PDA

View Full Version : Retrospective Red

O'Rourke3
10-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Apologies if this been raised but no obvious threads. Even the Sportsound people reckoned Muirhead kicked Hendo over in the aftermath of the non penalty. Laughing their heads off at his luck. Was at the game and missed it screaming for the first one.... and didn't record the game so won't see the rerun till tomorrow. Should we have had 2 pens and a sending off this evening - albeit 1 pen from two offences by the same player in the space of about 30 seconds? Was it violent conduct. There were a couple of incidents where they put our players over on the way up the pitch....

Billy Whizz
10-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Apologies if this been raised but no obvious threads. Even the Sportsound people reckoned Muirhead kicked Hendo over in the aftermath of the non penalty. Laughing their heads off at his luck. Was at the game and missed it screaming for the first one.... and didn't record the game so won't see the rerun till tomorrow. Should we have had 2 pens and a sending off this evening - albeit 1 pen from two offences by the same player in the space of about 30 seconds? Was it violent conduct. There were a couple of incidents where they put our players over on the way up the pitch....

I think he'll be called up tomorrow and offered a ban, although might be better for it to be on Thursday

macca70
10-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Seen it at the game, blatantly kicked Hendo off the ball.

If the ref doesn't see the blatant pen, no chance he was seeing that.

pedroorange1875
10-05-2016, 11:06 PM
So with a few incidents in the space of that non pen..what exactly was he looking at if he didnt see those incidents..there is physically nowhere else to look pointing forward as he has been proven to be

Tom Hart RIP
10-05-2016, 11:17 PM
Saw it clearly. Red was running up the park and kick was behind his back so can't blame him for not seeing it. Linesman should have spotted it as Muirhead would have been last man. I haven't seen TV highlights. Did BT sport capture it?

sh00byd00
10-05-2016, 11:20 PM
If the ref seen it, which everyone knows he did, then they can't give a retrospective ban. I'm assuming he's gonna spout some pish about the player was off balance or something equally inane. We've heard it all before and it won't be the last time we witness such decisions either.

JOD
10-05-2016, 11:25 PM
They would just appeal and he could play anyway.

Green Man
10-05-2016, 11:26 PM
I think the commentator mentioned at the time that Muirhead had been lucky.

O'Rourke3
10-05-2016, 11:36 PM
If the ref seen it, which everyone knows he did, then they can't give a retrospective ban. I'm assuming he's gonna spout some pish about the player was off balance or something equally inane. We've heard it all before and it won't be the last time we witness such decisions either.

They would just appeal and he could play anyway.

I think the commentator mentioned at the time that Muirhead had been lucky.

This sums it up. Gives the ref an out. Looked like (a) but turns out to be (b). So he can claim he didn't see it and agree red card. They then cannot appeal. Everyone else thinks he got away with it, so ref can claim temp blindness - which he'll do(did) in light of the facts. Of course a deserved red card will only galvanise them to play even harder on Friday. There's nothing like misplaced righteous indignation to bond a group.... I can hear Houston now. If we had better resources weeda got justice I tells ya!

AndyB_70
11-05-2016, 12:00 AM
He clearly kicks out at Henderson as he goes chasing the referee. The ref had his back to it as he was doing his best to get away from the deliberate handball. How he didn't give it is a mystery. Well it's not really as he is just incompetent.

Bayern Bru
11-05-2016, 06:33 AM
Aye. Was Muirhead who was sent off in the 2-2 game a few weeks back. Had a go at McGinn in the incident in front of the dugouts as well, kicked it at him while on the ground. A thug.

Has previous too: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/22082562.app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk