PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Summary so far...

GreenCastle
11-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Played 3

Won 1 - Lost 1 - Drawn 1

Goals for 4
Goals against 3

Raith Away Game - loads of chances created - not clinical enough

Raith Home Game - great start - took chances well and scored off a corner!!! 3rd goal would have made the final 70 minutes easier.

Falkirk Home Game - 1st half too much possession with no end product. 2nd half - excellent 20 mins where we turned the game around and scored off a near identical corner to Raith! Stonewall penalty missed and a GK error. Created enough chances to win game 3-1 or more.

We still have possibility of 3 games left in the playoffs..1 at least.

Friday will be tough but we know what we have to do and Falkirk still haven't beaten us yet this season. You could say they are due a win or you could say even when things have gone against us we have still taken from the match.

The reason we caused problems for Falkirk 2nd half yesterday was the speed of play and nearly every pass going forward. We used width and managed to get Gray in areas which asked them questions. It was risky but it worked.

Friday I hope we can play with less pressure being the away team - but we need to be clinical with any chances we get - Stokes needs to produce and Cummings is going through a tough spell but needs better service. Will be interesting to see if Stubbs plays Cummings / Keatings or sticks with same 11.

I really hope those going on Friday make a hell of a lot of noise and get behind the team - the 1st goal is going to be crucial. It's a massive game and win it and I feel we can go into the final 3 games (Killie / Cup Final / Killie) with great confidence.