PDA

View Full Version : On this day in 2013

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-05-2016, 07:46 PM
https://youtu.be/p-N79B-rTP4

rcarter1
12-05-2016, 07:52 PM
https://youtu.be/p-N79B-rTP4

We need some of that composure/class/skill in front of goal on Friday. Im not sure which celebration was the best either, the ten man pile up, or the nonchalant 'Ive just scored the winner in the derby' limber from Ross - (where is he now?) Caldwell

Awesome goals, great game. :agree:

Ryan91
12-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Remember listening to the tail end of the game on the radio, the commentators were so gutted when Caldwell scored the winner that I didn't even know we'd scored, remember going mental when I realised he'd scored the winner.

SJM
12-05-2016, 08:19 PM
That free kick. Birdseye view, scenes, utter utter scenes.

Jonnyboy
12-05-2016, 09:01 PM
We need some of that composure/class/skill in front of goal on Friday. Im not sure which celebration was the best either, the ten man pile up, or the nonchalant 'Ive just scored the winner in the derby' limber from Ross - (where is he now?) Caldwell

Awesome goals, great game. :agree:

Cowdenbeath, I believe

greenlex
12-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Cowdenbeath, I believe

Is he following Nishy out the door?

Jonnyboy
12-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Is he following Nishy out the door?

Dunno, A but the laddie scored one of the most skilful goals you could ever wish to see when he nailed the winner v the tramps :greengrin

3pm
12-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Dunno, A but the laddie scored one of the most skilful goals you could ever wish to see when he nailed the winner v the tramps :greengrin

A waste JB.

Jonnyboy
12-05-2016, 09:29 PM
A waste JB.

Yep, a real shame :agree:

3pm
12-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Yep, a real shame :agree:

Don't think it was technical ability that held him back either.

SJM
12-05-2016, 09:40 PM

Nah. Outrageous attitude. Shame but these things happen.

Diclonius
12-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Cowdenbeath, I believe

Scored one goal in 14 games in League One, not the best.

His attitude could best be summed up by him posting said goal about a year afterwards with the caption "back when I used to give a ****". Apparently displeased at not being a first team regular. :rolleyes:

theonlywayisup
12-05-2016, 09:46 PM

Looking back, what's everyone's view of his appearance then substitution in the Ross County game. At the time most were praising Butcher but what now?

Argylehibby
12-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Looking back, what's everyone's view of his appearance then substitution in the Ross County game. At the time most were praising Butcher but what now?

One of the few things Butcher got right.

G B Young
12-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Oxley gets a hard time when you see Williams' first-half blunders in that game!

Harris looked a real player back then.

And Griffiths. Just sensational. The guy hits a ball better than anyone in the Scottish game.

Pete
12-05-2016, 09:52 PM

:agree:

I would have hooked him too if I was the manager. After two minutes he was either blowing out of his erse or simply couldn't be bothered chasing. Not good enough either way.

theonlywayisup
12-05-2016, 09:54 PM

But was it the right thing to do to a young player? Could he not have made the same point behind closed doors. Did the action have a positive effect on Caldwell or the latter? Would it have made any difference to the young lads career?

The more I think about it, probably not. But who knows?

Argylehibby
12-05-2016, 10:02 PM
But was it the right thing to do to a young player? Could he not have made the same point behind closed doors. Did the action have a positive effect on Caldwell or the latter? Would it have made any difference to the young lads career?

The more I think about it, probably not. But who knows?

The issue was we were clinging on to a 1 goal lead and were down to 10 men. We couldn't afford the luxury of him not trying a leg. If he had stayed on and we lost that lead / game there's not many of us who were there that day that would have given a thought to his future career.

IberianHibernian
12-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Oxley gets a hard time when you see Williams' first-half blunders in that game!

Harris looked a real player back then.

And Griffiths. Just sensational. The guy hits a ball better than anyone in the Scottish game.Agree . Though Williams was fantastic the previous season . Harris looks great there ( pace and skill ) . If he could recover that form , he`d be our best summer signing whatever league we`re in next year .