PDA

View Full Version : We'll be ready

lugz
13-05-2016, 09:28 PM
As players and as fans we will be ready for the final.

Tonight is devastating, I'm absolutely gutted but give me 3/4 days and I'll be counting down to Saturday, getting my colours ready and ready to cheer the lads on.

Same goes for the players, they have a chance to make history. There is 0% chance those lads won't be up for it. Plenty rest and time to get ready.

SlickShoes
13-05-2016, 09:29 PM
I'll be ready for another soul crushing disappointment, year on year it only gets worse.

lugz
13-05-2016, 09:31 PM
I'll be ready for another soul crushing disappointment, year on year it only gets worse.

It never gets easier but we'll be there hoping for the best, it's all we can do.

SkintHibby
13-05-2016, 09:32 PM
The huns are gonna demolish us.

Ell_Chrisso
13-05-2016, 09:37 PM
If there was ever a team and a support more than anything that deserved a break in football, it's us.

I really hope we all get to have a party of a lifetime come next Sat eve.

GGTTH

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 09:39 PM
No offence to the OP. But these threads appear on here whenever we reach a cup final and each time, whichever players and manager we happen to have at the time, find a new way of letting us down.

It sounds ridiculous, but its almost as if its planned.

Pete
13-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Technically, we will actually be ready because we'll have a full week to rest tired muscles and prepare.

Would have preferred to he playing against Killie midweek though.

SlickShoes
13-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Technically, we will actually be ready because we'll have a full week to rest tired muscles and prepare.

Would have preferred to he playing against Killie midweek though.

Hope we go to malaga to keep fit

lugz
13-05-2016, 09:42 PM
No offence to the OP. But these threads appear on here whenever we reach a cup final and each time, whichever players and manager we happen to have at the time, find a new way of letting us down.

It sounds ridiculous, but its almost as if its planned.

I totally get what you mean I'm just seeing so many posts saying we're going to get pumped, the players won't recover from tonight.

All I'm saying is yes they will they have over a week to rest up and prepare, does that mean we'll win no. We as fans will still sell out our end and hope for the best.

gorgie greens
just depends on the players picking themselves up , if anything the huns looked to be on holiday the last couple of games so here's to more of that

Sir David Gray
The cup final is far from my mind right now.

Angry doesn't quite cover it.

Pete
13-05-2016, 09:43 PM

Never mind Malaga, it's Mecca we need to go to.

If there's a god up there he can maybe help us.

ozhibs
13-05-2016, 09:45 PM

Definitely no god on our side up there

Broken Gnome
13-05-2016, 09:47 PM
I genuinely can't see how the next Saturday can possibly hold the status it should.

It just... can't. Every dream of winning it was as a top flight club. If we win it, finally, it's almost a waste.

Tragic.

scuttle
Players naturally will be down, support will be down , the Hun will be foaming at the mouth on and off pitch, its only going to end one way Im afraid

Hibernian Verse

I don't even feel angry... just completely devastated.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Aldo
The cup final is far from my mind right now. Angry doesn't quite cover it.

I know where your at Trig but relief is a word I've pondered in the last hour.

Inevitability is another.

I think what angers me most is I think we have regressed in that Stubbs has learnt from previous mistakes and he has shown he never will.

Big changes ahead. I wonder how many of our youngsters are ready to make step up??

Ronniekirk
13-05-2016, 09:48 PM

Tonight is devastating, I'm absolutely gutted but give me 3/4 days and I'll be counting down to Saturday, getting my colours ready and ready to cheer the lads on.

Same goes for the players, they have a chance to make history. There is 0% chance those lads won't be up for it. Plenty rest and time to get ready.

We have gone from the Treble Hype which was nonsense to the brink of winning nothing and we are doing it in style
There is no basis for any great optimism that we could hold put for a win We sadly lack the mentality

Yes i will be there , but i certainly wont be going with any expectation what so ever
If we then win it great If we don't i wont be disappointed as have had enough of that in last few months

Craig_in_Prague
13-05-2016, 09:49 PM
just depends on the players picking themselves up , if anything the huns looked to be on holiday the last couple of games so here's to more of that

Don't think they'll have a problem picking themselves up, most of them will find new clubs and hope to win a medal 1st, always felt the final would take care of itself regardless how the play offs were going.
Its the nature of the sport, players and managers mess up, leave and move on leaving us screwed!

Sean1875
13-05-2016, 09:49 PM

those players don't deserve a night at the bingo.

stantonhibby
13-05-2016, 09:50 PM
I genuinely can't see how the next Saturday can possibly hold the status it should.

