PDA

View Full Version : Video of kick at Henderson?

Ozyhibby
11-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Does anyone have the video of McCraken's kick out at Henderson after the penalty incident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanshow
11-05-2016, 11:25 AM
On hibs tv the same on bt I presume... it was just going out of shot, you could see the Falkirk player put his leg across the front of henderson and bringing him down blatant foul behind the refs back, but not really a wild kick.

doubt there will be any action taken but here's hoping :)

iwasthere1972
11-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Does anyone have the video of McCraken's kick out at Henderson after the penalty incident?

https://youtu.be/hkiNES44zYM

rossevenil
11-05-2016, 11:48 AM
So that was 2 penalties denied by the referee in quick succession and both blatant!

11-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Totally deliberate, took a look at him then stuck the leg out.

What a horrible team.

hibee-boys
11-05-2016, 11:56 AM
First time I've seen it on TV, the referee is perfectly placed to see it. How on earth any referee, of any standard, could not award a penalty for that is unbelievable! The kick out at Henderson behind the referees back just sums up Falkirk and their manager. Dirty cheating anti football shower of ****bags!!!

MoscowHibs
11-05-2016, 11:58 AM
It was the guy Muirhead who fouled Henderson.I would put in Bartley on Friday tae sort the nonce oot, and maybe put that welt Millar intae the stand. That's 2 games on the trot that they have kicked us off the park. Time for them to get some of their own treatment.

Gatecrasher
11-05-2016, 12:01 PM

Holy ****, 2 clear penalties missed in a matter of seconds!

JeMeSouviens
11-05-2016, 12:04 PM

It's not McCracken, it's their #4, Aaron Muirhead.

http://home2.btconnect.com/anniviers/liam1.png

http://home2.btconnect.com/anniviers/liam2.png

http://home2.btconnect.com/anniviers/liam3.png

11-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Holy ****, 2 clear penalties missed in a matter of seconds!

Its "evened itself out though" apparently :rolleyes:

One soft penalty for us is somehow evened out with:

McGinn stonewaller denied
Wrongful red card for McGinn
Clear handball claim for penalty denied
Clear and deliberate trip of Henderson in the box

Aye, Houston all "evened out" now :aok::rolleyes:

11-05-2016, 12:06 PM

In fairness to the ref on that one, he had his back to it so can't possibly have seen. However, defo a case for retrospective action. Was a very deliberate act.

Hibee Mac
11-05-2016, 12:08 PM
What a horrible dirty little team.

SeanWilson
11-05-2016, 12:10 PM
In fairness to the ref on that one, he had his back to it so can't possibly have seen. However, defo a case for retrospective action. Was a very deliberate act.

:agree: even more blatant in slow mo/replay - seen it at the time and thought.... thats a foul in itself but was still reeling from the hand ball :rolleyes:

11-05-2016, 12:12 PM

The second picture shows it was a deliberate act to take out Henderson. God knows why though

Ozyhibby
11-05-2016, 12:14 PM
So can muirhead be cited today? Is there a mechanism for this?

Big_Franck
11-05-2016, 12:21 PM
So can muirhead be cited today? Is there a mechanism for this?

Not sure, does it not have to be reported to the boy at the SPFL that looks at these incidents? I can't remember his job title.

JimBHibees
11-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Hibs should report it themselves. Why not? Falkirk would if roles reversed.

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Not sure, does it not have to be reported to the boy at the SPFL that looks at these incidents? I can't remember his job title.

Compliance officer?

Big_Franck
11-05-2016, 12:26 PM
Compliance officer?

That's the fellae. It's a clear kick out at another player off the ball. There can't be any defence of that whatsoever.

Ozyhibby
11-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Compliance officer?

Tony McGlennan is the compliance officer now.

The Green Goblin
11-05-2016, 12:32 PM

Isn't that why there are two assistant refs and a fourth official though?

SJM
11-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Jesus, didn't even notice that. Dirty pricks. Definitely reminds you of hertz under Levein.

