £19 a game for me,I find that reasonable.

Mathias Jack
14-05-2016, 08:07 AM

That's the spirit, don't back your club. I'll remind you of this post when we're playing our first game of the season in League 2. I've renewed, and will do every year. Without the fans, the club dies, your call...

calumhibee1
14-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Ive got mine but £380 is extortionate for the level and standard of football we are being subjected to.

I've also renewed and have had a season ticket every season since I was a wee boy, including seasons where I played football on Saturdays so hardly ever made it. However if we're in this league in 2017/18 I'll not be renewing. Simple as that. £380 to watch teams and referees ruin the game every week against us is scandalous.

Moody D
14-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Everyone going on about the odds being against us in the play offs. Get real! Remember our first play off, Hamilton seemed to overturn the odds! We need to look at Hearts and Rangers who won this diddy league with ease by beating the diddy teams. A mate at work has just paid £ 300 for his season along the road! £80 less in the top division!! We all have a choice, sense or torture

AlbertK86
14-05-2016, 09:00 AM
I was absolutely gutted last night and I'm still absolutely hacked off this morning.

However we cannot change what has happened so have to look forward.

I renewed my ST during early bird period and don't regret doing so for 1 minute.

This still has the potential to be the best season in living memory IF we win the holy grail.

Even if we don't I'll still back the team all the way.

That's life, that's what being a Hibby is all about ...... No matter how many kicks in the gonads we continue to suffer.

Let's back the team to the hilt and do what we can to land the holy grail.

Next season ... Hit the top of the league from the off and if we can maintain that position hopefully those making noise about giving up on the club will reconsider and return.

I'm not having a dig at those who have had enough. It is down to personal opinions and yep I agree the club have to do their bit to invigorate the fans.

Anyway fingers crossed for next Saturday.

Massive opportunity for the club to make a statement of character and intent.

Play with the right intensity for the full match and give it the best shot possible.

One of the best chances we have had to land the elusive Scottish Cup

Mon the F&:%#n Hibees

GGTTH

marleyhib
14-05-2016, 09:15 AM
I've renewed and always will do, free cup top up would be a nice gesture from the club although this season I'd have been happy go get dumped out the cups of it had helped promotion

14-05-2016, 09:18 AM
I've renewed, i'll be there to support my club regardless of what league thats in.

woodyhfc4892
14-05-2016, 09:23 AM
I've renewed, daft of not, I'll always support my team through thick and thin!

Roberts1875
14-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Season ticket already renewed, of course it is, I'm as gutted as everyone else, but when the dust has settled this is still my club and I love it regardless. Players and managers come and go, we the fans, the lifeblood are permanent. If you not renewed, man up, grow a set, quit whining and back the club

overdrive
14-05-2016, 09:25 AM
I've renewed for next season but this is Hibs last chance to keep me as a ST holder. If we don't win this awful league at a canter Hibs don't deserve the support. I definitely won't be renewing if they again ask us to renew without knowing what league we will be in.

northgreen24
14-05-2016, 09:35 AM
I have renewed for the first time in 6 years but now with 2 kids, they are now old enough to to endure / enjoy the next few years. As gutted as I was last night any hibby can't really be schocked as sadly this is what keeps us coming back for the rare but amazing great days :flag::flag:

My first season ticket was the year the famous 5 opened and fingers crossed my kids will now have one for years and enjoy the hights and lows of supporting :gwa:

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 09:54 AM

Well said.

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 09:58 AM
Renewed weeks ago.

I support Hibs and chucking it just isn't an option for me. Each to their own though and everyone can do what they feel is right. I don't want any refund, money off vouchers or whatever else either.

Calling people buying STs clowns, muppets, fools or whatever else is piss poor though imo. Absolutely no need.

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Renewed weeks ago.

I support Hibs and chucking it just isn't an option for me. Each to their own though and everyone can do what they feel is right. I don't want any refund, money off vouchers or whatever else either.

Calling people buying STs clowns, muppets, fools or whatever else is piss poor though imo. Absolutely no need.

Agree although would also say that telling Stubbs to F off is also piss poor

Cod Boy
14-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Got my laddie his first season ticket for next season he is six years old.I will be taking him along with my Dad and my laddie is excited to be going to watch the Hibs this is our future fans and the lifeblood of the club.

Jamesconnolly
14-05-2016, 10:13 AM

Spot on

HappyHanlon
14-05-2016, 10:19 AM
"Partial refunds"
"No going back"
"Had enough"
"No watching Hibs play in that 2nd rate league"

Lets address the each of the gripes listed above:

Partial Refunds - yeah lets get the club reimburse part of the ST money. Lets reclaim some of the managers budget. FFS!

No Going Back - fine, dinnae come back then. But make sure you're not demanding any future cup semi/final tickets. Back the club through thick and thin.

Had Enough - sometimes it's hard getting booted in the baws over and over again. It's Hibs though, you love them really.

No Watching Hibs Play in a 2nd rate league - beat it then glory hunter. As above, don't start expecting cup tickets.

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Agree although would also say that telling Stubbs to F off is also piss poor

You're spot on. Poor from myself although in my 'defence' it was a heat of the moment reaction after a few drinks (more than a few actually). Not an excuse but perhaps an explanation.

That's different, imo, from what is pretty regular digs at people who continue to support the club. I'll moan about Hibs as much as anyone but I still get off my erse and go to support the team, physically and financially. If others can't or don't want to then fine but don't run guys like me down. In the days of corporate football with 'brand awareness', 'developing markets', half and half scarves and 'official envelope adhesive partners' folk who still go and watch football at the level Hibs are currently operating at, or even the one we aspire to tbh, should be applauded rather than mocked.

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 12:10 PM
You're spot on. Poor from myself although in my 'defence' it was a heat of the moment reaction after a few drinks (more than a few actually). Not an excuse but perhaps an explanation.

That's different, imo, from what is pretty regular digs at people who continue to support the club. I'll moan about Hibs as much as anyone but I still get off my erse and go to support the team, physically and financially. If others can't or don't want to then fine but don't run guys like me down. In the days of corporate football with 'brand awareness', 'developing markets', half and half scarves and 'official envelope adhesive partners' folk who still go and watch football at the level Hibs are currently operating at, or even the one we aspire to tbh, should be applauded rather than mocked.

Fair enough PB.....that is why I tend not to post just after a game!

Totally agree with rest of your post. I've renewed because I know i would miss it despite the few highs and many lows

GordonHFC
14-05-2016, 12:13 PM

😊👍

scoopyboy
14-05-2016, 05:00 PM
I know as much as the next man the need for finances and I have been doing my best to support HSL. But we are now heading into a tenth straight year performing under our budget and its getting harder to convince folk to back Petrie again.
Like I said, I'm as guilty as others but let's face it, there will be a lot less of us next season. Easter road will be a morgue next season.

As far as I'm aware I've never met you but from your posts I can tell you're a good spud.

Your support and spreading the word and drumming up support for HSL is admirable.

To say that season ticket holders renewing is rewarding failure is a bit ott. If I took it to the extreme and said we had no season ticket holders then I doubt our club would survive. It's funny how guys that have had season tickets for years and years are frowned upon but guys who said they won't go to matches are lauded as some sort of hero.

I also think your comments regarding Petrie are almost bordering as obsessive. We aren't backing Petrie, we are backing Hibs.

gegs70
14-05-2016, 05:18 PM
As far as I'm aware I've never met you but from your posts I can tell you're a good spud.

Your support and spreading the word and drumming up support for HSL is admirable.

To say that season ticket holders renewing is rewarding failure is a bit ott. If I took it to the extreme and said we had no season ticket holders then I doubt our club would survive. It's funny how guys that have had season tickets for years and years are frowned upon but guys who said they won't go to matches are lauded as some sort of hero.

I also think your comments regarding Petrie are almost bordering as obsessive. We aren't backing Petrie, we are backing Hibs.

