PDA

View Full Version : Next Manager

coldingham hibs
13-05-2016, 09:01 PM
On the assumption that Stubbs is booted or resigns after the cup final who is your choice for next manager?.

magnificent_seven
13-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Peter Houston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70KevinHFC62
13-05-2016, 09:03 PM
How about we just support the team and manager until the season is over then ask questions

magnificent_seven
13-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Genuinely...

Peter Houston

adhibs
13-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Peter Houston

**** that

hibshibshibs84
13-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Honestly.... Peter Houston.

possible if falkirk stay down.

High-On-Hibs
New manager. Same puppet masters.

A thousand different managers failing us a thousand different times with the same failed tactics isn't a coincidence.

Blackfordhibby
I thought that LD said he was here for the long haul. He may not be going anywhere if that's true.

cleanyman
13-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Make a move for baldy.

Lets not kid ourselves....this guy is a good manager.

He has dominated Stubbs

Greencore
13-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Harold Shipman.

SJM
13-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Mcleish

Stokesy's on fire
13-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Peter Houston

No way!

LustForLeith
Billy Davies

Dashing Bob S
I think you have to think the unthinkable. The truth is that is you want somebody who is going to build a team to get you out off that division, as hard on the eyes as it is, you need a Houston/Warburton sort rather than a Stubbs.

Facing our third season there, we might have to try another approach and go for somebody like that.

JimBHibees
13-05-2016, 09:09 PM
On the assumption that Stubbs is booted or resigns after the cup final who is your choice for next manager?.

Good night to see the yam trolls.

coldingham hibs
I thought that LD said he was here for the long haul. He may not be going anywhere if that's true.

Will Leanne still be here, she's also failed big time.

Stokesy's on fire
Make a move for baldy.

He has dominated Stubbs

No he hasn't he's got lucky!!

chrisski33
How about we just support the team and manager until the season is over then ask questions

The season is over. No way we will win the cup. Every need to question whats happened

SJM
13-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Let's make a joke of it eh? Travelling back after being beaten over two legs off a ***** side with three stands who finished above us in the league.

****ing embarrassing as anything "Harold shipman lolz" let's see the ****ing lolz when we downgrade in the summer as out club are in this pish league for a third year.

Waxy
13-05-2016, 09:10 PM

Get a grip

h1bee123
13-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Alex McLeish - he's got us out before. I think he could do it again.

Saying that I think we should stick with Stubbs.

SJM
13-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Make a move for baldy.

He has dominated Stubbs

We don't employ creepy looking peado ****s.

He dominated Stubbs.

Levein and his wee trampy puppet didn't tho when we ended your season you sad hearts prickl.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2016, 09:12 PM
I think you have to think the unthinkable. The truth is that is you want somebody who is going to build a team to get you out off that division, as hard on the eyes as it is, you need a Houston/Warburton sort rather than a Stubbs.

Facing our third season there, we might have to try another approach and go for somebody like that.

:agree: Or we could continue with this Hibs class bull**** that we must play the proper way that gets us the square route of nothing.

We need out of this league, and if Kilmarnock beat Falkirk i wouldnt put any money on us finishing above them next season under Stubbs and his powder puff football.

hibbytam
13-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Honestly.... Peter Houston.

possible if falkirk stay down.

If he was appointed hibs manager, I don't think I would ever go back.

Diclonius
Stuart McCall.

Win the ball in midfield and play to fast wingers, none of this slow build up dirge, kick the **** out of every ****ty journeyman team that's gone "haw haw sit back against Hibs, easy point lol" for the past two years.

Keyser Sauzee

What makes you think that ANYTHING posted on this forum will have any impact whatsoever on the Hibs team?? It will have Zero impact so, while I don't agree he should go just now, I don't think there's anything wrong with pole asking questions.

PiemanP
I'd definitely take MacLeish. McCall i would consider. As much as I detest Houston I think he'd get us out this league. Do I want him? No. He's a twat.

ekhibee
13-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton.

cleanyman
13-05-2016, 09:14 PM
We don't employ creepy looking peado ****s.

He dominated Stubbs.

Levein and his wee trampy puppet didn't tho when we ended your season you sad hearts prickl.

Okay then.

coldingham hibs
13-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Good night to see the yam trolls.

Predictable response from you. Get over the green tinted specs and face reality.

givescotlandfreedom
Peter Houston can **** right off.

Michael
Jesus, I'm glad no one above will be picking our next manager (should we need one).

SeanWilson
John Travolta?