HibsMax
11-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Whether or not it was reported at match time shouldn't even matter. A clear off the ball incident that merits punishment.

frazeHFC
11-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Dirty tin pot club, we better beat them!

JC94
11-05-2016, 01:06 PM
I must be the only person that doesn't think thats a red card. A penalty, yes but red card/retrospective action no.

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Get tweeting those images to the spfl and SFA.

J-C
11-05-2016, 01:12 PM
2 shocking misses by the officials, the ref is 5 yards from the handball and looking straight at it and the assistant must surely see the trip on Henderson, their tactics were disgraceful and the officials even more so.

Ozyhibby
11-05-2016, 01:19 PM
I must be the only person that doesn't think thats a red card. A penalty, yes but red card/retrospective action no.

It's an off the ball kick at a player. That is never not a red card.

Ozyhibby
11-05-2016, 01:20 PM

greenlex
11-05-2016, 01:24 PM
I'm fairly sure either the same player or maybe even another had a punch at Henderson near the edge of the box around about the same time.

TrinityHibs
11-05-2016, 01:50 PM
It's an off the ball kick at a player. That is never not a red card.

What do you get for violent conduct? Genuine question

Ozyhibby
11-05-2016, 01:56 PM
What do you get for violent conduct? Genuine question

If not spotted by match official, the player is usually offered a two game ban.

iwasthere1972
11-05-2016, 01:58 PM

Offered? Just do it. :greengrin

easty
11-05-2016, 02:02 PM
It should be a pen, because it obviously is a foul, but I don't think the "kick" is worthy of a red card. He's put his leg out to take Henderson down, it's not a violent act in my opinion, just a stupid trip.

greenlex
11-05-2016, 02:20 PM
It should be a pen, because it obviously is a foul, but I don't think the "kick" is worthy of a red card. He's put his leg out to take Henderson down, it's not a violent act in my opinion, just a stupid trip.

Of course it's violet conduct. The ball is nowhere in sight. He deliberately kicks out at Henderson off the ball. He doesn't have to nut him you you.

easty
11-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Of course it's violet conduct. The ball is nowhere in sight. He deliberately kicks out at Henderson off the ball. He doesn't have to nut him you you.

Aye that's how you see it. I don't though. It's not even a kick as far as I'm concerned. It's a trip.

Holmesdale Hibs
11-05-2016, 02:26 PM
So that was 2 penalties denied by the referee in quick succession and both blatant!

3 penalties even because the Falkirk player handled it twice and then kicked Henderson. That has to be the worst refereeing decision I've ever seen.

Moulin Yarns
11-05-2016, 02:27 PM
FIFA Rules say

A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality
against an opponent when not challenging for the ball.

emerald green
11-05-2016, 02:46 PM

And the linesman? Where was he? Presumably he was "unsighted" too?

Either way it was a dirty, very sneaky kick from the Falkirk hammer thrower.

neil7908
11-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Utter madness. The first hand ball could just about be argued as accidental. The second is as stonewall a penalty as you will ever see. Followed by a kick on Henderson that is 100% a red card.

I must admit due to family ties Falkirk have been my 2nd team but I'm absolutely desperate to beat them on Friday

HibsMax
11-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Aye that's how you see it. I don't though. It's not even a kick as far as I'm concerned. It's a trip.
The ball was nowhere near the players so what was his intention? I realise it's unlikely that any harm would have been caused but if Henderson fell awkwardly, what then? We shouldn't wait for players to actually get injured before taking action.

RoxburghHibs
11-05-2016, 02:56 PM

But as I've not read anything officially, on this, I assume all the officials have missed this (unbelievable) so he has got away with it?

Ozyhibby
11-05-2016, 02:58 PM
But as I've not read anything officially, on this, I assume all the officials have missed this (unbelievable) so he has got away with it?

No, he could still be cited today or tomorrow.

