PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson's Attitude

poolman
12-05-2016, 08:55 PM
IMO this guy has an unbelievable fantastic attitude at Hibs

For a loanee its great to watch his enthusiasm and commitment to his year at Hibs

Would love another year from him ☺

bigwheel
12-05-2016, 09:00 PM

For a loanee its great to watch his enthusiasm and commitment to his year at Hibs

Got to agree with that - so different from some of our loanees from recent seasons. Top class attitude - will help him go far

FromTheCapital
12-05-2016, 09:05 PM
If I'm honest, I think we can add Stokes to this list too.

He does a power of running and is always looking for the ball.

Hendo is great but I reckon he'll be in the Celtic picture next season.

Great to see two loanees giving their all for the football club :aok:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
12-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Absolutely. Just look at his reaction when he scored... Hope he stays around for a wee while.

staunchhibby
12-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Both have a fantastic atitude towards hibs

rcarter1
12-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Surely a big player for Scotland before long. Huge player.

eastterrace
12-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Absolutely. Just look at his reaction when he scored... Hope he stays around for a wee while. even if he doesn't stay he is one player if he came back and played against us I wouldn't give him any verbals just due to his attitude playing for us , pure brilliant.

SJM
12-05-2016, 09:24 PM
I reckon he will be back next year.

He's really taken to us too and I hope he has an amazing career.

Glorious St Pat
12-05-2016, 09:28 PM
I reckon he will be back next year.

He's really taken to us too and I hope he has an amazing career.

Heard a few mutterings that this could well be the case but with a new manager, potentially both ways, could scupper any deal. Fantastic attitude,

erin go bragh
12-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Surely a big player for Scotland before long. Huge player.

I've heard his younger brother is better .
Who is also at Celtic . Tell you what , he must be some player as Liam is class .

GGTTH

FranckSuzy
12-05-2016, 09:35 PM
I've heard his younger brother is better .
Who is also at Celtic . Tell you what , he must be some player as Liam is class .

GGTTH

I've heard that unfortunately his younger brother has a medical condition that would prevent him from playing 90 mins.

FranckSuzy
12-05-2016, 09:38 PM

:agree: When he takes a corner between the FF and West, he always tries to get the crowd going :thumbsup: Also, 'water bottle gate' at Raith last week was :top marks :greengrin

matty_f
12-05-2016, 09:40 PM
:agree: When he takes a corner between the FF and West, he always tries to get the crowd going :thumbsup: Also, 'water bottle gate' at Raith last week was :top marks :greengrin

:agree:

Henderson is class.

hibsboy69
12-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Great energy from the lad.......coupled with great ability.

His corners are brilliant also (assists against both Raith & Fudkirk).

In Hendo We Trust :agree:

Captain Trips
12-05-2016, 10:36 PM
.......will see him rise to the top of the game.

monktonharp
12-05-2016, 10:40 PM
fantastic young player with 100% effort every game. he's won MoM several times for good reason. going far.

Criswell
12-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Even when he is having an off-day he refuses to hide and keeps trying his heart out. Has a superb attitude!

Booked4Being-Ugly
12-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Henderson and Hibs have been a good fit for each other and his attitude has been 100% spot on.

Would love for him to stay another season at Hibs as it looks like he's genuinely loved every minute of his time here!

Could even become a Hibs legend as a loanee! :pray:

Mibbes Aye
12-05-2016, 11:02 PM
I've seen his pace questioned on here which seems churlish because his workrate and attitude are absolutely tremendous and he's not short on skill.

We are his second loan club and as good as he is, at 20, if Celtc had plans for him I think he would be there, not here.

I would be very, very happy to see him stay on at Easter Road and I think their managerial situation might suit us - I suspect they will go with someone with more of a track record than Deila, if they can attract him, and the consequence will be that they will have to maximise the player budget they give the new manager, meaning Henderson will fall out of contention just because the bar gets lifted higher.

The irony would be if we picked him up, he continued to develop and ended up being a transfer target for them.......

