PDA

View Full Version : Stubbsy to Blackburn?

LancsHibs
11-05-2016, 03:51 PM
According to the Lancashire Evening Telegraph Stubbs is shortlisted to replace Lambert at Blackburn Rovers! Sorry don't know how to do links, maybe somebody more savvy could oblige😉

Oscar T Grouch
11-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Link here

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/

bingo70
11-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Daily Record running with the story too although I pressume it's the same source.

Fwiw whether it's Bolton, Blackburn or another I'm pretty sure he'll be away after our last game. No inside info, just think he seems to have built a reputation down south (how warranted that reputation is probably for another debate) so job done in that regard. I don't think he's got a lot to gain by staying with us but will have a support ready to put the pressure on him should things start to go wrong at all if we don't go up.

I also think when asked about the Bolton job his refusal to deny it said a lot more than what he actually did say.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season I wish him well, seems like a good guy even if I've not always been overly keen on his management.

Oscar T Grouch
11-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Sorrybthatbwas just a ink to the sports page. This is the story. Just on the short list by all accounts

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14483528.Alan_Stubbs_under_consideration_to_become _the_new_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/?ref=mac

munchar
11-05-2016, 04:00 PM
If he gets us the Scottish cup & promotion, his job is done!

bingo70
11-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Sorrybthatbwas just a ink to the sports page. This is the story. Just on the short list by all accounts

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14483528.Alan_Stubbs_under_consideration_to_become _the_new_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/?ref=mac

Interesting that there is a bit more logic to it than the Bolton job because he used to play for them.

If Alan Irvine is staying and has an influence into the appointment then there could well be something in it.

Would also mean John Doolan might not be following him, if Stubbs leaves on good terms after a successful end to the season I wonder if he would be considered to take over from Stubbs?!

Northernhibee
11-05-2016, 04:05 PM
If he gets us the Scottish cup & promotion, his job is done!

If he gets both he can pump my missus any time he wants.

munchar
11-05-2016, 04:07 PM

I'd even tuck him in & bring him a nightcap! 🍷👍

Oscar T Grouch
11-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Interesting that there is a bit more logic to it than the Bolton job because he used to play for them.

If Alan Irvine is staying and has an influence into the appointment then there could well be something in it.

Would also mean John Doolan might not be following him, if Stubbs leaves on good terms after a successful end to the season I wonder if he would be considered to take over from Stubbs?!

I wouldn't mind seeing Doolan get the gig. He is definitely passionate about Hibs and knows his stuff. All speculation at the moment. I'm happy with Stubbs atm, but if we win the cup and promotion I reckon we'll be saying cheerio to him.

bingo70
11-05-2016, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Doolan get the gig. He is definitely passionate about Hibs and knows his stuff. All speculation at the moment. I'm happy with Stubbs atm, but if we win the cup and promotion I reckon we'll be saying cheerio to him.

If we stay down do you think he'll fancy a third season in this league when he seems to have built a good reputation down south and a few losses away from being under a lot of pressure?

I can't see any scenario where he'll stay with us.

I was wrong once before though

munchar
11-05-2016, 04:15 PM
If we stay down do you think he'll fancy a third season in this league when he seems to have built a good reputation down south and a few losses away from being under a lot of pressure?

I think he should repay the loyalty the board have shown in him & finish the job.
However, a decent compensation package with Doolan staying on might be good business?

Sweet Left Peg
11-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Not surprising in the least. Not that he is being linked with such jobs, just at the timing of it all. The next 2 weeks are massive for our club. And if sympathisers of our Cup Final opponents can throw the preverbial spanner into the mix every so often then it might give them an edge. It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. What, really, has Stubbs achieved thus far that would merit getting the Blackburn job? A club with genuine aspirations of getting to the Premiership. Not enough in my opinion. All an attempt to unsettle the dressing room before the final. Same as happened with Allan. It will be a new club on Monday morning...

Jim44
11-05-2016, 04:24 PM
If we don't get promotion, I'll be happy to see him go. If he decides to stay and have another go, I'd accept that with reservations. Surely two failed attempts, however, are enough to suggest he doesn't have it.

Green Man
11-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Not surprising in the least. Not that he is being linked with such jobs, just at the timing of it all. The next 2 weeks are massive for our club. And if sympathisers of our Cup Final opponents can throw the preverbial spanner into the mix every so often then it might give them an edge. It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. What, really, has Stubbs achieved thus far that would merit getting the Blackburn job? A club with genuine aspirations of getting to the Premiership. Not enough in my opinion. All an attempt to unsettle the dressing room before the final. Same as happened with Allan. It will be a new club on Monday morning...
Blackburn have no ambition of getting into the premier at the moment (at board level anyway). The owners seem to have pretty much given up on the club, and relegation is far more likely than promotion next season.

SJM
11-05-2016, 04:26 PM
33/1. Can't see it.

lugz
11-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Not that I think it'll happen but if stubbsy gets us promoted his job has just started imo. He's proven this team can compete in the premiership.

I'd hate for him to leave to be replaced by a potential dodgy appointment.

Brightside
11-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Again??

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Why would Blackburn want a manager who's done nothing as a manager yet, when Bolton appointed Neil Lemon he'd at least won things and had some terrific european results on his CV?

SJM
11-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Why would Blackburn want a manager who's done nothing as a manager yet, when Bolton appointed Neil Lemon he'd at least won things and had some terrific european results on his CV?

