PDA

View Full Version : Pre Match Tension

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Not felt like this before a game for a long time, my nerves are shattered, its what football is all about though.

dangermouse
13-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Not felt like this before a game for a long time, my nerves are shattered, its what football is all about though.

Wait until next Saturday :greengrin

Ilovehibs
13-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Yes- definite big match nerves today. For me, it's a mixture of huge tension and a strong desire to get the game started so we can get stuck right in to that mob and hopefully/pray God, do the business.
Come on Hibs, let's do this....please!!!

Think how great it will feel at full time to have knocked Houston's pseudo jambo cloggers out.
Worth all the nerves!
GGTTH

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Wait until next Saturday :greengrin

Wasnae as bad b4 Celtic, Hearts or RC finals.

CallumLaidlaw
13-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Wasnae as bad b4 Celtic, Hearts or RC finals.

I definitely feel worse today than I did before the Ross County & Celtic games.
I haven't been able to stop thinking about tonight since the game finished on Tuesday. I've hardly thought about the Cup Final.

Craig_in_Prague
13-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Relatively relaxed at the moment, we didn't win on Tuesday but we showed clearly who the better side is. I think Falkirk know it too, hence they try all their dirty tricks.
If C. Thomson doesn't let his corrupt side surface tonight, then I feel we'll beat them. The team will be up for it, we just need to finally be more clinical. Stokes and Cummings both to score.
GGTTH

legends of 73
13-05-2016, 01:11 PM
I've had 3 nervous 💩'S already and the bus doesn't leave for another 3 hrs. God knows what I'll be like next week

CallumLaidlaw
13-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Relatively relaxed at the moment, we didn't win on Tuesday but we showed clearly who the better side is. I think Falkirk know it too, hence they try all their dirty tricks.
If C. Thomson doesn't let his corrupt side surface tonight, then I feel we'll beat them. The team will be up for it, we just need to finally be more clinical. Stokes and Cummings both to score.
GGTTH

I'd maybe feel better if we hadn't been repeating this line for the last 2 seasons

Waxy
13-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Big nerves, are we going to the playoff final? Will i get a ticket for the cup final? Will we go up? Will we stay down? Will we win the cup? Plus the matches we've just been through. It's no easy this.

Craig_in_Prague
13-05-2016, 01:14 PM
I'd maybe feel better if we hadn't been repeating this line for the last 2 seasons

yes, I know...... we're victims of our own failure nearly every time......if we could avoid soft goals at one end, and be a bit more clinical at the other, we'd be a hell of a team.

Still, got to fancy JC or Stokes to deliver tonight, or anyone really, just score more than them please Hibs!

Albanian Hibs
13-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Getting ready to open up a cider now as nerves starting to kick in

Bristolhibby
13-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Have not really been thinking about it as I'm at work.

Beginning to get the jitters.

Part of me wants to turn the telly off and just do something else for the duration, like I did on Saturday. Until I started getting Betfair giving me updates.

J

SteveHFC
13-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Surprisingly calm for now. No doubt later on when heading to the game i'll be nervous. Really big night for us.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Getting ready to open up a cider now as nerves starting to kick in

Its not helping me although I'll keep trying! Due to arrive in Falkirk in 5 mins.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Just passed the stadium on the choo choo.

Just Jimmy
13-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Yeah. It's all I've thought about since Tuesday. I'm at work but it's dragging. At least its on tv tonight rather than the radio.

Please hibs. Just please.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
13-05-2016, 01:38 PM
I am recording the match so will be avoiding the outcome until about midnight, sit down and watch it then.

Scorrie
13-05-2016, 01:39 PM
I've had 3 nervous 💩'S already and the bus doesn't leave for another 3 hrs. God knows what I'll be like next week

Five stone lighter?😀

HiBremian
13-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Tension? Aye a bit. But anger in bucketloads :furious:. Don't think I've ever felt so angry about an opposing team and their dirty anti-fitba tricks for decades. It'll feel so good if we can pump these cheatin barstewards tonight and watch jambo Houston's heid explode like a Day of the Jackal watermelon. :flag:

DH1875
13-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Just passed the stadium on the choo choo.