I renewed I watched "life with hibs" a young lady who lost her dad. I realised that while ultimately it is about football it's also about meeting up and spending time with family....Win,lose or draw I would miss it too much. I hope hibs prove something thus season and next win the cup and get promoted.,..Some things are worth the wait.

Lancs Harp
14-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Was totally gutted last night, I actually think finding out via Sky TV followed by a volley of text messages from your pizz taking mates was actually harder than witnessing the last minute horror show first hand ....... maybe not.

Originally I wasn't going to renew, for a number of reasons (mainly non football related). The prices for Hibs season tickets is steep and I think prohibitive (no pun intended) for many.
For me personally on the football front only being able to attend 11 out of 18 home games due to living a distance away effectively meant I was paying over £34 a game. Madness perhaps, certainly in a financial sense not to mention the time involved........ But its Hibs and quite simply it means something. To many it actually forms part of who the are, we all have choices to make and we should respect each others decisions, not renewing wouldn't have been easy for many and that Hibs blood will still course through their veins and through others who have never or rarely had a season ticket.

Anyway on the personal front one or two things have changed and I'll be renewing.

We are Hibs.

we are hibs
15-05-2016, 06:06 AM
In reality, the club don't give a flying **** about the fans. They know people will renew regardless. It'll never change.

HH81
15-05-2016, 06:29 AM
Was totally gutted last night, I actually think finding out via Sky TV followed by a volley of text messages from your pizz taking mates was actually harder than witnessing the last minute horror show first hand ....... maybe not.

Originally I wasn't going to renew, for a number of reasons (mainly non football related). The prices for Hibs season tickets is steep and I think prohibitive (no pun intended) for many.
For me personally on the football front only being able to attend 11 out of 18 home games due to living a distance away effectively meant I was paying over £34 a game. Madness perhaps, certainly in a financial sense not to mention the time involved........ But its Hibs and quite simply it means something. To many it actually forms part of who the are, we all have choices to make and we should respect each others decisions, not renewing wouldn't have been easy for many and that Hibs blood will still course through their veins and through others who have never or rarely had a season ticket.

Anyway on the personal front one or two things have changed and I'll be renewing.

We are Hibs.

As someone who also lives 250 plus miles away from ER it is not the cost of the season ticket but the amount of the trains and petrol etc that makes my mind up. Plus I work one in 4 Saturday's so would miss some home games.

You do very well to get to so many games, good effort really is.

JimBHibees
15-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Nothing daft about renewing at all. It's what we do and is quality time with family and friends. Ok quality is maybe stretching it on occasion. :greengrin

GonzoReturns
15-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Have renewed mines and my son's season ticket but did seriously think about it. One things for sure don't think I've suffered so many highs and lows over the past 5 months - both cup semi-finals and the two Hearts games showed where we have got to from the dark days. The lows of the cup final and league we still have work to do. Reflecting yes could point to numerous failings/decisions general bad luck for us not getting promotion this year and last year. But when we first went down we had Rangers and Hearts this scenario was always one that could happen where one of the three stays down for a third season. Unfortunately it's us. Next season could be our best chance to win promotion automatically if we stick by the club, manager and core group of players. Dundee United are in the same state as we were but with less money, Kilmarnock if they come down not dissimilar to Dundee United with even less money, if Falkirk stay down they will they be as good, Dunfermline a threat but are they any better than us, Raith, QoS etc we have already show we are better than them. What we don't need is a summer of discontent and wholesale changes. I want to be part of our journey next season. Next weekend we have a chance to do something no Hibs team has done for 114 years let's unite and have a real good go GGTTH.

NAE NOOKIE
15-05-2016, 07:30 AM
If I win over £70,000,000 on the Euro millions before the start of the 17/18 season I promise I will pay for a 17/18 season ticket for everybody who buys a 16/17 season ticket :greengrin

That being said ........... get buying for 16/17 and support yer club, think how good you will feel when we go up knowing you helped make it happen :aok:

lucky
15-05-2016, 07:41 AM
In reality, the club don't give a flying **** about the fans. They know people will renew regardless. It'll never change.