The bookies have Craig Hignett as odds on. What's he done?

Cheap option probably.

LancsHibs
11-05-2016, 04:44 PM

:faf::faf:

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2016, 04:49 PM
The bookies have Craig Hignett as odds on. What's he done?

Cheap option probably.Every manager ever had done nothing at one stage.

bingo70
11-05-2016, 04:52 PM

Guardiola hadn't managed anyone before getting the barca gig.

Before anyone twists what I'm saying, managerial appointments aren't always based on what they've achieved in the past, if they've got a good reputation as a coach sometimes that's enough to get them good jobs, of Stubbs has a man on the inside, like Alan Irvine singing his praises then it could well be a possibility, if they see him as a cheap option as well then that could also add to the likelihood of it happening.

Would Lambert have played with Stubbs at Celtic? Think they did, if so then that could be another factor if he is consulted.

SJM
11-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Every manager ever had done nothing at one stage.

I didn't say otherwise. :)

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Guardiola hadn't managed anyone before getting the barca gig.

Before anyone twists what I'm saying, managerial appointments aren't always based on what they've achieved in the past, if they've got a good reputation as a coach sometimes that's enough to get them good jobs, of Stubbs has a man on the inside, like Alan Irvine singing his praises then it could well be a possibility, if they see him as a cheap option as well then that could also add to the likelihood of it happening.

Would Lambert have played with Stubbs at Celtic? Think they did, if so then that could be another factor if he is consulted.

I understand that, but like us with Butcher, if they do any kind of due diligence, they will see a manager who talks a good game but has his team playing for two years in the Scottish Championship thats got worse in the 2nd year.

If they go down the its not what you know but who you know route, they deserve to fail.

Oscar T Grouch
11-05-2016, 05:04 PM

You maybe right, maybe he'll stay if he wins one or another. Most likely if he gets promoted and doesn't win the final. He may fancy another crack at the cup. For any manager winning the Scottish with Hibs would be a huge plus on their CV

bigwheel
11-05-2016, 05:08 PM
I understand that, but like us with Butcher, if they do any kind of due diligence, they will see a manager who talks a good game but has his team playing for two years in the Scottish Championship thats got worse in the 2nd year.

If they go down the its not what you know but who you know route, they deserve to fail.

Honestly. That is as imbalanced a view of Stubbs capabilities as I've read. I'm not for a minute saying he is a perfect manager - but a more balanced view would note that he picked up a basket case of a team and got them to second in year one and a semi final - he plays possession football and in his second year he failed in his promotion hunt due to a very poor 8 game spell , which has some questions attached to it - he narrowly lost a league final , has had strong result s against top league teams, and is fighting for promotion and the Scottish cup . He comes over as a young manager learning the game , has lots of raw talent and whilst has risks, is two years a better manager than when he started with us

I think he would be a great choice for Blackburn - and he would do well - I hope he doesn't go - as I can't think of a Better management team available to us than the one we currently have

keep the faith
11-05-2016, 05:29 PM

Not like you to want a hibs manager out.....

Libby Hibby
11-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Stubbsy to Bolton...2 days before Falkirk at home

Now we have Stubbsy to Blackburn...2 days before the return league.

Jeez, people really are trying to stir up speculation and that's all it is with our manager.

He may well go in the summer, who knows but I don't understand the clamour to get rid by some on here in such an important fortnight for the club.

SJM
11-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Stubbsy to Bolton...2 days before Falkirk at home

Now we have Stubbsy to Blackburn...2 days before the return league.

Jeez, people really are trying to stir up speculation and that's all it is with our manager.

He may well go in the summer, who knows but I don't understand the clamour to get rid by some on here in such an important fortnight for the club.
Why would journos down South wish to stir up speculation?

Smartie
11-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Honestly. That is as imbalanced a view of Stubbs capabilities as I've read. I'm not for a minute saying he is a perfect manager - but a more balanced view would note that he picked up a basket case of a team and got them to second in year one and a semi final - he plays possession football and in his second year he failed in his promotion hunt due to a very poor 8 game spell , which has some questions attached to it - he narrowly lost a league final , has had strong result s against top league teams, and is fighting for promotion and the Scottish cup . He comes over as a young manager learning the game , has lots of raw talent and whilst has risks, is two years a better manager than when he started with us

I think he would be a great choice for Blackburn - and he would do well - I hope he doesn't go - as I can't think of a Better management team available to us than the one we currently have

I think that once the dust has settled we will all (and probably Stubbsy himself) accept that he had a duff January transfer window. We lost players we shouldn't have, the signing of Stokes (which seemed like a great bit of business at the time) didn't work out and we left ourselves short of cover for the number of games we had to play (victims of our own success due to doing well in the cups).

In spite of all of that, the next fortnight could yet see us promoted and winning the cup.

Stubbs was brilliant for a season and a half, he just needs to find a way to get us over the line with a squad that Stubbs will in th long run admit is probably not quite good or balanced enough.

From there, imo it would be brilliant to see him stay and have a crack at the top league next season or if the worst happens rectify the mistakes and take us up as Champions from another challenging Championship.

If he chooses to go we should be realistic about where we were when he joined and how far he's taken us in a short time.

