PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk fans

11-05-2016, 11:04 AM
What a bunch of absolute roasters. Embarrassing two of their only songs are "oh the hibees are gay" and "Jason Cummings peodophile".

Cringeworthy support of the highest order.

SmashinGlass
11-05-2016, 11:06 AM
What a bunch of absolute roasters. Embarrassing two of their only songs are "oh the hibees are gay" and "Jason Cummings peodophile".

They weren't all Falkirk fans. This I know, as I saw at least 3 people I know who are yams (1 of whom was my cousin) going to the game....

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2016, 11:19 AM

A sad cringeworthy theme from all their games against us this season. Clearly their manager is rubbing off on them. Although they have a history of bad taste "songs".

Raith were as bad last week tho.

Geo_1875
11-05-2016, 11:21 AM
They weren't all Falkirk fans. This I know, as I saw at least 3 people I know who are yams (1 of whom was my cousin) going to the game....

Those 3 must have very loud voices as it sounded like a lot more to me.

11-05-2016, 11:22 AM
True, i am aware their was a few obsessed yams in their with them last night. weirdos.

Billy Whizz

If you think they were bad last night, wait till you here them on Friday night. They will mown at every little decision.
Thomson needs to be strong on Friday

BoomtownHibees
Weirdos

Steve20
11-05-2016, 11:23 AM
If you think they were bad last night, wait till you here them on Friday night. They will mown at every little decision.

They'll not get many decisions against them with Thomson as ref.

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2016, 11:25 AM
They'll not get many decisions against them with Thomson as ref.

Depends. Thomson has been pretty decent when reffing us since THAT game. Although it has all been run of the mill league games with not a lot at stake.

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2016, 11:26 AM

Yet if you look at their forum, they have the cheek to say that we shout for every decision going. I've always found them a pretty bad support for doing exactly that.

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2016, 11:28 AM
I was surprised at how poor the Falkirk support was last night, both in numbers and their seeming determination to act like diet Yams .... pathetic!!!

Having said that ..... Its pretty clear that Hibs only have about 10,000 folk who actually care about the club enough to support it in its biggest game of the season. Well done the folk who did turn up, they stuck by the team all the way and sounded more like 20,000 at times.

11-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Yet if you look at their forum, they have the cheek to say that we shout for every decision going. I've always found them a pretty bad support for doing exactly that.

They also had the cheek to sing about OUR manager being a ****er :faf: Check your own ya ****ing fannies, you've got the biggest arse of a manager in Scottish football in your own dug out.

lyonhibs
11-05-2016, 11:36 AM
They also had the cheek to sing about OUR manager being a ****er :faf: Check your own ya ****ing fannies, you've got the biggest arse of a manager in Scottish football in your own dug out.

Football fans in "being blinkered in own team's favour" shocker :greengrin

Since90+2
11-05-2016, 11:38 AM
I was surprised at how poor the Falkirk support was last night, both in numbers and their seeming determination to act like diet Yams .... pathetic!!!

Having said that ..... Its pretty clear that Hibs only have about 10,000 folk who actually care about the club enough to support it in its biggest game of the season. Well done the folk who did turn up, they stuck by the team all the way and sounded more like 20,000 at times.

Did you not miss the Raith playoff game? That at the time was our biggest game of the season.

cabbageandribs1875
11-05-2016, 11:46 AM
they certainly sound very yamesque with this hibees are gay p@sh, they really are bairns

11-05-2016, 12:02 PM
they certainly sound very yamesque with this hibees are gay p@sh, they really are bairns

Like i said in the OP, i found them cringey as ****. Falkirk fast becoming one of my most disliked teams:

Cringey fans
Shan "stadium"
Team of moaning, dirty cheats
and an absolute bellend of the highest order of a manager.

The_Horde
11-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Weird club desperate to make a rivalry against us.

