PDA

View Full Version : The saddest thing about this

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 09:00 PM
The saddest thing about this was that you just knew.

Even with 2 seconds left on the clock. You simply knew it was coming.

RoadtoER
13-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Totally agree, can't get my head around why this happens so often to us..

ClewsHibs
13-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Everytime we get put under pressure. Same old crap. Bye Stubbs

cleanyman
13-05-2016, 09:03 PM
The saddest thing about it all is the decline of Hibernian.

We are a championship team and may well struggle in this league for years to come.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Aye but we have a five year plan, how many years are we into this?

Waxy
13-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Even at 2-1 up i felt it.That shot the boy hit for theur second? One out of fifty.The tip onto the bar from Cummings shot? I say bring in an exorcist.

patch1875
13-05-2016, 09:06 PM

iwasthere1972
13-05-2016, 09:07 PM

I knew it as well. We had our chances tonight, including hitting the bar, but it was inevitable that they would get that last minute winner. We were the best team tonight and over the two legs but the hoofers won. Come on Killie.

Oh well it will have to be the Scottish Cup then.

heidtheba
13-05-2016, 09:08 PM
I've had no faith in our ability to grind out a result since before 6-6 with Motherwell. If you were our opposition you'd LOVE to have Hibs in your life. We lose and we lose in style.
The thing is, I don't subscribe to the 'bottlers' or 'didnt try' comments about our team.
I don't think we were worse than Falkirk either...
but we still lose...

mca
13-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Don't Know the Stats.... Just How Many Last Minute (ish) Goals Have we Lost this Season ???

Kicked in the Teeth is How i feel Tonight.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif

SlickShoes
13-05-2016, 09:14 PM
It's probably the fans fault for not getting behind the team haha, no heard that one yet, can't wait.

Mango Man
13-05-2016, 09:17 PM
I wonder what what kind of suckerpunch will do us next week, we are a very unique team, whatever is the most brutal thing that can happen to the fans, will happen.

neil7908
13-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Yeah, was going to stick money on a late Falkirk winner after the equalised but can never bring myself to bet against us. Wish I had now, would have at least made a few quid tonight

IWasThere2016
13-05-2016, 09:19 PM

The woes of another year of Petrie .. When will the toxic liability be accountable??

Green Reaper
13-05-2016, 09:21 PM
I wonder what what kind of suckerpunch will do us next week, we are a very unique team, whatever is the most brutal thing that can happen to the fans, will happen.

Pens...Huns miss 4 and we miss 5

rcarter1
13-05-2016, 09:24 PM
I've had no faith in our ability to grind out a result since before 6-6 with Motherwell. If you were our opposition you'd LOVE to have Hibs in your life. We lose and we lose in style.
The thing is, I don't subscribe to the 'bottlers' or 'didnt try' comments about our team.
but we still lose...

Agree. For this Hibs team the term bottlers is unfair. We've seen Butchers Bottlers, and other famously inept sides. This particular Hibs side quite simply don't have enough goals in the side.

Jamesie
13-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Saddest thing will be any non-playing redundancies that result from a third season in the Championship. Hopefully having the ability to realise assets like McGinn and Cummings will balance the books somewhat if required.

Ómaigh-Hib
13-05-2016, 09:26 PM
I knew it as well. We had our chances tonight, including hitting the bar, but it was inevitable that they would get that last minute winner. We were the best team tonight and over the two legs but the hoofers won. Come on Killie.

Oh well it will have to be the Scottish Cup then.

Did we not have two chances off the bar? When I saw that I knew it was not going too be our night

onfire
13-05-2016, 09:28 PM

Your 5 year plan na make it 5 min plan should be stop posting!

Pete
13-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Did we not have two chances off the bar? When I saw that I knew it was not going too be our night

:agree:

That Cummings strike was ridiculous.

The way our luck is going we're due to win the champions league and the world cup at some point to make up for this.

hibbeedavid
13-05-2016, 09:32 PM
We had a lot of things go against us ie handballs lack of red cards etc but it's still a joke that after 6 meetings this season we still can't deal with their long throw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpaceBob
13-05-2016, 09:33 PM
The saddest thing about it all is the decline of Hibernian.

We are a championship team and may well struggle in this league for years to come.

Your right and i hate to repeat it be we have become a championship team, a 3rd season for the first time in our history outside of the top division.

