PDA

View Full Version : Players next season

ekhibee
13-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Just wondered what other people's thoughts were on how many of the 1st team will still be there next season?

RoadtoER
13-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Cummings, Mcginn, Stokes, Henderson all gone I'd say

adhibs
13-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Hanlon away no doubt as well. Stokes away. Goin to have to try again next ect season with a much weaker team

adhibs
Logan away

DH1875
Cummings, Mcginn, Stokes, Henderson all gone I'd say

Would add Hanlon to that list.

Nameless
13-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Gone:
Henderson, Cummings, McGinn, Fyvie, Stokes, Hanlon, Gunnarson...possibly Dylan if he isn't crippled again.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

RoadtoER
13-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Dundee United, Kilmarnock/Falkirk, Raith... fielding a much weaker side against those teams throughout the season has me really worried for next year. 4 years in the championship is unthinkable

hibeemikey21
13-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Think we'll get another year out of McGinn.

Cup final is Jason's last game though for sure.

Delighted if Hendo comes back.

The rest.......meh.

madhatter
13-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Hanlon away no doubt as well. Stokes away. Goin to have to try again next ect season with a much weaker team

Weaker team? Where have you been, we've had a weak team for 2 seasons. We've had 3-4 strong individuals but we've not had a strong team hence why we've failed again. Should be thumping crude teams like Falkirk.

Invest wisely and build a strong team. Scouting should be with a team in mind not a good individual as we can't afford that at the moment.

RoadtoER
Gone:
Henderson, Cummings, McGinn, Fyvie, Stokes, Hanlon, Gunnarson...possibly Dylan if he isn't crippled again.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

I'd hate to think that Cummings and Mcginn especially could go to another Scottish team, sickens me

ShinyFantastic
Does it actually matter? We all know we'll be seeing the same old story unfold when it comes to the crunch.

Joe's ice cream
13-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Dundee United, Kilmarnock/Falkirk, Raith... fielding a much weaker side against those teams throughout the season has me really worried for next year. 4 years in the championship is unthinkable

Fielding a weeker team may not be as bigger problem with the right manager employing tactics to effect games as they are ongoing

RoadtoER
13-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Fielding a weeker team may not be as bigger problem with the right manager employing tactics to effect games as they are ongoing

Will we get the right manager though? That's my major worry

itslegaltender
13-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Gunnarson has to be signed. Stubbs loyalty to Gray has cost us big time.

madhatter
13-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Why the concern btw - these players have failed? I don't understand obsession with keeping these players. Remember these players are responsible for us finishing 3rd when we should clearly have been 2nd, and they've failed for the 2nd year.

I'd rather we build a solid team that wiped the floor with everyone next season than keep Cummings, McGinn, Henderson, Stokes blah blah blah. They've simply not done it. Things for 2 seasons have not been working for us. We've had 65%+ possession and lost games at home.

We are not Barcelona playing Athletico Madrid, those defeats would be somewhat understandable. We are Hibs playing Alloa...

Functional team before anything else! Width, pace and wingers for next season!!!!!!

coldingham hibs
13-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Think we'll get another year out of McGinn.

Cup final is Jason's last game though for sure.

Delighted if Hendo comes back.

The rest.......meh.

Don't really care much if Henderson isn't here, too chicken hearted which is why he will never be a top player.

gorgie greens
13-05-2016, 09:35 PM
why stop at 4 years ,

hibee1875
13-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Don't really care much if Henderson isn't here, too chicken hearted which is why he will never be a top player.

What a load of rubbish. He's destined for the top. If you can't see that you don't know football

gorgie greens
13-05-2016, 09:37 PM
think Henderson is quality , just a young boy , ok he pulled out of a few tackles but i would sign him if i could

coldingham hibs
13-05-2016, 09:39 PM
What a load of rubbish. He's destined for the top. If you can't see that you don't know football

I'm not doubting his ability but he has no pace, doesn't compete for headers and never wins a 50/50 challenge. If he gets any higher than SPFL then I'll eat my hat.

Unseen work
13-05-2016, 09:40 PM
We need a certain mould of player to get us out of this league.

Sign more experienced players that can see out a game, especially in midfield.

Sign new full backs.

Sign players that are wingers with pace.

Sign a physical striker

MKHIBEE
13-05-2016, 09:44 PM
I'm not doubting his ability but he has no pace, doesn't compete for headers and never wins a 50/50 challenge. If he gets any higher than SPFL then I'll eat my hat.

What ability do you reckon he has then if he can't run, win headers or tackle?

coldingham hibs
13-05-2016, 09:46 PM
What ability do you reckon he has then if he can't run, win headers or tackle?

Can't finish either.

He has good control, passing ability and puts a decent ball in.

hibee1875
13-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Can't finish either.

He has good control, passing ability and puts a decent ball in.

Pretty sure he scored on Tuesday? You're gibbering absolute nonsense

MartinfaePorty
We need a certain mould of player to get us out of this league.

Sign more experienced players that can see out a game, especially in midfield.

Sign new full backs.

Sign players that are wingers with pace.

Sign a physical striker

Couldn't agree more. Team now would do ok in Premier League, but need different skills to dig out wins in this one.

DH1875

Behave. Boy is a class act and has a cracking future ahead of him. Take him over someone like FF every day of the week.

NikGunnarsson
13-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Gunnarson has to be signed. Stubbs loyalty to Gray has cost us big time.

Spot on mate, would big Nik have stopped that goal is what I keep thinking

killie-hibby
13-05-2016, 10:00 PM

We've not had a team for years, although we have a few decent players.When Stubbs or someone else eventually blends Hibs players into a team whether weaker or not, only then will we get out of this 2nd tier. I think you are 100% correct. Every championship club to have beaten us, apart from Sevco don't have better players.What they have are better teams

Steve20
13-05-2016, 10:11 PM
I'd like McGregor, Hanlon, Gunnarson, Bartey, McGeouch and McGinn to be here still.

The rest I couldn't give a **** about.

madhatter
13-05-2016, 10:17 PM
I'd like McGregor, Hanlon, Gunnarson, Bartey, McGeouch and McGinn to be here still.

The rest I couldn't give a **** about.

Why care about those? If they don't fit in to a Championship winning team next season, get rid of them. Loyalty to players is not what we need, we need a winning team that give 100% for this club. Falkirk players showed more tonight and McGregor, Hanlon, Bartley, Dylan "Crippled" McGeouch, and McGinn lacked that drive and did not snap into challenges like they did. that long throw worked its way through our box and with 3 of our players at where it landed, their player got to it first...

Stokesy's on fire
13-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Henderson is class as is stokes I hope stokes joins us next season but i doubt it now

madhatter
13-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Henderson is class as is stokes I hope stokes joins us next season but i doubt it now

We do not need childhood heroes at the moment. We need winners. Henderson and Stokes have looked average in Championship against very poor teams. Showed glimpses of potential but nothing meriting breaking the bank to build a team around them.

Hibee Mac
13-05-2016, 10:27 PM
All I want (and all 90% of hibs fans have wanted since last season) is for us to buy good wingers who will get behind defences and whip in good balls. We have no balance to our midfield in this league without it.

This summer will be crucial, whoever the manager is needs to see what we are all seeing and do something about it!

Andy74
13-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Couldn't care less tonight which ones I ever see again.

TonyStokeprano
13-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Which players contracts expire at end of the season ?