Benny Brazil
11-05-2016, 03:00 PM

Thats how I see it as well - he doesnt swing a boot at him he puts his leg across him. Never a red card - I would be hacked off if one of our players had been sent off for that.

However - here's hoping the run of poor decisions / referee incompetencies against Falkirk comes to an end on Friday night and hey get what they deserve.

easty
11-05-2016, 03:01 PM
The ball was nowhere near the players so what was his intention? I realise it's unlikely that any harm would have been caused but if Henderson fell awkwardly, what then? We shouldn't wait for players to actually get injured before taking action.

His intention was to trip him up. I'm not arguing that it's a foul, of course it is. I just don't see it as the violent incident that others do. Maybe I'm wrong and he'll get suspended for it, but if he doesn't I'll not be surprised as I don't think it's worthy of more than a yellow card.

JC94
11-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Thats how I see it as well - he doesnt swing a boot at him he puts his leg across him. Never a red card - I would be hacked off if one of our players had been sent off for that.

However - here's hoping the run of poor decisions / referee incompetencies against Falkirk comes to an end on Friday night and hey get what they deserve.

Looks like someone agrees with me about it not being a red card. Penalty yes, red card no

O'Rourke3
11-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Looks like someone agrees with me about it not being a red card. Penalty yes, red card no
OK so how do we deal with non red card offences missed by the ref that is now on social mwdia? 2 pens and they go on to equalise. No punishment or a ban for the next game? Theres nothing in the middle.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-05-2016, 03:41 PM

Classy eh? if that had been that greetin faced turd Baird he would have chased the ref all over the place.

Dirtier than the yams?, looks like it.

Bishop Hibee
11-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Hibs should email the compliance officer the video clip. Doubt anything will happen if we do though.

munchar
11-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Hibs should email the compliance officer the video clip. Doubt anything will happen if we do though.

Houston would be going radge if it was the other way round! 😡

MagicSwirlingShip
11-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Henderson was taking the piss out of their defence all night. It's no wonder one of them snapped and kicked him :wink:

On a side note, Hendo has been known to leave his foot in aswell - which kind of makes me like him more; all the best players (or my favourites at least) have a nasty streak. :agree:

Regardless, these handball incidents, the kick out at Hendo, their OTT celebrations to sneak a draw at Easter Road last month, alongside Houstons constant bleatings about how big a budget we have, are going to make pumping them so much better come Friday evening. They are crap and got lucky several times against us this season. :thumbsup:

I hope Stubbs rams it right down that Hearts trumpets throat when we gub them :cb

GGTTH :flag:

banarc7062
11-05-2016, 04:46 PM
But what was his ******ing linesman and fourth official doing. All following directive from Hampden bosses no doubt.

Thief
11-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Struggling to comprehend how none of the experts on BT sports as well as the news reports on bbc and stv picked up on this.
Was clear as day at the time, saw it clearer from west stand than the handball!
I believe sport sound panel were talking about it so hats off to them but the rest are a joke!

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Struggling to comprehend how none of the experts on BT sports as well as the news reports on bbc and stv picked up on this.
Was clear as day at the time, saw it clearer from west stand than the handball!
I believe sport sound panel were talking about it so hats off to them but the rest are a joke!

Yeah the BBC had it in their match report

HibsMax
11-05-2016, 06:12 PM
His intention was to trip him up. I'm not arguing that it's a foul, of course it is. I just don't see it as the violent incident that others do. Maybe I'm wrong and he'll get suspended for it, but if he doesn't I'll not be surprised as I don't think it's worthy of more than a yellow card.

I would agree with you 100% if the incident took place while both players were going for the ball. They weren't though. If they were you could make the argument that it was a poorly timed challenge. This was not a challenge at all though because the ball was nowhere near them. I'm just saying that what made the offence more egregious was the fact that it took place off the ball, not that it was overly violent. We can't just have players running around the pitch tripping people up and shoving them to the ground - that would get out of control instantly.

I doubt either one of us will change our mind on this, but that's OK.