Bobo
13-05-2016, 09:35 PM
As a club we have no desire, no aggression and no belief and haven't had for the past decade or more! We are so apologetic on the pitch and allow inferior teams far too much respect. We are a terrible football club with little aspiration and even less ambition, truly a diddy team living on it's once proud now long gone and sullied reputation.

We are an embarrassment and are only going to get worse, 3 seasons in the 2nd tier of the poorest football association in Europe is not acceptable, we'll be there for a good couple more now while deservedly playing in front of ever dwindling crowds of 6k or less.

"Wee Team" .... we certainly are in every sense of the word, no ambition and willing to perpetually accept mediocrity, **** the lot of them!

Agnes Gordon
13-05-2016, 09:38 PM

This 100 times this

Agnes Gordon
13-05-2016, 09:41 PM
but we still lose...
And being 4-2 up against Hearts going into injury time and managing to draw

eastterrace
13-05-2016, 09:48 PM
As a club we have no desire, no aggression and no belief and haven't had for the past decade or more! We are so apologetic on the pitch and allow inferior teams far too much respect. We are a terrible football club with little aspiration and even less ambition, truly a diddy team living on it's once proud now long gone and sullied reputation. We are an embarrassment and are only going to get worse, 3 seasons in the 2nd tier of the poorest football association in Europe is not acceptable, we'll be there for a good couple more now while deservedly playing in front of ever dwindling crowds of 6k or less. "Wee Team" .... we certainly are in every sense of the word, no ambition and willing to perpetually accept mediocrity, **** the lot of them! yawn

Deansy
13-05-2016, 09:52 PM
:agree:

That Cummings strike was ridiculous.

The way our luck is going we're due to win the champions league and the world cup at some point to make up for this.

It truly was - so WTF hasn't he been trying shots like that ALL SEASON ????

tamig
13-05-2016, 09:53 PM
The woes of another year of Petrie .. When will the toxic liability be accountable??

Aye this is Rod's fault right enough.

Fogzie
13-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Don't Know the Stats.... Just How Many Last Minute (ish) Goals Have we Lost this Season ???

Kicked in the Teeth is How i feel Tonight.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif
Three. Falkirk twice and Ross County

Stokesy's on fire
13-05-2016, 09:59 PM

Yeah I hate the fact I was waiting for that goal! breaks my heart.

BoltonHibee
13-05-2016, 09:59 PM

So it's not Rod's fault? He presided and was directly responsible for us being relegated on many fronts, let's not forget this.

SpaceBob
13-05-2016, 10:00 PM
The saddest thing about this is it's worse than the new Stone Roses single

Brightside
13-05-2016, 10:01 PM

whats the answer chap. I'm so gutted. bu thats the answer

Danderhall Hibs
13-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Three. Falkirk twice and Ross County

How many have we scored?

JJP
I don't think I've ever been as furious as I was at the end of tonight's game. 4 red cards over 2 games for Falkirk somehow not 1 given. Umpteen chances to bury them missed. I make this our fourth season where we finish on a devastating result. Club just continue to let down our great fans.

Yep, it absolutely summed us up - fail to take chances to kill teams off then get punished for it.

Absolutely gutted tonight tbh absolutely gutted. Hibs really do continue to find new ways to let you down, absolutely brutal.

blackpoolhibs
So it's not Rod's fault? He presided and was directly responsible for us being relegated on many fronts, let's not forget this.

Of course its his fault, remember the protests against his leadership before he brought in Dempster. He is directly responsible because of his action we are where we are.

Dempsters first two seasons in charge are not going too great either. :rolleyes:

GreenLake
13-05-2016, 10:04 PM
What is sad for me, is that Gray just had to do nothing and instead he heads the ball right into the most dangerous place for a shot.

What do they teach in training?

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-05-2016, 10:05 PM
I've said this for many years, watching Hibs is like reading a book you've read a hundred times, you know exactly what's coming next.

adhibs
13-05-2016, 10:06 PM

I didbt think a bigger let down was possible...

GreenLake
13-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Stokes had his worst fame for us but was not subbed. He continued to lose possession.

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 10:10 PM
When a business consistently underforms,even after staff get fired/replaced. Only so much time can pass until the owners and directors have to start having a good hard look at themselves.