And if we're going to slaughter Stubbs for what he's done during his time with us we've got to wonder what to expect of the next guy. There are a lot of Calderwoods and Butcher's floating about out there so I think some people need to be careful what they wish for.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2016, 05:48 PM

Is it really, Hearts and Sevco brought in just as many players who went straight into their teams as we did, Hearts skooshed the league As did sevco with their new manager.

2 years in and we finished with the same amount of points but less goals scored, i'd say we have not improved on last season.

There's still time for us and him to really improve, something we all hope he does and we do.

SeanWilson
11-05-2016, 05:48 PM
I think that once the dust has settled we will all (and probably Stubbsy himself) accept that he had a duff January transfer window. We lost players we shouldn't have, the signing of Stokes (which seemed like a great bit of business at the time) didn't work out and we left ourselves short of cover for the number of games we had to play (victims of our own success due to doing well in the cups).

In spite of all of that, the next fortnight could yet see us promoted and winning the cup.

Stubbs was brilliant for a season and a half, he just needs to find a way to get us over the line with a squad that Stubbs will in th long run admit is probably not quite good or balanced enough.

From there, imo it would be brilliant to see him stay and have a crack at the top league next season or if the worst happens rectify the mistakes and take us up as Champions from another challenging Championship.

If he chooses to go we should be realistic about where we were when he joined and how far he's taken us in a short time.

And if we're going to slaughter Stubbs for what he's done during his time with us we've got to wonder what to expect of the next guy. There are a lot of Calderwoods and Butcher's floating about out there so I think some people need to be careful what they wish for.

he may still turn out to be the big name player making the difference......

If we win the cup and go up, he's done more than any of us could have hoped for this year.

Libby Hibby
11-05-2016, 05:49 PM

My point being more of the timing of the news opposed to who released it but won't be long until the Scottish Press pick up on it.

stantonhibby
11-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Is it really, Hearts and Sevco brought in just as many players who went straight into their teams as we did, Hearts skooshed the league As did sevco with their new manager.

2 years in and we finished with the same amount of points but less goals scored, i'd say we have not improved on last season.

There's still time for us and him to really improve, something we all hope he does and we do.

Would it not be fair to factor in the two cup runs which affected our league form? Not to mention injuries to key players?

Smartie
11-05-2016, 05:59 PM
he may still turn out to be the big name player making the difference......

If we win the cup and go up, he's done more than any of us could have hoped for this year.

A very fair point.

I also think that Stokes has knocked his pan in and generally played well for us.

But as it stands our achilles heel for the past 2 years has not been being able to take enough of the chances that have come our way, we haven't scored enough goals and the signing of Stokes hasn't improved this enough, if at all.

This is the kind of thing that Stubbs will ultimately be judged on.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Would it not be fair to factor in the two cup runs which affected our league form? Not to mention injuries to key players?

We did bring in quite a few players that Stubbs said would be quality rather than squad fillers, giving us a squad i'd imagine as big if not bigger than any in our division.

Its also been said on here that our squad is the strongest in the league, but results don't reflect this.

Surely we are not the only team thats had injuries?

The cup runs have been great, and welcome. I don't know if these runs have affected our league form, Stubbs would need to answer that?

I'm not really sure why winning a cup game on Tuesday night would affect us to the point of losing twice to Dumbarton?

Some of his team selections and tactics have affected our results in my opinion, both good and bad, but we are where we are and the buck stops with him.

Its a results business, and he will rise or fall with them.

stantonhibby
11-05-2016, 06:21 PM
We did bring in quite a few players that Stubbs said would be quality rather than squad fillers, giving us a squad i'd imagine as big if not bigger than any in our division.

Its also been said on here that our squad is the strongest in the league, but results don't reflect this.

Surely we are not the only team thats had injuries?

The cup runs have been great, and welcome. I don't know if these runs have affected our league form, Stubbs would need to answer that?

I'm not really sure why winning a cup game on Tuesday night would affect us to the point of losing twice to Dumbarton?

Some of his team selections and tactics have affected our results in my opinion, both good and bad, but we are where we are and the buck stops with him.

Its a results business, and he will rise or fall with them.

Fair enough, I just think the semi final win v St Johnstone and the two Hearts game took it out of us mentally and physically. I think it was around about the bad run started. Much like when teams play in Europe midweek it seems to affect their next league game. That's not to say that Stubbs has not made mistakes as well.

HappyHanlon
11-05-2016, 06:54 PM

It took him at least 2 months to get up to scratch which at that stage of the season is unforgivable. We let Dom go when I reckon we could have had a wee word with him and tell him he can leave at end of season. Signing of Stokes and Dagnall essentially sealed his exit.

That said, Stokes has done well in recent weeks and could very well have a say in the next fortnight!

Tomorrow Stubbs will probably be linked with Forest job. Just rag talk :rolleyes:

hibbydog
11-05-2016, 06:56 PM
I'd even tuck him in & bring him a nightcap! 🍷👍

And I'd wash his car whilst he does it!!

Brightside
11-05-2016, 07:20 PM

Why would a load of hibs fans love to stir it up also?

J-C
11-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Why would a load of hibs fans love to stir it up also?

Who's stirring it, end of season talk about our manager or any of our better players will always be of importance.

emerald green
11-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Bolton the other day, Blackburn today, who will it be next week? :rolleyes:

darwenhibby
11-05-2016, 07:28 PM

Burnley?
Sean Dyche will be linked every other job

Brightside
11-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Who's stirring it, end of season talk about our manager or any of our better players will always be of importance.

its not end of season. we have 4 vital games to go. u couldn't pick a worse time for this rubbish

Scouse Hibee
11-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Fail to see how his stock is so high.