McD
11-05-2016, 06:20 PM
I thought anyone could make a complaint to the compliance officer? Or is it just a match official or someone at a club? Or just someone off sportscene :devil:

Sudds_1
11-05-2016, 06:45 PM

Is that not why we have linesmen? sorry ................assistant referees!

Bloody joke the 3 of them!

shamo9
11-05-2016, 06:58 PM
You see retrospective action in the English Leagues every week. Our match was televised, footage exists to prove it happened.The ref didn't see it so couldn't decide on a course of action at the time. Why can't something be done now?

The game on Friday is supposed to be one of the biggest in the Scottish football calendar :rolleyes:

Onion
11-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Didn't see it at the time but you're 100% right. The ball is still in play having been waved on by the incompetent ref, and Henderson is assaulted - taken right out the game. That's also a straight penalty !

JC94
11-05-2016, 07:16 PM
You see retrospective action in the English Leagues every week. Our match was televised, footage exists to prove it happened.The ref didn't see it so couldn't decide on a course of action at the time. Why can't something be done now?

The game on Friday is supposed to be one of the biggest in the Scottish football calendar :rolleyes:

Because it isnt a red card offence, it also isnt a 'kick'.

Eyrie
11-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Because it isnt a red card offence, it also isnt a 'kick'.

Diving isn't a red card offence, yet results in a player being banned if retrospective action is taken.

There was no excuse for the trip on Henderson. It was a blatant case of taking the man out for no reason, and so has to be dealt with properly. The only reason that nothing will happen is because the SFA get sfa right.

hibby6270
11-05-2016, 08:08 PM
You know, I was so raging about the hand ball incident, never even saw the Hendo trip. Only reading about it now.

Best I could find without too much of a search is the General SFA e-mail address - info@scottishfa.co.uk

Send it with Subject: FAO Tony McGlennan, Compliance Officer.

Copy in the YouTube clip link and politely ask what is he going to do about the off the ball trip retrospectively.

Can't do any harm to try. Wouldn't hold out much hope of any action being taken but if we don't report it, that's exactly what will happen - nothing!!

I'm off to send that email now.:thumbsup:

hibby6270
11-05-2016, 08:30 PM
This is what I've sent to Tony McGlennan.
Pleas feel free to copy and paste in an email yourselves.

Dear Sir,
I'd like to bring to your attention an incident that occurred in the Hibernian v Falkirk Premiership Play Off Semi Final game at Easter Road on Tuesday 10th May.

I've attached a link to a clip on YouTube which highlights the incident. The referee did not take action for it at the time but I'm sure you'll agree it was an off the ball incident that is worthy if review for the blatant attempt to stop the Hibernian player - Liam Henderson - from making a worthy attempt to get back to try and retrieve the ball whilst still in play.

Notwithstanding the apparent hand ball incident just prior to the kick out at Henderson by the Falkirk player (another incident the referee and his assistants didn't deem to be a foul and a resulting penalty), the fact the trip took place within the penalty area could have resulted in a penalty being awarded in its own right and a possible yellow card for a deliberate trip or an attempt to stop an opponent from gaining an advantage.

In my opinion this incident is worthy of a disciplinary review by you under the terms of your remit.

Please advise what will be done about this and I look forward to hearing your response.

Yours sincerely

Hibby6270 (not how I signed it off obviously. Used own name:greengrin)

Sent from my iPad

monktonharp
11-05-2016, 11:10 PM
It's an off the ball kick at a player. That is never not a red card.:agree:action must be taken, otherwise the shambles that is the football authority of Scotland is finely confirmed as a sham, and cheating of the highest order for the rest of the footballing world to see.

Sir David Gray
11-05-2016, 11:24 PM

Unbelievable.

The assistant referee should certainly have spotted that.

basehibby
12-05-2016, 12:43 AM
Absolutely gob smacked at that - McCracken clearly controls the ball with his hand with the ref looking straight at him - WTF :confused::confused::confused:

Compliance officer should certainly pull up Muirhead although don't know if any ban would be in place for Friday. He'd possibly have a right to appeal as well - even though it would be a total joke to do so.

