PDA

View Full Version : This is why we will win on Friday

Unseen work
11-05-2016, 01:15 AM
1. Both falkirk goals were complete fluke, a deflection and a goalkeeping howler.

2 We were denied a stone wall penalty and potentially a red card.

3. Cummings hasn't scored in 3 games.

Tonight was very unlucky and I can't see them getting that same luck in the second leg - provided our performance is of a similar standard to tonight.

Cummings not scoring is unlike him and he scores when u most need it. He will produce on Friday.

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2016, 01:30 AM
Friday is an absolute coin toss, we're the better team, they are the luckier one who fight and kick for everything. Both have had long hard seasons, both have enough to win it, both have enough to lose it. Will be very close, hope it is us who get the break needed.

Their manager is a ****ing ****er as well, cant forget that.

mcfly
11-05-2016, 06:36 AM
Friday is an absolute coin toss, we're the better team, they are the luckier one who fight and kick for everything. Both have had long hard seasons, both have enough to win it, both have enough to lose it. Will be very close, hope it is us who get the break needed.

Summed up perfectly

The Leith Dutch
11-05-2016, 06:43 AM

I'd imagine that lawyers of ****ing ****ers the length and breadth of the country will be instructed to take action at the scurrilous association of their clients with Peter Houston......

hibsbollah
11-05-2016, 06:44 AM

In a nutshell.

buktapurple79
11-05-2016, 07:23 AM
I'm going on Friday. Cannot wait. We will hammer them. We are a FOOTBALL team. They are not. Crap team, crap stadium, vile ethos, crap were town, absolute Yam tube of a 'manager'. No one wants them in the SPL. I just pray we get a semi-competent ref. We're at our best when we're up against it and I think we'll do them big style. This is the biggest couple of weeks in our recent history and we have the squad and talent to dispose of the teams in blue. GGTTH.

marinello59
11-05-2016, 07:27 AM
I'm going on Friday. Cannot wait. We will hammer them. We are a FOOTBALL team. They are not. Crap team, crap stadium, vile ethos, crap were town, absolute Yam tube of a 'manager'. No one wants them in the SPL. I just pray we get a semi-competent ref. We're at our best when we're up against it and I think we'll do them big style. This is the biggest couple of weeks in our recent history and we have the squad and talent to dispose of the teams in blue. GGTTH.

The ref is Craig Thomson.

hibs69
11-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Semi competent ref is Craig *** Thomson.

Steve20
11-05-2016, 07:48 AM
We have the better football players.

Our rubbish away form and Craig Thomson as ref could sway it back their way.

Hermit Crab
11-05-2016, 07:50 AM
I'm sure there was a similar thread before the cup final vs Ross county. That didn't go well.

SJM
11-05-2016, 07:51 AM
Touch and go Friday will be. Disaster if we fail to get through and will be sickening after the second half last night.

Diclonius
11-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Falkirk are the new Hearts. Houston has emulated their style perfectly.

Man Down Under
11-05-2016, 08:03 AM
On paper we should win. But football isn't played on paper. Anyone's game, even though I think we will win.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

chrisski33
11-05-2016, 08:07 AM

Should have hammered them last night but we didnt! Cant see how folk can be so confident we will win. If we cant take our scoring chances we wont win.
Reasons have been given to why will win on fri but theres many reasons we wont.

Andy74
11-05-2016, 08:09 AM
I'm confident we will win but we can't pretend we are much better than them. They finished above us and they've drawn the first leg at our place.

They have a knack of taking their chances which is what it's all about.

If our strikers turn up we should win, but they aren't doing that too often just now.

greenlex
11-05-2016, 08:15 AM
If all our players play well and we have no players below the expected level we will win. We also need the ref to actually ref the game properly.

matty_f
11-05-2016, 08:16 AM
I'm sure there was a similar thread before the cup final vs Ross county. That didn't go well.