It just... can't. Every dream of winning it was as a top flight club. If we win it, finally, it's almost a waste.

Tragic.

Utter pish

1875godsgift
13-05-2016, 09:51 PM
The huns are gonna demolish us.

Are they ****.

rcarter1
13-05-2016, 09:53 PM

Tragic.

I know how you feel. If we do win however, the Hoodoo at least is over. I wont feel like celebrating all summer however.

douglashibs
13-05-2016, 09:55 PM
In all honesty I don't think right now that I can face the thought of going to Hampden next week for another kick in the proverbials.

I'll probably feel different in the morning.

Jim44
13-05-2016, 09:55 PM

I couldn't give a toss if we win the cup or take a doing from Sevco. I said at the start of the season that we should have one aim .............. promotion. In the pole a few months ago I said that no promotion, even with wins in the cups, would make the season a failure. I took a doing from the jingoists and happy clapping die-hards for that, but I'm still adamant about promotion being the be all and end all. It baffles me how, with such a strong losing mentality, we beat so many Premiership teams on the way to two cup finals.

cleanyman
13-05-2016, 09:56 PM
It is a chance to salvage something.

We have to win or we are going to pay the price for yet another season of failure

Lee Marvin
13-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Genuine question. Will we now sell out?

lugz
I couldn't give a toss if we win the cup or take a doing from Sevco. I said at the start of the season that we should have one aim .............. promotion. In the pole a few months ago I said that no promotion, even with wins in the cups, would make the season a failure. I took a doing from the jingoists and happy clapping die-hards for that, but I'm still adamant about promotion being the be all and end all. It baffles me how, with such a strong losing mentality, we beat so many Premiership teams on the way to two cup finals.

I don't believe any hibs fan that says they don't give a toss if we win the cup.

For me winning the cup and seeing history is bigger than promotion to the premiership as that is much more likely to happen in the near future than a cup victory.

lugz
Genuine question. Will we now sell out?

Guaranteed

Just Jimmy
I don't believe any hibs fan that says they don't give a toss if we win the cup.

For me winning the cup and seeing history is bigger than promotion to the premiership as that is much more likely to happen in the near future than a cup victory.
Spot on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DaveF
13-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Players naturally will be down, support will be down , the Hun will be foaming at the mouth on and off pitch, its only going to end one way Im afraid

That's it for me. Very few will head along with any sense of optimism after witnessing yet another game where we dominate, can't put the opposition away and then capitulate. The final carries no interest for me right now and not sure I'll be any more up for it as the week goes on.

Lee Marvin
13-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Guaranteed

I probably think we will too, but I bet a fair few will now not bother trying for a ticket.

Fogzie
13-05-2016, 10:00 PM
I know how you feel. If we do win however, the Hoodoo at least is over. I wont feel like celebrating all summer however.
Get a life. We win next Saturday, I'll be celebrating for a long time.

lugz
13-05-2016, 10:01 PM
I probably think we will too, but I bet a fair few will now not bother trying for a ticket.

Good means I'll definitely get one tomorrow morning haha

Onion
13-05-2016, 10:07 PM

Tonight proves yet again that the ONLY folk who can be relied on by Hibernian FC are the Hibs fans. The players heads will be all over the place.

Those who wanted or expected to be playing in the Premiership next season with Hibs will be more concerned with their personal contract situation. Agents will already be making phone calls. Stubbs agent will be speaking to other clubs from tomorrow morning. Stokes and Hendo will be thinking about getting back to Celtic.

The club is back in turmoil, stuck in the lower divisions, with an uncertain future.

It's not the despair that kills you, it's the hope !

Andy74
13-05-2016, 10:09 PM
If any player is thinking about saying the next game is for the fans and they will be ready for it. Please don't.

lugz
13-05-2016, 10:10 PM
If any player is thinking about saying the next game is for the fans and they will be ready for it. Please don't.

I'd rather not hear from them until the final but unfortunately that'll not happen. They should lock themselves away and get prepared for the biggest game in any of their careers.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2016, 10:10 PM

Pretty much where I am too.

I'll be happy if we win the cup but I would much rather be a Premiership team next season than win the cup.

rcarter1
13-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Get a life. We win next Saturday, I'll be celebrating for a long time.

Its nothing to do with life. If we win, I will find myself delighted for a period of time. Just right now, the Cup Final seems somewhat irrelevant. If three games into next league season we've lost to Dumbarton, drawn with some other no marks, and let a 2 goal lead against Dundee Utd - just for example, once again our winning of the Cup will not be at the forefront of my thoughts.

southern hibby
13-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Always said when we win it no one will expect us to do it.