Michael
11-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Fail to see how his stock is so high.

I know...it's really bizarre. Even if he got us promotion and won the cup there would still be a good few managers with better qualifications currently in Scotland.

Lago
11-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Daily Record running with the story too although I pressume it's the same source.

Fwiw whether it's Bolton, Blackburn or another I'm pretty sure he'll be away after our last game. No inside info, just think he seems to have built a reputation down south (how warranted that reputation is probably for another debate) so job done in that regard. I don't think he's got a lot to gain by staying with us but will have a support ready to put the pressure on him should things start to go wrong at all if we don't go up.

I also think when asked about the Bolton job his refusal to deny it said a lot more than what he actually did say.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season I wish him well, seems like a good guy even if I've not always been overly keen on his management.
Agree, the only thing he didn't talk about was a bag of sweeties.:greengrin

Gordy M
11-05-2016, 08:25 PM
I know...it's really bizarre. Even if he got us promotion and won the cup there would still be a good few managers with better qualifications currently in Scotland.
Im sorry but who would have a better qualification than taking a champ club to one national final..win the scottish and get promoted...in the same season???? Im interested to hear who?

Bostonhibby
11-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Wonder if the bookies are giving any odds on the Stubbs to Preston story being carried by the ****** before the Cup final? Just need to complete that wee trio before fanning out to Blackpool, Fleetwood, Bury,Tranmere etc.

Really unsettling:yawn: yet not one English club seems to fancy the breadman, deary me.

bingo70
11-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Wonder if the bookies are giving any odds on the Stubbs to Preston story being carried by the ****** before the Cup final? Just need to complete that wee trio before fanning out to Blackpool, Fleetwood, Bury,Tranmere etc.

Really unsettling:yawn: yet not one English club seems to fancy the breadman, deary me.

Everton are being reported as being interested in warburton.

Scouse Hibee
11-05-2016, 08:35 PM

They like taking Rangers men to Goodison.

J-C
11-05-2016, 08:37 PM
its not end of season. we have 4 vital games to go. u couldn't pick a worse time for this rubbish

Near as dammit, a fairly successful manager gets linked with other clubs, no real surprise and I'm pretty sure Stubbs won't let any of this affect his job. Some of you need to get a grip , these things will always happen when you have a bit of success.

Thegreenside
11-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Near as dammit, a fairly successful manager gets linked with other clubs, no real surprise and I'm pretty sure Stubbs won't let any of this affect his job. Some of you need to get a grip , these things will always happen when you have a bit of success.

Fairly successful is a push I think, not achieved anything to date

Bostonhibby
11-05-2016, 08:51 PM

Never seen it, are the Scottish media going large on this story which might unsettle the rangers at a delicate time as they pursue their first ever Scottish cup?

jacomo
11-05-2016, 08:55 PM

It's just another sliced loaf. Not that interesting really.

Big L
11-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Why Stubbs let Malonga go and brought in Dagnall is beyond me!Dom might have been a better partner for Stokes, one things for sure, JC's game suffered and he and Stokes didn't hit it off.

Michael
11-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Im sorry but who would have a better qualification than taking a champ club to one national final..win the scottish and get promoted...in the same season???? Im interested to hear who?

1. McInnes (league cup and consistent in league)
2. Neilson (beat Stubbs by about 20 points and comfortable 3rd)
3. Wright (Scottish cup and pretty good in league)

Also must be acknowledged...

4. Hughes (Scottish cup and ok in league)
5. Hartley (won promotion and done reasonable in league)

And 3/5 of these clubs would be so called 'smaller' clubs.

Libby Hibby
11-05-2016, 09:14 PM
1. McInnes (league cup and consistent in league)
2. Neilson (beat Stubbs by about 20 points and comfortable 3rd)
3. Wright (Scottish cup and pretty good in league)

Also must be acknowledged...

4. Hughes (Scottish cup and ok in league)
5. Hartley (won promotion and done reasonable in league)

And 3/5 of these clubs would be so called 'smaller' clubs.

1 & 3 you could argue.

The rest, not a chance if Stubbs gets us the cup and promotion in my opinion.

Bostonhibby
11-05-2016, 09:17 PM
1 & 3 you could argue.

The rest, not a chance if Stubbs gets us the cup and promotion in my opinion.

Stubbs compares very well indeed against number 2 in direct contests of their tactics, player selections and results, but then number 2 is a number 2 in every sense of the word.

J-C
11-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Fairly successful is a push I think, not achieved anything to date

They will see the decent football on show and will have noticed the cup runs too, remember Mowbray hadn't really achieved anything up here and went to WBA.

erin go bragh
11-05-2016, 09:52 PM

Many cup finals did we get to last season ?
Worse ? Think you have been watching too much bbc highlights .

GGTTH

matty_f
12-05-2016, 02:27 AM
To say Stubbs has achieved nothing is mental and reflects an expectation that is pretty far removed from reality.

How many clubs in the last ten years have reached both domestic cup finals in the same season?

How many of those did it whilst in the Championship?

Achievements are relative, unless you're completely binary in your views then most reasonable people would view two cup finals in a season as an achievement.