Yeah because these threads influence the games. :aok:

PercyHibs
11-05-2016, 08:24 AM
I was really impressed with their strikers last night. Both worked really hard. Cummings was a passenger last night and we'll have a much better chance of progressing if we play keatings or boyle.

SJM
11-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Keattings wasn't any better. Why do people persist in thinking he's a better option than JC?

PercyHibs
11-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Keattings wasn't any better. Why do people persist in thinking he's a better option than JC?

Because Cummings is well off form and keatings deserves his chance. The last time keatings started he scored a hatrick. As I said before cummings was a passenger last night. Should we just play him again?

Ged
11-05-2016, 08:51 AM

Not surprised to see you running scared of the next game.

SeanWilson
11-05-2016, 08:54 AM
I was really impressed with their strikers last night. Both worked really hard. Cummings was a passenger last night and we'll have a much better chance of progressing if we play keatings or boyle.

Its harsh on JC. He has a role to play in the team and he probably falls out the game with Stokes doing all the running.... his play and pass for the stokes sitter was as good as he's been all season - people saying he doesn't have a first touch should be trying to get hold of that replay.

Stokes and JC are both individually great players, they have to both get on the scoresheet at some point - lets hope its Friday.

Spike Mandela
11-05-2016, 08:54 AM
On paper we should win. But football isn't played on paper. Anyone's game, even though I think we will win.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

It won't even be played on grass on Friday.:rolleyes:

PercyHibs
11-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Its harsh on JC. He has a role to play in the team and he probably falls out the game with Stokes doing all the running.... his play and pass for the stokes sitter was as good as he's been all season - people saying he doesn't have a first touch should be trying to get hold of that replay.

Stokes and JC are both individually great players, they have to both get on the scoresheet at some point - lets hope its Friday.

I know how good JC is but hes not on form so someone else should be given the chance IMO. Why is stokes doing all the running? I seen stokes run past JC last night to close down a player. They should be working as hard as each other. Like Baird and Miller done last night.

I hope JC has a big part to play in the remaining few games but I think it needs to start from coming off the bench.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Friday will be the biggest game of the season ....i just hope we're up for it

SeanWilson
11-05-2016, 09:03 AM
I know how good JC is but hes not on form so someone else should be given the chance IMO. Why is stokes doing all the running? I seen stokes run past JC last night to close down a player. They should be working as hard as each other. Like Baird and Miller done last night.

I hope JC has a big part to play in the remaining few games but I think it needs to start from coming off the bench.

Stokes is more of a natural no.10 i think, more of a free role type player who's always had a poachers instinct/eye for goal throughout career. In this hibs team, unfortunately he's had do do far more of the play maker role than a box striker. JC is an insinctive goal scorer, he isn't very good at holding the ball up and he's not the best at beating players but 9 times out of 10, if the ball is laid on a plate, he knows where the back of the net is.

I think we've seen in the last two games the difference DMcG makes to allowing the midfield to play and Stokes to be somewhere around the 18yd rather than falling back to the halfway line to gather the ball.

I'm also on the fence re JC but wouldn't be adverse to giving him 60 mins on Friday as he's due a break of the ball.

The Pointer
11-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Should have hammered them last night but we didnt! Cant see how folk can be so confident we will win. If we cant take our scoring chances we wont win.
Reasons have been given to why will win on fri but theres many reasons we wont.

A bit of realism creeping in.

We've been here so many times before and while, yes, we should win, the reality is we weren't great in the first half yesterday and our build-up play is so ponderous at times. Also, I wish we would get some shots from outside the box instead of trying to pass it into the forwards feet, especially when the penalty area is crowded with players. As others have said, we need width.

At least we have a half-decent record there and if we get a bit of noise going, who knows.

SeanWilson
11-05-2016, 09:06 AM
A bit of realism creeping in.

We've been here so many times before and while, yes, we should win, the reality is we weren't great in the first half yesterday and our build-up play is so ponderous at times. Also, I wish we would get some shots from outside the box instead of trying to pass it into the forwards feet, especially when the penalty area is crowded with players. As others have said, we need width.

