PDA

View Full Version : Should Stubbs stay on as manager?

Pages : [1] 2

Diclonius
13-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Regardless of our result in the cup, it's time for him to go. Some great memories from the last two seasons but the fact remains that we simply cannot break down teams who sit back and defend, or approach us with a physical game. Patient build up play does NOT work in this division and the same teams that Hearts/Rangers were regularly beating by 3 or more, we struggle to get a one goal win.

We are in serious danger of becoming the Dundee of this decade - remember how long it took them to recover - and we cannot bank on Stubbs one second longer. Enough is enough.

TheMentalHibees
13-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Cup final should be his last game. He's given it his best and after two seasons we're still in this division. Time for someone else to have a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
13-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Can we wait till next weekend..

If he goes..so will some of the players who enjoy working with him.

chrisski33
13-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Bolton are welcome to stubbs

Benny Brazil
13-05-2016, 09:31 PM
No plan B and doesnt make changes to influence a game often enough. Time to go.
His only remit was to get us back to the SPL - he's failed twice.

madhatter
13-05-2016, 09:32 PM

Good, they have failed as much as he has. If he helps us win the cup, he will leave with best wishes but if he doesn't he leaves. Either way, he leaves.

Liberal Hibby
13-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Goes after the cup final whether we win or not.

He doesn't have what it takes to get out of this league.

hibee_girl
I'm not totally against him staying but I think there's so much bad feeling towards him now that it's probably for the best if he does go.

Scottie
He has failed twice now. His only remit was to get us out of this league and he has failed.

ShinyFantastic
13-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Must win the cup

Stewboy
13-05-2016, 09:35 PM
No, times up

IberianHibernian
13-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Wait till cup final is over before thinking about next year`s manager . i doubt Stubbs really wants to stay anyway and it would have been the same even if we`d got through playoffs . Next year will be different with no Hearts or Rangers and we have to start thinking we`ll win it since playoffs are a lottery .

high bee
13-05-2016, 09:39 PM
I hold him in high regard, he's been honest, he's hard working and given us some great times but we need to win games regardless of how we play. He's had a fair crack and we've been so close to having a great season (medals and promotion wise) but league wise we've regressed and we cannot sustain the current level of spending in this league.

Let's get someone in who will get us playing the right way to get out the league. Forget the cup and let's not use them as a sticking plaster to cover up the league disappointment.

douglashibs
13-05-2016, 09:40 PM
He's shown over the past two seasons that he isn't the man to take us out of this division. A shame, because I think he'd have done well in the Premiership. But we won't be there, so neither should he.

SteveHFC
13-05-2016, 09:43 PM
He can gtf. Can't believe some people are still defending him. The board have backed him over 2 years with quality players coming in and we still can't go up

AL-Qaholik
13-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Where's the option for "he should be fired before the cup final"?

Doesn't deserve to lead us out ever again. An absolute failure.

H18 SFR
13-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Two years is long enough in any trade, football or otherwise. Time is up. Gutted. So gutted.

SJM
13-05-2016, 09:47 PM
If he wins us the cup, the only thing in my life I have ever wanted to see then of course.

I have the feeling it will be a routine 3-0 Huns though same old pish and if we lose then the guys a failure and should leave.

Third behind Falkirk and their ***** after two seasons and te backing he has had. Criminal. Imagine Williamson had done that.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2016, 09:47 PM
If we win next week then he'll become unsackable in the short to medium term.

If we lose the cup final, I think he should go.

SJM
13-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Where's the option for "he should be fired before the cup final"?

Doesn't deserve to lead us out ever again. An absolute failure.

Barry shout mate. Let's get tam McCourt leading the team out next week 😄😄😄

Aldo
13-05-2016, 09:48 PM
NO it's as simple as that.

Posted on another thread that I think we've actually regressed and Stubbs failings has cost us IMHO!

JJP
13-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Did no one listen to his post match interview? He's leaving regardless. Not even worth discussing.

Aldo
13-05-2016, 09:49 PM
If we win next week then he'll become unsackable in the short to medium term. If we lose the cup final, I think he should go.

Id by think he will as LD came out and said promotion was this seasons main aim.

I think he should go regardless!!

hibee_girl
13-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Did no one listen to his post match interview? He's leaving regardless. Not even worth discussing.

What did he say?

SJM
13-05-2016, 09:50 PM
If we win next week then he'll become unsackable in the short to medium term.

If we lose the cup final, I think he should go.

We win next week I think he will quit regardless of win or lose. We will be looking for a new manager in the next wee while and if mcbookie can open a book I'll be sticking a lot of money on one man in particular.

Mantis Toboggan
13-05-2016, 09:51 PM
He's shown over the past two seasons that he isn't the man to take us out of this division. A shame, because I think he'd have done well in the Premiership. But we won't be there, so neither should he.

Agreed. Hes got a lot of good qualities but weve just lost too many games in this division over the last 2 years. Time for a new approach

JC94
Wait till cup final is over before thinking about next year`s manager . i doubt Stubbs really wants to stay anyway and it would have been the same even if we`d got through playoffs . Next year will be different with no Hearts or Rangers and we have to start thinking we`ll win it since playoffs are a lottery .

It will be different when Stokes, Henderson, McGinn, Cummings, Logan wont be at the club

DH1875
He should be gone but would suggest we wait until next week before having a poll about it.

JJP
What did he say?

BT interview girl had the distaste to ask him about approaches from England and if he would be at Hibs next season and he said it wasn't the time to discuss it. Football talk for I'm out basically.

high bee
We win next week I think he will quit regardless of win or lose. We will be looking for a new manager in the next wee while and if mcbookie can open a book I'll be sticking a lot of money on one man in particular.

One man being?

Mantis Toboggan
13-05-2016, 09:52 PM

Whos that then?

ggth
13-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Regardless of our result in the cup, it's time for him to go. Some great memories from the last two seasons but the fact remains that we simply cannot break down teams who sit back and defend, or approach us with a physical game. Patient build up play does NOT work in this division and the same teams that Hearts/Rangers were regularly beating by 3 or more, we struggle to get a one goal win.

We are in serious danger of becoming the Dundee of this decade - remember how long it took them to recover - and we cannot bank on Stubbs one second longer. Enough is enough.

first time in our History that we will be out with the Championship for 3rd year running, he does not deserve it after going backwards

neil7908
13-05-2016, 09:53 PM

You have to explain the last sentence now!

AL-Qaholik
13-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Who the **** is voting he should stay regardless? Undercover Yams or actual Hibs fans for whom THIS is the extent of their f***ing ambition?!?!?

SpaceBob
13-05-2016, 09:54 PM
I actually think he will leave he'll be thinking Hibs will tarnish his career, sort of like how Collins jumped ship.

Andy74
13-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Absolutely not

edwards
13-05-2016, 09:55 PM
After watching some of the crap Petrie put in charge Stubbs has been a breath of fresh air we still have another final to look forward to and lets face I can't remember the last time I seen Hibs in both finals probably under Turnbull. Stubbs is learning his trade and think he will eventually make a good manager.
Think he will be away after the final and if so wish him all the best few english teams interested. How many permier league teams did we tuck away in the cups this season, another win over the Hertz and had a great chance to get promotion.
What bothers me is who is gonna be our manager next season if he goes, Subbs moved quickly in the transfer market again something we were not used to and we used to end up with the dregs before, It will be interesting to see who we get.

Greenwich_Hibby
13-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Stubbs has flattered to deceive - inept and sterile football - time to go...season 3 in the second tier is an absolute embarrassment.... time he went home I'm afraid, pretty sure he's thinking likewise....

Johibs
13-05-2016, 09:56 PM
I think the bigger picture would suggest that competing in all fronts at the business end of the season has really kicked the A*** out of us.
We have played more games than any team in Scotland this season. The squad isn't big enough to cope with that, we lose goals in the last few minutes down to our players being absolutely knackered.
Stubbs hasn't got us up for 2 seasons in a row, a hearts team who had prepared for relegation and hit the ground running last year won it. A Rangers team that has finally sorted itself out behind the scenes and with superior spending power has then won it this year.
If you put any team in Scotland bar Celtic and Aberdeen in the championship in these circumstances they would be the exact same.
We blew it tonight - yes, but if we had got to Kilmarnock would the players have still had enough in the tank to get us across the line given we would have played 7 games in a very short space of time - personally I don't think so.

I might upset some by saying this but I think stubbs should be tasked with winning the league next season. If he doesn't then times up.

high bee
13-05-2016, 09:57 PM
I actually think he will leave he'll be thinking Hibs will tarnish his career, sort of like how Collins jumped ship.

Agreed, let's face it if Falkirk stay down and DUTD have McKinnon, then there's QOS, St Mirren, Raith and Dundermline. All teas with potential and what happens if we're sat here next year saying realistically we were never gonna finish above one of them for whatever reason.

hibbeedavid
13-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Doesn't learn from mistakes, How hard is it to organise a team to defend a long throw?! For last 10 Stevenson should've been off for Gunnerson who has more presence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
13-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Promised not go on here tonight but what the hell. I don't give a monkey's if we beat the huns 6-0, I do not trust him to get us out of this rank rotten league so yes, he must go regardless.

GreenLake
13-05-2016, 09:58 PM
He Stubbsed it. Defeat from the jaws of victory. Not using subs available to him. Unbelievable inertia. A slow train crash watch.

Next please.

Joe6-2
13-05-2016, 09:59 PM
He should walk now! Damn disgrace! This whole seasons been a disaster, and I don't care about two cup finals! Gubbed in one, And not holding my breath for the next one!
I absolutely hate slagging my team? But, enoughs, enough!

500miles
13-05-2016, 10:00 PM
We've been victims of our own success with cup runs leaving our teams legs shot and unable to train properly. If we were in the top tier, we'd probably be sitting top six and everyone would be talking about how historic it is to reach both cup finals. Instead we find ourselves out of the playoffs after two legs against 12 men, and too exhausted to take it to full time.

We'd be stick ons for promotion next season, especially if we prioritise the league by resting players in the cup.

SJM
13-05-2016, 10:02 PM
One man being?

McCall. Certainty.

crash
13-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Doesn't learn from mistakes, How hard is it to organise a team to defend a long throw?! For last 10 WEEKS Stevenson should've been off for Gunnerson who has more presence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkfixed that for you.

highland hibbee
13-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Barry shout mate. Let's get tam McCourt leading the team out next week 

Interestingly the common denominator throughout the hell we hibs fans have dealt with over the last 20 years is Tam McCourt. Mibbes it's about time he was shown the door.