Now most of our fans don't fancy our chances either, maybe this is our year

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
13-05-2016, 10:26 PM

Good should make it easier for those that do want to go to get tickets

Broken Gnome
13-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Utter pish

Is it hell. Don't need to spell out the number of years it's been - it was an absolute given that Hibs winning the cup was a joy to the support and a boost to the club like no other.

If we beat the Huns then this might all be forgotten , fair enough, but at the moment Hibs would be doing it at their lowest ebb. The difference between doing it as a top flight club as opposed to being stuck down here is massive. Huge missed opportunity if they win.

fat freddy
13-05-2016, 10:38 PM
The players owe us one, granted they have worked their socks off for 50 odd games but they must know we are hurting badly and they should use this as a tool to gain some redemption in our eyes. Win the cup and all is forgiven, it's quite simple. These players, despite flooring all of us tonight, are 90 minutes away from immortality.

Pete
13-05-2016, 11:11 PM
Is it hell. Don't need to spell out the number of years it's been - it was an absolute given that Hibs winning the cup was a joy to the support and a boost to the club like no other.

If we beat the Huns then this might all be forgotten , fair enough, but at the moment Hibs would be doing it at their lowest ebb. The difference between doing it as a top flight club as opposed to being stuck down here is massive. Huge missed opportunity if they win.

Im sorry but I really don't understand your thinking.

Doing it as a second division club would give it even MORE credibility in my eyes.

"Opportunity missed if we WIN"??:confused:

stantonhibby
13-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Im sorry but I really don't understand your thinking.

Doing it as a second division club would give it even MORE credibility in my eyes.

"Opportunity missed if we WIN"??:confused:

He's talking complete nonsense.... there's a lot of it about.

Sammy7nil
13-05-2016, 11:15 PM
Its nothing to do with life. If we win, I will find myself delighted for a period of time. Just right now, the Cup Final seems somewhat irrelevant. If three games into next league season we've lost to Dumbarton, drawn with some other no marks, and let a 2 goal lead against Dundee Utd - just for example, once again our winning of the Cup will not be at the forefront of my thoughts.

And if we had been promoted lost to ICT been humpedby Celtic, Hearts, Sheep and drawn with Hamilton?

mcfly
13-05-2016, 11:16 PM

It's a day out im expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

But it's hibs so we"ll find a way of kicking the fans in the teeth again.

It's the way we do it

Pete
13-05-2016, 11:17 PM
He's talking complete nonsense.... there's a lot of it about.

It's all a bit raw now for some I suppose. Looking around this seems to be at the reasonable end as far as nonsense is concerned. :greengrin

Cameron1875
13-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Few bevvys on the train, meal with the family and hopefully a scorcher of a day.

Shame about the 90 minutes in the afternoon :wink:.

I still think we'll do it because one season can't be this cruel. It's the hope that kills you!

Alex Trager
13-05-2016, 11:44 PM

I'd prefer malonga

Tommy75
14-05-2016, 05:31 AM
After reading some of the posts on here from some "Hibs fans", it would appear that any Scottish cup final victory is going to be followed by the most dour and somber party in the history of the competition.

SJM
14-05-2016, 05:35 AM
****ing wish Big Dom was still here.

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 05:38 AM
Hibs summed up in one game last night under stubbs era. Second half, chances galore, end up bottling it. Next week, no chances.

oneone73
14-05-2016, 05:43 AM
Hibs summed up in one game last night under stubbs era. Second half, chances galore, end up bottling it. Next week, no chances.

We never bottled it.

marinello59
14-05-2016, 05:44 AM

We didn't bottle it. We just weren't good enough.

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 05:50 AM
Id say playing a team off the park majority of second half and not defending two crosses in the box is a good enough attempt at bottling it. But whatever we done its a disaster lf a team. Bring on stranraer, cant wait.

green day
14-05-2016, 05:54 AM
We didn't bottle it. We just weren't good enough.

Yep. Whatever we like to think about Falkirk's quality versus ours, our team misses a spine.

Whoever's managing next year needs a keeper, strong ball winning centre halves, some solid midfield ball winners, wingers, and at least one big laddie up front.

We have some nice players, but FFS how many times have we lost to a daft, basic long throw? It really confirms your point - we are not good enough right now.

green day
14-05-2016, 05:55 AM
Id say playing a team off the park majority of second half and not defending two crosses in the box is a good enough attempt at bottling it. But whatever we done its a disaster lf a team. Bring on stranraer, cant wait.