Sorry mate that's not the case. Speak to Leeann or George Craig they both clearly love Hubs and have a clear vision to develop our club. We just need promoted

lucky
15-05-2016, 07:44 AM
The price if the ST is expensive but student, kids and OAPs look like bargains. I go to watch Hibs but also to have a blether and catch up with friends. Football is addictive but appears many are kicking the habit

eastcoasthibby
15-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Have renewed mines and my son's season ticket but did seriously think about it. One things for sure don't think I've suffered so many highs and lows over the past 5 months - both cup semi-finals and the two Hearts games showed where we have got to from the dark days. The lows of the cup final and league we still have work to do. Reflecting yes could point to numerous failings/decisions general bad luck for us not getting promotion this year and last year. But when we first went down we had Rangers and Hearts this scenario was always one that could happen where one of the three stays down for a third season. Unfortunately it's us. Next season could be our best chance to win promotion automatically if we stick by the club, manager and core group of players. Dundee United are in the same state as we were but with less money, Kilmarnock if they come down not dissimilar to Dundee United with even less money, if Falkirk stay down they will they be as good, Dunfermline a threat but are they any better than us, Raith, QoS etc we have already show we are better than them. What we don't need is a summer of discontent and wholesale changes. I want to be part of our journey next season. Next weekend we have a chance to do something no Hibs team has done for 114 years let's unite and have a real good GGTTH.
Say we get a similar amount of seasons sold for all the reasons people describe, what are the club /board going to do to support those who commit in this way ?
Put some extra cash into the playing budget ? Get into the Football league and stop them from changing so many of our games, which makes it difficult for us to attend fixtures, offer a discount for cup games IE 50% discount, Petrie start representing the club and stop playing a big shot suit in your role with the Hampden kn@bs get a policy in place that makes referees accountable for their poor/awful decisions , I am sure others will have ideas as to what the club/board can give season ticket and regular attendees to acknowledge the ongoibg committment of us all.
Oh and on an slightly different note, control what is said to the media by players and manager, too many times the comments from Stubbsy and players will have motivated ather teams and come back to haunt us ...talk but make sure it reflects what happens in the park!!!

familyman
15-05-2016, 08:05 AM
It seems to me at least, buying a season ticket these past few seasons has been a gamble ,one the fans have lost out on for sure.Premier prices for Championship football...the introduction of one free friendly did not compensate initially ,but then we are fans and it is our way of investing ,I guess we are stuck with that.For me though it would be interesting to learn how many season ticket holders failed to attend games each year,having already paid for their seat.Job demands,illness and especially schedule changes for TV..Given the latter there is a case for some compensation to supporters even if it is costed into the whole cost and distributed by keeping next years ticket costs down..after all the club gets the extra tv money.
Hibs new stance on league cup (no cup top up option)is I guess understandable to a point, but in the modern game the mindset is surely
regular supporters buy a one off season ticket and that is their investment..nothing more other than Hampden appearances or away games .
It is also I suggest the case that once a season ticket is purchased ,there is a feeling you can buy a programme and possibly an over the top priced pie as you don't need to pay on the day to get in!
Just now though I feel totally depressed by the performance of our current Championship standard players,and I guess think if we can be sure the money goes to buy the CORRECT type of player then that would be some compensation..all the other so called club improvements are of far less significance at this time.We have already suffered from the cost of structural improvements, new stands,training ground etc all done thanks to The board selling off our players and refusing to pay decent money for new ones(Lee G etc).Now we see I guess the infrastructure and behind the scenes improvements perhaps were again at an unacceptable cost..
USE THE MONEY FROM SEASON TICKETS TO BUY THE RIGHT TYPE OF PLAYERS TO GET US OUT OF THIS LEAGUE,then we can concentrate on a premier league squad at the end of next season....pretty slow passing football is not enough and FAR too predictable and easy to defend against.