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Inbred, dragon chasing, window licking, spoon burning, grangemouth inhaling, diddy club supporting, knuckle dragging *******s with a total walloper as their manager.

JimBHibees
11-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Depends. Thomson has been pretty decent when reffing us since THAT game. Although it has all been run of the mill league games with not a lot at stake.

He reffed the Scottish cup tie at Tynecastle.

erin go bragh
11-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Best way to shut them up is to win on Fri .

GGTTH

SeanWilson
11-05-2016, 12:20 PM
He reffed the Scottish cup tie at Tynecastle.

well if i remember?

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Did you not miss the Raith playoff game? That at the time was our biggest game of the season.

Yes I did because I was in Portugal ........ But if I had been at home I would have been at the game. Don't tell me that thousands of our supporters simply couldn't be there last night because they were all otherwise occupied.

I was happy to tell folk I missed the RR game ( the first home game I've missed for more years than I can remember ) because I appreciate that sometimes for a host of reasons its not possible to be there and I'm no different. If you can go though why wouldn't you .... just how big / important does the game have to be before you stop calling yourself a Hibs fan and actually prove it?

Leith Green
11-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Only one way to shut the wee fannies up

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Yes I did because I was in Portugal ........ But if I had been at home I would have been at the game. Don't tell me that thousands of our supporters simply couldn't be there last night because they were all otherwise occupied.

I was happy to tell folk I missed the RR game ( the first home game I've missed for more years than I can remember ) because I appreciate that sometimes for a host of reasons its not possible to be there and I'm no different. If you can go though why wouldn't you .... just how big / important does the game have to be before you stop calling yourself a Hibs fan and actually prove it?

Agree, it was a poor support. Too many nominal fans are too apathetic and fickle. Say what you want about the hearts fans, but they have, and are, certainly backing their team more than we are

Lago
11-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Agree, it was a poor support. Too many nominal fans are too apathetic and fickle. Say what you want about the hearts fans, but they have, and are, certainly backing their team more than we are
In all my time supporting Hibs, 40+ years, Hearts have always carried a bigger support than Hibs.

HibsNutter
11-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Got to feel for them, a play-off battle with us is as much excitement as they've had in years. Small time.

greenlex
11-05-2016, 01:20 PM
In all my time supporting Hibs, 40+ years, Hearts have always carried a bigger support than Hibs.

It's because the vast majority of the the population are inbred mutants with no class. Follows there will be more follow them.

Since90+2
11-05-2016, 01:24 PM

My point was that people will have valid reasons like you did that stopped them going last night. Sure some won't but your post just lumped everyone in together.

These constant jibes ah fellow supporters are divisive.

SteveHFC
11-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Got to feel for them, a play-off battle with us is as much excitement as they've had in years. Small time.

This.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-05-2016, 01:30 PM

I thinkbin the last season before romanov artificially inflated hearts, oir average crowds were higher.

In the 90s, average crowds would comparable i think - dont know about 70s but i imagine hibs would have had bigger crowds

Anyway that still doesnt explain were the additional 10,000 whi will be at the cup dinal were last night?

Dashing Bob S
11-05-2016, 01:30 PM
The thread about Falkirk fans got me thinking. The default cultural setting for most football club supporters in Scotland is Hun or Hun lite. The exceptions to this I can think of, from the top of my head, are Hibs, Celtic, Dundee United, Aberdeen, Dunfermline and Partick Thistle. All the others seem dominated, to a greater or lesser extent, by a Hun cultural mentality, manifest in song, thought and attitude.

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2016, 05:20 PM
My point was that people will have valid reasons like you did that stopped them going last night. Sure some won't but your post just lumped everyone in together.

These constant jibes ah fellow supporters are divisive.

I usually say in posts on this subject that I appreciate that folk simply cant make it at times .... but that's usually followed by folk telling me why folk cant go, ignoring the fact that I've already said I know that, so it seems pointless bothering.