It's not bottle, it's basic defending.

SJM
14-05-2016, 05:58 AM
Yep. Whatever we like to think about Falkirk's quality versus ours, our team misses a spine.

Whoever's managing next year needs a keeper, strong ball winning centre halves, some solid midfield ball winners, wingers, and at least one big laddie up front.

We have some nice players, but FFS how many times have we lost to a daft, basic long throw? It really confirms your point - we are not good enough right now.

Yet Paul Hanlon would get a game for Aberdeen and Lewis Stevenson is being picked on for the sake of it. Our whole backline, including both keepers, bar Mcgregor should be punted for next season, keep Gunnarsson.

Denverhibby
14-05-2016, 06:00 AM

That is and always will be the joys of following hibs

green day
14-05-2016, 06:04 AM
Yet Paul Hanlon would get a game for Aberdeen and Lewis Stevenson is being picked on for the sake of it. Our whole backline, including both keepers, bar Mcgregor should be punted for next season, keep Gunnarsson.

I cant disagree, sadly.

What I cant get my head round is that, we know we have a decent budget (and still will have a decent one next year, regardless), but we seem to have players in key positions that are weaker than other, smaller, teams.

We have played well in (large) spells this season, but we have seen how missing one or two players has hit us hard.

Jeez, we were calling for Hanlon to come back (me too), but he has been at fault as well the last few weeks.

Stubbs must play 3 5 2 next week, if we dont nullify their fullbacks, we could be in soapy bubble.

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 06:05 AM
David gray, wtf. Put it for a corner man.

Billy McKirdy
14-05-2016, 06:48 AM
I was thinking about this, consider this. What would have been the mood had we won last night to set up a showdown with Killie? obviously it would be a total contrast to today and how we're all feeling, then on to the final knowing we still have a chance of promotion, we then go on to win the cup. we would be ecstatic wouldn't we? we then go on to the play off second leg and fail to gain promotion.
But, the euphoria of finally winning that cup offsets the disappointment of failing to get promoted and we take it on the chin.

I think we can and have to take the cup and the league in isolation, despite the pain of losing out on promotion this year we are more than capable of beating the huns.

SlickShoes
14-05-2016, 06:53 AM
I was thinking about this, consider this. What would have been the mood had we won last night to set up a showdown with Killie? obviously it would be a total contrast to today and how we're all feeling, then on to the final knowing we still have a chance of promotion, we then go on to win the cup. we would be ecstatic wouldn't we? we then go on to the play off second leg and fail to gain promotion.
But, the euphoria of finally winning that cup offsets the disappointment of failing to get promoted and we take it on the chin.

I think we can and have to take the cup and the league in isolation, despite the pain of losing out on promotion this year we are more than capable of beating the huns.

I agree but sadly having watched the decline of hibs we are also very capable of beating ourselves.

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 06:54 AM
I'm going along to enjoy the day next week. A few beers pre game, hopefully in the sun, and the game will take care of itself.

I expect absolutely nothing from Hibs on the park, my gut instinct is we will lose and I'm not pretending otherwise. I'll be there supporting though and I care about the game, if we somehow pull it off I'll be absolutely delighted.

SlickShoes
14-05-2016, 07:05 AM
I'm going along to enjoy the day next week. A few beers pre game, hopefully in the sun, and the game will take care of itself.

I expect absolutely nothing from Hibs on the park, my gut instinct is we will lose and I'm not pretending otherwise. I'll be there supporting though and I care about the game, if we somehow pull it off I'll be absolutely delighted.

Pretty much the same for me, it will be a nice pre game with my family, then see what happens. Fully expect to get nothing back from our team but we will all be there supporting them as usual, it's a one way relationship that most fans should be used to by now. Anyone going in expecting glory is a fool.

lucky
14-05-2016, 07:06 AM

Tragic.
Not sure I follow that logic. When this season started I wanted to win every game, but in sport you win and lose games. We have a chance next week, again, to finally win the SC for the first time in 114 years. So being a championship club actually makes it a greater achievement because all the top flight Hibs teams have failed in the last 114 years.

Billy McKirdy
14-05-2016, 07:09 AM
I agree but sadly having watched the decline of hibs we are also very capable of beating ourselves.

Of course, but we don't get to too many finals (last few years the exception) and we might not get another chance for decades, this Rangers team is beatable as we've proved twice already this season.

4 games in 6 days proved too much unfortunately but we can win it