PDA

View Full Version : I will not care....

Captain Trips
11-05-2016, 10:54 PM
I just want us to win our matches and always the right way, I do not care now how we win over the next few weeks. Sick of being on wrong end of cheating and pish decisions in key games.

I do not give a toss how we win them now.

jamieross
11-05-2016, 11:00 PM
I normally want Hibs to win playing the 'right' way but just this once I'd like us to win in the last minute with a penalty from a John McGinn dive. Would be great viewing to see mr potato head explode.

oneone73
12-05-2016, 06:20 AM
I normally want Hibs to win playing the 'right' way but just this once I'd like us to win in the last minute with a penalty from a John McGinn dive. Would be great viewing to see mr potato head explode.

John McGinn doesn't dive.

ehf
12-05-2016, 07:58 AM
John McGinn doesn't dive.

And there is no chance whatsoever of Craig Ulysses Nigel Thomson awarding us a penalty.

LithgaeHibby
12-05-2016, 08:06 AM
I was at Brokenville in Feb 1999 when Derek Collins (?) hit a speculative long-range effort which hit off den Bieman, looped into the air and sailed over the head of the hapless Falkirk goalkeeper. That shower, who had been snapping at our heels all season, were killed off that day. Another one of those would do me nicely.

Off the bar
12-05-2016, 08:25 AM
I was at Brokenville in Feb 1999 when Derek Collins (?) hit a speculative long-range effort which hit off den Bieman, looped into the air and sailed over the head of the hapless Falkirk goalkeeper. That shower, who had been snapping at our heels all season, were killed off that day. Another one of those would do me nicely.

Sir Frank Sauzees debut I believe

Killiehibbie
12-05-2016, 08:32 AM
I'd be quite happy if we turned into nasty, cheating *******s to win the next 4 games.

lucky
12-05-2016, 08:34 AM
What happened to Hibs class?

Killiehibbie
12-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Sometimes you just have to do what is necessary in the situation you find yourself in and if that means stooping to their level then so be it.

greenlex
12-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Id rather the officials just did a proper job for once. I'd like to see us win all the games left with a bit of pace and style. Winning by cheating would take a bit of the shine off it all.

Stevie Reid
12-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Sir Frank Sauzees debut I believe

Correct. It was Sir Franck's half volleyed back heel that set up the Collins shot.

lyonhibs
12-05-2016, 09:29 AM

"Hibs Class" is a notion constructed in our mind that - at least on the footballing field - is a load of cobblers.

Conduct in the boardroom and supporters (although anyone who's been to Tynecastle will have a struggle to see what class "Hibs class" actually is) is perhaps different but on the football field we need to win games and if a huge stroke of luck or a nasty, aggressive performance (the type that our opposition has known is effective against us for at least a decade or 2) is what that takes from time to time, so be it.

pacoluna
12-05-2016, 09:33 AM
"Hibs Class" is a notion constructed in our mind that - at least on the footballing field - is a load of cobblers.

Conduct in the boardroom and supporters (although anyone who's been to Tynecastle will have a struggle to see what class "Hibs class" actually is) is perhaps different but on the football field we need to win games and if a huge stroke of luck or a nasty, aggressive performance (the type that our opposition has known is effective against us for at least a decade or 2) is what that takes from time to time, so be it.

:agree:

Diclonius
12-05-2016, 09:45 AM
When's the last time we last effectively used a hard-tackling physical long ball approach? Every manager we've had that employed it (Williamson, Mixu, Calderwood, Fenlon to an extend) fared very poorly and were out on their arse sooner rather than later.

Isloated examples could be the 0-3 at Ibrox under Calderwood, but I'm struggling to think of any more.

pacoluna
12-05-2016, 09:56 AM
When's the last time we last effectively used a hard-tackling physical long ball approach? Every manager we've had that employed it (Williamson, Mixu, Calderwood, Fenlon to an extend) fared very poorly and were out on their arse sooner rather than later.

Isloated examples could be the 0-3 at Ibrox under Calderwood, but I'm struggling to think of any more.

alex Mcleish's team had a bit of steel with the likes of yogi, Mathius jack and big mixu up top, however also had a bit of flare with latapy, sauzee, brebner and the likes. Its about having the rite balance and being able to adapt to different kinds of opposition and styles which we have lacked in recent years.

CallumLaidlaw
12-05-2016, 09:58 AM

I think this side has shown that they are capable of being gritty, sitting in and catching on the counter when required (3-2 against Rangers recently) and I think thats exactly how we'll need to play next Saturday. Not necessarily long ball, but a more direct style of play, giving up a lot of the possession. What clubs tend to do to us basically.

Steve20
12-05-2016, 10:34 AM
I just want us to win our matches and always the right way, I do not care now how we win over the next few weeks. Sick of being on wrong end of cheating and pish decisions in key games.

I do not give a toss how we win them now.

That should have been the way from day one in this league. Doesn't matter how you win as long as you do enough to get promoted.

SJM
12-05-2016, 10:47 AM
That should have been the way from day one in this league. Doesn't matter how you win as long as you do enough to get promoted.

Yep. And if the unthinkable happens over the next few days we must set up like this next season.