Ronniekirk
12-05-2016, 11:05 PM
The guy is a born winner and thats what we need in the Falkirk game 11 winners out on the park

Centre Hawf
13-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Absolute quality player, really enjoyed watching him play this season in both his attitude and his overall skill and performances. Feel like if we had waited to the end of the season to vote on the awards Henderson would have had a better shot at POTY. In recent months he's really been a talismanic type out on that park at times, especially during the bad turn.

Would love to see him sign permanently but like many others have already said, the boy is destined for bigger and greater things than ourselves sadly. The potential Celtic have in him is just staggering, if he doesn't make it then they need to reevaluate how they're progressing lads like him.

Think McGinn and Henderson are potential Scotland pairings.

Roxyhibee
13-05-2016, 07:49 AM
I've heard that unfortunately his younger brother has a medical condition that would prevent him from playing 90 mins.

The middle brother has a medical condition but is still a very fit positive guy.

The youngest brother has just signed with Celtic - and he is the player to watch apparently.! Even Liam raves about him..

SJM
13-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Heard a few mutterings that this could well be the case but with a new manager, potentially both ways, could scupper any deal. Fantastic attitude,

Let's hope so and the new manager sees the benefit of having him here next year. It could also depend on who our manager is and the relations he has with the player and club too. Would like to get it sorted ASAP regardless.

hibs69
13-05-2016, 08:02 AM
The only night I heard him getting some verbals was the midweek defeat to Morton, where we had 3 hundred and 58 million corners and all were the same..... Right into the keepers hands. One guy near me in the East was almost having aneurisms, veins popping all over the place. Thankfully he lost his voice in the second half.

Would love Hendo at ER next season. He is a class act.

dangermouse
13-05-2016, 08:05 AM
The middle brother has a medical condition but is still a very fit positive guy.

The youngest brother has just signed with Celtic - and he is the player to watch apparently.! Even Liam raves about him..

One of them, I'm assuming the middle one, is at college with my son doing sports coaching.

superfurryhibby
13-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Fantastic player, who clearly enjoys playing football at Hibs. He has the attributes to have an excellent career, particularly if he can add a bit more of a goal threat. Love his attitude and the way he interacts with the fans, shows how much of a winner the guy is.

Als agree about the earlier comment about Stokes, he shows his committment in every game he plays.

It's that fighting spirit which is needed iin order to deliver what we are all dreaming of just now. Possibly the most promising week in my 45 years of supporting the Hibs.

Bound for glory!

FranckSuzy
13-05-2016, 08:40 AM

Thanks for that, wasn't aware there were 3 brothers :aok: Jeez, the youngest must be some player then :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
13-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Celtic must be absolutely delighted with the fantastic attitude Liam has shown from the word go at Hibs, but if they deem him surplus to requirements I would be over the moon to see him sign a deal with us.

Unfortunately there must be other clubs keeping an eye on him, he could easily be a future full international player. To my mind he has an almost continental style and I could see him making it abroad if the chance arose.

Whatever happens, I will always applaud him if he returns to ER with another team .... unless its the Yams or Ugly sisters, in which case I'll keep the abuse to a minimum :greengrin

hfcnic
13-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Really hope he is with us next season, would be weird to not have him now seen as he has played such a big part.

Future17
13-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Some contrast between the attitude and work rate of Henderson and Stokes versus some of the other loanees we've had in recent years, particularly under Fenlon.

Keep up the good work lads! :aok:

Unseen work
13-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Think we could get him back on loan as for me he isn't good enough to start for celtic yet.

Allan and Christie are both better imo but don't appear to get much of a chance.

Wonder if we could get christie on loan next season or callum mcgregor? Would be fantastic signings

Brizo
13-05-2016, 12:01 PM

His attitude is similarly exemplary off the pitch. I know that he has visited his old primary school twice in the last few months to speak to the kids. That's something he 's done off his own back, not a PR requirement set by the club. Seems a really grounded lad with the backing of a good family.