Football is a business. If the staff are consistently not good enough, then you need to look at those who are ultimately in charge of hiring those staff in the first place.

Swedish hibee
13-05-2016, 10:16 PM

My thoughts! What a low day it's been. That, then this and all on bloody Friday the 13th.

fat freddy
13-05-2016, 10:17 PM
I wasn't at the game, I listened to the last 10 minutes of the first half on the radio, I looked on here until half time. I shut down all communication with any media and waited for the texts to arrive because I knew, I just knew. My eldest was first to text, simple two words that summed up the last 40 years of supporting this club... ' typical Hibs' I replied, 'was it the last minute?' He replied ' last second actually' ... They find new ways to hurt us like a CIA torturer finds new ways of inflicting pain on his subjects. If someone were to make a movie about being a hibby I'm not sure if it would be a horror movie or a comedy, we cover all the bases.

DH1875
13-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Saddest thing about it all for me is that I truly believe rangers were there for the taking this year. We should have pushed them all the way and gone up automatically.

#2 Double Tap
13-05-2016, 10:20 PM
but we still lose...

lack of leadership at our club. the people in positions of power are all weak. from petrie to the pitch.

heidtheba
13-05-2016, 10:21 PM
I wasn't at the game, I listened to the last 10 minutes of the first half on the radio, I looked on here until half time. I shut down all communication with any media and waited for the texts to arrive because I knew, I just knew. My eldest was first to text, simple two words that summed up the last 40 years of supporting this club... ' typical Hibs' I replied, 'was it the last minute?' He replied ' last second actually' ... They find new ways to hurt us like a CIA torturer finds new ways of inflicting pain on his subjects. If someone were to make a movie about being a hibby I'm not sure if it would be a horror movie or a comedy, we cover all the bases.

This

Even Mrs Me now knows what it's like to support Hibs, even loosely as I do. TOTAL respect for the guys/girls who go every week and put the time in. You don't deserve what you are given.

#2 Double Tap
13-05-2016, 10:26 PM

he did start the ball rolling........

Bobo
13-05-2016, 10:26 PM
yawn

Aye yawn, It's folk like you who are perpetually willing to accept failure and 2nd rate pish that have helped dilute the aspirations and ambitions of our club to the extent that even failing miserably in 2nd tier football for the 2nd year in succession is deemed acceptable!!

Hiber-nation
13-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Stokes had his worst fame for us but was not subbed. He continued to lose possession.

Untouchable. A terrible signing. Nice touches here and there but has massively underperformed.

FromTheCapital
13-05-2016, 10:29 PM
I was more gutted because I thought the performance merited so much more. These things seem to happen in a more and more heartbreaking manner each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
13-05-2016, 10:34 PM
I have never seen a team give away so many opportunities away when holding onto a lead. Free kicks and long throws launched into our box. Its happened so many times ive lost count

Ronniekirk
13-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Untouchable. A terrible signing. Nice touches here and there but has massively underperformed.

When Stubbs brought him in he said he would score us goals in important games when fit But that hasn't worked out No goals in four play off games That will be disappointing for Stubbs

tamig
13-05-2016, 11:04 PM

Straw clutching at best. He was in no way to blame for what happened on the pitch tonight.

Andy74
13-05-2016, 11:08 PM

Ultimately the January window has probably cost Stubbs his job. I think he was complacent about what we had and how we were doing.

The Thompson experiment seems to have been ditched.

HappyHanlon
13-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Spot on.

As soon as that board went up and they put us under pressure.

Cameron1875
13-05-2016, 11:11 PM
The thing is from 30-80 mins we were back to our best. Quicker tempo, nice football and totally in control.

However the goals we lost were absolute Sunday league stuff! And I feel that almost insults folk that play Sunday league.

How on earth could we have lost that winner when the same goal happened against the same team last month!

Gutted.

Alfred E Newman
13-05-2016, 11:13 PM
It truly was - so WTF hasn't he been trying shots like that ALL SEASON ????
:confused:

Biggie
13-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Deja vue......can't defend a long throw.....just knew it was coming. Feel sick, disillusioned, scared what this will do to hibs.
Feel sick that that mob over the road *****ed £60m cheating their way to trophies, and we've scrimped and scraped to stay "competitive" and it's got us nowhere.
It's all wrong.