SJM
13-05-2016, 10:04 PM
You have to explain the last sentence now!

A manager Our chief exec took to a club and done a job. A manager that left when she did. McCall will be our next manager, I'll stick a lot of money on it. I would rather have mccleish back mind.

SJM
13-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Interestingly the common denominator throughout the hell we hibs fans have dealt with over the last 20 years is Tam McCourt. Mibbes it's about time he was shown the door.

Nah. We're ****ed but him and his wife do a lot for our club.

Ilovehibs
13-05-2016, 10:05 PM
McCall. Certainty.

Please no. That little Hun is very anti hibs.

Pretty Boy
13-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Absolutely not.

Green Cabbage 7
He should stay, might not have went up, but the football has been the best for years.

bingo70
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/05/13/falkirk-x-x-hibs-post-match-reaction/?platform=hootsuite

IMO Stubbs all but confirms he's away in this interview.

rcarter1
We've been victims of our own success with cup runs leaving our teams legs shot and unable to train properly. If we were in the top tier, we'd probably be sitting top six and everyone would be talking about how historic it is to reach both cup finals. Instead we find ourselves out of the playoffs after two legs against 12 men, and too exhausted to take it to full time.

We'd be stick ons for promotion next season, especially if we prioritise the league by resting players in the cup.

Really? Dundee united outplayed us for much of our last game vs them. Falkirk have our number and may yet be back in this division. I wouldn't expect miracles from Killie if they come down, but frankly, if we play similar to this season I would imagine there will be two or three teams in the mix for the title - i.e. play offs for us becomes a decent likely hood. Right now Id give us 50/50 at best to get promoted next season. Wow, we could be here for years. If I ever meet Butcher in a dark alley…. :turnevil:

highland hibbee
13-05-2016, 10:08 PM

Do not want him anywhere near the club. Ever.

Beefster

Keep your money. I've already got a job.

SJM
Absolutely not.

Let's have a pro Celtic guy who has us lumbering about this league forever.

Billy Davies, Stuart McCall or rob Ray McKinnon from utd, as usual we fk that one up too

madhatter
I think regardless of what happened here, if Stubbs had secured us promotion and/or won us the cup, he was going to leave this summer.

Too many rumours kicking about and his family aren't even up here. The way he has managed Hibs in the last 6 months is suggestive of him limping towards the end of his time here. He has failed to employ different tactics or make the necessary changes when required and whilst he clearly cares, I don't think it is right for us or him for he to be at Hibs next season.

SJM
13-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Keep your money. I've already got a job.

Who would you go for beefster?

JC94
13-05-2016, 10:10 PM

McCall certainly wont be our next manager for that very reason. Can remember seeing in a match day programme when he played for Sheffield United and he was asked 3 clubs you could never play for/manage and he said Hibs, Celtic and Sheffield Wednesday

Beefster
13-05-2016, 10:11 PM

Dunno tbh. As long as they're a pragmatist, can change things on the pitch before bad **** happens and have a bit of footballing intelligence, I'll be happy.

heid the baw
13-05-2016, 10:14 PM
first time in our History that we will be out with the Championship for 3rd year running, he does not deserve it after going backwards

Previously we did not have Hearts and Rangers in the lower leagues or a lottery type playoff situation. Had we won tonight we could well have lost to Killie (minus Stokes). Rangers proved that last year, Falkirk might well get turned over.

It is tough to take, but I think it is a ****ty set up which favours the SPL club (4 games with bookings and suspensions before you meet them, ect)and it has been a particularly tough league to get out of because of teams who have bigger crowds and have had their debt wiped.

Stubbs has not had the easiest of jobs. He inherited gash taken that gash o 2 cup finals an a semi and 2 sets of play-offs. Who would you replace him with?

Borderhibbie76
13-05-2016, 10:18 PM
He needs to go...failed to get us up twice now and we can't gamble on a 3rd year with him down here. His style of football is nice on the eye but not effective in this division at all and he is far too stubborn to change. Regardless of the result next week - he needs to go. The Jan windows was a disaster for him also...letting malonga leave and neither stokes or Dagnall have set the Heather alight.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GreenLake
13-05-2016, 10:18 PM

He would have managed us to a win there as anybody could have. Stubbs jumped off his horse while 10 lengths in front.

Allez Hibs
13-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Tes

AL-Qaholik
13-05-2016, 10:21 PM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/05/13/falkirk-x-x-hibs-post-match-reaction/?platform=hootsuite

IMO Stubbs all but confirms he's away in this interview.

Once again he's "disappointed for the players" - no mention of the f***ing fans who've had nearly a decade of this pish!

Allez Hibs
13-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Yes

steakbake
13-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Once again he's "disappointed for the players" - no mention of the f***ing fans who've had nearly a decade of this pish!

A decade - who is the constant?

500miles
13-05-2016, 10:32 PM

Those players have sweat blood for us this season, they've deserved much more for their efforts, especially against those Hammer Throwing no marks who have smeared McGinn, had him sent off for wrongly, allowed to juggle the ball in the box, and not even get booked for a direct goalscoring opportunity foul which the ref must've seen because he gave the penalty.

steakbake
13-05-2016, 10:54 PM
You cannot fault the players for their effort. Compared to the teams we've seen recently, no one can accuse any of these guys of being passengers.

We've been fighting on at least one too many front this year for the resources we have. I'd gladly have missed the cup runs for a solid run in on the league.

macd123
13-05-2016, 10:59 PM
I would keep him - if he has the stomach for the fight. We need 2 new full backs, a target man and some pace up front.

A total clear out isn't needed and wouldn't help us. The last thing we want is a new manager coming in and needing time to rebuild.

Get our signings done in the next 2 weeks and hit the ground running. (And no more ****ing trips to Spain).

easty
13-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Cannae vote on my phone, but he's got to go.

My_Wife_Camille
14-05-2016, 02:55 AM
Not a ****ing chance.

Keyser Sauzee
14-05-2016, 03:21 AM
Those players have sweat blood for us this season, they've deserved much more for their efforts, especially against those Hammer Throwing no marks who have smeared McGinn, had him sent off for wrongly, allowed to juggle the ball in the box, and not even get booked for a direct goalscoring opportunity foul which the ref must've seen because he gave the penalty.

TBH u get what u deserve in football, we've not been good enough for long enough, where Sevco & Falkirk have been. So they haven't deserved more.

Man Down Under
14-05-2016, 03:40 AM
I won't mind if he stays. He got us second to hearts last season and 2 cup finals this season. I know the term unlucky gets thrown around a lot but to lose a cup final and playoffs to a last minute goal really is unlucky.
I know we could do better but I fear we could do worse with a new manager and hit a downward spiral.
We had some shocking results at the tail end of the season but I think getting a new manager is a risk since stubbs knows the team and the league well.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

Steve20
14-05-2016, 04:11 AM
I won't mind if he stays. He got us second to hearts last season and 2 cup finals this season. I know the term unlucky gets thrown around a lot but to lose a cup final and playoffs to a last minute goal really is unlucky.
I know we could do better but I fear we could do worse with a new manager and hit a downward spiral.
We had some shocking results at the tail end of the season but I think getting a new manager is a risk since stubbs knows the team and the league well.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

He knows the league but can't get out of it. He's had two failed attempts. Let someone else have a go because Stubbs can't do it. When it matters, he's a failure - Playoffs last year, Playoffs this year, league cup final. He's lucky he's getting to lead us out next week at Hampden.

Lex7zero
14-05-2016, 04:18 AM
Agreed. Hes got a lot of good qualities but weve just lost too many games in this division over the last 2 years. Time for a new approach

Stubbs has no qualities as a manager at all. He continued to play Oxley for a few weeks after anyone that knows anything about football could see he had lost it big time.Even worse than that was his failure to see Fraser Fyvie had crumbled and lost it. The last 3 games Fyvie played were a total embarrassment and an even bigger embarrassment were all the plums on here that continued to say Oxley was ok and hibs were a better team with Fyvie.

i have refrained from commenting on here after watching all the really poor comments levelled at those that are early posters so feel free to have a pop at someone that has followed hibs for over 50 years and knows more about football than the vast majority on here.

Stubbssy hope Blackburn take you sooner than later.

Septimus
14-05-2016, 04:27 AM
Two years is long enough in any trade, football or otherwise. Time is up. Gutted. So gutted.

Tell that to Alex Ferguson

Lex7zero
14-05-2016, 04:54 AM
He can gtf. Can't believe some people are still defending him. The board have backed him over 2 years with quality players coming in and we still can't go up

Get him out the door now. Oxley and Fyvie show exactly why he doesn't know his ass from his elbow. 2 of the worst players ever to wear the green. Shut the door on your way out Stubbsy.

Brizo
14-05-2016, 05:03 AM
Stubbs has to take responsibility for the fact that player for player his team should have been on the huns coat tails right up to the end of the season and at the very least secured second place by a clear margin. We should have been scoring loads more goals than we did and a lot of the reason we didn't is down to Stubbs insistence on over elaborate build up play which was good to watch but too often had little end product. We should have let in a lot less goals in the latter stages of the season, and that's partly due to the fact that while Stubbs recruited quality outfield players he had failed to bring in proper competition for Oxley.

Stubbs "philosophy" has been his greatest strength but also his greatest weakness. Unlike others I'm not convinced we would be a shoe in to get up next season under Stubbs. If Falkirk stay down, I hate to say it, but Houston has his number. Combined with that we could see a number of our better players leaving and career wise who could blame them. I don't see Stubbs changing his ways so next season we could see the same failed "philosophy" but with inferior players.

The club backed Stubbs heavily to get promotion this season. I doubt they would be as confident (or have the ability)to do so next season. While the demand for Cup Final tickets will have ensured ST renewals and some new ones, financially would the club want to risk Stubbs for a third season, even if we win the Cup ?

The ideal scenario, for me, would be to see Stubbs lift the Cup and then leave. While he has proved that he can tactically match SPFL opposition, we need a more pragmatic, flexible manager to get us out the Championship.