Stubbs has put some very notable results on the board - wins against Hearts, the Rangers, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Ross County (last season), Dundee Utd... All games where we went in as underdogs on account of our league position.

I get the argument about not achieving promotion, we should have finished second this season and didn't. We still don't know if that matters. Stubbs could quite conceivably take us up, in which case nobody would reasonably consider the season a failure.

With the margins so fine, people looking from the outside at Stubbs as a prospective manager will justifiably see how close he is taking us, and recognise that that represents a relative achievement.

We are too quick to put the boot in, and too narrow minded when assessing achievement. I understand why, for a club like Hibs in this league it almost is just a case of promotion = success / no promotion = failure.

However that viewpoint doesn't take into consideration the whole picture. We've played 50+ games this season IIRC, largely due to the fact that we have had successful cup runs. I would imagine that takes its toll on even a relatively large squad, let alone one that was without key players like McGeouch, Fyvie, Hanlon and Fontaine for significant periods of the season.

JCHibby
12-05-2016, 02:39 AM
To say Stubbs has achieved nothing is mental and reflects an expectation that is pretty far removed from reality.

How many clubs in the last ten years have reached both domestic cup finals in the same season?

Achievements are relative, unless you're completely binary in your views then most reasonable people would view two cup finals in a season as an achievement.

Stubbs has put some very notable results on the board - wins against Hearts, the Rangers, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Ross County (last season), Dundee Utd... All games where we went in as underdogs on account of our league position.

I get the argument about not achieving promotion, we should have finished second this season and didn't. We still don't know if that matters. Stubbs could quite conceivably take us up, in which case nobody would reasonably consider the season a failure.

With the margins so fine, people looking from the outside at Stubbs as a prospective manager will justifiably see how close he is taking us, and recognise that that represents a relative achievement.

We are too quick to put the boot in, and too narrow minded when assessing achievement. I understand why, for a club like Hibs in this league it almost is just a case of promotion = success / no promotion = failure.

However that viewpoint doesn't take into consideration the whole picture. We've played 50+ games this season IIRC, largely due to the fact that we have had successful cup runs. I would imagine that takes its toll on even a relatively large squad, let alone one that was without key players like McGeouch, Fyvie, Hanlon and Fontaine for significant periods of the season.

Without doubt one of the best things I have read on here, got it bang on the money!

HoboHarry
12-05-2016, 03:14 AM

Very well said. How in the world did someone as sensible as you get to be an administrator? :wink:

HH81
12-05-2016, 05:09 AM

York City.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-05-2016, 05:21 AM
York City.

KLF
Its Grim Up North Lyrics
New! Tap highlighted lyrics to add Meanings, Special Memories, and Misheard Lyrics...

Play "Its Grim Up North"

It's Grim Up North
A bit of Klf anyone?

Bolton,
Barnsley,
Nelson,
Colne,
Burnley
Bradford,
Buxton,
Crewe,
Warrington,
Widnes,
Wigan,
Leeds,
Northwich,
Nantwich,
Knutsford,
Hull,
Sale,
Salford,
Southport,
Leigh,
Derby,
Kearsley
Keighley
Maghull,
Harrogate,
Huddersfield,
Oldham, Lancs,
Grimsby,
Glossop,
Hebden Bridge,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North.
Brighouse,
Bootle,
Featherstone,
Speke,
Runcorn,
Rotherham,
Rochdale,
Barrow,
Morecambe,
Macclesfield,
Lytham St. Annes
Clitheroe,
Cleethorpes,
The M62,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North.
Pendlebury,
Prestwich,
Preston,
York,
Skipton,
S****horpe,
Scarborough-on-Sea,
Chester,
Chorley,
Cheedle Hulme,
Ormskirk,
Accrington Stanley,
and Leigh,
Ossett,
Otley,
Ikley Moor,
Sheffield,
Manchester,
Castleford,
Skem,
Doncaster,
Dewsbury,
Hali-fax,
Bingley,
Bramall,
Are all in the North.
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North.
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North

: Klf - Its Grim Up North

Scorrie
12-05-2016, 06:02 AM
York City.

Are they punting McNamara?!

Green Man
12-05-2016, 06:10 AM
KLF
Its Grim Up North Lyrics
New! Tap highlighted lyrics to add Meanings, Special Memories, and Misheard Lyrics...

Play "Its Grim Up North"

It's Grim Up North
A bit of Klf anyone?

Bolton,
Barnsley,
Nelson,
Colne,
Burnley
Bradford,
Buxton,
Crewe,
Warrington,
Widnes,
Wigan,
Leeds,
Northwich,
Nantwich,
Knutsford,
Hull,
Sale,
Salford,
Southport,
Leigh,
Derby,
Kearsley
Keighley
Maghull,
Harrogate,
Huddersfield,
Oldham, Lancs,
Grimsby,
Glossop,
Hebden Bridge,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North.
Brighouse,
Bootle,
Featherstone,
Speke,
Runcorn,
Rotherham,
Rochdale,
Barrow,
Morecambe,
Macclesfield,
Lytham St. Annes
Clitheroe,
Cleethorpes,
The M62,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North.
Pendlebury,
Prestwich,
Preston,
York,
Skipton,
S****horpe,
Scarborough-on-Sea,
Chester,
Chorley,
Cheedle Hulme,
Ormskirk,
Accrington Stanley,
and Leigh,
Ossett,
Otley,
Ikley Moor,
Sheffield,
Manchester,
Castleford,
Skem,
Doncaster,
Dewsbury,
Hali-fax,
Bingley,
Bramall,
Are all in the North.
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North.
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North,
It's Grim Up North

: Klf - Its Grim Up North

How grim is Leigh that it needs to be mentioned twice?