Beefster
13-05-2016, 09:16 PM

Dempster's only real failure has been her backing of Stubbs when all his inadequacies have been evident for months. Other than that, her job is to provide him with good enough finances, squad and infrastructure. Shes done that. Stubbs just hasn't used it properly.

SJM
Okay then.

👍 **** Peter Houston. Last **** we want at out club.

Stubbs will quit and Dempster should go to Mcleish.

madhatter
I'd go foreign personally with an experienced Scot as his number 2. Both being experienced though. We have failed repeatedly with the tried and tested Brit (Butcher), and we've tried inexperienced (Stubbs, Calderwood, etc, etc.) which have largely failed apart from Mowbray.

Go with an experienced foreign manager and get someone Scottish in as his Assistant.

Ray_
13-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Alex McLeish - he's got us out before. I think he could do it again.

Saying that I think we should stick with Stubbs.

I agree with you. Lots of knee jerk's going on here. Look where we were when Stubbs came in and watching players like Henderson has been an absolute pleasure. Hibs were robbed in both games, each game a diabolical decision by the ref cost us dearly and the first 20 minutes apart, we played some great stuff.

Some positions we need to improve, but we are moving forward & next season, Dundee United aren't the same propitiation as Rangers and Hearts and we have already proved we can more than hold our own against the top flight clubs, for when we eventually get there.

Steve20
13-05-2016, 09:22 PM

Jeez, the man had failed twice to get us out this league, not even getting to the final playoff round in two attempts.

He's an awful manager, so yes let's ask questions. He won't have the answers though as he never does.

Craig_in_Prague
13-05-2016, 09:22 PM
I have a lot of respect for Stubbs. I really do. He signed proper players, he has good ethos of the sport and generally played Hibs the right way. Not his fault defending at crucial moments hurt us badly nor corrupt refereeing. He may yet win the SC, seems unlikely but its not impossible as we've beat Rangers a lot in the last few years.
Point is, I think he'll part way regardless. Sometimes its for the best.
I'd like us to be ambitious, McLeiesh, Strachan (clearly not possible in his national role, but his next move?), McCall, guys that'll piss the league with Hibs.
Who knows. We'll get plenty applications but this time we need experience.

70KevinHFC62
13-05-2016, 09:24 PM
The season is over. No way we will win the cup. Every need to question whats happened

I do think promotion was more important than the cup, but we need to concentrate on the next thing which is the cup

70KevinHFC62
13-05-2016, 09:27 PM
What makes you think that ANYTHING posted on this forum will have any impact whatsoever on the Hibs team?? It will have Zero impact so, while I don't agree he should go just now, I don't think there's anything wrong with pole asking questions.

I sort of agree with you, but there is no much angst on here that I feel it does influence others in the stands come match day. What we need now is going into the final fully behind the PLAYERS.

chrisski33
13-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Reckon hibs should just pay the extra for an experienced well known manager now.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Gordon strachan...Alex mcleish....or michael oneil

carnoustiehibee
13-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Dempster's only real failure has been her backing of Stubbs when all his inadequacies have been evident for months. Other than that, her job is to provide him with good enough finances, squad and infrastructure. Shes done that. Stubbs just hasn't used it properly.

I think Stubbs has built a squad capable of winning the league he just didn't have the ability to do it

coldingham hibs
13-05-2016, 09:36 PM

Michael O'Neil would be a good choice.

JJP
13-05-2016, 09:37 PM
People talking about paying extra for an experienced manager have their heads in the clouds. We have no money as we are now in the Championship for the 3rd year in a row probably with crowds even lower than they were this year.

truehibernian
13-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Duncan Ferguson

Bad Martini
13-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Alex 'stands in the centre circle as we ironically ****ed Falkirk 3-0 at Easter Road who says I'll be here as long as you need me' McLeish........ Then promptly ****s off to rangers?? That one. Is he our saviour?? ****ing hell. That's where we are is it?

sauzee6_2
13-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Let me share a story - whilst completely my UEFA Pro license Peter Houston was one of the designated SFA coaches - we had a full 10 days of coaching practice, during which I made it clear I was a Hibby - after passing the final assessment 'Housty'' came up to me and said 'I hope Hibs get ****ed in every game next season!'

Him as the Hibs manager..... No chance!

My vote would be Stuart McAll

erin go bragh
13-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Can we not just get behind the manager and team and finally win this bloody thing . Yes it's a sore one tonight , but eight days rest will hopefully recharge our players .