Heisenberg
14-05-2016, 05:14 AM
So I've slept on it. Still reckon he needs to get himself to ****. Utter failure of a manager when it's really mattered.

madhatter
14-05-2016, 05:21 AM
How many Hearts fans come on our forum? It is alarming how obsessed they are. This vote surely isn't coming from all Hibs fans...

id like someone who voted for him to stay no matter what to justify it. Why?

bingo70
14-05-2016, 05:23 AM
The atmosphere if he stays will be toxic every time we lose a game or even if we're not winning games comfortably, that's no way for a club to move forward, if he doesn't leave now, or after the cup final, then he'll be away less than 10 games in so its best for all parties for him to leave straight away.

Quite simply we don't score enough goals, when we go a goal up he wants us to protect that rather than get another, then another, then another.......ultimately that's been our downfall the last 2 seasons IMO.

Mantis Toboggan
14-05-2016, 05:29 AM
Get him out the door now. Oxley and Fyvie show exactly why he doesn't know his ass from his elbow. 2 of the worst players ever to wear the green. Shut the door on your way out Stubbsy.

Agree on Oxley, should have looked elsewhere. Fyvie looks limited but I dont see him as the fall guy here. There has been some soft defending since the turn of the year and it has cost us big time.

jakeshibs
14-05-2016, 05:31 AM
I am as disappointed as any other Hibby, and agree with lots of the comments posted regarding failure to get us promoted.

If we sack Stubbs, which ideal good manager do we get in to replace him? Every manager comes as a risk, and none will come with a guarantee of promotion next season. We as a club have tried and failed again however we also failed when we kept sacking managers.

This is a difficult time and fear if we sack him, players will depart, and our club will take a huge backwards step, and fear we may be in this league even longer.

All I know is I am hurting, my dad is hurting and has cancelled his season ticket after supporting Hibs for over 70 years, his last words last night was I cant do this anymore.

Where do we go from here, I am lost

SJM
14-05-2016, 05:32 AM
What a *** headache I have this morning and strangely there's no way I'll get back to sleep. I can't imagine what it will be like for Stubbs and the players having to pick themselves up for next week, Cummings being a dick in training all week knowing he's not starting the final and he will be off in the summer, couple other players knowing it's their last game for the club and hoping to **** John McGinn hasn't got the same agent as scott Allan.
Stubbs pulls it off next Saturday he will be the greatest manager of my lifetime regardless of last night especially despite what happened last night. I'm set up to be hammered tho, at least Stubbs can walk away, I can't, and I've a ten month old little girl who has it all to look forward to regardless of her mum saying she's going to ballet 😄

makaveli1875
14-05-2016, 05:49 AM
getting to the cup final is no excuse for failing to get promotion

our opponents in the cup final managed to win the league at a canter , stubbs has failed miserably

time to go

SJM
14-05-2016, 05:52 AM
getting to the cup final is no excuse for failing to get promotion

our opponents in the cup final managed to win the league at a canter , stubbs has failed miserably

time to go

This time next Sunday if we beat the Huns and win the Scottish you won't e saying that.

Stubbs is still 90 mins away from being a legend. Nobody will remember this season if we win next week and we have pumped rangers twice already.

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 05:53 AM
Please go stubbs.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 06:02 AM
This time next Sunday if we beat the Huns and win the Scottish you won't e saying that.

Stubbs is still 90 mins away from being a legend. Nobody will remember this season if we win next week and we have pumped rangers twice already.

Nonsense. Whatever happens next week, Stubbs is a failure. You can't get promoted scoring 1.44 goals per game. He needs to be sacked next Monday.

Yorkshire HFC
14-05-2016, 06:05 AM
I'm no fan of Stubbs, but the problem is that if he goes, who replaces him? We are now a championship club - we've got a big stadium and a training facility - so what? Anyone any good will get that at whatever club they go to.

i fear that we will get what we are - a championship manager who will have us 3rd / 4th in the league and we may fluke a play off promotion sometime.

Somehow, we have become like Dundee. And all I see on here over the last few months is that half our team should be playing for Scotland, Stubbs will be next Celtic manager etc. - people need to get real.

And the ticket prices? I won't pay them for more than 1 or 2 matches a season in the second division. Al the enthusiasm I had at the LC Final has gone - I'll always be a Hibs fan, but at times like this I'm glad I don't live in Edinburgh.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2016, 06:06 AM
I like Stubbs and I want him to stay. (Not at the wind up and not a jambo) I actually feel sorry for him. The blame can't all lie with him IMO, the players are the ones on the pitch who are meant to do the job required.

SJM
14-05-2016, 06:09 AM
Nonsense. Whatever happens next week, Stubbs is a failure. You can't get promoted scoring 1.44 goals per game. He needs to be sacked next Monday.

**** off. We win next week the guys a legend.

Who's going to remember the 2016 playoff winning side? Nobody
Who would remember the 2016 Scottish cup winning side? I'll remember it on my death bed.

We win next week, he will will go regardless but he will leave an absolute legend and you can never take that away from him regardless of league form and place.

Ozyhibby
I like Stubbs and I want him to stay. (Not at the wind up and not a jambo) I actually feel sorry for him. The blame can't all lie with him IMO, the players are the ones on the pitch who are meant to do the job required.

You can only say that if it's a one game thing but it's not. This has been happening since he arrived. He can't set up a team to score goals. He's a failure.

bingo70

This argument infuriates me.

If it's all down to the players and being ***** isn't anything to do with the manager why do we bother with one?

Of course it's his job to motivate them and ensure they play to their maximum capabilities.

carnoustiehibee
14-05-2016, 06:11 AM

His team selections and formations against certain teams have been bizarre, hasn't sorted out the defence, no width no pace no fight no battling qualities no nastiness no leadership

SJM
14-05-2016, 06:12 AM
I'm no fan of Stubbs, but the problem is that if he goes, who replaces him? We are now a championship club - we've got a big stadium and a training facility - so what? Anyone any good will get that at whatever club they go to.

i fear that we will get what we are - a championship manager who will have us 3rd / 4th in the league and we may fluke a play off promotion sometime.

Somehow, we have become like Dundee. And all I see on here over the last few months is that half our team should be playing for Scotland, Stubbs will be next Celtic manager etc. - people need to get real.

And the ticket prices? I won't pay them for more than 1 or 2 matches a season in the second division. Al the enthusiasm I had at the LC Final has gone - I'll always be a Hibs fan, but at times like this I'm glad I don't live in Edinburgh.

We have more season ticket holders than the majority of Scottish football.

We will attract a manager.

I pay to see hibs, not to see whoever we are playing. If we are up at the top of the league next year you will be back (possibly) on the back of our positivity.

And I get called negative on this site?

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 06:12 AM
**** off. We win next week the guys a legend.

Who's going to remember the 2016 playoff winning side? Nobody
Who would remember the 2016 Scottish cup winning side? I'll remember it on my death bed.

We win next week, he will will go regardless but he will leave an absolute legend and you can never take that away from him regardless of league form and place.

So if we win next week, do we keep him for next season as a reward even though we know he's not good enough? Is that the plan?

SJM
14-05-2016, 06:13 AM

Rubbish. You're at it.

green day
14-05-2016, 06:13 AM
This job to motivate them and ensure they play to their maximum capabilities.

.....feel unclean saying this, but that is exactly what auld tomato heid Houston does with Falkirk.

Stubbs seems to have a 'philosophy' - so did Martinez at Everton.

Sometimes enough is enough - and two attempts falling at the same stage is enough for me.

Has to go, immediately post cup final, and to be honest if I was the board I would be scoping out candidates beforehand.

SJM
14-05-2016, 06:16 AM
So if we win next week, do we keep him for next season as a reward even though we know he's not good enough? Is that the plan?

We win next week the he will be a hero to everyone.

A hero, a legend should be given a chance next year, yes. We treat our legends better than sacking. You advocate of HSL should know that more than most. Sack a manager who wins a cup we have all be waiting for all our lives aye right then.

We lose, regardless of the manner he should be sacked next Monday.

cad
14-05-2016, 06:17 AM
What Stubbs took over was an absolute shambles his task to improve Hibs was a tall order, yet he chipped away at it and much to his credit we improved within a very short period of time, but the plan B was never there ,substitutions at ridiculous times with minutes to go was a huge irritation to me ,it gave us nothing when it should have injected something into the situation.

Losing 8 games and drawing 7 in this league is unacceptable plus to be 11 points behind the worst Rangers side in a 150 odd years tells its own story.
One other little point that should be taken on board at Hibs is,the incessant need for players and managers to talk to the press ,I realise that as a PR exercise its a relevant part of today's footballing culture yet I cant help thinking Fyvie , Cummings , Stevenson and a few others would benefit hugely from shutting the **** up and doing it on the park where it matters most , their quotes given with nonchalance over the past month or so does make them look rather foolish after last nights result.

Sadly we are for the third time in the league below one of the worst leagues in Europe which puts us pretty near the bottom off the pile yet our fans stick with them through thick or thin mainly thin which is much to their credit ,maybe a little bit off sunshine will come our way in the cup final and Stubbs and our players can do the business hears hoping .

GGTTH:wink:

Earl of Currie
14-05-2016, 06:28 AM
Whoever is in charge (and Stubbs is not convincing anyone thats he actually wants to stay next season) has to be able to adopt tactics where we are able to be more direct and close out games. A team that will get us out of the Championship not serve as an audition on how he wants to play the game in a higher league.
Get some players who can bully a game , Hibs have been too nice since as long as I can remember. The Hibs way (whatever that means nowadays) does not win you games nor is it bringing back the crowds.
Next season , we have to get the big commanding keeper , a strong back 4 (no light weight full backs) , the nasty centre midfielder and a horrible Joe Jordan type up front.
These will let the few talented players to play around them.
Remember we are trying to win the Championship not the Champions League and we need to make sure we can dominate games effectively.

Tollhouse Hibee
14-05-2016, 06:31 AM
I thought I would sleep on it first but my judgement of the season is. ZERO improvement since last year. No Plan B. Don't score enough goals especially considering the number of chances we create. Even the Scottish Cup would just paper over the cracks. Unfortunately Mr Stubbs your time is up.

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 06:38 AM
Hopefully we win cup and he resigns to go to another job or if we lose he is removed.

I want him out win or lose on Saturday.

Winston Ingram
14-05-2016, 06:41 AM
The man's a ****in clueless idiot.

Still utterly baffles me what some of our support see in this man. Pretty much zero qualities as a manager.