GonzoReturns
15-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Say we get a similar amount of seasons sold for all the reasons people describe, what are the club /board going to do to support those who commit in this way ?
Put some extra cash into the playing budget ? Get into the Football league and stop them from changing so many of our games, which makes it difficult for us to attend fixtures, offer a discount for cup games IE 50% discount, Petrie start representing the club and stop playing a big shot suit in your role with the Hampden kn@bs get a policy in place that makes referees accountable for their poor/awful decisions , I am sure others will have ideas as to what the club/board can give season ticket and regular attendees to acknowledge the ongoibg committment of us all.
Oh and on an slightly different note, control what is said to the media by players and manager, too many times the comments from Stubbsy and players will have motivated ather teams and come back to haunt us ...talk but make sure it reflects what happens in the park!!!

Agreed 100% would also add that promotion winning the league has to be the only thing that matters. Cup runs are great up to a point but this new league cup format isn't going to help us so be honest play your development squad/fringe players etc and charge accordingly.

hibee
15-05-2016, 08:45 AM
I've renewed our 3 tickets, just can't see how giving up is good for the club.

Not seen anything from the SPL teams that we've played and beaten to make me think the standard of football in that league is a massive miss.

I'll still go along to the games with my family, meet and catch up with my mates and have a good day whatever league we are in. I don't go to see other teams, just to watch Hibs.

As the tickets are already paid for I'm not looking for or expecting a refund but a discount off next seasons SPL season tickets when we return as champions would be nice!

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 08:56 AM
£15 per ticket for all home league games next year. Refund ST's accordingly.

Anything more than that and the club are really taking the p*ss

I think all games in Scotland should not be any more than 20 quid (exclusion of cup finals). 15 quid should be the standard pricing as it would encourage more people especially families with children to attend more regularly.

Hibs will be favourites next season and with a winning team more people will attend. I think attendances will improve next season as we will be the dominant force in the league next year. Personally like the vast majority of Hibbies on here I would follow the Hibs whatever league we were in.

GGTTH

Sudds_1
15-05-2016, 09:08 AM

What he said...........and no I'm not a happy clapper.

Just a Hibs SUPPORTER..............................:flag::agre e:

Sudds_1
15-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Season ticket already renewed, of course it is, I'm as gutted as everyone else, but when the dust has settled this is still my club and I love it regardless. Players and managers come and go, we the fans, the lifeblood are permanent. If you not renewed, man up, grow a set, quit whining and back the club

Couldnt have put it better!! :aok::aok:

LeithMike
15-05-2016, 09:26 AM
I think everyone would agree on two things: (1) that season tickets are overpriced for the Championship; and (2) that everyone wants the maximum budget possible for the playing squad for next season.

It's, therefore, down to the owners and Board to consider how they keep supporters who have already renewed happy while trying to encourage others to buy season tickets before the start of the season. The owners and Board also have to take responsibility for the position the club is in.

A season ticket for this division should really cost around £300 for an adult. A poster had suggested a while back that part of the season ticket money received by the club could be donated to HSL. Could the club not come up with a scheme whereby the additional £80-100 charged by the club could be donated to HSL and used to help finance the supporters' investment in the club? That way, a season ticket would be more realistically and fairly priced; the club would not see any reduction in it's budget (as (nearly) all HSL money goes right back to the club anyway); there would be an incentive for supports to buy season tickets going forward; and the current owners would bear responsibility along with the supporters for the failure of the club to achieve promotion. For the past two years, it has been the supporters who have borne it alone by continuing to pay for overpriced season tickets. It really is an abuse of a tremendously loyal customer base.

strummbo
15-05-2016, 09:30 AM
waiting to see what happens with stubbs and backroom staff and squad leavers and additions before i decide.

hfcnic
16-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Renewed a couple of weeks ago, would still renew now if I hadn't. Will support the team as difficult as it is at times.

GGTTH

chippy
16-05-2016, 08:17 AM
I think everyone would agree on two things: (1) that season tickets are overpriced for the Championship; and (2) that everyone wants the maximum budget possible for the playing squad for next season.

