PDA

View Full Version : Question Last Nights Attendance

Keyser Sauzee
11-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Not seen it anywhere so can anyone enlighten me please? I was sitting right up the back middle of the East and it seemed full but can't really tell sitting in it, the West and FF still had quite a few seats left.

green&left
11-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Not seen it anywhere so can anyone enlighten me please? I was sitting right up the back middle of the East and it seemed full but can't really tell sitting in it, the West and FF still had quite a few seats left.

11830. 1500 away fans.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2016, 08:07 PM

1500 Raith fans.

Keyser Sauzee
11-05-2016, 08:09 PM

1500 Raith fans.

Why were they supporting Falkirk?? :wink:

Pretty Boy
11-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Why were they supporting Falkirk?? :wink:
Oops.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-05-2016, 08:24 PM
So roughly double the amount that just turned up to see two top four teams in the SPL.

hibee1875
11-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Disgrace so little fans showed up for such an important match. You could see how much the team drove on when the stands were rocking after the goals.

No wonder away fans sing what a *****y home support. They're right.

No wonder the rangers fans are getting their knickers in a twist over cup final allocation

cabbageandribs1875
11-05-2016, 08:30 PM
1600 Raith fans

*1500 Falkirk fans

we should have sang what a s**tey away support last night

* of which were 250 obsessed yamboids...thanks for the money though freakazoids

Hibs Class
11-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Disgrace so little fans showed up for such an important match. You could see how much the team drove on when the stands were rocking after the goals.

No wonder the rangers fans are getting their knickers in a twist over cup final allocation

Hear this pish regularly from the ugly sisters, never expected to hear it from a hibby.

green day
11-05-2016, 08:32 PM

What I wonder is why you think it's a disgrace?

*****y support? Only Jambo's and 6 fingered banjo strumming inbreds would be singing about that.

If you are worried about your rangers chums, just don't bother going to the final.

hibee1875
11-05-2016, 08:34 PM
[/B]
Hear this pish regularly from the ugly sisters, never expected to hear it from a hibby.

For the record I agree 100% that a national final should be split 50/50.

hibee1875
11-05-2016, 08:37 PM
What I wonder is why you think it's a disgrace?

*****y support? Only Jambo's and 6 fingered banjo strumming inbreds would be singing about that.

If you are worried about your rangers chums, just don't bother going to the final.

So you weren't there last night then given you didn't hear them sing it? How's it not a disgrace? Fans falling over themselves to get a cup final ticket but they can't be arsed coming along to the biggest game of the season so far at reduced rates??

I have no concerns for my Rangers chums. They're all level headed people who ticked the box on the season ticket form

hibee1875
11-05-2016, 08:39 PM
The argument is always "we won't sell out because of the price of tickets"

So do we have to reduce it to a fiver to get a sell out? Kids for a pound? Hibs pay your bus fair in?

green day
11-05-2016, 08:39 PM
So you weren't there last night then given you didn't hear them sing it? How's it not a disgrace? Fans falling over themselves to get a cup final ticket but they can't be arsed coming along to the biggest game of the season so far at reduced rates??

I have no concerns for my Rangers chums. They're all level headed people who ticked the box on the season ticket form

I was there, the fans that sang it have a stadium that takes 8000 and usually has about 3000 in it - so they are fuds.

As are hibbys who talk up any Rangers arguments over cup final tickets.

hibee1875
11-05-2016, 08:41 PM
I was there, the fans that sang it have a stadium that takes 8000 and usually has about 3000 in it - so they are fuds.

No bother buddy! I'll sit here in the corner with my Fud hat on. You sit over there with your green tinted specs on

superfurryhibby
11-05-2016, 08:43 PM

Well said Sir.

Huns = **** of the earth.

Hibernian Verse
11-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Well said Sir.

Huns = **** of the earth.
That they are but given their ***** season last year, I was impressed they managed to sell so many season tickets. Especially given Glasgow's (and Govan's in particular) demographics.