I saw some muppet claim this week he's a great 'man manager', which appears to mean that he's nice to them. He certainly can't make them perform

HH81
14-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Keep him we can continue the trend and finish 4th next season. Only losing in the play offs with 4 secs to go.

Then offer him a new 1 year deal as the following year will be our year. Honest.

Onion
14-05-2016, 06:48 AM
Feelings are naturally raw this morning, but there is no way Hibs will sack Stubbs if he wins is the Cup. And those calling for him to go, will change their minds. Most likely we'll name a stand after him.

carnoustiehibee
14-05-2016, 06:50 AM
Feelings are naturally raw this morning, but there is no way Hibs will sack Stubbs if he wins is the Cup. And those calling for him to go, will change their minds. Most likely we'll name a stand after him.

And if we don't win the cup?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-05-2016, 06:53 AM

That is just a ridiculous comment

lucky
14-05-2016, 06:53 AM
I find Stubbs charismatic, engaging , intelligent. The guy lives and breathes football. But football is a results game. If he wins the SC next week he becomes a Hibs legend and will secure his job. Lose next week and he'll be off. I've no doubt he will be a successful manager but it might not be at Hibs.

We all wanted promotion and last night hurt but winning the holy grail means everything to me. So if this squad win on 21/05/16 they become Hibernian gods.

Onion
14-05-2016, 06:55 AM
And if we don't win the cup?

Win or lose, don't expect Stubbs to be here next season. If he's offered a job with a bigger club, he'll walk away and who would blame him ? Hibs manager is a poisoned challis.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-05-2016, 06:57 AM

But then that makes you part of the problem, your fulfilling your own prophecy

SlickShoes
I find Stubbs charismatic, engaging , intelligent. The guy lives and breathes football. But football is a results game. If he wins the SC next week he becomes a Hibs legend and will secure his job. Lose next week and he'll be off. I've no doubt he will be a successful manager but it might not be at Hibs.

We all wanted promotion and last night hurt but winning the holy grail means everything to me. So if this squad win on 21/05/16 they become Hibernian gods.

I have no idea how anyone watching hibs can even entertain the idea that we win next week, we have struggled in all the really meaningful games this season. Rangers will be fresh and still on a high from beating Celtc and we are at an all time low.

carnoustiehibee
Win or lose, don't expect Stubbs to be here next season. If he's offered a job with a bigger club, he'll walk away and who would blame him ? Hibs manager is a poisoned challis.

So your saying he won't be sacked and will be offered a bigger job down south

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 06:58 AM

Better teams with better managers have not won the cup for us, this is our best chance in the 3 previous times I have seen us in final.

Everyone will go down in History if we win it but because we are going to be playing here again next season a few of the players will move on. The manager is not untouchable for winning cup simply because he had no grey area in our league.

He HAD to gain promotion and we haven't. Hope we win it of course but afted we have come down there is a league campaign ahead and Stubbs has failed so I do not wish him to stay.

These playoffs prove to me the remit is simple you have to finish top, playoffs are not good enough.

green day
14-05-2016, 06:59 AM

Disagree - Managing Hibs is one of the most attractive jobs in Scottish Football.

Its well paid, no expectations of success, almost certain to be paid off when you fail - whats not to like?

SlickShoes
14-05-2016, 07:00 AM

Sure when he does we will get the usual suspects along to blame the fans as well, "hounded out" by the boo boys, but maybe some of us just don't want to accept the utter failure that is the current state of hibs.

We CAN and should be sacking people that continuously fail, regardless of whether we sacked too many managers in the past or not, stubbs has failed in all the games that really matter since he arrived and as such we are at our lowest point in the entire history of the club.

Mr Grieves
14-05-2016, 07:00 AM
Twice he's failed to get us out of this pishy league and he's not learning from his mistakes. He has go no matter what happens next week.

Beaten over two legs by Falkirk....****ing Falkirk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billy McKirdy
14-05-2016, 07:01 AM
I voted stay.
One more season and no more if he fails to get us up.
He has brought stability and improvement even if we're still down here for another year.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-05-2016, 07:03 AM

Its not the time to be making judgements, but its prerty clear to me he is leavinf - his interview was conducted almost entirely in the past tense.

Im not convinced by him as a manager - i wonder if he isbdestined to be a good coach, but his inability to motivate and to win ugly / be ruthless makes me think he is too nice / too laid back.

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Twice he's failed to get us out of this pishy league and he's not learning from his mistakes. He has go no matter what happens next week.

Beaten over two legs by Falkirk....****ing Falkirk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More of a concern was getting beat by Falkirk over an entire league campaign.

archiebald
14-05-2016, 07:17 AM
Big fat YES

Aldo
Goes regardless for me!

To finish where we did in the league was unacceptable IMHO regardless of playoffs.

We've regressed since his first season IMHO and he hadn't learned!

Keith_M
He's leaving anyway, so it's irrelevant what we all think.

All for the best as he's not the right man for the job.

Matty_Jack04
14-05-2016, 07:26 AM

I agree, it's not Stubbs who's playing 2,3,4 passes 20yards from goal instead of putting the laces through it, in the first leg stokes should have scored and so should mcgregor from a near free header 6yards out if the players took the chances we'd have been out of sight...he needs to ditch the diamond and get some proper wide players in but I'd prefer him and his team to stay

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 07:29 AM
It isnt him playing 3,4 passes so he then tells them not to do it then and shoot. Fair enough in early games but after 50,60 games still tippy tappy fluffy edge of box stuff, nah not good enough.

bingo70
14-05-2016, 07:29 AM
He's leaving anyway, so it's irrelevant what we all think.

All for the best as he's not the right man for the job.

Agreed.

Is that opinion just a hunch though or is it based on anything else?

Matty_Jack04
14-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Goes regardless for me!

To finish where we did in the league was unacceptable IMHO regardless of playoffs.

We've regressed since his first season IMHO and he hadn't learned!

Regressed? We've played 54 games, 2 national cup finals and fallen at the same stage as last year, I understand the disappointment but a short while ago Stubbs was on his way to becoming the best thing since sliced bread a dip in form from the players and some terrible luck in the play offs surely doesn't make him surplus?

Fifehibby74
14-05-2016, 07:31 AM
I'm as gutted as everyone else. I am sure all the players and staff are devastated as well.

Thats why I've not posted until I've calmed down.

But I think we need to give Stubbs at least one more season (if he wants it!) he can't be that bad a manager is he's being linked with other clubs , especially English championship ones.

He inherited a disaster after butcher.
Had Rangers and hearts to contend with in first season
Had Rangers in the second
Hes got us to 2 cup finals
hes trying to play football the right way
Appalling rub of the green in the 2 Falkirk play of games. (No Penalties, no red cards, deflected goals, hit the bar x2)

Lets get a plan b to get out of this league when plan a isn't working. We need a target man striker to cause an aerial threat and rough up these hammer thrower teams we face every week

not positive about cup final , but not sure if that's a good thing given its hibs we are talking about

strap yourself in for another ride in the roll coaster next week!!
GGTTH

Blackfordhibby
14-05-2016, 07:37 AM
I voted for him to stay, from what I've seen In the past the constant merry go round hasn't helped. There again what do I know about fitba? am a Hibs supporter. Give him next season to see out his contract then decide. I support Hibs no Celtic, Aberdeen, Hertz, or the Huns not to mention the rest at the so called "Top Table". As much as I'd like to be in the top league I can shelve my aspirations for another time.

SJM
14-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Big fat YES

What's the ****in question?

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 07:40 AM
I'm as gutted as everyone else. I am sure all the players and staff are devastated as well.

Thats why I've not posted until I've calmed down.

But I think we need to give Stubbs at least one more season (if he wants it!) he can't be that bad a manager is he's being linked with other clubs , especially English championship ones.

He inherited a disaster after butcher.
Had Rangers and hearts to contend with in first season
Had Rangers in the second
Hes got us to 2 cup finals
hes trying to play football the right way
Appalling rub of the green in the 2 Falkirk play of games. (No Penalties, no red cards, deflected goals, hit the bar x2)

Lets get a plan b to get out of this league when plan a isn't working. We need a target man striker to cause an aerial threat and rough up these hammer thrower teams we face every week

not positive about cup final , but not sure if that's a good thing given its hibs we are talking about

strap yourself in for another ride in the roll coaster next week!!
GGTTH

He has had plenty of time. On paper we should have pushed Rangers all the way and finished comfortable in 2nd if not winning league.

What is this football the right way? All I have seen is decent football from back to midfield then it ends there. I do not believe it needed Bill Shankly to have Hibs scoring a lot more goals with this team by this point in season 2.

If playing so well we would be either playing Kilmarnock or already up.

Keith_M
14-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Agreed.

Is that opinion just a hunch though or is it based on anything else?

No inside info mate, just based on his interviews (as others have said, he uses the past tense a lot and is very evasive) and the feeling that the board will now consider him a failure.

Heisenberg
14-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Sorry but playing football the right way is winning. We should be more than capable of doing that in this league no matter what. Stubbs has failed massively again on his one main objective.

Beefster
14-05-2016, 08:06 AM
I voted him to stay, no jambo here, I'm old enough to remember the managers we could attract in the spl...butcher Fenlon calderwood paatilinen etc and Stubbs is better than them yes he needs to change his style/tactics and learn from his mistakes but he's by no means the worst manager we've ever had.

You're effectively admitting that he fails to adapt, learn from his errors and that his tactics and philosophy are all wrong but, despite all the evidence to the contrary, expect him to change everything and become successful.

I reckon if 'Stubbsy' didn't come across as a nice guy in interviews, it would be almost universal calls for his removal. He's about to lead us into an unprecedented third attempt at promotion with a squad that some recent managers could only dream of. I'd say that was the very definition of a woeful Head Coach.

PS It's amazing how many Hibs fans continue to think of him as a manager and so give him lots of credit that he's not entirely entitled to.

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 08:07 AM
You're effectively admitting that he fails to adapt, learn from his errors and that his tactics and philosophy are all wrong but, despite all the evidence to the contrary, expect him to change everything and become successful.

I reckon if 'Stubbsy' didn't come across as a nice guy in interviews, it would be almost universal calls for his removal. He's about to lead us into an unprecedented third attempt at promotion with a squad that some recent managers could only dream of. I'd say that was the very definition of a woeful Head Coach.

PS It's amazing how many Hibs fans continue to think of him as a manager and so give him lots of credit that he's not entirely entitled to.