It's, therefore, down to the owners and Board to consider how they keep supporters who have already renewed happy while trying to encourage others to buy season tickets before the start of the season. The owners and Board also have to take responsibility for the position the club is in.

A season ticket for this division should really cost around £300 for an adult. A poster had suggested a while back that part of the season ticket money received by the club could be donated to HSL. Could the club not come up with a scheme whereby the additional £80-100 charged by the club could be donated to HSL and used to help finance the supporters' investment in the club? That way, a season ticket would be more realistically and fairly priced; the club would not see any reduction in it's budget (as (nearly) all HSL money goes right back to the club anyway); there would be an incentive for supports to buy season tickets going forward; and the current owners would bear responsibility along with the supporters for the failure of the club to achieve promotion. For the past two years, it has been the supporters who have borne it alone by continuing to pay for overpriced season tickets. It really is an abuse of a tremendously loyal customer base.

I think this is a very sensible idea well thought out

Brightside
16-05-2016, 08:21 AM
I've renewed our 3 tickets, just can't see how giving up is good for the club.

Not seen anything from the SPL teams that we've played and beaten to make me think the standard of football in that league is a massive miss.

I'll still go along to the games with my family, meet and catch up with my mates and have a good day whatever league we are in. I don't go to see other teams, just to watch Hibs.

As the tickets are already paid for I'm not looking for or expecting a refund but a discount off next seasons SPL season tickets when we return as champions would be nice!

This is spot on... Scottish football is pretty rubbish in all divisions. If you are going to games in scotland every week, its for the pretty football.

GreenCastle
16-05-2016, 08:31 AM
I've renewed for next season and looking forward to the adventure again.

I see it as a membership and doing my part to help the club rather than prices per game.

Hibs won't offer a refund - like another poster on here after the Hamilton game I enquired about one in a polite manner and wasn't even acknowledged - the lack of acknowledgement pissed me off more really.

Anyway..Scottish football isn't great - the SPFL will be won by Rangers or Celtic once again with the rest making up the numbers and trying to qualify for Europe to then be knocked out in early rounds or fighting an ugly relegation battle.

Hibs will be promoted in next few years and I am looking forward to seeing it happen again.

After Saturday we can see where we are - oddly a cup final win will boost ticket sales - a loss won't see many sold.

The next challenge is to know who is leading the team next season as we can't afford another slow start !

TrinityHibs
16-05-2016, 08:43 AM
I renewed weeks ago. Don't regret it in any way. Good chat, bit of humour not having to go to Tesco. What's not to like about it. For those bemoaning the lack of Cat A games take the positive out of it. We will not have to listen to the bigoted guff from Celtc and Sevco or have to hear that Hertz Hertz song or any of their inane big team nonsense. As for the rest I don't see a big difference between Dundee Utd, QOS, St Mirren or Falkirk/Kilmarnock and Dundee, Caley, Ross County or Hamilton

FranckSuzy
16-05-2016, 08:54 AM
I've renewed as it's what I do. It's a way of life, it's an ethos/principle/religion - whatever you want to call it - to support the Hibs. Of course I would rather watch my team play in the top division but as they are MY team, I'd watch them on the local park and still be glad they chose me instead of the alternative(s). GGTTH.

Lancs Harp
16-05-2016, 09:11 AM
I renewed weeks ago. Don't regret it in any way. Good chat, bit of humour not having to go to Tesco. What's not to like about it. For those bemoaning the lack of Cat A games take the positive out of it. We will not have to listen to the bigoted guff from Celtc and Sevco or have to hear that Hertz Hertz song or any of their inane big team nonsense. As for the rest I don't see a big difference between Dundee Utd, QOS, St Mirren or Falkirk/Kilmarnock and Dundee, Caley, Ross County or Hamilton

I can appreciate the comments about the bigoted guff from the Ugly sisters but getting back to playing both of them on a regular 4 times a season, with 4 games against Hearts and Aberdeen in addition I would say is vital for the club, inparticular the home games and incomes those games generate. They are high profile games the games fans mark their dairies for.