At least we have a half-decent record there and if we get a bit of noise going, who knows.

While we might not have been 'that great' first half, i'd hazard a guess that we bossed the stats? We seemed to be well on top until the fluke goal? Had Fyvie managed to pass the ball in to the right side of the post, people would be lauding our first half.

Second half we absolutely murdered them for 35 mins. We really should be winning on Friday night.

monktonharp
11-05-2016, 09:30 AM
I'm confident we will win but we can't pretend we are much better than them. They finished above us and they've drawn the first leg at our place.

If our strikers turn up we should win, but they aren't doing that too often just now.Falkirk did score last night, but both with a huge chunk of luck which cant be denied. did they have any other "chances" opposed to our chances? Stokes would have scored a couple himself, on another day as he did not perform to his best last night

heretoday
11-05-2016, 09:33 AM
I think we'll get through on Friday. The pressure will be on Falkirk, I reckon.

However, what sort of shape will we be in by the time the next test comes round?

The whole excercise is weighted heavily against the lower league team.

The_Horde
11-05-2016, 10:01 AM

If our strikers turn up we should win, but they aren't doing that too often just now.

Taking their chances = 1 massively lucky deflected goal and a goalkeeping howler.

Hardly down to them being clinical is it.

Andy74
11-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Falkirk did score last night, but both with a huge chunk of luck which cant be denied. did they have any other "chances" opposed to our chances? Stokes would have scored a couple himself, on another day as he did not perform to his best last night

Agree but its a habit with us, opposition score with only chances that often aren't even chances anyway, we dominate and don't take the amount of chances we should.

Stokes now has what 1 in 10 games?

None of our strikers have scored in 3 play off games. It's an issue for us and we keep saying we will get them the next time..

TheGreenStag
11-05-2016, 10:28 AM
It's going to be hard to win there looking at our record this season one win rest are draws against Falkirk. We gave them that draw yesterday and yes referee was a bizmo. He should quit after that game imo. Anyways, In my opinion Stokes needs to be taken out of equation and we should be more confident. Cummings + Stokes is a no go plus Stokes cannot finish 100% chances! They have to throw all into that game. Peter Houston is very confident and he's hood at his job but we are class and they just feed of our mistakes. We had 16 shots overall yesterday where them only 2! With on deflection! We should be 4-2 up at least. Stubbs, i have a lot of time for him but he needs to make some bold decisions before Friday so Falkirk can get hammered. Enough of this passing game in front of the box and take some bold decisions and start shooting test goalie and eventually he will make a mistake. Let's not be like Bayern and throw all away just to have better passing or possession. We need to be more angry and deadly and eager to score in front of the goal! #GGTTH

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
11-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Taking their chances = 1 massively lucky deflected goal and a goalkeeping howler.

Hardly down to them being clinical is it.

Other aspects though, no idea why Gray dropped deep probably thinking he may have blocked Taiwo's shot however all he did was play onside Miller.

2nd goal is another horror show McGregor loses the header, Hanlon doesnt get tight enough and lets the guy shoot and then Logan fumbles it into the net. Too many of these soft, soft goals being given away. We should have been moaning about the penalty not giving us a 2 goal lead, rather than having to accept a draw.

SeanWilson
11-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Other aspects though, no idea why Gray dropped deep probably thinking he may have blocked Taiwo's shot however all he did was play onside Miller.

2nd goal is another horror show McGregor loses the header, Hanlon doesnt get tight enough and lets the guy shoot and then Logan fumbles it into the net. Too many of these soft, soft goals being given away. We should have been moaning about the penalty not giving us a 2 goal lead, rather than having to accept a draw.

thought he was perhaps too tight? He had no way of blocking as he was trying his hardest not to give away the pen due to being all over the guy. BTW - having now seen highlights, its actually a great finish from the boy (albeit an easy save from the finish).

scoopyboy
11-05-2016, 10:35 AM
The ref is Craig Thomson.

I couldn't care about that to be honest.