As for being "divisive"

I wouldn't be bothered if 10,000 was the best we can do for an important game, but its not is it? .... when the Hearts game wasn't on TV we filled all 3 home stands and that was in colder weather with tickets twice the price. 30,000 turned up at Hampden, 3 x last nights home support .... even if 10,000 of them only ever go to finals, what about the other 10,000?

I just fail to see how these same folk calling themselves Hibs 'supporters' didn't seem to think last night was important enough to turn up ...... if those of us who care enough about the club to 'actively' support it getting annoyed at their lukewarm ( to be kind ) support is divisive then that's a shame .... but seeing as they cant be arsed enough to turn up at Easter Road when it really matters anyway it hardly matters if they get all upset at what I think of them does it?

hibs69
11-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Does this happen regularly on here? A thread starts about opposing fans verbally abusing our players and the thread morphs into a thread with fans having a go at each other?

I remember being in the Grassmarket watching the Brazil v Scotland World Cup opener in 98, and a bunch of total bellends started a pedophile song about Brazil Ronaldo? We all thought, "wtf is that all aboot?!"

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Does this happen regularly on here? A thread starts about opposing fans verbally abusing our players and the thread morphs into a thread with fans having a go at each other?

I remember being in the Grassmarket watching the Brazil v Scotland World Cup opener in 98, and a bunch of total bellends started a pedophile song about Brazil Ronaldo? We all thought, "wtf is that all aboot?!"

Yeah on nearly every one. Boring eh [emoji849]

Joe6-2
11-05-2016, 06:46 PM

What is wrong with these people? I wouldn't pay 20p to watch the jams play anybody!

Jack Hackett
11-05-2016, 06:55 PM
What is wrong with these people? I wouldn't pay 20p to watch the jams play anybody!

You have to remember we're talking about people who 'believed' they owed the money to themselves :rolleyes:

Cut them some slack....preferably over a large chasm

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2016, 06:56 PM
What is wrong with these people? I wouldn't pay 20p to watch the jams play anybody!Haven't had a chance to celebrate their own team scoring at Easter Road for a while...

green day
11-05-2016, 07:00 PM
They acted like children last night.

It's wee diddy club mentality.

Let's hope we ram it right up them on Friday.

hibeerealist
11-05-2016, 07:15 PM

ALWAYS, aye ok!! sniff

Holmesdale Hibs
11-05-2016, 08:36 PM
I think your 'average' Falkirk fan is probably alright, at least the few I've met have been. There must be a Hun/Celtic element round there so fair play to them for supporting their local team.

Songs like those mentioned by the OP are quite pathetic and you wonder about the mental age of the grown men (or more likely wee neds) that are still moving them.

Sir David Gray
11-05-2016, 09:59 PM
The ones who took part in the song about Jason Cummings being a paedophile should be ashamed of themselves.

It's a disgusting thing to say about anyone. It isn't funny or clever and I said the same thing about the idiots in our support who chanted the same thing at Jamie Langfield earlier in the season.

There's no need whatsoever.

monktonharp
11-05-2016, 10:24 PM
I was astounded, that less than 13000 Hibernian fans bothered to turn up last night. don't quote me the exact figure. I was astounded, that less than13k failed to turn up

The Harp Awakes
11-05-2016, 11:36 PM
The thread about Falkirk fans got me thinking. The default cultural setting for most football club supporters in Scotland is Hun or Hun lite. The exceptions to this I can think of, from the top of my head, are Hibs, Celtic, Dundee United, Aberdeen, Dunfermline and Partick Thistle. All the others seem dominated, to a greater or lesser extent, by a Hun cultural mentality, manifest in song, thought and attitude.

I would include Hamilton and Clyde in the non-Hun/Hun lite list, but I agree that there aren't many exceptions. Actually, when I grew up watching Hibs in the 70s/80s Aberdeen were known amongst some Hibs fans as the Huns of the North. That tag was probably dropped in the late 80s with the Ian Durrant/Neil Simpson incident which led to to Aberdeen hating the full fat, original, zombie Huns more than any other club in Scotland.