Didn't think their stadium was anywhere near the train lines :confused:.

dangermouse
13-05-2016, 02:04 PM

Sometimes watching the goods trains roll past is more entertaining that the football. Truck counting, give it a try tonight :greengrin

FastEddieFelson
13-05-2016, 02:06 PM
what boozers will people be watching it in?

hibspayne
13-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Living in Fife and having to visit Falkirk office this week has added to the tension, they all know who my team are and they have taken great pleasure in winding me up after the first game. All "banter" thus far... and banter is key to me in "My" football life, I want us to win, I hope we win, I would love us to Win. If we dont then what we CANNOT do is turn our back on them, early on in the Season we looked a good team and we have slowly but surely stumbled, Why? well read all the other threads for that. Now is the time to support the players all the way. 2 cup finals in one season, when did that last happen? Joint top with Rangers early on in the season, and now all the banter of "Hibsing it"... I am a Hibee, I will always be a Hibee now Stubbs and Co... go out there and be the team we will talk about for years to come.... I have faith and if there is one thing I have seen from ALL our players this season is passion......Let that rule the pitch today and what will be, will be..... All i know is i will always be a Hibee

GGTTH :thumbsup::flag:

JimBHibees
13-05-2016, 02:08 PM

Dont think it is :greengrin

Pete
13-05-2016, 02:11 PM

Maybe it's just dawned on him that he's got on the Glenrothes train by mistake.

Moulin Yarns
13-05-2016, 02:15 PM

Tracks go by the ground as far as Grangemouth, but not passenger trains. I think you can see the ground from line between Polmont and Falkirk Grahamston, but I wouldn't say it passed the ground

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 02:23 PM

Its well within sight on the way to Falkirk G.

Since90+2
13-05-2016, 02:26 PM
You can see the ground on the trainline in the distance but its a good walk to the ground from the station.

SJM
13-05-2016, 02:27 PM
This is unbearable to be honest. Massive massive night for us and this time next week it's the day before the Scottish.

HibsNutter
13-05-2016, 02:33 PM
It's certainly been a rollercoaster of a season anyway.

offshorehibby
13-05-2016, 02:37 PM
You see the ground from the main Edinburgh/Glasgow line just before it gets into Falkirk High.

DH1875
13-05-2016, 02:41 PM
You see the ground from the main Edinburgh/Glasgow line just before it gets into Falkirk High.

Aye way binoculars.

Edson Arantes
13-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Absolutely shredded waiting on this game.

Much more concerned about this than the Cup Final.

:flag:

lyonhibs
13-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Local pub confirmed they'll show it for me here in Zurich.

Don't really get nervous about games any more until I see the green + white strips out on the pitch, then I'm a bundle of nervous energy for the whole game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Tracks go by the ground as far as Grangemouth, but not passenger trains. I think you can see the ground from line between Polmont and Falkirk Grahamston, but I wouldn't say it passed the ground

If as you say you can see it what would you say then?

Sean1875
13-05-2016, 03:05 PM
wish time would just hurry up now, sick of the waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Worst I've felt for a long time. It's like derby nerves. Mixture of it being a huge game, an entire other season in this pishy league at stake, a bizarrely deep rooted hatred for Falkirk that never existed two years ago, the thought of seeing smug Houston celebrating and the complete and utter injustice I'm still feeling from Tues. I want us to win so so much

CallumLaidlaw
13-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Worst I've felt for a long time. It's like derby nerves. Mixture of it being a huge game, an entire other season in this pishy league at stake, a bizarrely deep rooted hatred for Falkirk that never existed two years ago, the thought of seeing smug Houston celebrating and the complete and utter injustice I'm still feeling from Tues. I want us to win so so much

Pretty much how I feel. Still raging from Tuesday, and Houston and Falkirk fans have done very well to create a false rivalry between the clubs.

Aldo
13-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Nerves are kicking in.

Tough night ahead but we can do this.

pacoluna
13-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Absolutely shredded waiting on this game.

Much more concerned about this than the Cup Final.

Not for me, as big a match as this is next week is bigger for me. I fully expect us to dispatch falkirk tonight, similar performance to the last game of last season will do.

Moulin Yarns
13-05-2016, 03:14 PM
If as you say you can see it what would you say then?

Is that Falkirk stadium away in the distance, near Grangemouth??

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Did you see it as you passed it? then my point was correct.

hibs0666
13-05-2016, 03:20 PM
In Falkirk now and hoping a few beers will ease the nerves.

This is a great opportunity for the club to start paying us back after some dreadful seasons - let's hope that it is taken.

SlickShoes
13-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Too busy at work for nerves, sort of expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

I'll predict 3-0 again, hope i'm finally correct.

paddy1875
13-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Just landed in the wetherspoons in Falkirk now! First pint! Moooooan the cabbage!

pacoluna
13-05-2016, 03:28 PM
why are we all so nervous .. relax we will get the job done comfortably tonight, as some people think that this forum directly attributes to players performances don't you think a tensed atmosphere at the game will effect the players? Enjoy the game get behind them from the first minute and we will come through this.

Albanian Hibs
13-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Leaving in 25 mins. Lets get this done Hibs!

One Day Soon
13-05-2016, 03:38 PM
a) It's very important we are clear on whether or not you can see the ground from the train, the train from the ground and whether in either (or both) cases the trains involved are passenger trains, goods trains or passenger and goods trains.

b) We are going to be stitched up tonight some how. I can feel it coming. I'll guess a ludicrous red card from Thomson.

GreenLake
13-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Just had a massive breakfast at Pann's. Dry cleaners, grocery store then watch a Friday the 13th nightmare for Houston. Hopefully anyway.

Aldo
13-05-2016, 03:42 PM
a) It's very important we are clear on whether or not you can see the ground from the train, the train from the ground and whether in either (or both) cases the trains involved are passenger trains, goods trains or passenger and goods trains. b) We are going to be stitched up tonight some how. I can feel it coming. I'll guess a ludicrous red card from Thomson.

ODS

I will leave your point a to others however you have a very valid point b.

Cheat needs to be strong this evening however we MUST stay disciplined.

I expect some rough tactics early on from them to try and get in about Dylan and co in the middle of the park.

Let's just go out there, stand tall, stay strong, be professional and don't let the *******s bully us!!

Allant1981
13-05-2016, 03:58 PM

Might be able to see it passing through polmont?

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Waiting patiently for hibees to turn up in The Railway Tavern, not sure if you can see the ground from here or not, the sun has finally come out to play though.

GreenCastle
13-05-2016, 04:01 PM
I am feeling more confident than a few weeks ago.

The first 20 mins of the 2nd half were very good on Tuesday.

These players have the quality to win this - the Hibs fans need to arrive early and be vocal - will make a massive difference.

First goal is going to important - I really hope we are clinical and don't allow Falkirk to disrupt us to much.

Come on Hibs we can do it!

sleeping giant
13-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Is that Falkirk stadium away in the distance, near Grangemouth??

:not worth

:hilarious

SteveHFC
13-05-2016, 04:25 PM
£5 on Hendo anytime and hibs to win 2-1. :hyper

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 04:29 PM
The beer garden at the graeme hotel is a very pleasant environment.

Vault Boy
13-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Thankfully I've had a distractingly busy day, with a fair bit of travelling to do - however my journey is coming to an end soon and I know I'll be giddy and nervous in equal measure. Mon the Hibees.

rotherhamrob
13-05-2016, 04:42 PM
why are we all so nervous .. relax we will get the job done comfortably tonight, as some people think that this forum directly attributes to players performances don't you think a tensed atmosphere at the game will effect the players? Enjoy the game get behind them from the first minute and we will come through this.