He is miles better than the rubbish that have reffed us in the League this season.

JimBHibees
11-05-2016, 10:36 AM
thought he was perhaps too tight? He had no way of blocking as he was trying his hardest not to give away the pen due to being all over the guy. BTW - having now seen highlights, its actually a great finish from the boy (albeit an easy save from the finish).

Dont think he should allow him to turn and shoot at all, poor defending IMO but as you say Logan should have put his cap on it.

SeanWilson
11-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Dont think he should allow him to turn and shoot at all, poor defending IMO but as you say Logan should have put his cap on it.

i think either way, Hanlon must do better in that scenario but yeah, Logan had a clanger - i think he was maybe thinking about the parry leaving the ball open in the box (or maybe i'm just making excuses for him?:greengrin)

11-05-2016, 10:46 AM

This 100%. Falkirk got extremely lucky tonight but there is little between the teams, friday could go either way, very difficult to call.

Edinburgher
11-05-2016, 02:08 PM
I think we will do it on Friday and Cummings will get a couple - he seems to do well on artificial surfaces - Hamilton in the play offs when he first really came to many peoples attentions and he`s scored a couple of times at Brockville too.

TheMentalHibees
11-05-2016, 02:13 PM

I actually thought our attacking play took a dip when Cummings went off. Also the most clear cut chance of the game was from his pass into Stokes.

coldingham hibs
11-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Our away form is dreadful and is a real concern for this game. Falkirk have (I believe) the best home record in the League.

That said we are by far the better team and hopefully quality will prevail.

Dav1986
11-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Our away form is dreadful and is a real concern for this game. Falkirk have (I believe) the best home record in the League.

I'd have thought ours and rangers home form is better? Only drawn 2? And lost one at home in the league? They've lost 2 and drawn one against us?

I might be wrong but can only remember us dropping points at home to St mirren, Falkirk and moron this season?

Agree that we are the better team and our quality should see us through as long as we have same attitude as second half last night.

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2016, 02:56 PM

Actually their home record is 3rd to Rangers and us. And theyve scored less goals than we have at home, although they've only conceded 13 in 18 games

Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD Pts
1 Rangers 36 16 2 0 48 13 9 4 5 40 21 54 81
2 Falkirk 36 13 3 2 33 13 6 10 2 28 21 27 70
3 Hibernian 36 14 3 1 37 15 7 4 7 22 19 25 70

Borderhibbie76
11-05-2016, 07:46 PM

No they dont both Us and Sevco have better home records than them though i do agree our away form is a concern

coldingham hibs
11-05-2016, 07:55 PM
No they dont both Us and Sevco have better home records than them though i do agree our away form is a concern

I think we have only won something like once in the last ten away games. Fingers crossed that we treat this like a cup tie & not a league game. 😁

JC94
11-05-2016, 08:00 PM
They 3 reasons could also be why we wont win on Friday.

Borderhibbie76
11-05-2016, 08:01 PM
I think we have only won something like once in the last ten away games. Fingers crossed that we treat this like a cup tie & not a league game. 😁
That is a worrying stat..let's hope we do

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GreenLake
11-05-2016, 08:57 PM
I think we will do it and convincingly after a spell of resistance in the first half. This game is must win if we are to outdo the new team in achievements this season and we still have a chance to do that with promotion and the cup.

Sammy7nil
11-05-2016, 09:17 PM
I do think we will win the problem is Falkirk have played for no more than 10 minutes in each of the last 2 games and scored 2 goals in each game that is a worry. If it is anything to do with football Hibs will win.

munchar
11-05-2016, 09:39 PM
I do think we will win the problem is Falkirk have played for no more than 10 minutes in each of the last 2 games and scored 2 goals in each game that is a worry. If it is anything to do with football Hibs will win.

If we play for 90 minutes the way we played the 2nd 45, we will win convincingly.
Even if we do concede.
GGTTH

CRAZYHIBBY
11-05-2016, 09:43 PM
If we lose we could end up winning the championship title next season