Northernhibee
12-05-2016, 06:42 AM

Did someone mention Leigh? :hyper

Joe Baker2
12-05-2016, 12:16 PM
In any case, I hope Leann has a succession plan in place. I don't want us being manager-less in the transfer window and not able to buy players. Or we'll end up at the back of the queue again like we did after Butcher.

Scottie
12-05-2016, 12:20 PM
In the crowd at ER on Tuesday night again. He wants to come home. :greengrin

Tricla
12-05-2016, 12:33 PM

10/10 Matty

pacoluna
12-05-2016, 12:39 PM

I agree with most of that however if the inconceivable happens and we lose SC and fail to get promoted surely that = failure? Two cup finals cant bee deemed as an achievement if we fail to win any of them.

I'm very much still forming an opinion on Stubbsy.

Scorrie
12-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Rumours here that Martinez has just been punted at Everton today

SJM
12-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Rumours here that Martinez has just been punted at Everton today

That fantastic penalty taker De Boer is rumoured to be taking over.

CallumLaidlaw
12-05-2016, 12:51 PM
His Hibs career is about to be condensed into 2/4 games.

4 wins (or even 3 and a draw/loss could do it) and his CV reads - Promotion to top tier, Scottish cup win (first in the clubs modern history, league cup final and scottish cup semi final).

2 defeats - Failure to get one of scotlands biggest clubs out of the 2nd tier in 2 attempts & 2 cup final defeats.

Somewhere in between (one out of the 2) will still be viewed as a success in the media and a lot of fans eyes

I have pretty much convinced myself that he will leave at the end of this month. Hopefully its as a legend, and he gets a job in the top end of the English Championship.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
12-05-2016, 12:57 PM

4 wins (or even 3 and a draw/loss could do it) and his CV reads - Promotion to top tier, Scottish cup win (first in the clubs modern history, league cup final and scottish cup semi final).

2 defeats - Failure to get one of scotlands biggest clubs out of the 2nd tier in 2 attempts & 2 cup final defeats.

Somewhere in between (one out of the 2) will still be viewed as a success in the media and a lot of fans eyes

I have pretty much convinced myself that he will leave at the end of this month. Hopefully its as a legend, and he gets a job in the top end of the English Championship.

Good summary.

I think he benefits from good pr, and lazy journos uncritically buying the 'we play good football' line which isnt really that true.

I did jump on the sack him bandwagon recently, but actually i now want him to stay (regrdless of end of season) - i think the disruption caused by him leaving would be greater than the team's current deficiences, and i also think he would be well placed to fix our problems.

Also, while i was very critical of him during the spring slump i di think he has recovered well and the team is playing well again.

JimBHibees
12-05-2016, 01:01 PM
Good summary.

I think he benefits from good pr, and lazy journos uncritically buying the 'we play good football' line which isnt really that true.

I did jump on the sack him bandwagon recently, but actually i now want him to stay (regrdless of end of season) - i think the disruption caused by him leaving would be greater than the team's current deficiences, and i also think he would be well placed to fix our problems.

Also, while i was very critical of him during the spring slump i di think he has recovered well and the team is playing well again.

Of course we play good football, some of the stuff is terrific and the best football at the club since Mowbray/Collins.

Onion
12-05-2016, 03:06 PM

IMO the whole season could rest on tomorrow night's result. If we lose, Stubbs' future at Hibs will be under serious question, as will many of our players'. That's no way to go into Scottish Cup Final week. Also, expect any clubs interested in Stubbs and our players to start making their moves. All plays right into the hands of the Huns and the Sevco loving media ! It will be horrendous.

1986 - Yams were two games from an incredible season, but blew it. League defeat crushed their Cup hopes.
2016 - Hibs are in a pretty similar position.

matty_f
12-05-2016, 03:25 PM
I agree with most of that however if the inconceivable happens and we lose SC and fail to get promoted surely that = failure? Two cup finals cant bee deemed as an achievement if we fail to win any of them.

I'm very much still forming an opinion on Stubbsy.

If only winning finals is seen as an achievement then very few managers will ever achieve anything.

Taking Hibs to two finals at the same time as chasing promotion is an achievement, just less of an achievement than winning them would be.

It's like the London marathon. There's only one winner but completing it will be an achievement to hundreds of people. It's relative.

Andy74
12-05-2016, 03:29 PM
If only winning finals is seen as an achievement then very few managers will ever achieve anything.

Taking Hibs to two finals at the same time as chasing promotion is an achievement, just less of an achievement than winning them would be.

It's like the London marathon. There's only one winner but completing it will be an achievement to hundreds of people. It's relative.
All very nice but after two years we are just about better than Falkirk in the league and struggling to prove it.

Not getting promoted this year would be a huge failure.

SJM
12-05-2016, 03:31 PM

Two cup finals and acvhieving promotion will be a success. Don't go up and lose two finals and he's failed.

Smartie
12-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Of course we play good football, some of the stuff is terrific and the best football at the club since Mowbray/Collins.

I agree.

Last season with Scott Allan in the side we played some superb stuff.