Sadly Beefster I agree with every word.

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Cant vote on my phone but i think he should go, he had an easy time of it last year, had to build a squad from scratch and had rangers and hearts in the league, this season he has a really good squad yet couldnt seem to change it when things were going wrong, stuck with players who arent playing well and stuck with a formation that clearly wasnt working, the guys who come in and play well are then dropped the next game which isnt going to help morale. Might end up a good manager but his inexperience has shown this year

Expecting Rain
14-05-2016, 08:10 AM

It is Stubbs that has put the squad together and hopefully he will be looking at making Hibs stronger, regardless of distractions and outside influences.

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 08:12 AM
It is Stubbs that has put the squad together and hopefully he will be looking at making Hibs stronger, regardless of distractions and outside influences.

And it is Stubbs whom has failed to gain promotion with this squad. Hibs were strong enough this season the manager wasn't. Slow slow slow to change things for 2 seasons.

GreenCastle
14-05-2016, 08:24 AM
My worry is that we go into next season not prepared once again.

Whatever out managers future is needs to be decided on Monday.

He either stays and we continue to try and get out this league and we keep the players that like working with him (add improvements also) or we bring someone new in who needs to adjust the squad or tactics - pace and wide players are essential with a striker who can head the ball.

Last nights result has made this a real mess - how many players will play their final game for the club Sunday ?

Aldo
14-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Regressed? We've played 54 games, 2 national cup finals and fallen at the same stage as last year, I understand the disappointment but a short while ago Stubbs was on his way to becoming the best thing since sliced bread a dip in form from the players and some terrible luck in the play offs surely doesn't make him surplus?

Yes regressed and our final league position shows this.

We didn't even challenge Der Hun and they won it at a canter.

Tactical ineptness, not making subs until a minute to go I'll give him in his first season but his priority was promotion and he failed. As I mentioned our league position was totally unacceptable IMHO.

Regardless of what happens next weekend I don't want Stubbs at the club next season because he won't change IMHO and continue to make the same mistakes.

Cod Boy
A team like Hibs should be looking to bring through young players.Since Mr Stubbs has came in he hasn't gave any of the under 20s squad a look in and alot of them are being released. A few games this season he has only picked 6 substitutes for games if the quality of the young lads aren't good enough then Hibs have to take a long hard look at there youth development staff who are failing bring players through.

SJM
My worry is that we go into next season not prepared once again.

Whatever out managers future is needs to be decided on Monday.

He either stays and we continue to try and get out this league and we keep the players that like working with him (add improvements also) or we bring someone new in who needs to adjust the squad or tactics - pace and wide players are essential with a striker who can head the ball.

Last nights result has made this a real mess - how many players will play their final game for the club Sunday ?

It worked for Rangers last season and the season we went down.

It's alarming though I would agree I would punt a lot of our team and two of our best players are celtics. Cummings is gone and wouldn't surprise me if McGinn wants a move too.

Aldo
14-05-2016, 08:31 AM
He has had plenty of time. On paper we should have pushed Rangers all the way and finished comfortable in 2nd if not winning league. What is this football the right way? All I have seen is decent football from back to midfield then it ends there. I do not believe it needed Bill Shankly to have Hibs scoring a lot more goals with this team by this point in season 2. If playing so well we would be either playing Kilmarnock or already up.

Couldn't agree more.

It was about getting out of this league and winning games came first ahead of 'football the right way'

We couldn't even win ugly this season.

This league, as I have mentioned is all about getting the points on the board regardless of how we play.

ManBearPig
14-05-2016, 08:44 AM
I want Stubbs to stay for two reasons I think he's an excellent manager and has brought us a team to be proud of and secondly I don't see where we pull another one from everytime we get a 'proven' manager turns out to be dog 💩

And thoughts of another young manager having to rebuild again with his own ideas doesn't bare thinking about

Rasta_Hibs
14-05-2016, 08:49 AM
I voted to keep Stubbs.

I think as bad as the situation is it could get worse under a new manager. At least with Stubbs I think we have a manager with great potential to improve further still. I think he will have learned enough over the past couple of seasons to take us up at the third time of asking.

One more season with Stubbs for me.

hibee_girl
14-05-2016, 08:50 AM
I want Stubbs to stay for two reasons I think he's an excellent manager and has brought us a team to be proud of and secondly I don't see where we pull another one from everytime we get a 'proven' manager turns out to be dog 💩

And thoughts of another young manager having to rebuild again with his own ideas doesn't bare thinking about

:agree:

Callum7
14-05-2016, 08:52 AM

Agree with you there.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Go regardless. He can't change games for the better, he makes them worse.

carnoustiehibee
14-05-2016, 08:53 AM

The amount of people with this acceptance of mediocrity is frightening.

Cod Boy
14-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Go regardless. He can't change games for the better, he makes them worse.

Agree it's always a like for like sub.Proved once again last night when he failed to bring on one of the defenders on the bench on when 2.1 up and defending long balls and throw ins what does Stubbs do brings on Cummings for Keatings.

hibee_girl
14-05-2016, 08:57 AM
Agree it's always a like for like sub.Proved once again last night when he failed to bring on one of the defenders on the bench on when 2.1 up and defending long balls and throw ins what does Stubbs do brings on Cummings for Keatings.

Yet if Cummings had scored the one that hit the bar we'd all be praising him

ManBearPig
14-05-2016, 09:05 AM

The amount of people who think changing the manager will get us promoted is equally frightening

ManBearPig
14-05-2016, 09:06 AM

Spot on!⚽️

Keith_M
14-05-2016, 09:06 AM

If we're going with the theoretical... how abut he hadn't made that substitution and Keatings might have scored it?

He subbed an on form striker for an out of form striker.

Phil MaGlass
14-05-2016, 09:08 AM
He needs tae go and take Petrie with him, club needs a manager that can make changes when changes are needed, Stubbs doesnae have that. We also need a manager that can get angry when we lose, someone with a winning fighting mentality.

ManBearPig
14-05-2016, 09:11 AM
It's equally theoretical that changing manager will sort this all out. I'll call it now Stubbs will leave of his on accord as his rebuild job is thought to show promise by a few other clubs. We get another manager who uses first season to rebuild and doesn't get promoted again but hey ho it's his first season. Then fingers pointed again at him he leaves then we bring in another 'proven manager' who wants hoof ball and gets hounded out for now play the 'hibs' way.

I support both hibs and Newcastle and I feel like I am stuck in Groundhog Day

Hi Heid Yin
14-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Re: Our league campaign:
Next to The Rangers we had without question the most talented squad in this division, but Alan Stubbs could not find the right blend either in defence, midfield or attack. Our talented forwards simply could not muster enough goals throughout the campaign. Our midfielders contributed next to zero in terms of goals and thus relieve the pressure on our forwards. Our defence simply went awol after the ibrox hammering and the second half of the campaign saw us conceding goals left, right and centre to part-time teams to the point where none of us were surprised with last 10 minute capitulations. The fear element (combined with fatigue) saw us collapse too many times towards the end of games. It was heart breaking and soul-destroying.
Alan Stubbs kept believing in his players and defended them in the face of a media/press onslaught. His faith in his players was not rewarded. In the games that mattered we did not deliver. The 2-2 draw against Falkirk at Easter Road highlighted our short comings, when, with minutes to go, we switched off and did not deal with 2 desperate lobs into our penalty area. Falkirk snatched a draw - The draw which effectively secured 2nd spot for The Bairns and consigned our lot to 3rd place and extra energy-consuming games in the play offs.
I like Alan Stubbs. He genuinely wants success and tried his level best, but was exposed as a rookie manager and ultimately he did not have the nuance or insight into what it takes to put teams away. Old wise fox Houston had us worked out and knew when and at what point to strike in our clashes.
Alan will, hopefully, have learnt a lot of painful lessons from the league campaign and be a much better and more effective manager next season. I for one have voted for him to stay. Continuity is sometimes vital. Change of management and personnel at this point could set us back years.

khib70
14-05-2016, 09:24 AM
I expexted some Hibs fans to vote for him to stay. The ones that maybe understandably are sick of our manager merry-go-round. No way do about 4 out of 10 Hibs fans want him to stay for a third year though. No chance.
It's about time you grew up and got it into your head that there are people out there with different opinions to you who aren't yams. They're just Hibbies exercising their right to have a view, without arrogant blowhards like you tagging them as yams. I think Stubbs should stay - suck it up, eh?

PolmontHibby
14-05-2016, 09:24 AM
I vote stay.

I have more confidence that a manager with a 60% win rate in his first two years as a manager can still learn enough to make the difference we need to go up, versus the alternative of starting again with someone who is no doubt looking for a new role after a failure (or string of failures) elsewhere.

Gettin' Auld
14-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Stubbs should go now.

He's has two goes at trying to get us promoted and failed both times. That's just unacceptable.

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 09:30 AM
For anyone who missed it read this:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?310640-A-Friendly-Reminder-Please-Read&p=4680099#post4680099

I'm not spending my Saturday deleting posts about how many Hearts fans post on this site.

ManBearPig
14-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Re: Our league campaign:
Next to The Rangers we had without question the most talented squad in this division, but Alan Stubbs could not find the right blend right either in defence, midfield or attack. Our talented forwards simply could not muster enough goals throughout the campaign. Our midfielders contributed next to zero in terms of goals and thus relieve the pressure on our forwards. Our defence simply went awol after the ibrox hammering and the second half of the campaign saw us conceding goals left, right and centre to part-time teams to the point where none of us were surprised with last 10 minute capitulations. The fear element (combined with fatigue) saw us collapse too many times towards the end of games. It was heart breaking and soul-destroying.
Alan Stubbs kept believing in his players and defended them in the face of a media/press onslaught. His faith in his players was not rewarded. In the games that mattered we did not deliver. The 2-2 draw against Falkirk at Easter Road highlighted our short comings, when, with minutes to go, we switched off and did not deal with 2 desperate lobs into our penalty area. Falkirk snatched a draw - The draw which effectively secured 2nd spot for The Bairns and consigned our lot to 3rd place and extra energy-consuming games in the play offs.
I like Alan Stubbs. He genuinely wants success and tried his level best, but was exposed as a rookie manager and ultimately he did not have the nuance or insight into what it takes to put teams away. Old wise fox Houston had us worked out and knew when and at what point to strike in our clashes.
Alan will, hopefully, have learnt a lot of painful lessons from the league campaign and be a much better and more effective manager next season. I for one have voted for him to stay. Continuity is sometimes vital. Change of management and personnel at this point could set us back years.