I'm nervous because if they happen to beat us,Houston will be lauded as some sort of tactical genius when we all know he's nothing but a pri##.
It also has to be said that most of the sportsound team will be creaming themselves.
Come on hibs let's spoil their weekend and ruin the little speeches and digs which have probably been prepared in advance.

Pretty Boy
13-05-2016, 04:44 PM
It's a mental mindset to have but I always feel if I'm not at a game then the outcome may have been different if I had been.

I'm probably more nervous about this because I'm not going and unable to watch it, I'm relying on here and the beeb, than I would have been if I was there or even watching on TV.

This is huge, I just hope we get the job done and I can start planning a midweek trip to Kilmarnock.

Scottie
13-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Feeling sick as a dog all day. Nervous as heck.

Come on the cabbage. :flag:

heidtheba
13-05-2016, 04:58 PM
I just hope that I don't log in here later and find that it's member's only and you have to log in. Stomach always drops to the floor when I see that after a big game. Almost always means the place is in meltdown.
PLEASE let's get a result tonight.

Hibeesforever
13-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Nervous heading to watch the game, although more adrenaline at the prospect of a great Hibernian performance. Let's win this tie Hibs.

Unseen work
13-05-2016, 05:17 PM
The past couple of weeks/ months iv became even more obsessed with hibs than normal.

It feels like every waking moment I'm counting down to game day feeling hyped for it and very very nervous.

I can't deal with another season in this league, to the extent that I won't be able to fully celebrate the Scottish cup win (if we win it)until the second leg of the play offs if we get there.

In fact I'm honestly not bothered or focused on the Scottish cup final at all at this moment.

All I want is promotion.

If we do get promoted it will feel more relief than anything, I feel drained from the amount of nerves I have had lately.

I hope the players are the same.

highland hibbee
13-05-2016, 05:20 PM
The beer garden at the graeme hotel is a very pleasant environment.

Stayed there a few times when on courses at Applus in Grangemouth, very pleasant folk who work there and a good pint.

Ronniekirk
13-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Not nervous at all Think there must be something wrong with me
No doubt that will change once game kicks off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunshineOnLeith
13-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Falkirk won't have a clue how to play it tonight, since a draw isn't good enough for them and that's all they've aspired to against us all season.

Can see a relatively comfortable win for Hibs, something like 2-0 without Falkirk really laying a glove on us.

offshorehibby
13-05-2016, 05:26 PM
With the games coming thick and fast, i'm loosing track of which day games are on, coupled with the fact i've been busy the last couple of days so not had time to get nervous.

GGTTH

Pete
13-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Starting to get nervous about my mobdro connection.

I don't want to have to resort to listening to the snivelling pro-hearts mob on the BBC.

Waxy
13-05-2016, 05:46 PM
I know we are far better than them. It's luck and the ref that are making me feel sick just now. Cmon the Hibees.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Theres about 25 Stone Island clad locals that look like they wouldnae know what to do if a punch was launched at them!

OsloHibs
13-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Show no fear. We can do this.

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Theres about 25 Stone Island clad locals that look like they wouldnae know what to do if a punch was launched at them!

maybe the bairns falkirk fans sing about

Allant1981
13-05-2016, 06:05 PM

Thats just a normal gathering in falkirk!!

RIP
13-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Our fans need to show no sign of nerves during the match. No howls or groans at misplaced passes.

Watched Sunderland fans recently. 100% support for the whole game they really were the 12th man.

GGTTH

Hillsidehibby
13-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Come on Hibs. Only three more games after this.

Hillsidehibby
13-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Falkirk won't have a clue how to play it tonight, since a draw isn't good enough for them and that's all they've aspired to against us all season.

Can see a relatively comfortable win for Hibs, something like 2-0 without Falkirk really laying a glove on us.

:agree:

O'Rourke3
13-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Half time and this is the worst ive been all day

Sent via the bushes @ EM