It has probably been a bit laboured at times this season for some people but we're capable of playing some great stuff when we want to. First 20 minutes or so on Tuesday was really good, against a tough side to break down.

If Stubbs stays then I reckon we're a tweak away from being a side that plays fantastic stuff. A tactical nudge and an injection of pace is all it would take.

Steve20
12-05-2016, 03:38 PM
All very nice but after two years we are just about better than Falkirk in the league and struggling to prove it.

We finished behind Falkirk. Yes, on goal difference but we can't say we're better than Falkirk at all in the league. Tomorrow really is going to be tough and home advantage probably gives them the edge.

Stubbs wins either promotion or the cup and he's done well. Neither and he can't be here next season and his time will have to go down as a failure.

matty_f
12-05-2016, 03:44 PM

In your/our opinion. My point was that people looking at things from outside would see a number of achievements.

I think Hibs aim for semi-final stages of cup competitions (IIRC), therefore two finals would be seen as an achievement.

We also aim for promotion, so not being promoted can be seen as failure.

Achievements aren't necessarily as binary as if you win you've achieved something, if you don't then you haven't.

WhileTheChief..
12-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Getting to the final is an achievment now? Well yeah I guess it is if you set your standards pretty low.

East Stirling would probably think getting to the quarter finals is an achievment, for Hibs that should be the bare minimum.

We need to start having a winning mentality. If folk running the club think getting to the final is good enough then what's the point?

You think Man Utd fans will be ok if Palace beat them in the final?? No chance.

We need to be more demanding. Success is winning things.

hibees 7062
12-05-2016, 03:55 PM

:greengrin

matty_f
12-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Getting to the final is an achievment now? Well yeah I guess it is if you set your standards pretty low.

East Stirling would probably think getting to the quarter finals is an achievment, for Hibs that should be the bare minimum.

We need to start having a winning mentality. If folk running the club think getting to the final is good enough then what's the point?

We need to be more demanding. Success is winning things.

It's not about setting standards low, it's about being realistic.

Do you think Palace don't think that getting to the final is an achievement? They're one of only two clubs to do it in that competition this season. They've gone further than the champions, and further than many clubs with budgets that dwarf theirs.

To get to the Scottish Cup final, Hibs had to beat top flight opponents. Was that not an achievement?

It's more of an achievement to win it. Of course it is. To dismiss getting to the final - the second this season - is ridiculous.

If you only see success as winning things then you've probably picked the wrong club to follow, and you're likely to find supporting Hibs very unfulfilling.

MWHIBBIES
12-05-2016, 03:59 PM

We need to be more demanding. Success is winning things.Yes, it always has been, that is why we ****ing celebrate at semi finals.

Smartie
12-05-2016, 04:02 PM

Never, ever underestimate Leigh's ability to reproduce.

WhileTheChief..
12-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Getting to both finals this season is great, don't get me wrong. Guess in still gutted at the Ross Co result.

As for choosing the wrong club to support?? Well that's just ridiculous!

I'll stick to supporting Hibs thanks v much!!

bingo70
12-05-2016, 04:14 PM
http://stv.tv/sport/football/1353888-stubbs-will-decide-future-in-summer-but-remains-happy-at-hibernian/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting, be amazed if he's still here next season

J-C
12-05-2016, 04:17 PM
http://stv.tv/sport/football/1353888-stubbs-will-decide-future-in-summer-but-remains-happy-at-hibernian/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Looks to me that he fancies going back south, with his family there I can understand this.

SeanWilson
12-05-2016, 04:40 PM

if he reads .net..... i wouldn't want to be here next season either.

Billy Whizz
12-05-2016, 04:42 PM
There's definitely something happening in the background

bigwheel
12-05-2016, 04:54 PM
There's definitely something happening in the background

What makes you say that BW ??

SJM
12-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Yes, it always has been, that is why we ****ing celebrate at semi finals.

There was me thinking we celebrated being one game away from winning the cup when we win semi finals.

Blaster
12-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Getting to both finals this season is great, don't get me wrong. Guess in still gutted at the Ross Co result.

As for choosing the wrong club to support?? Well that's just ridiculous!

I'll stick to supporting Hibs thanks v much!!

I partly agree but think we have been spoiled by the number of semi finals and finals we have reached in the last decade or so. Watching hibs during 80s and 90s in particular reaching finals was very rare. We had the odd semi final here and there but nothing like the amount we have seen recently

It has been a good achievement this year in the cups but we are on the brink of an amazing season or a complete disaster. Almost no in between.

However it's been the most entertaining season I've seen for a long time

Lago
12-05-2016, 06:03 PM
:greengrin
if he reads .net..... i wouldn't want to be here next season either.

Jonnyboy
12-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Not at all sure why folk think he's heading out - based on that interview. He said that like all clubs there will be discussions at the seasons end. STV formed their entirely misleading headline from that.

oneone73
12-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Not at all sure why folk think he's heading out - based on that interview. He said that like all clubs there will be discussions at the seasons end. STV formed their entirely misleading headline from that.

Agreed.And when are they asking the Bread Man about Everton?

LancsHibs
12-05-2016, 06:13 PM

They won't, it's in the bag for de Boer!

bingo70
12-05-2016, 06:13 PM

I think if the same question had been asked last season it would have been a completely different answer.

"Working on targets for next season, under contract so going nowhere, big job to do here etc etc etc......"