Put better than me but bang on👍

Lago
14-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Frankly I think he wants to leave irrespective of what happens next week. To me Stubbs is still learning how to coach & is still using the coaching manual, nothing intuitive thats why subs etc don't happen when required. Not looking forward to Cup final at all.

Col_0762
14-05-2016, 09:33 AM
It's about time you grew up and got it into your head that there are people out there with different opinions to you who aren't yams. They're just Hibbies exercising their right to have a view, without arrogant blowhards like you tagging them as yams. I think Stubbs should stay - suck it up, eh?

Why should he stay? Seriously, why?
Two seasons in this league, failed twice, finishing a place worse off this year compared to last year. He's cemented this year that he can't address the problems and put in a fix. Why the **** should he get another year or however many you want to give him?!? His time is up. He was a gamble that should never have been taken when we needed promoted right away. And Dempster should look at herself too. This isn't ****ing Motherwell now she's at. Interview candidates with a proven track record and get us out this league. Another mistake manager wise and she can do one as well. She may think getting to cup finals is great, and it can be, but it's nowhere near as important as getting the **** out of this league.

ManBearPig
14-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Why should he stay? Seriously, why?
Two seasons in this league, failed twice, finishing a place worse off this year compared to last year. He's cemented this year that he can't address the problems and put in a fix. Why the **** should he get another year or however many you want to give him?!? His time is up. He was a gamble that should never have been taken when we needed promoted right away. And Dempster should look at herself too. This isn't ****ing Motherwell now she's at. Interview candidates with a proven track record and get us out this league. Another mistake manager wise and she can do one as well. She may think getting to cup finals is great, and it can be, but it's nowhere near as important as getting the **** out of this league.

I think that continuity is the reason a lot of us want him to stay(I don't think he will he's been getting watched by other clubs too long) the idea of another manager rebuilding especially one with a 'track record' whoever that might be could set us back rather than help us going forward

supermcginn
14-05-2016, 09:39 AM

I can't honestly believe that people want him to stay, its baffling beyond belief!

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 09:50 AM
If we're going with the theoretical... how abut he hadn't made that substitution and Keatings might have scored it?

He subbed an on form striker for an out of form striker.

If Keatings wasn't injured then it was an absolutely disgraceful subbing.

Col_0762
14-05-2016, 09:51 AM
I think that continuity is the reason a lot of us want him to stay(I don't think he will he's been getting watched by other clubs too long) the idea of another manager rebuilding especially one with a 'track record' whoever that might be could set us back rather than help us going forward

Do you seriously think those stories about Blackburn and Bolton are true? What's he achieved with us for either of them to gamble on him? Blackburn won't promoted, they won't touch Stubbs. Bolton need a quick return, again, they won't touch Stubbs.

Back to Hibs, you want continuity? Would you not rather get promoted? He's had 2 seasons in this league, finishing a place worse this year than last. You can dress it up however you want, we're going nowhere under him and his inability to address the problems last season that have hounded us again this season, has cost us. He's a rookie, he was a gamble, a gamble that should never have been taken, and it's time to thank him for his efforts, wish him the best of luck, and part company. He may be a decent coach, I don't know, but a manager? No, nothing I've seen suggests he will succeed in that role, either at us or elsewhere. We shouldn't be a club for young managers to serve their apprenticeships at and make mistakes, we need to succeed.

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 09:54 AM

This has been one of his biggest problems this year, fat to loyal to players that shouldnt be on the pitch

J-C
14-05-2016, 09:59 AM
I voted for him to go regardless of what may happen next saturday, I gave him the 1st season as a freebie as he took over a shambles and no one really expected to go up immediately but he's had this year to put together his squad and failed miserably. Same points, less goals and a worse defensive record, forget the cups as they are bonuses but to finish below Falkirk and lose to the teams we have is just inexcusable. Nothing seems to have been learnt, same mistakes, weird substitutions and slow tippy tappy football which has been sussed, he's had his time and needs to go, preferably now.

Onion
14-05-2016, 09:59 AM
The amount of people who think changing the manager will get us promoted is equally frightening

Petrie and Leanne have a big decision to make. IMO they need to over invest next season to get out of this league as further failure will just cost us in the long run. That's what Hibs did with Red Lex, Sauzee, Latas etc the last time we were down here. With no Yams or Huns, failure to win the league next season is simply unthinkable. But we need the right manager in place to guarantee good use of the resources, and I'm not sure Stubbs is the right man to do that !

eastmainsmsh
14-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Who could do better than Stubbs maybe Stuart McCall in our range

Hibby 2005
14-05-2016, 10:17 AM
I think Stubbs has a major flaw in his inability to make the right changes during a game. I said to friends last night that if it was 2-1 with 20mins to go then we should bring on either Gunnarson or Fontaine and go 5 at the back but Stubbs didn't and only he can explain why.

Matty_Jack04
14-05-2016, 11:50 AM

Cummings has scored 3 goals in 4 against Falkirk in the league this year we needed a goal

Matty_Jack04
14-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Petrie and Leanne have a big decision to make. IMO they need to over invest next season to get out of this league as further failure will just cost us in the long run. That's what Hibs did with Red Lex, Sauzee, Latas etc the last time we were down here. With no Yams or Huns, failure to win the league next season is simply unthinkable. But we need the right manager in place to guarantee good use of the resources, and I'm not sure Stubbs is the right man to do that !

Is stubbs signing record to date been that bad you wouldn't trust him with more cash? He's a new manager he's been stubborn to the system he wants to play there's nothing wrong with his eye for a player IMO

Matty_Jack04
14-05-2016, 11:54 AM
I think Stubbs has a major flaw in his inability to make the right changes during a game. I said to friends last night that if it was 2-1 with 20mins to go then we should bring on either Gunnarson or Fontaine and go 5 at the back but Stubbs didn't and only he can explain why.

Had he done that and we still conceded he'd be getting torn a new one for sitting back and not going for the killer 3rd

Tyler Durden
14-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Is stubbs signing record to date been that bad you wouldn't trust him with more cash? He's a new manager he's been stubborn to the system he wants to play there's nothing wrong with his eye for a player IMO

The first manager since Mixu to actually sign players or develop existing youngsters to the point they'll earn us transfer fees. Allan, McGinn, Cummings.

By any measure other than promotion Stubbs has been a major success. Promotion is rightly the only thing that mattered this year though.

loanheadhibby
14-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Lovely guy but has to go.

What intrigues me is who are all these talented players we have? Constantly hear about this strong group of players? Not seen much evidence this year.

Cummings, Stevenson, Hanlon, Stanton, Harris, Handling etc been at club for years and far too used to losing.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 12:09 PM
His "It wasn't to be" comment was unacceptable. He should leave Saturday after Final win or lose, 3 Seasons in championship is pathetic

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Lovely guy but has to go.

What intrigues me is who are all these talented players we have? Constantly hear about this strong group of players? Not seen much evidence this year.

Cummings, Stevenson, Hanlon, Stanton, Harris, Handling etc been at club for years and far too used to losing.

Mcginn, henderson, fyvie, mcgeouch, cummings, mcgregor, hanlon, ketings, boyle are all talented players?

Beefster
14-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Cummings has scored 3 goals in 4 against Falkirk in the league this year we needed a goal

Keatings had scored two in an hour and was playing pretty well.

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Cant believe he never hooked a striker for a defender. Its almost as if he has to play cummings now. Get gunarrsson on an deal wth high balls which falkirk were always going to use more so the last quarter. Poor squad managment.

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Cant believe he never hooked a striker for a defender. Its almost as if he has to play cummings now. Get gunarrsson on an deal wth high balls which falkirk were always going to use more so the last quarter. Poor squad managment.

Yip, said it before, he doesnt know how to control a game or change a game, sticks to this daft diamond formation and doesnt want to change, even when its not working

loanheadhibby
14-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Mcginn, henderson, fyvie, mcgeouch, cummings, mcgregor, hanlon, ketings, boyle are all talented players?

Are they? How come they could not overcome a joe average team like Falkirk?

Boyle - could not get a game at Dundee, cannot get a game for 3rd place championship team.
Mcgregor/Hanlon - between them played in a defence that lost 5 goals in most important 2 games the club has had this season,
McGeogh - not much use to us being constantly injured. Made of chocolate.
Keatings - hardly played for ****, gets emptied and can't get regular game for us? **** did not release him cos he's brilliant.

All mediocre at best as this season has proved.

J-C
14-05-2016, 01:14 PM

Falkirk started pumping in high balls and as you say should've brought on height, Gunnarsson for Gray and Fontaine for Stevenson, switching Hanlon out left, drop Keating into midfield and bring on Boyle for Stokes and let him stay up top for the punts out of defence and use his pace.

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Are they? How come they could not overcome a joe average team like Falkirk?

Boyle - could not get a game at Dundee, cannot get a game for 3rd place championship team.
Mcgregor/Hanlon - between them played in a defence that lost 5 goals in most important 2 games the club has had this season,
McGeogh - not much use to us being constantly injured. Made of chocolate.
Keatings - hardly played for ****, gets emptied and can't get regular game for us? **** did not release him cos he's brilliant.

All mediocre at best as this season has proved.

If you cant see that those players are good players then you really need to have a think

wills
14-05-2016, 01:30 PM
In all honesty I am past caring. Stay or go will it make a lot of diffence, we seem to lack that little extra quality to get us over the finishing line

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Falkirk started pumping in high balls and as you say should've brought on height, Gunnarsson for Gray and Fontaine for Stevenson, switching Hanlon out left, drop Keating into midfield and bring on Boyle for Stokes and let him stay up top for the punts out of defence and use his pace.

We are only allowed 3 subs.

NAE NOOKIE
14-05-2016, 01:34 PM
I voted for him to stay ...... I just don't see who we could bring in who is going to do a better job. I am not blind to his failings, but I live in hope that he will sit down and look again at his game management which is a weakness he must recognise he needs to address.

The one thing we must get before anything else is an exciting and quick left back ...... the ball constantly going back the way or sideways into midfield from Lewis is killing us. I love the wee guy, but its a situation we simply must address. A target man and a couple of wingers wouldn't hurt either.