Season ticket holders are quite right to get annoyed that we have 13000 part timers going to the game but rules be rules and it's a 50/50 split in a national final where possible. Their fans had the chance to take a premium season which guaranteed them tickets to this (according to my pal).

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

jgl07
11-05-2016, 10:21 PM

Are you another **** stirrer or has your account been hijacked by a Yam?

We ought to be told!

BH Hibs
11-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Was the figure based off n tickets sold or people who attended because myself and a few others were having problems gaining access through the turnstiles in the east. My ST wouldn't scan but a steward scanned it with her handheld device and let me in through a gate. Don't know if that would've registered me attending.

Callum7
11-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Was the figure based off n tickets sold or people who attended because myself and a few others were having problems gaining access through the turnstiles in the east. My ST wouldn't scan but a steward scanned it with her handheld device and let me in through a gate. Don't know if that would've registered me attending.

The figure is based on how many tickets are scanned at the turnstiles.

BH Hibs
11-05-2016, 10:40 PM
The figure is based on how many tickets are scanned at the turnstiles.

Cheers. If that's the case then may have been a few more at the game, not talking about thousands though.

Penicuik Hibee
11-05-2016, 11:14 PM
I wasn't there as I work away from home 3 or 4 days a week and I couldn't plan to be in Edinburgh as there was no guarantee we would be playing. I am sure there are a good few more like me. But can tell you for sure, my heart was at ER and it was torture getting off plane and driving on the motorway checking the scores and my heart was thumping until the game was over.sure there are plenty more like me.

007 Mickey Weir
11-05-2016, 11:19 PM
What other team outside the ugly sisters would regularly attract over 10k home fans after they put us through what we get. I think our fans are brilliant at turning out through thick and thin. Football is expensive. People have to pick and chose. If we win on Friday I would expect over 15k home fans at the home Killie game and 4K at the away game.

Hearts get rubbish crowds in cup games. Aberdeen have only recently got good crowds after years of terrible crowds. The rest don't even come close to us.

FranckSuzy
11-05-2016, 11:22 PM
What other team outside the ugly sisters would regularly attract over 10k home fans after they put us through what we get. I think our fans are brilliant at turning out through thick and thin. Football is expensive. People have to pick and chose. If we will on Friday I would expect over 15k home fans at the home Killie game and 4K at the away game.

Hearts get rubbish crowds in cup games. Aberdeen have only recently got good crowds after years of terrible crowds. The rest don't even come close to us.

Well said :aok:

Borderhibbie76
12-05-2016, 08:09 AM
A lot of people ( a few I know) can't get out of work commitments at short notice and these play offs are coming around so quickly at short notice. So I reckon that's costing us at least 2 to 3 K off the attendances. ..remember most of the play offs last year were played at weekends not midweeks. It does scunner me tho that 20k plus are looking for cup final tickets. I actually let me 2nd ticket go for cup final as opposed to giving it to several people who asked me whom I know have ever set foot in ER this season. They can do one as far as I'm concerned...I'd rather it went to someone who is a walk up and supports the club when they can

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GreensesArab
12-05-2016, 08:25 AM

I fully agree with your first point. It's the business end of the season and I expected 12000 - 13000 home fans for this one. From the East it looked like the FF lower tier was half empty. And it didn't look good on the evening news highlights last night. I won't have been the only Hibee to feel slightly embarrassed at the amount of empty seats.

FranckSuzy
12-05-2016, 09:02 AM
I fully agree with your first point. It's the business end of the season and I expected 12000 - 13000 home fans for this one. From the East it looked like the FF lower tier was half empty. And it didn't look good on the evening news highlights last night. I won't have been the only Hibee to feel slightly embarrassed at the amount of empty seats.

Slightly embarrassed? Eh naw. What IS embarrassing are the clubs who publish lies about their attendances as they count ST holders who weren't there so the only time you get an accurate figure is for cup games.

The number of Hibs fans who did turn up was decent enough, IMHO, given the sheer number of games we've played recently plus the small matter of ANOTHER cup final appearance(plus it being mid-week so work/school/distance comes into play). Other teams can only dream of a season-end like ours, the bitter fools.