GGTTH

truehibernian
I do think promotion was more important than the cup, but we need to concentrate on the next thing which is the cup

Promotion was vital - cuts to squad and staff are now inevitable.

neil7908

We had our chance, absolutely no way the guy would be going near us now.

SeanWilson

Why on Earth would Michael O'Neil leave his job for us? (Read about the reasoning for his getting turned down last time :confused:)

Keyser Sauzee

He will be a very sought after manager if/when he leaves the N.Ireland job, beyond our reach I think.

crieffhibee
13-05-2016, 09:40 PM
If peter houston takes charge of hibs il chop my heed aff!

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2016, 09:41 PM
michael o'neil recently signed a 4-year extension to his norn ireland contract...next

SeanWilson
13-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Alex 'stands in the centre circle as we ironically ****ed Falkirk 3-0 at Easter Road who says I'll be here as long as you need me' McLeish........ Then promptly ****s off to rangers?? That one. Is he our saviour?? ****ing hell. That's where we are is it?

I'd very quickly forget that for that Calibre of manager - just dont see any money left in the pot and think we're destined for 2nd tier now :rolleyes:

SJM
13-05-2016, 09:43 PM

Let's stick with Alan, cannae get us out this league but is a gid **** Stubbs then eh?

Mcleish got us out this league before and I would have every faith he would again. Stubbs? Nah. He's done. Out thought by Harry Potters bitch.

SpaceBob
I agree with you. Lots of knee jerk's going on here. Look where we were when Stubbs came in and watching players like Henderson has been an absolute pleasure. Hibs were robbed in both games, each game a diabolical decision by the ref cost us dearly and the first 20 minutes apart, we played some great stuff.

Some positions we need to improve, but we are moving forward & next season, Dundee United aren't the same propitiation as Rangers and Hearts and we have already proved we can more than hold our own against the top flight clubs, for when we eventually get there.

Come on don't put Rangers and Hearts on a pedestal, we should have had our house in order the minute we were relegated and made that league ours last season, never mind this season.

70KevinHFC62
Promotion was vital - cuts to squad and staff are now inevitable.

Agreed

joe t
13-05-2016, 09:44 PM

Agreed. Stubbs is playing the wrong kind of football to win this league. El Alagui's physicality up front would have brought us many more points and taken a lot off heat off our defence in theses play offs, but he's finished. We didn't replace him when we could have.

bingo70
Wonder if Yogi would come back?

Had his faults but he'd get us out this bloody league.

gorgie greens
Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton.
Trump for me

JC94
13-05-2016, 09:46 PM
michael o'neil recently signed a 4-year extension to his norn ireland contract...next

And Celtic are keen on him. Absolutely no chance of getting him.

SouthMoroccoStu
Jimmy Calderwood

The style of play would not be pretty by any mean but he would get the job done

Down side he is a very orange rangers fan

Fat Boab
Don't care who it is, as long as they get us out of this league.

SpaceBob
Let me share a story - whilst completely my UEFA Pro license Peter Houston was one of the designated SFA coaches - we had a full 10 days of coaching practice, during which I made it clear I was a Hibby - after passing the final assessment 'Housty'' came up to me and said 'I hope Hibs get ****ed in every game next season!'

Him as the Hibs manager..... No chance!

My vote would be Stuart McAll

Did he really say ****ed?

Stokesy's on fire
13-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Get a grip

She has failed! Slag his post off all you want she's failed

Beefster
13-05-2016, 09:47 PM
I think Stubbs has built a squad capable of winning the league he just didn't have the ability to do it

Stubbs didn't build anything. He's a Head Coach.

Stokesy's on fire
13-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Jimmy Calderwood

The style of play would not be pretty by any mean but he would get the job done

Down side he is a very orange rangers fan

No thanks he's a Tango man Hun

rcarter1
13-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Reckon hibs should just pay the extra for an experienced well known manager now.

Defo agree. So many managers have been able to build effective teams on low budgets. Why not squeeze the player budget a bit by investing in the most important position at the club.

sauzee6_2
13-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Did he really say ****ed?

As god as my witness

Itsnoteasy
Tommy Wright, St Johnstone
For me

DaveF

Has somebody nicked your logon? Never seen such a positive post in ages, and this after a draining defeat.

You might be judging Stubbs over these 2 games and clearly not over the 2 seasons of glaring deficiences where we have went backwards rather than forwards. We are soft, cannot defend well and don't score anywhere near enough goals - which has cost us again....

carnoustiehibee
13-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Stubbs didn't build anything. He's a Head Coach.

Assembled then? He's certainly not a manager that's been clear for a while.

