PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions

SJM
11-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Has it been confirmed what the rules are regarding yellows?

It's seems extremely unfair Killie will have no chance of any player getting suspended with two yellows in the final tie should we get there but we could have about 8 on yellows?

JimBHibees
11-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Couldnt agree more I did a google search and cant see any changes to the original SFA disciplinary procedures. I think this would have been publicised somewhere or seen an updated version of the document which I cant locate. Our own Darren McGregor was suspended last season when at Rangers during the play offs as per the standard procedures outlined in the document attached so dont actually think it has changed which would be the fairest way IMO. Clearly no mention of different rules for play offs here or that the play offs are treated as a cup competition.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/SFAHandbook/14DiscProced.pdf

SJM
11-05-2016, 03:41 PM
I hope your right and it's only fair mate.

Be good for some clarification though but as usual we don't hear sod all from the league.

Bristolhibby
11-05-2016, 03:43 PM
I thought it would be obvious that the playoffs are designed to maintain the status-quo.

Self preservation society.

Last season it did just that in every league.

J

BH Hibs
11-05-2016, 03:48 PM
I heard on the radio on the first Raith game that all yellows were wiped out after the end of the last league game. Subsequently if a player receives two yellows in the playoffs then he will miss the next game. Totally weighted in favour of the premiership side.

Spike Mandela
11-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Rod Petrie was one of the main architects of the playoff system to ensure it was difficult for the Premier league team to go down. This has come back to bite him on the arse spectacularly.

Marco G
12-05-2016, 07:24 AM
I heard on the radio on the first Raith game that all yellows were wiped out after the end of the last league game. Subsequently if a player receives two yellows in the playoffs then he will miss the next game. Totally weighted in favour of the premiership side.
I don't think that's right. Think that yellow cards during play offs mean points added to those a player already has, so a yellow near the end of the league matches could mean a player missing a play off match. But we are at the stage where a player going over the points limit with yellows in the playoffs will then miss the first game of next season.

JimBHibees
12-05-2016, 08:51 AM
I don't think that's right. Think that yellow cards during play offs mean points added to those a player already has, so a yellow near the end of the league matches could mean a player missing a play off match. But we are at the stage where a player going over the points limit with yellows in the playoffs will then miss the first game of next season.

It in incredible that there still appears to be confusion with regard to this given we are half way through the play offs.

CallumLaidlaw
12-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Rod Petrie was one of the main architects of the playoff system to ensure it was difficult for the Premier league team to go down. This has come back to bite him on the arse spectacularly.

It was definitely different last season.

In fact, it probably has been changed. Look who called for a rule change during last seasons play offs -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-stuart-mccall-calls-5546808#OZxhxyEHRtt5YT3V.97

flash
12-05-2016, 09:21 AM
It's only people who don't know that are confused :).
It's definitely two bookings in play offs means immediate one match ban.
Yet another massive advantage to the top tier team.
Unless that team is managed by Terry Butcher.....

JimBHibees
12-05-2016, 09:24 AM

Thats so unfair it is unreal and honestly dont think any of the bookings we have received could in any way be called an obvious yellow. The ones for McGregor and McGinn on Tuesday were a joke but now put them on the brink if we qualify

flash
12-05-2016, 09:41 AM
It's like when Cummings got sent off against Hertz for celebrating a goal and later kicking the ball away.
With our luck they will both get booked tomorrow.

Marco G
12-05-2016, 10:32 AM

Where is that stated?

flash
12-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Where is that stated?

In my post above yours.

Marco G
12-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Yes, I noticed that. Should have said where have you seen it?

flash
12-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Yes, I noticed that. Should have said where have you seen it?

It's been reported in the media pretty widely.

ancient hibee
12-05-2016, 05:54 PM
It's been reported in the media pretty widely.

In that case (never seen it mentioned anywhere myself)it's almost certainly complete tosh.

s.a.m
12-05-2016, 06:33 PM
I wasted some time yesterday afternoon browsing the SFA and SPFL websites for the definitive answer. I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can find no reference to the regulations on number of cautions and suspensions, either for regular league or play-off competitions, on either website. The SPFL one still has reference to the special arrangements for 2013-14. You used to be able to find suspension criteria on the SFA website, but it seems to be gone. I did however learn that you can't amend the perimeter scrolling advertising to distract the opposition, and if you water the pitch at half time, you have to water all of it equally. :aok:

Billy Whizz
12-05-2016, 06:42 PM
I wasted some time yesterday afternoon browsing the SFA and SPFL websites for the definitive answer. I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can find no reference to the regulations on number of cautions and suspensions, either for regular league or play-off competitions, on either website. The SPFL one still has reference to the special arrangements for 2013-14. You used to be able to find suspension criteria on the SFA website, but it seems to be gone. I did however learn that you can't amend the perimeter scrolling advertising to distract the opposition, and if you water the pitch at half time, you have to water all of it equally. :aok:

Nothing about lifting your child out of the crowd and celebrating with them? That will be added on next

BH Hibs
12-05-2016, 07:07 PM
In that case (never seen it mentioned anywhere myself)it's almost certainly complete tosh.

Definitely mentioned on commentary for the first Raith game. However it was Sportsound so you have a fair point. :greengrin