Sean1875
13-05-2016, 12:02 PM
really amazing to see how much of a connection he seems to have made with our club, brilliant to see. Praying we can get him back next year, from a Celtic point of view it would make perfect sense for him to come back here next year on loan if he's not in their plans- getting game time, developing as a player and obviously loves it here.. win win all round. time will tell thoigh!

Seveno
13-05-2016, 01:07 PM
We've got Hendo
Super Liam Hendo
i just don't think you understand
He might be Celtic's man
But he's better that than any wan
We've got Super Liam Hendo.

Eurovision Song Contest quality, I believe. :greengrin

Roxyhibee
13-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Thanks for that, wasn't aware there were 3 brothers :aok: Jeez, the youngest must be some player then :thumbsup:

I know.! Never seen him play but they all rave about him, as I said including Liam.

Think he was in the Celtic team 4 nil youth final thrashing of Rangers a few weeks ago. Just been offered a full contract.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-05-2016, 02:55 PM
I said last week that he celebrated his goal like a die hard hibby

Ronster117
13-05-2016, 05:05 PM
If I'm honest, I think we can add Stokes to this list too.

He does a power of running and is always looking for the ball.

Hendo is great but I reckon he'll be in the Celtic picture next season.

Great to see two loanees giving their all for the football club :aok:

this 100%

judas
13-05-2016, 05:09 PM

My player of the year.

Jones28
13-05-2016, 05:24 PM
His grandad was a hibee I think?

greenlex
13-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Think we could get him back on loan as for me he isn't good enough to start for celtic yet.

Allan and Christie are both better imo but don't appear to get much of a chance.

Wonder if we could get christie on loan next season or callum mcgregor? Would be fantastic signings

I believe we were offered McGregor but wanted Henderson. We held the aces in the deal to get Allan go to parkhead.

SteveHFC
13-05-2016, 11:46 PM
Good luck to him next season if he gets a chance at Celtic.

Been one of our best players all season and his passion has been amazing.

The Harp Awakes
13-05-2016, 11:49 PM

A good player with a great attitude and still very young. One of Stubbs best signings along with McGinn and McGregor.

Greencore
13-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Been a pleasure to see him play for us this season, if he goes back to Celtic good luck to him.

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Appreciation song on sat?

"So here's to you Liam Henderson,
The Hibees love you more than you can know,
Oh oh oh ohhhh"

hibsbollah
14-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Just imagine if he stayed. But he's too good for this level.

DH1875
14-05-2016, 11:29 PM

Think Celtic will send him out on loan again. Unfortunately I cant see it being with us. Probs an SPL side like Dundee.

heretoday
14-05-2016, 11:38 PM
We need more Hendersons.

We need to sign winners not losers.

MWHIBBIES
15-05-2016, 12:09 AM
We need more Hendersons.

We need to sign winners not losers.What losers have we signed like?

broondog
15-05-2016, 12:12 AM
class act but celtic will take him back id say

h185forever
15-05-2016, 08:33 AM
I actually think this division is a better learning ground for him than the SPL.

he is having to face determined defending in numbers and that means he has to work in a tighter more demanding environment.

He will get more time in the SPL and if anything will find it easier.

Personally I think he has been a revelation here and I'd give my left baw to keep him....In fact ....have them both ...he's that good

Thank you Liam ....you're not a star in the making ....you're already one !!

GGTTH

15-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Some contrast between the attitude and work rate of Henderson and Stokes versus some of the other loanees we've had in recent years, particularly under Fenlon.

Keep up the good work lads! :aok:

Was just about to post the exact same thing! The attitude, particularly of Henderson is absolutely first class, he really cares. Compare that to Fenlons 2012 cup final team, a team full of gutless loanee no marks who couldn't give a ****. I believe Matt Doherty's comments on twitter after the final pretty much confirmed that.

We absolutely need that passion in the side, its something that has been badly missing for a long time at hibs, players that want to fight for the jersey.