I've not heard one thing about our targets for next season, I distinctly remember Stubbs talking last year how he was going for the same targets regardless of what league we were in, the lack of sound bytes about next year has also got me thinking he'll be off.

oneone73
12-05-2016, 06:16 PM
I think if the same question had been asked last season it would have been a completely different answer.

"Working on targets for next season, under contract so going nowhere, big job to do here etc etc etc......"

I've not heard one thing about our targets for next season, I distinctly remember Stubbs talking last year how he was going for the same targets regardless of what league we were in, the lack of sound bytes about next year has also got me thinking he'll be off.

That might be more to do with the fact we'd budgeted for two years in this division, not three. There's so much more uncertainty around - witness Hanlon's contract situation.

WoreTheGreen
12-05-2016, 06:18 PM

Because he is going to AC Millanda only old sods will remember sorry

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
12-05-2016, 06:18 PM

Undoubtedly true, but that's not a high bar!!

At times its good, but often i find it slow, dull and lacking in creativity. Mowbrays and collins teams regularly hammered top league teams, we dont hammer anyone.

Im not saying irs rubbish, just that sterile posession doesnt necessarily equate to good football.

When were good (like other night) we are good to watch.

SJM
12-05-2016, 06:22 PM
That might be more to do with the fact we'd budgeted for two years in this division, not three. There's so much more uncertainty around - witness Hanlon's contract situation.

Yet we have a contract on the table for Cummings and have sounded out players for next season.

It's the most un-committal interview since they bag of sweeties.

Jonnyboy
12-05-2016, 06:28 PM

You may well be right, bingo. Just felt that STV's headline was wholly misleading.

Personally, I think if we win promotion and the cup he'll be enticed to a job down south, maybe even if he does one of the two.

If he does neither, I think he'll be away either voluntarily or 'by mutual consent'

Billy Whizz
12-05-2016, 06:31 PM
You may well be right, bingo. Just felt that STV's headline was wholly misleading.

Personally, I think if we win promotion and the cup he'll be enticed to a job down south, maybe even if he does one of the two.

If he does neither, I think he'll be away either voluntarily or 'by mutual consent'
So in other words, Jonnyboy, like me, you think he'll be away, and the calibre of his replacement, will depend on what division we are in

bingo70
12-05-2016, 06:34 PM

I just think he's got enough people/clubs talking about him down south for him to be able to justify waking away and waiting for a job to come up closer to his family. He doesn't really need to wait on Hibs getting an offer from another club and it could suit all parties to do it at this time rather than mid-season.

Jonnyboy
12-05-2016, 06:35 PM
So in other words, Jonnyboy, like me, you think he'll be away, and the calibre of his replacement, will depend on what division we are in

There's every chance he'll go, Billy BUT he's still under contract until the end of next season and might want a pop at the top league, should we get there

son of haggart
12-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Because he is going to AC Millanda only old sods will remember sorry

I remember them playing in the University League in the 70s , if that's who you mean, along with other cheery names like Arcelona, though I thought it was DC Milanda so I could just be havering here

WoreTheGreen
12-05-2016, 06:58 PM
I remember them playing in the University League in the 70s , if that's who you mean, along with other cheery names like Arcelona, though I thought it was DC Milanda so I could just be havering here

Did your 'dad' not manage Falkirk while a very angry ginger twat was there. now a bald angry older TWAT

Viva_Palmeiras
12-05-2016, 07:21 PM
There's every chance he'll go, Billy BUT he's still under contract until the end of next season and might want a pop at the top league, should we get there

Am I right in thinking should we win the unmentionable that we'd have a crack at Europe?

Billy Whizz
12-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Am I right in thinking should we win the unmentionable that we'd have a crack at Europe?

A round later than Hearts

Jonnyboy
12-05-2016, 08:56 PM

Pretty sure it was AC Milanda, S and that they originated from the Sunblest Bakery in Lochend

Jonnyboy
12-05-2016, 09:05 PM

Top post, Matty :top marks

son of haggart
12-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Pretty sure it was AC Milanda, S and that they originated from the Sunblest Bakery in Lochend

Probably another team then - I used to play against DC milan?da for a team called Wopsoc which stacked with Hibbies and Italians in the University Wednesday league - the Italian Society team believe it or not. These days there would probably be an enquiry about the name. They were fun days, but not politically correct. A certain Mr Pia played a few times if I remember correctly

son of haggart
12-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Did your 'dad' not manage Falkirk while a very angry ginger twat was there. now a bald angry older TWAT

?

No

Nicho87
12-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Regardless what league we finish in, i deep down want stubbs to stay. He has signes decent players, decent footballl majority of time. Why change it now and go through the same transitional period again. One more year please hibs.

greenginger
12-05-2016, 11:45 PM

And, if we fail and Sevco get the spot .......

http://uefatotreatrangersasnewclubfor2016el.blogspot.co.u k/2016_05_01_archive.html?m=0

UEFA are going to give them a coefficient of a Club playing in Europe for the first time. :greengrin

scoopyboy
13-05-2016, 08:31 AM
I'm sure that Rangers would also have to satisfy UEFA of certain criteria, one of which is fully audited accounts for the last three years.

Not sure they can do this.

This came from a Cream Bun.

southern hibby
13-05-2016, 01:54 PM
It's all irrelevant as we'll win it 2-1 extra time.

GGTTH