Beefster
14-05-2016, 01:36 PM
I voted for him to stay ...... I just don't see who we could bring in who is going to do a better job.

No offence but we're back to the 'Fenlon defence'.

"Aye, he's failed but the next guy might fail too".

inglisavhibs
14-05-2016, 01:39 PM
He should walk now! Damn disgrace! This whole seasons been a disaster, and I don't care about two cup finals! Gubbed in one, And not holding my breath for the next one!
I absolutely hate slagging my team? But, enoughs, enough!
Hardly gubbed and I assume if you don't care that means you won't be going on Saturday nor to the Leith Walk celebrations should we win?

inglisavhibs
14-05-2016, 01:40 PM
I voted for him to stay ...... I just don't see who we could bring in who is going to do a better job. I am not blind to his failings, but I live in hope that he will sit down and look again at his game management which is a weakness he must recognise he needs to address.

The one thing we must get before anything else is an exciting and quick left back ...... the ball constantly going back the way or sideways into midfield from Lewis is killing us. I love the wee guy, but its a situation we simply must address. A target man and a couple of wingers wouldn't hurt either.
Fair comments.

ahibby
14-05-2016, 01:56 PM
This team hasn't shown enough grit for me but with players like Fontaine and Bartley on the books, they should have more than they have shown. Two of our players were flattened last night, another had his lip cut with an arm, and even if those events didn't unsettle us, they were designed to do so. Probably a third before they got the equaliser would have been enough to see it out but we just couldn't mix it in their box. Not enough fight, and perhaps it'll take a different manager to instill that bit of fight. Falkirk don't have the players with international experience that we have and yet their fighting spirit and determination and belief was enough. I don't think they'll beat Kilmarnock, and so we need to get ready for the fight against them, Dunfermline and D Utd.

Expecting Rain
14-05-2016, 01:56 PM

The Falkirk left back looked more than decent, i agree with your opinions on Stubbs and i hope that he is still here next season but i have a feeling he might be off to pastures new.

Turkish Green
14-05-2016, 02:00 PM
There were valid excuses for last season: late arrival, player recruitment, Hearts & Rangers. But certainly no excuses for this season. On paper a good squad for the championship that just never performed to there ability.

Very poor since January.

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 02:01 PM

Does Stubbs actually identify and sign the players? I though that was primarily Graham Mathies remit.

carnoustiehibee
14-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Does Stubbs actually identify and sign the players? I though that was primarily Graham Mathies remit.

If he doesn't even pick the players then he's worse than I even thought

CABBAGEMAD
14-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Stubbs biggest fault was sticking up for players too much and always giving them an excuse. The bread man when the Rangers first lost tore into them and told them it wasn't good enough that's the biggest difference Stubbs seems like he wants to be everybody's mate needs to toughen up or those players get him punted:hibees

Matty_Jack04
14-05-2016, 02:11 PM

Surely can't be suggesting Stubbs doesn't have final or any say on who we bring in? And if what ur saying is true how is graham Mathie escaping a half share of blame

H18 SFR
14-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Spoken to a few of my Hibee mates at a friends son's birthday party today, the general feeling was that if he stays, the first time we lose next season there will be a huge call for him to be sacked.

The moral of the story is that his position is untenable. He has to go. A fresh start for all is what is required.

Matty_Jack04
14-05-2016, 02:13 PM

This is where I am much better put than I can

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Spoken to a few of my Hibee mates at a friends son's birthday party today, the general feeling was that if he stays, the first time we lose next season there will be a huge call for him to be sacked.

The moral of the story is that his position is untenable. He has to go. A fresh start for all is what is required.

I agree his position is untenable.

J-C
14-05-2016, 02:16 PM
We are only allowed 3 subs.

Oh aye, forgot about Bartley on for Dylan, my bad :greengrin

Sunshine Scott
Not a chance. Hopeless.

Pete

This is kind of where I'm at now after a bit of sober reflection. I'm not sure there will be this witch hunt the minute we lose a game.

Don't agree with your Lewis comments though. I think he's decent enough for this level.

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Surely can't be suggesting Stubbs doesn't have final or any say on who we bring in? And if what ur saying is true how is graham Mathie escaping a half share of blame
I'm sure Stubbs has final say but I'm sure Mathies title is Head of Recruitmemt and he identifies the targets and presents them to Stubbs and George Craig for a final decision.

I think recruitment on the whole has been decent and I suppose my point is I don't think that would fall apart if Stubbs did move on.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Matty_Jack04
14-05-2016, 02:19 PM
No offence but we're back to the 'Fenlon defence'.

"Aye, he's failed but the next guy might fail too".

Can't you remember where we were under Fenlon and butcher? 10 years worth of total dross before even them, should we expect it to be fixed in 2 seasons?

Onion
14-05-2016, 02:25 PM

Agree he'll be under severe pressure from day 1 if he stays but his position is far from untenable ! All he has to do is what is reasonably expected of a manager with the biggest playing budget in the league - build, select and manage a team that will win the vast majority of matches in the Championship, with no room for error. If Stubbs has aspirations to succeed at a higher level, then he could hardly ask for more support. In terms of jobs, it's about as good as he can expect.

jacomo
14-05-2016, 02:26 PM

I'm a big Stubbs fan and won't overlook the good things he has done. He's got an eye for a player and has implemented a more professional mindset at the club.

If he wants to stay another year and go again that would be alright by me. But we've made mistakes (notably our January transfer business) and we need to change our approach to this division. That means signing some experienced, hardened pros who will turn up every week and battle.

Radium
14-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Happy for him to stay.

Beefster
14-05-2016, 02:35 PM

I know I'm like a broken record but some folk just can't seem to comprehend that he's a Head Coach. He's been getting credit on here recently for building the squad, turning the club around etc, none of which are his doing.

Beefster
14-05-2016, 02:36 PM
I'm a big Stubbs fan and won't overlook the good things he has done. He's got an eye for a player and has implemented a more professional mindset at the club.

You should be a bigger Craig and Dempster fan cos they did all the stuff that you're using as justification for being a Stubbs fan.

Tyler Durden
14-05-2016, 02:45 PM
I know I'm like a broken record but some folk just can't seem to comprehend that he's a Head Coach. He's been getting credit on here recently for building the squad, turning the club around etc, none of which are his doing.

The players coming in want to work with Stubbs, not Craig or Dempster.

I'm sure the recruitment team deserve credit on the likes of Malonga signing. But Stubbs and his team will have identified Scott Allan, Fontaine, Bartley. Then the likes of Henderson and Stokes have been happy to sign as players talk highly of Stubbs and his methods.

It's not worked out as we all hoped but give him credit where it's due.

loanheadhibby
14-05-2016, 03:32 PM
If you cant see that those players are good players then you really need to have a think

We finished 3rd in the championship. The 13th best team in Scotland. We then lost a play off over 2 games to a supposedly inferior team? The stats don't lie.

cabbageandribs1875
14-05-2016, 03:40 PM
We finished 3rd in the championship. The 13th best team in Scotland. We then lost a play off over 2 games to a supposedly inferior team? The stats don't lie.

if we had finished 13th we would have been league winners, unfortunately it's 15th

Smartie
14-05-2016, 03:59 PM
He's got some serious questions to answer about where we went wrong and what he plans to do about it.

But if he answers those questions right then I'd be happy to see him stay.

Some of his comments/ behaviour in the press since December have annoyed me and his January transfer window business was abysmal and cost us dear.

Until then he'd done very well and we shouldn't forget that.

Rather than starting from scratch - tempting as that might be - we may be better going with the person who SHOULD have the best idea of where are and what we need to do about it.

If he doesn't have those answers though, I'd see him away in a second. McKinnon won't be hanging around getting a United squad together for next season and we're going to have to do well (again) to win this league.

Because whoever it is, anything less than winning the league next season is wholly unacceptable.

ShinyFantastic
14-05-2016, 04:01 PM
We want McLeish. Alex Mcleish.

Logie
14-05-2016, 04:19 PM
If we can win the cup he should be sir Alan Stubbs... im as disappointed as the next Hibby about our league status next year and Stubbs has failed on that side big time, his game management has cost us time and time again. His no1 objective was promotion and we have failed. Pretty sure if I failed in my job on my no1 role I would be away so ......

Hibernia&Alba
14-05-2016, 04:27 PM
I opted for his leaving if we don't win the cup, as I think the emotional wounds would be too deep. We'll see what happens over the summer, but his future must be in the balance with the board.

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 04:27 PM

So going by that theory the big teams who dont win anything dont have any good players, aye ok then

gegs70
14-05-2016, 04:30 PM
No I think any new manager would have struggled in that league. People have short memories we went thru numerous managers in getting from Mowbray to Stubbs and most of them would have struggled in this division.....In the end Stubbs may leave for another club so if he does would that leave McCall as a candidate????

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 05:48 PM
I think he will call it regardless of Final. He better as I am and have been throughly pissed off with whats been going on the last year.

We finished 3rd in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. 3rd. Not 7th or 8th in SPL were we can argue the toss but 3rd in the 2nd tier.

Its a bloody disgrace and Stubbs is at the helm, I do not wish to hear excuses for him. I have one and one excuse only. He isnt good enough.

twiceinathens
14-05-2016, 05:56 PM
As valid as the question should we keep him is the question does he want to stay.

Gordy M
14-05-2016, 06:07 PM
I think he will call it regardless of Final. He better as I am and have been throughly pissed off with whats been going on the last year.

We finished 3rd in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. 3rd. Not 7th or 8th in SPL were we can argue the toss but 3rd in the 2nd tier.

Its a bloody disgrace and Stubbs is at the helm, I do not wish to hear excuses for him. I have one and one excuse only. He isnt good enough.

I accept what you are saying, nowhere near acceptable....however i do think we found ourselves in 'unusual' circumstanes. Hearts won the league and then go onto finish 3rd in the premier, rangers will prob finish top 3/4 next season so basically we have come up against two of the top 3/4 teams in scotland...with one automatic promotion it was always gonna be a tough ask. The playoffs are a lottery as far as im concerned. A bit of bad luck or two off games and you are out. I agree that we are not where we should be but i dont think it was as an easy task as some are making out?. Whether stubbs is here or not im not sure, ive a feeling he will leave no matter the result on sunday.

Curried
14-05-2016, 06:19 PM
I think his body language last night showed that he's already gone.