Cameron1875
13-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Deja vue......can't defend a long throw.....just knew it was coming. Feel sick, disillusioned, scared what this will do to hibs.
Feel sick that that mob over the road *****ed £60m cheating their way to trophies, and we've scrimped and scraped to stay "competitive" and it's got us nowhere.
It's all wrong.

I was always taught when I was a kid that firstly "cheats never win" and then "the good guys always win in the end"....

Scottish football is showing that this might be the exception :(

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 11:21 PM
I was always taught when I was a kid that firstly "cheats never win" and then "the good guys always win in the end"....

Whoever told you that was winding you up.

It's the cheats, the crooks and the back stabbers that go places in this world. Don't expect to play by the rules and win.

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 12:31 AM

He couldnt have meant consecutive years :wink:

Bristolhibby
14-05-2016, 12:52 AM

It's the cheats, the crooks and the back stabbers that go places in this world. Don't expect to play by the rules and win.

Just watch Game of Thrones.

We are House Stark

matty_f
14-05-2016, 01:06 AM
If you think someone's a yam report the post and we'll check them out.

Stokesy's on fire
14-05-2016, 01:20 AM

This

Honest and fair hibs get nowhere.

Wilson
14-05-2016, 01:24 AM
Just watch Game of Thrones.

We are House Stark

Lanister. We always pay our debts.

Greenworld
14-05-2016, 01:36 AM
The gray header was the reason we lost ametuer clearance when he should of headed it to the shy line

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

TAHibby
14-05-2016, 01:51 AM
I made a profit of 300 pounds tonight, I would give up every single penny of it to have gone through tonight. Sorry I just knew there was a massive chance of capitulation at 2-1. Doesn't change a thing and wish I could have been there in falkirk. I'll be there at the final and next season, doesn't make a difference to me where I'll be on a Saturday afternoon. Hibernian till I lay on my death bed, apologies for drunken post, hurting massively at the moment

hibs69
14-05-2016, 02:28 AM
Still in a slight state of shock. Reading some of this to try and make sense of what happened. Totally agree with Greenlake......, why Gray heads that ball there? Really don't want to pin blame on individuals and I'd say over the season, Gray has been a consistent 7/8 out of 10....... But ffs, David!

Unbelievably racked off with this. Another season is this league.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 08:47 AM

Just like we know deep down we will not win next week.

EH6 Hibby
14-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Lanister. We always pay our debts.

Feel more like Theon Grayjoy after Ramsay Boulton had finished with him today.

Since90+2
14-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Leeann Dempster as the current CEO has to take some portion of the blame for the clubs failure.

Ultimately she is the person running the football club and the last 2 years have been a failure , Stubbs has failed to get us promoted 2 years running and she appointed him. If Stubbs was a Petrie appointment he would be getting pelters.

High-On-Hibs
14-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Leeann Dempster as the current CEO has to take some portion of the blame for the clubs failure.

Ultimately she is the person running the football club and the last 2 years have been a failure , Stubbs has failed to get us promoted 2 years running and she appointed him. If Stubbs was a Petrie appointment he would be getting pelters.

Stubbs was a Dempster appointment, Dempster was a Petrie appointment though and Petrie was a Farmer appointment.

All problems trace back to the man at the very top. But for some bizzare reason, we always seem to deny this.

HappyHanlon
14-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Feel more like Theon Grayjoy after Ramsay Boulton had finished with him today.

Shouldn't laugh but i did find that funny (you're comment of course)

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Stubbs was a Dempster appointment, Dempster was a Petrie appointment though and Petrie was a Farmer appointment.

All problems trace back to the man at the very top. But for some bizzare reason, we always seem to deny this.

So lets get this right, it's all Farmers fault. You forgot to mention Mercer, if it hadn't been for him Farmer would not have needed to come in and save the club.
What a load of rubbish.

High-On-Hibs
14-05-2016, 02:25 PM
So lets get this right, it's all Farmers fault. You forgot to mention Mercer, if it hadn't been for him Farmer would not have needed to come in and save the club.
What a load of rubbish.

If you own a business and you hire staff who hire other staff who hire other staff that aren't good enough. Then yes, it's all your fault.

I'm well aware of what STF did for the club 26 years ago and will forever be greatful for that. But we're not living 26 years ago anymore, we're living now. So what do we do now?