In all honesty do you prefer the atmosphere at Hibs v Dumbarton/Alloa games or Celtic/Rangers games?

Billychaotic182
16-05-2016, 09:38 AM
This will be my first year out off Aberdeen so I will be able to travel and get a season ticket, first time in 6 years. My family are also wanting to get season tickets too. So that would make 5 of us getting them. We went to every game from the age of 11 till 22. Have to say I'm buzzing for next year. Not so much about hibs but more the idea of going to the games with my nephews again. Them being old enough to enjoy a pint or two before the games. So I must be one of very few people excited about next season.

Gatecrasher
16-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Renewed weeks ago, don't want money back or money off new tops or anything. I just want the job done this time.

ancient hibee
16-05-2016, 09:55 AM
I renewed ages ago-easy for me as an old codger-the price of the ticket is excellent value. To me you either support Hibs or you don't.If you support the club you go to the matches(unless physically or financially impossible)and that's the end of it.

As an aside some people who are complaining about lack of big games are the same people who were advocating(wrongly in my opinion)a bigger top league with less big games and more against the lesser teams-well be careful what you wish for:greengrin

TrinityHibs
16-05-2016, 10:57 AM
I can appreciate the comments about the bigoted guff from the Ugly sisters but getting back to playing both of them on a regular 4 times a season, with 4 games against Hearts and Aberdeen in addition I would say is vital for the club, inparticular the home games and incomes those games generate. They are high profile games the games fans mark their dairies for.

In all honesty do you prefer the atmosphere at Hibs v Dumbarton/Alloa games or Celtic/Rangers games?

The quality of the atmosphere in the big games comes from the Hibs support and the team performance. If we are playing well in font of a big crowd the atmosphere improves. So yes I do prefer the big games if we are doing well as opposed to Dumbarton/Alloa/Morton playing 10 men behind the ball and kicking anything that moves. I understand the importance of attendances/finance and appreciate that we cannot look at things in isolation however setting that to one side I would not be unhappy if neither Celtc or the Rangers ever came to ER again. Their special kind of atmosphere doesn't do a lot for me. Yes they make more noise than Dumbarton but they are a grim species. The atmosphere during the early part of the second half against Falkirk was fantastic and not a bigot in sight.

Geo_1875
16-05-2016, 01:18 PM
The quality of the atmosphere in the big games comes from the Hibs support and the team performance. If we are playing well in font of a big crowd the atmosphere improves. So yes I do prefer the big games if we are doing well as opposed to Dumbarton/Alloa/Morton playing 10 men behind the ball and kicking anything that moves. I understand the importance of attendances/finance and appreciate that we cannot look at things in isolation however setting that to one side I would not be unhappy if neither Celtc or the Rangers ever came to ER again. Their special kind of atmosphere doesn't do a lot for me. Yes they make more noise than Dumbarton but they are a grim species. The atmosphere during the early part of the second half against Falkirk was fantastic and not a bigot in sight.

Totally agree. It's almost worth playing in the Championship to not have our City invaded 4 times a year by the great unwashed.

marinello59
16-05-2016, 01:24 PM

Playing in a league without the games against Celtic, Rangers or Hearts is second best, I really don't get how anybody can argue otherwise. Those games are the ones that keep you awake all week beforehand as getting a result against them all means so much more. I'd rather savour the potential satisfaction of shutting their fans up by beating them on the park than taking any comfort in simply avoiding them all together.

gegs70
16-05-2016, 02:46 PM
I renewed much to my son's disgust.....We missed a load of games last season due to evening kick offs, I work nights and my son had a few evening kick offs for his football. Season ticket prices are a little expensive for where we are but I understand they have to pay more in wages to attract the right kind of player which so far hasn't quite got us to where wantediluvian to be. Could be another difficult season with United killie/Falkirk, dunfermline etc in the league too......

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Renewing 2 on Friday.