TrinityHibs
12-05-2016, 10:15 AM

What is it about numbers. I thought the atmosphere in the second half was as good as it gets. The place was bouncing after the second goal and it is fantastic to still have a live interest in 2 competitions in May. Look at Hertz apparently selling out every week yet their season ended when they blew a 2 0 lead in the cup with 10 minutes to go. Nobody was embarrassed around me just slightly frustrated:flag:

stoneyburn hibs
12-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Despite the scoreline the fans on Tuesday night got right behind the team. Didn't matter about the numbers, good atmosphere and we were even singing in the West.

JeMeSouviens
12-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Simple fact is a load of Hibbies are well and truly scunnered after the last few years of Butcher, relegation, failure to get promoted, getting a right kick in the teeth at numerous cup finals etc. etc.

I gave up my season ticket when we got relegated as I just wasn't enjoying it and I thought the club were taking the piss charging the same price for the 1st division. My kids weren't fussed about giving it up either. Once you get people out of the habit of going, it takes a bit to drag them back in.

You can only rely on duty and loyalty up to a point. The club has to make it an enjoyable experience or you'll end up with only the diehards.

scoopyboy
12-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Simple fact is a load of Hibbies are well and truly scunnered after the last few years of Butcher, relegation, failure to get promoted, getting a right kick in the teeth at numerous cup finals etc. etc.

I gave up my season ticket when we got relegated as I just wasn't enjoying it and I thought the club were taking the piss charging the same price for the 1st division. My kids weren't fussed about giving it up either. Once you get people out of the habit of going, it takes a bit to drag them back in.

You can only rely on duty and loyalty up to a point. The club has to make it an enjoyable experience or you'll end up with only the diehards.

Your simple fact could be taken further, I would like to think all Hibbies are well and truly scunnered.

Thankfully a helluva lot still go though.

GreensesArab
12-05-2016, 01:31 PM
What is it about numbers. I thought the atmosphere in the second half was as good as it gets. The place was bouncing after the second goal and it is fantastic to still have a live interest in 2 competitions in May. Look at Hertz apparently selling out every week yet their season ended when they blew a 2 0 lead in the cup with 10 minutes to go. Nobody was embarrassed around me just slightly frustrated:flag:

What were you slightly frustrated at?

I agree the atmosphere and noise was great, but I was slightly embarrassed that for a game of this importance we couldn't pull in more than approximately 10,000 home fans. That's just how I feel. I gather the break even attendance is 12,000 yet even with the away support we didn't get that.

brog
12-05-2016, 01:39 PM
More than 10,000 Hibs fans turned up, at short notice for a game live on TV. That's nearly 4,000 more home fans than turned up to support the "big team" in a recent Scottish cup tie vs Celtc. We would all like to see the ground full but in the circumstances it was a decent & enthusiastic crowd.

TrinityHibs
12-05-2016, 02:59 PM
What were you slightly frustrated at?

I agree the atmosphere and noise was great, but I was slightly embarrassed that for a game of this importance we couldn't pull in more than approximately 10,000 home fans. That's just how I feel. I gather the break even attendance is 12,000 yet even with the away support we didn't get that.

Not winning

hibee1875
12-05-2016, 04:47 PM
More than 10,000 Hibs fans turned up, at short notice for a game live on TV. That's nearly 4,000 more home fans than turned up to support the "big team" in a recent Scottish cup tie vs Celtc. We would all like to see the ground full but in the circumstances it was a decent & enthusiastic crowd.

Short notice? We knew for weeks we'd be in the playoffs. The fixture dates were also announced weeks ago. The opptimusts amongst us seem to be the only ones who planned in advance to be at a game on Tuesday?

hibee1875
12-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Are you another **** stirrer or has your account been hijacked by a Yam?

We ought to be told!

Yous have lost me on what I've said that makes me a yam/fud/Rangers fan.

There's a difference between agreeing with someone's point of view and understanding someone's point of view. I merely said I understand it, not that I agree with it.

brog
12-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Short notice? We knew for weeks we'd be in the playoffs. The fixture dates were also announced weeks ago. The opptimusts amongst us seem to be the only ones who planned in advance to be at a game on Tuesday?