Andy74
14-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Can't you remember where we were under Fenlon and butcher? 10 years worth of total dross before even them, should we expect it to be fixed in 2 seasons?

5th in SPL under Fenlon. 3rd in second tier is quite another level.

Butcher aye.

Andy74
14-05-2016, 06:29 PM

You don't think any manager could have bettered 3rd in the league or had this squad getting past Falkirk?

loanheadhibby
14-05-2016, 06:31 PM
So going by that theory the big teams who dont win anything dont have any good players, aye ok then

Big teams play in the top league. We, I'm afraid are a championship club with championship players.

loanheadhibby
14-05-2016, 06:34 PM
if we had finished 13th we would have been league winners, unfortunately it's 15th

Jeez, even worse. 15th place finish in Scotland.

ironically, there's been times I've enjoyed the roller coaster this season but ultimately he had to provide promotion. Failed miserably so has to go.

erskine-hibby
14-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Serious questions have to be asked of course, but I feel he has a lot to give (and learn) yet.
It was clear, to me at least, that the club was in dire straights on the park for years. It was always going to be a big task to get us back to where, we think, we belong.
We have played some fabulous football under Stubbs and, given time, I think that will show in results as well.

theonlywayisup
14-05-2016, 06:51 PM
He's a stubborn manager or clueless. His choice and time of substitutes is poor. When has he ever changed a game with his choice of substitutes. I've seen McKinnon (once) and Houston (twice) do that in the past two weeks.

I have no confidence that he has learnt from the defeats against Dumbarton, Livi, Falkirk, Queens, Alloa, Raith, Morton etc etc. OMG - it really is shocking to quote those teams that have beaten us over the past year.

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Serious questions have to be asked of course, but I feel he has a lot to give (and learn) yet.
It was clear, to me at least, that the club was in dire straights on the park for years. It was always going to be a big task to get us back to where, we think, we belong.
We have played some fabulous football under Stubbs and, given time, I think that will show in results as well.

Some of the football has been good, strangely enough in periods of both legs against Falkirk we were very good, but far too much of the stuff has been too slow paced and predictable making it easy for teams to defend. He has failed to answer the age old left back problem, the goalkeeping problem and of course the tendency for the defence to implode under pressure. All deficiencies that were there when he came. Off the field we appear to have no obvious youth policy with no youth players deemed good enough for a chance even in the lower league. It's very disappointing and not really good enough.

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 07:04 PM
I accept what you are saying, nowhere near acceptable....however i do think we found ourselves in 'unusual' circumstanes. Hearts won the league and then go onto finish 3rd in the premier, rangers will prob finish top 3/4 next season so basically we have come up against two of the top 3/4 teams in scotland...with one automatic promotion it was always gonna be a tough ask. The playoffs are a lottery as far as im concerned. A bit of bad luck or two off games and you are out. I agree that we are not where we should be but i dont think it was as an easy task as some are making out?. Whether stubbs is here or not im not sure, ive a feeling he will leave no matter the result on sunday.

We finished behind Falkirk in the league no exceptional circumstances there. We then played them over 2 legs and lost out there yet again.

Not as easy as some are making out, only asking to finish 2nd in this league not a big ask should be a given. We have been done by Falkirk over a season and then over a 2 leg match.

Eyrie
14-05-2016, 07:05 PM
We finished behind Falkirk in the league no exceptional circumstances there. We then played them over 2 legs and lost out there yet again.

Not as easy as some are making out, only asking to finish 2nd in this league not a big ask should be a given. We have been done by Falkirk over a season and then over a 2 leg match.

There were exceptional circumstances - we had a manager who was out-thought by Peter Houston.

We won't have that problem next year.

shetlandhibee
14-05-2016, 07:12 PM

:top marksi would agree, and decicions have not evened out for us this season IMHO and its not about luck either!! all we i! want is fairness !! as this years gone on it got worse and worse.. imo we were totally cheated from 3!!! clear penaltys in about 6 seconds in the first leg ..their down to 10 men, the way we wer playing at that time ide of fancied us getting ano goal ..4, 1 lead ,, ???? fairness?this thread wouldnt be started if f k....n fairness had been done,, not luck! not bad managment(that cost us that injust decicion)hes made(stubbs) mistakes for sure, but has also had us playing at times the best football ive seen at easter road for years... wins the cup convincingly(or any which way they can!!)next week....i dont think this thread will be open long,, im in the i hope stubbs stays camp!!! GGTTH

erskine-hibby
14-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Some of the football has been good, strangely enough in periods of both legs against Falkirk we were very good, but far too much of the stuff has been too slow paced and predictable making it easy for teams to defend. He has failed to answer the age old left back problem, the goalkeeping problem and of course the tendency for the defence to implode under pressure. All deficiencies that were there when he came. Off the field we appear to have no obvious youth policy with no youth players deemed good enough for a chance even in the lower league. It's very disappointing and not really good enough.

Don't really disagree with any of that.
I still think it was/is a mammoth task to getup and challenging again at the highest level
We have overcome all, bar one, premiership team this season, so it can be done...consistency is the real problem. For me, this is going to take a bit of restructuring of our squad. IMHO, the defence should be priority, next attacking midfielder/s, after that a big strong striker.

Smartie
14-05-2016, 07:13 PM

This is the bit that really gets me.

Even in a horrendous fixture pile-up we went into one game with 5 men on the bench.

I can't believe that our u-20s are so bad that they don't merit a place on the bench.

Especially when you see players who might have made it onto the bench (even just as back-up) sign for clubs in a higher league than us upon their release (as we've seen today with McGregor).

His lack of faith in squad members has been very disappointing and in my view misplaced. Jordan Forster would have been very useful to have around during the second half of this season - he shouldn't have been left to become so disillusioned. Sam Stanton did well in this league for a poor Livingston side - surely he was worthy of a place in our squad and should have been given the odd run to allow us to rest tired legs during February and March? Why has Boyle not played more football during the play-offs, likewise Gunnarson? They were looking the part when they came into the side late in the season. Is Forfar really the best place for Scott Martin?

Stubbs' stubborn loyalty to players on reputation rather than form has cost us and it is a trait that I think is likely to be ingrained deep within him and would be my biggest concern when it comes to keeping hold of him.

That and the catastrophic January transfer window. We were left with a grotesquely imbalanced squad, brimming with similar players with so very little variety and options that it was reminiscent of the shambles Fenlon left behind.

To be fair to Stubbs it was the first transfer window where I felt he performed anything other than brilliantly.

Waxy
14-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Hope Stubbs stays.He'll have learned alot last two seasons and now must know the championship very well.I do think he's a great chance of making us champions next season.Look at players he's brought.almost the whole team and a few crackers.Who would he bring this coming window? I have faith in him.He took us from rock bottom two seasons ago to now.Two cup finals? and probably our best chance in decades of winning the holy grail.Hope he stays.

ps I'd bet all the non Hibs fans on this forum have voted he should leave regardless so the percentages will be a bit higher for him to stay.

shetlandhibee
14-05-2016, 07:26 PM
good derby record as well(how many of our previous managers could you say that about?)a lots being made about 15th in the scottish leagues ? tell me how many premier teams are in the SCOTTISH CUP final?? the top half of the championship has been imo equally as good as the premier league....... did anybody watch 2nd against 3rd in the premier league the other night? were better that that and weve proved it when we played them, SIR ALLAN STUBBS next saturday night ......i hope and pray:not worth youve got one last chance, since youve won the cup... please stay with us to see out your contract:wink::agree::flag:

rcarter1
14-05-2016, 07:29 PM

The improvement needs to start fast however. In an arguably slightly easier league (on paper), we ended with the same points as last season. We regressed by 11 goals in the scoring department. Rangers, Falkirk, and Raith all made big improvements from last season in terms of points, goals scored, conceded etc.

If Stubbs stays, I hope he can look at these stats and concede that he has not improved us in any material way this season. And last season was hardly brilliant.

erin go bragh
14-05-2016, 07:34 PM
good derby record as well(how many of our previous managers could you say that about?)a lots being made about 15th in the scottish leagues ? tell me how many premier teams are in the SCOTTISH CUP final?? the top half of the championship has been imo equally as good as the premier league....... did anybody watch 2nd against 3rd in the premier league the other night? were better that that and weve proved it when we played them, SIR ALLAN STUBBS next saturday night ......i hope and pray:not worth youve got one last chance, since youve won the cup... please stay with us to see out your contract:wink::agree::flag:
Brilliant post SH 👍
Cmon the freeking Hi bees .

GGTTH

Big_Franck
14-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Two years of failing to break down pub teams is more than enough. Stubbs has had good backing from the board and 4 transfer windows to build a side capable of getting out of Scotland's second tier and the reality is we haven't even been close.

Stubbs goes regardless of next week's result. I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever that he'd get us promoted next year.

Also, if we're going to have another one of these polls after the cup final it needs to be a public poll to see who is voting for what. The yam trolls have quite clearly squewed the figures here.

FitbaFolkKen
14-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Decided I'm going to be overly positive this week after last nights misery.... so with that in mind.

Stubbsy Stubbsy.

:gwa:

Bring us the Holy Grail!

Big_Franck
14-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Hope Stubbs stays.He'll have learned alot last two seasons and now must know the championship very well.I do think he's a great chance of making us champions next season.Look at players he's brought.almost the whole team and a few crackers.Who would he bring this coming window? I have faith in him.He took us from rock bottom two seasons ago to now.Two cup finals? and probably our best chance in decades of winning the holy grail.Hope he stays.

ps I'd bet all the non Hibs fans on this forum have voted he should leave regardless so the percentages will be a bit higher for him to stay.

You havin a laugh? All the saviles on here will have voted for him to stay as it'll mean a 4th year in the Championship for us.

Waxy
14-05-2016, 07:54 PM
You havin a laugh? All the saviles on here will have voted for him to stay as it'll mean a 4th year in the Championship for us.All about opinions i guess.Mine is different from yours.Doesnt make either of us right.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-05-2016, 08:03 PM
All about opinions i guess.Mine is different from yours.Doesnt make either of us right.

Absolutely correct. But if BF hadn't posted that comment I would have .

weonlywon6-2
14-05-2016, 08:07 PM
We cant keep sacking managers. I will be surprised if Stubbs isn't in charge next season no matter what.
It's been a fine line between winning and losing for us
Not long ago we were singing his praises