JennaFletcher
12-05-2016, 06:57 AM
Need to win on Friday and shut them up big time.

When I was walking to my flat door a young bairn (18 or so) stuck his head out the Corsa he was in and said "****** the Hibees ya f***ing b**ch!" :greengrin:aok:

j.higg
12-05-2016, 09:27 AM
I was none too impressed with the Falkirk fans last night with their rants at our manager, our players (Cummings and Logan) and us ourselves for being happy :wink: !!!

And then to be asked by the stadium announcer to give a big thank you to the travelling Falkirk fans at the end of the match........eh I don't think so pal!!

easty
12-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Need to win on Friday and shut them up big time.

When I was walking to my flat door a young bairn (18 or so) stuck his head out the Corsa he was in and said "****** the Hibees ya f***ing b**ch!" :greengrin:aok:

I can't work out what that first asterisked out word is...

flash
12-05-2016, 09:48 AM
I can't work out what that first asterisked out word is...

Cuddle?

seanoheimhin
12-05-2016, 09:52 AM
The ones who took part in the song about Jason Cummings being a paedophile should be ashamed of themselves.

It's a disgusting thing to say about anyone. It isn't funny or clever and I said the same thing about the idiots in our support who chanted the same thing at Jamie Langfield earlier in the season.

There's no need whatsoever.

Definitely right to hold the hands up and say that some of our fans have their moments too. I've heard enough homophobic slurs thrown at players and other fans to fill a novel. In my experience, that sort of thing is no less common at ER than most grounds.

Mathias Jack
12-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Falkirk fans...boring fans from a small time provincial club. I'd class them in a level just below the **** buckets from the PBS.

I didn't go the other night, but I had a season ticket this season, and have got one for next. I've signed up for HSL, and if we get past Falkirk, I'll be going to Kilmarnock. Clearly shows I don't care right enough...

pacoluna
12-05-2016, 10:11 AM
" we're blue, we're white ....." you know the rest.. that must be one of the most tedious, repetitive, dreariest, soul destroying chants in football. :grr::grr::grr:

Kato
12-05-2016, 10:28 AM
That tag was probably dropped in the late 80s with the Ian Durrant/Neil Simpson incident which led to to Aberdeen hating the full fat, original, zombie Huns more than any other club in Scotland.

I always found it weird that Aberdeen ended up hating Rangers so much because one of their players crippled a Rangers player.

TAHibby
12-05-2016, 11:49 AM
The away supporters sing about the hibees being gay, two supporters stand up and share an embrace. The east erupts, the away stand look on in disbelief. When will something like this happen?

churchie16
12-05-2016, 12:34 PM
" we're blue, we're white ....." you know the rest.. that must be one of the most tedious, repetitive, dreariest, soul destroying chants in football. :grr::grr::grr:

Would be class if we were winning 2-0 with a minute to go with every hibs fan singing "there blue there white there absolutely s**** Falkirk Bairns Falkirk bairns" hope we destroy them tomorrow night!

pacoluna
12-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Would be class if we were winning 2-0 with a minute to go with every hibs fan singing "there blue there white there absolutely s**** Falkirk Bairns Falkirk bairns" hope we destroy them tomorrow night!

As long as we don't hear "is this the way to Amarillo" tomorrow we will be doing fine :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
12-05-2016, 12:57 PM

only 2-0 with a minute on the clock!?!?!? You're brave :wink:

Edson Arantes
12-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Weird club desperate to make a rivalry against us.

You've just described Hertz.

Edson Arantes
12-05-2016, 02:07 PM

Aye.

12-05-2016, 03:38 PM

Their very limited number of songs are pish. Generic chants you would hear kids singing in the playground. Hence why they have to resort to the yam pish "oh the hibees are gay". Tbh even the yams out grew that years ago :faf: