PDA

View Full Version : Have we broken the worlds largest mirror?

The_Horde
10-05-2016, 11:04 PM
How bad is our luck? I'm sitting here wondering how we've even conceded one tonight. Let alone two!!!

The goals (particularly the first) were up there with the luckiest goals I think I've ever seen. And I thought there was also a handball in the run up to the first goal before they got their free kick.

Stubbs must be wondering what it is we have to do against them.

Itsnoteasy
10-05-2016, 11:55 PM
How bad is our luck? I'm sitting here wondering how we've even conceded one tonight. Let alone two!!!

The goals (particularly the first) were up there with the luckiest goals I think I've ever seen. And I thought there was also a handball in the run up to the first goal before they got their free kick.

Quite simple. Take our chances.

monktonharp
11-05-2016, 12:13 AM
large mirror small mirror they both only give you 7 years bad luck. I think we get the blame for the ozone layer, north pole melting,forest defoiliation and much much more. that is why we never get a dish full o' luck. our current team, however must feel seriously offended by the goings on last night, and I hope they go into the next game with serious intent to get revenge. each and every player should be told, get in aboot them as if every one of them were the one that broke intae yer Ma's hoose and mugged yer auld Granny on the way up the path.

dangermouse
11-05-2016, 10:03 AM

There was. If Jason's was a hand ball then so was the one they got away with. Referee inconsistent yet again. Bring back the Maltese guys :greengrin

Onion
11-05-2016, 10:32 AM
large mirror small mirror they both only give you 7 years bad luck. I think we get the blame for the ozone layer, north pole melting,forest defoiliation and much much more. that is why we never get a dish full o' luck. our current team, however must feel seriously offended by the goings on last night, and I hope they go into the next game with serious intent to get revenge. each and every player should be told, get in aboot them as if every one of them were the one that broke intae yer Ma's hoose and mugged yer auld Granny on the way up the path.

You'd hope so, but we also hoped that last night. Hibs first half performance was pathetic, lacking drive, pace and purpose - despite all the pre-match talk about Falkirk over-celebrating the 2-2 game and 2nd place and what was at stake. IMO that's why a lot of Hibs fans have given up on the club. When you really need and would expect the team to step up, they lack the necessary winning attitude. Falkirk and the game were there for the taking last night.

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2016, 11:11 AM
You'd hope so, but we also hoped that last night. Hibs first half performance was pathetic, lacking drive, pace and purpose - despite all the pre-match talk about Falkirk over-celebrating the 2-2 game and 2nd place and what was at stake. IMO that's why a lot of Hibs fans have given up on the club. When you really need and would expect the team to step up, they lack the necessary winning attitude. Falkirk and the game were there for the taking last night.

Hibs struggled to get through against a team who have lost less than a goal a game this season, but probed and moved the ball about reasonably well trying to find an opening, the only time Logan touched the ball in the first half was to pick their 'lucky' goal out of the net .... to call the first half performance "pathetic" is a massive over reaction. Too many folk on this site are letting their disappointment at the final score last night cloud their judgment on what was a good display by us over the 90 minutes.

To say the team "lack the necessary winning attitude" is utter bollox.

HappyHanlon
11-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Hibs struggled to get through against a team who have lost less than a goal a game this season, but probed and moved the ball about reasonably well trying to find an opening, the only time Logan touched the ball in the first half was to pick their 'lucky' goal out of the net .... to call the first half performance "pathetic" is a massive over reaction. Too many folk on this site are letting their disappointment at the final score last night cloud their judgment on what was a good display by us over the 90 minutes.

To say the team "lack the necessary winning attitude" is utter bollox.

It really isn't. Far too slow and silly misplaced passes.

SaulGoodman
11-05-2016, 11:15 AM

Pish.

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2016, 11:17 AM

Yet you don't mention the excellent 2nd half performance. The first half wasn't particularly brilliant but we were still the better team. They rallied at half time due to being 1 down and went about it the right way in the 2nd half. they deserve credit for that. And if we can play like that on Friday, I'm confident we'll go through.

Teo10
11-05-2016, 11:20 AM
This is what I do not get. Has anyone on here actually tried to get through a team organised at having every single man behind the ball? Who play in two banks of 4 with about 5 yards in between them?

Even with the clever runs you simply cannot break them down as much as half of the Hibernian Football Manager (mind when Hibs brought that game out for PC??) experts on here. They had to probe, move the ball about and try drag them out, otherwise we just revert to hoofing it. We picked times in that first half to play the final ball and we missed a few chances, it isn't as if we created nothing?!?!?!

Waxy
11-05-2016, 11:27 AM
This is what I do not get. Has anyone on here actually tried to get through a team organised at having every single man behind the ball? Who play in two banks of 4 with about 5 yards in between them?

Even with the clever runs you simply cannot break them down as much as half of the Hibernian Football Manager (mind when Hibs brought that game out for PC??) experts on here. They had to probe, move the ball about and try drag them out, otherwise we just revert to hoofing it. We picked times in that first half to play the final ball and we missed a few chances, it isn't as if we created nothing?!?!?!
At the start of the second half we simply threaded it through the gaps in the first bank then got it out wide quickly. Reckon we're getting the hang of Falkirk now.

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2016, 11:37 AM
It really isn't. Far too slow and silly misplaced passes.

Yes it is .............. We could have used the ball better at times and had a bit more guile, nobody is denying that. But it was not a 'pathetic' effort ... were you even at the game?

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Yes it is .............. We could have used the ball better at times and had a bit more guile, nobody is denying that. But it was not a 'pathetic' effort ... were you even at the game?

:agree: Not a great first half, but you can't accuse the players of basically not trying. They just upped the pace and used a bit more guile in the 2nd half.

JeMeSouviens
11-05-2016, 11:48 AM
I thought there were 2 big differences first half to second: a higher tempo and getting the ball out to David Gray. From half time until Falkirk's equaliser was as well as we've played all season.

Andy74
11-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Their first was lucky. The second was our fault.

That said we got a bit of luck with our first against Raith too.