Well, I live in London & came up for the game last Saturday. Despite being an eternal optimist, I couldn't really book trains & hotel for Tuesday before Saturday pm, that's short notice to me. Anyway, given you're so prescient do you want to tell us all when the play off finals will be?

hibee1875
12-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Well, I live in London & came up for the game last Saturday. Despite being an eternal optimist, I couldn't really book trains & hotel for Tuesday before Saturday pm, that's short notice to me. Anyway, given you're so prescient do you want to tell us all when the play off finals will be?

17th and 25th

davidw
12-05-2016, 05:31 PM

Hibs have lost a lot of fans in recent years because of all the misery inflicted on them. It's as simple as that.

In fact, as someone else said, given what we've been through, and given the cost of the associated misery, it's remarkable so many still turn out.

brog
12-05-2016, 08:22 PM
17th and 25th

I certainly hope so but as you know that's only if we're there.

jgl07
13-05-2016, 11:12 AM
They may have been fixed weeks ago but many have been changed at short notice, so the fixtures published are meaningless.

It was uncertain near the end of the final league matches if Hibs or Falkirk would take second place. That would reverse the semi-final fixtures and determine if Hibs were involved in the quarter final.

The second leg of the quarter final was supposed to be Saturday afternoon but it was moved to lunchtime because of fixture clashes. The first leg of the semi-final was supposed to be on Saturday, it is today. The final was supposed to be Thursday and Sunday but if Hibs are involves it will be Tuesday and Wednesday.

So two matches, out of six, could end up being played on the date specified.

The Leith Dutch
13-05-2016, 03:25 PM

Not a pop at you but this is one of those things I completely detest.

The allocation at a cup final has the square root of ****** all to do with how many fans you have.
Doesn't matter if your average home gate is 3 men and a dog - if you can sell an allocation of 25,000 for a cup final that's what you should get.
Doesn't matter if the people attending don't attend a single other game while lifetime season ticket holders for the other club are watching in the pub.

The aim should be 50/50 between the clubs playing the final regardless of how many more "disappointed" fans one club has.

Pete
13-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Not a pop at you but this is one of those things I completely detest.

The allocation at a cup final has the square root of ****** all to do with how many fans you have.
Doesn't matter if your average home gate is 3 men and a dog - if you can sell an allocation of 25,000 for a cup final that's what you should get.
Doesn't matter if the people attending don't attend a single other game while lifetime season ticket holders for the other club are watching in the pub.

The aim should be 50/50 between the clubs playing the final regardless of how many more "disappointed" fans one club has.

:agree:

Totally agree. Maybe we should tell rangers that they can have tickets based on how many fans have a "G" postcode. That should shut them up.

These good Rangers men from out of town might have season tickets but they are actually worse than our day trippers as they are distorting our game to its detriment.

"But my Dad supported Rangers blah blah"...well your dad was probably a ****ing glory hunter as well.

If they ever get their way and it goes back to the old, Glasgow centric way of allocating tickets the game is absolutely screwed.

Dashing Bob S
13-05-2016, 05:01 PM
If we were selling 20,400 at every home game, the people who moan about the attendances being too small, would moan about the stadium being too small.

SunshineOnLeith
13-05-2016, 05:28 PM

They're not, though.

Everyone knows cup finals are 50/50 unless a team can't sell that many.

hibee1875
13-05-2016, 05:33 PM
They're not, though.

Everyone knows cup finals are 50/50 unless a team can't sell that many.

Yes they 100% are. Don't know what cave you're living in to have missed it.

Anyways I'm quits on this one. These arguments could go round and round till the end of time. Yes I was embarrassed at how low our crowd was on Tuesday. Yes I understand people will throw a million reasons at this. Yes I agree cup finals should be 50/50 regardless. Yes I understand rangers fans grips.

No I am not a yam/Hun/**** stirrer

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2016, 05:36 PM
http://moldmarket.com/mmnew/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/chillPill_285_150color.jpg

:)