#2 Double Tap
13-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Get a grip

he has a massively valid point.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Stuart McCall

Good manager with a positive history with Dempster, currently jobless - minus Scotland duties

but, like my other suggestion, also a rangers man

edwards
13-05-2016, 10:08 PM
If Stubbs gets released or decides to go who is out there that can gel us into a championship winning team

edwards
13-05-2016, 10:22 PM
I think Alex Neil of Norwich as he has the experiance of taking two teams up the league Hamilton and Norwich looks like he is on his way out at Norwich.

GreenLake
13-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Robbie Keane player coach. Wants to win every game. Does not f*** about. Would motivate and encourage better performances. Total professional.

Allez Hibs
13-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Ffs

Unseen work
13-05-2016, 10:27 PM
It will be Stuart mccall.

Craig_in_Prague
13-05-2016, 10:27 PM
I think Alex Neil of Norwich as he has the experiance of taking two teams up the league Hamilton and Norwich looks like he is on his way out at Norwich.

Yes please

hfcok
13-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Ian Holloway he will put fight in the team

Del Boy
13-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Too late now but Ray McKinnon would have been a good hibs manager IMO

Enough said
13-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Peter Houston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkthis

truehibernian
For me

Have to say, didn't think about this but he's a good shout - I was lucky this season to watch him close hand and he's a manager who players listen to and he commands respect. Great record in the league and cup. Alex Cleland is a magic laugh too - strikes me as a really well run club and unit.
Has the balance of boss and good/bad guy - Stubbs doesn't - players have had it easy if they fail under Stubbs.

Back room guys at Saints are good too ! So yep, good shout but would cost a bit.

Joe Baker2

don't talk *****!

Enough said
13-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Too late now but Ray McKinnon would have been a good hibs manager IMO dempster met with him on Monday afternoon before he went to Dundee

truehibernian
13-05-2016, 10:31 PM
It will be Stuart mccall.

I'll bet you any cash it won't

carnoustiehibee
13-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Stuart McCall

Good manager with a positive history with Dempster, currently jobless - minus Scotland duties

but, like my other suggestion, also a rangers man

Who also claimed it was definitely not a penalty on tues. no thanks

CABBAGEMAD
13-05-2016, 10:33 PM
For me
Top pick for me too

Unseen work
13-05-2016, 10:34 PM

Going with your record I think il save myself the loss of money :greengrin

What have you heard?

Del Boy
13-05-2016, 10:35 PM
dempster met with him on Monday afternoon before he went to Dundee

Really??
Is that why he stalled on accepting Utd job....!?

Enough said
13-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Really??
Is that why he stalled on accepting Utd job....!? he went straight to Dundee Monday evening after his meeting with dempster that's s fact

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Ian Holloway he will put fight in the team

He'd be fun, and i'm sure he'd get us up. He's probably earning more from Sky than we'd pay him though, he'd probably not want to come up the road anyway.

I also heard a rumour the other day, that we just might see him back at Blackpool, although he'd have to talk his wife around on that one. He left to go to Palace on her advice, either get out of Blackpool or i'm off.

Holloway likes away days. :wink:

edwards
13-05-2016, 10:37 PM

Would Gordon Strachan take it that would be a real scoop, O'neill has just renewed his contract so think one's a non starter.

SJM
13-05-2016, 10:37 PM

I'll bet you £50 to any charity and if I don't I'll bugger off from here it will be.

truehibernian
13-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Going with your record I think il save myself the loss of money :greengrin

What have you heard?

Not heard anything however I know he and Calderwood spent time together on a course and heard enough from that to know he wouldn go to Hibs - good thing too - Stubbs is a Mowbray - we need a McLeish. Someone who can manage players, command respect, but have authority - don't think Stubbs has that in him. He's too nice.

truehibernian
13-05-2016, 10:42 PM
I'll bet you £50 to any charity and if I don't I'll bugger off from here it will be.

Deal - to Dnipro charity ?

#2 Double Tap
13-05-2016, 11:33 PM
mixu. has the tool kit.

truehibernian
13-05-2016, 11:39 PM
mixu. has the tool kit.

Enjoy you're new stand

MWHIBBIES
13-05-2016, 11:49 PM
Nobody like Houston, Calderwood, McCall etc, same pishy managers who are recycled between pishy clubs. I would never attend a Hibs match if we were managed by Houston either, he is an absolute **** who hates Hibs.

Steve Cotterill for me, excellent promotion record in far harder situations than ours.

mentalhibee
13-05-2016, 11:51 PM

This!