Sean1875
12-05-2016, 02:41 AM
i really hope we pummel that ****ty little club on Friday.

RoxburghHibs
12-05-2016, 06:38 AM

Dear Sir,
I'd like to bring to your attention an incident that occurred in the Hibernian v Falkirk Premiership Play Off Semi Final game at Easter Road on Tuesday 10th May.

I've attached a link to a clip on YouTube which highlights the incident. The referee did not take action for it at the time but I'm sure you'll agree it was an off the ball incident that is worthy if review for the blatant attempt to stop the Hibernian player - Liam Henderson - from making a worthy attempt to get back to try and retrieve the ball whilst still in play.

Notwithstanding the apparent hand ball incident just prior to the kick out at Henderson by the Falkirk player (another incident the referee and his assistants didn't deem to be a foul and a resulting penalty), the fact the trip took place within the penalty area could have resulted in a penalty being awarded in its own right and a possible yellow card for a deliberate trip or an attempt to stop an opponent from gaining an advantage.

In my opinion this incident is worthy of a disciplinary review by you under the terms of your remit.

Please advise what will be done about this and I look forward to hearing your response.

Yours sincerely

Sent from my iPad

Good stuff.

Let us know what response you get back 👍🏼

Jack Hackett
12-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Wanna bet that any response will come after tomorrow nights game?

The_Sauz
12-05-2016, 01:01 PM
From what I was told by a former Junior Ref, it could be classed as "Kicking out", which is also comes under the violent conduct rule :agree:
He also told me not to hold my breath for any action to be taken.

brog
12-05-2016, 01:45 PM

Dear Sir,

Yours sincerely

Sent from my iPad

Excellent letter, can I suggest you cc Hibs on it. I'm sure AS etc will also be interested to see what develops.

JimBHibees
12-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Assuming nothing being done about this as would have happened before now. Were very quick to suspend Fyvie earlier in the season. He either does his job or doesnt cant be selective on who gets punished.

12-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Has Peter "poor me, poor me" Houston commented on this yet?

greenlex
12-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Has Peter "poor me, poor me" Houston commented on this yet?

Aye. Apparently Henderson should be careful or he might get a reputation for diving.

HibsMax
12-05-2016, 04:59 PM
I wonder what would happen if Hibs players just tripped up Falkirk players all throughout the match tomorrow night? Off the ball of course. Nothing too violent though, that would be naughty. Playful trips only.

hibby6270
12-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Excellent letter, can I suggest you cc Hibs on it. I'm sure AS etc will also be interested to see what develops.

I've forwarded email to the club.
Truth be told I'm not holding my breath for a reply from SFA.

GreenLake
12-05-2016, 08:07 PM
I wonder what would happen if Hibs players just tripped up Falkirk players all throughout the match tomorrow night? Off the ball of course. Nothing too violent though, that would be naughty. Playful trips only.

Several red cards probably

rcarter1
12-05-2016, 08:20 PM
From what I was told by a former Junior Ref, it could be classed as "Kicking out", which is also comes under the violent conduct rule :agree:
He also told me not to hold my breath for any action to be taken.

Straightforward off the ball foul - or are we being obtuse?

The SFA will … :ostrich:

magnificent_seven
12-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Never noticed that. Dirty bugger. Hope we put them in their place tomorrow night.

JimBHibees
13-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Straightforward off the ball foul - or are we being obtuse?

The SFA will … :ostrich:

So Muirhead despite this being caught on TV is allowed to play tonight. Utter joke and appalling that there has been no attempt at explaining the clearest penalty ever. Why do the clubs allow the SFA to not be fit for purpose in regard to refereeing/disciplinary?

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2016, 10:48 AM
i have a feeling that if both these incidents had happened to Falkirk it would be in every newspaper...via houston