PDA

View Full Version : Our biggest game of the season, so far.

monktonharp
11-05-2016, 12:37 AM
to my mind, the biggest was the League Cup final. Last night's was quite close and Friday's will probably be our biggest....only so far, if we actually win. If we lose, then obviously the Scottish cup Final will be our biggest.

Onion
11-05-2016, 09:11 AM
to my mind, the biggest was the League Cup final. Last night's was quite close and Friday's will probably be our biggest....only so far, if we actually win. If we lose, then obviously the Scottish cup Final will be our biggest.

Friday is huge. IMO Hibs are heading for an all or nothing outcome in the next few games. I cannot see a situation where we lose on Friday and win the Scottish Cup, the impact on the team, club, players and Stubbs will be just too devastating. Lose on Friday, and in many players minds the season (and perhaps their Hibs careers) are over. We'll be reading all about Stubbs moving to England during the whole of Cup Final week.

If we make the PO final, the result of the SC Final could have a huge impact on the second leg.

I cannot think of many times in all my years of supporting Hibs where a series of games meant so much. It is the perfect storm.

monktonharp
11-05-2016, 09:20 AM
:agree:I think we must win on Friday to give us a massive lift against the Huns.I too cant remember a season quite like this and Ihave watched Hibs for nearly 50 years. I'm forever saying we never get the "luck" in important games. hope I am wrong this time and Mr Thompson may have a hand in it

Mili Tant
11-05-2016, 09:30 AM
:agree:I think we must win on Friday to give us a massive lift against the Huns.I too cant remember a season quite like this and Ihave watched Hibs for nearly 50 years. I'm forever saying we never get the "luck" in important games. hope I am wrong this time and Mr Thompson may have a hand in it

As someone who has supported Hibs for OVER 50 years I agree!!!!:wink::thumbsup: Never in that time have we had such an important fortnight of matches. I hate to make this comparison (but I will) '86. If we don't win on Friday, I fear greatly for us in the final and in the next couple of seasons.

monktonharp
11-05-2016, 09:33 AM
As someone who has supported Hibs for OVER 50 years I agree!!!!:wink::thumbsup: Never in that time have we had such an important fortnight of matches. I hate to make this comparison (but I will) '86. If we don't win on Friday, I fear greatly for us in the final and in the next couple of seasons. Oh ye of little faith Mili :wink:

monktonharp
11-05-2016, 09:35 AM
As someone who has supported Hibs for OVER 50 years I agree!!!!:wink::thumbsup: Never in that time have we had such an important fortnight of matches. I hate to make this comparison (but I will) '86. If we don't win on Friday, I fear greatly for us in the final and in the next couple of seasons.btw can you put a link up for the goals scored last night?

Moulin Yarns
11-05-2016, 09:37 AM
btw can you put a link up for the goals scored last night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzGCyKKyb6A

SeanWilson
11-05-2016, 09:39 AM

Completely see where you're coming from with this logic but you have to take in to the equation that its hibs.... it would be just like us to capitulate in the league play off and win the bloody cup a week later........

Anyway, not going to happen, we win at a canter on Friday :cb

hibs69
11-05-2016, 09:41 AM
I cannot think of many times in all my years of supporting Hibs where a series of games meant so much. It is the perfect storm.

Yip, spot on for me too. As many Hibs fans will agree, Friday night is so much bigger than the Cup Final. Defeat in the CF, like 01, 12, 13, we move on like we have done for all these flippin years........, defeat on Friday???? I can't face another season vs Duffys Morton and the like. (Obviously need to beat Killie, but I'd be quietly confident of that)

FRIDAY is the big one.

SlickShoes
11-05-2016, 09:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzGCyKKyb6A

I have no idea how that's not a handball, it's one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. Could understand if the ball had been rattled against him but he actually changes the path of the ball by putting his hand on it then booting it away. Truly staggering.