PDA

View Full Version : Chris Mitchell - well played everyone...except Houston

HappyHanlon
10-05-2016, 09:41 PM
What a classless, scabby faced creep.

Whole stadium joins in with a minutes applause (even some Falkirk players) and Houston stands there waving his arms about like a fanny.

Even had the audacity to look across at his bench clapping and still ignored it.

Pondlife doesn't even cover it.

The Kaiser
10-05-2016, 09:42 PM
I hate the man as much as anyone but come on.

HappyHanlon
10-05-2016, 09:44 PM

Come on what?

Torto7062
10-05-2016, 09:47 PM

We were sat in the famous 5 upper and could see Stubbsy and bench clapping and Houston ignored the whole minute

Classless twat

hibee_girl
10-05-2016, 09:49 PM
It looked like he went to his bench to ask what the clapping was for

iwasthere1972
10-05-2016, 10:52 PM
It looked like he went to his bench to ask what the clapping was for

I must admit that I didn't know what the clapping was for but when you see everybody else in the stadium clapping (excluding that roaster Houston) then you just join in because you know that it will be in a good cause. Ask questions afterwards.

FranckSuzy
10-05-2016, 10:54 PM
I must admit that I didn't know what the clapping was for but when you see everybody else in the stadium clapping (excluding that roaster Houston) then you just join in because you know that it will be in a good cause. Ask questions afterwards.

:agree: and especially when a team are wearing black armbands....

hibsboy69
10-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Classless Houston.

Thecat23
10-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Fantastic to see everyone clapping and as another poster said even some of the players too.

Houston is all that's wrong in football. A man who would cheat his way and use dirty tactics to get one up on another team. I hope we never have anyone like that at Hibs.

Classless, heartless, red faced tramp!

majorhibs
11-05-2016, 02:59 AM
Fantastic to see everyone clapping and as another poster said even some of the players too.

Houston is all that's wrong in football. A man who would cheat his way and use dirty tactics to get one up on another team. I hope we never have anyone like that at Hibs.

Classless, heartless, red faced tramp!

Please never be this generous again to the biggest example of pondlife Scotland has to offer! An embarrasment to anything that comes close. Football & life get a rough deal having to live with slime like that.

gogsy23
11-05-2016, 06:24 AM
The falkirk players were baird and alston.very much hibs class

Pete
11-05-2016, 06:34 AM
I find it hard to believe he would deliberately disrespect anyone who had died, let alone a young former player of a club he loves.

Maybe he was just "in the zone"? :dunno:

marinello59
11-05-2016, 07:22 AM
I expect pelters for this but I don't think Houston did anything wrong here, he certainly didn't disrespect anyone. There are so many of these things now that there a lot of us who wonder what the clapping is for when it starts. I've heard people round me asking what the clapping is for with the reply being, Somebody must have died.' If the fans themselves don't know about a fan organised show of respect is it any surprise that managers, officials etc don't know either?
Houstons job was to get a performance out of his team last night and as such he was right to concentrate all his efforts on driving his players on.
He is still a despicable twat though.

allezsauzee
11-05-2016, 07:52 AM
To be honest, this doesn't change my opinion of Houston. I thought he was as much of a cretin before the game as I do now.

franks
11-05-2016, 08:10 AM

Same here didn't know what the clapping was for or the black arm bands but joined in none the less. At the end of the applause I asked the guy behind me what it was about.

greenlex
11-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Can't believe players on the park were clapping. I'd be unhappy if this was Hibs players.

JimBHibees
11-05-2016, 09:03 AM
I expect pelters for this but I don't think Houston did anything wrong here, he certainly didn't disrespect anyone. There are so many of these things now that there a lot of us who wonder what the clapping is for when it starts. I've heard people round me asking what the clapping is for with the reply being, Somebody must have died.' If the fans themselves don't know about a fan organised show of respect is it any surprise that managers, officials etc don't know either?
Houstons job was to get a performance out of his team last night and as such he was right to concentrate all his efforts on driving his players on.
He is still a despicable twat though.

Agree there are a catalogue of reasons not to like Houston, it would be wrong to add this to the ever growing list. :greengrin

JimBHibees
11-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Can't believe players on the park were clapping. I'd be unhappy if this was Hibs players.

Maybe knew the guy personally.

greenlex
11-05-2016, 09:06 AM
Maybe knew the guy personally.

There's a time and place in that case Jim. That wasn't it.

Geo_1875
11-05-2016, 09:11 AM
I didn't know who we were clapping for or the significance of the 14th minute. Still don't know.

Here's a question though. If our opponents scored during the minutes applause do we keep applauding or is it acceptable to stop applauding and hurl abuse at our players.

lyonhibs
11-05-2016, 09:13 AM
I didn't know who we were clapping for or the significance of the 14th minute. Still don't know.

Here's a question though. If our opponents scored during the minutes applause do we keep applauding or is it acceptable to stop applauding and hurl abuse at our players.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/08/tributes-flood-in-as-scottish-footballer-chris-mitchell-27-tragically-dies-5868833/

Ex-Falkirk player, something one might have expected the current tomato heided ******** in the Falkirk hotseat to know about seeing as his club issued an official note of condolence on their official website.

JimBHibees
11-05-2016, 09:15 AM
There's a time and place in that case Jim. That wasn't it.

Up to them though I am sure they were able to clap and focus at the same time.

Libby Hibby
11-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Going against the grain here but I specifically looked at Houston during the minute clap along with all the players, dug outs and fans and Houston did participate. Perhaps not for the full minute but he did join in and it's ridiculous to suggest that he didn't.

My_Wife_Camille
11-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Up to them though I am sure they were able to clap and focus at the same time.
It was during a dead ball situation. Lee Miller and Mark Kerr were clapping while the game was stopped but carried on with the game when it started again

SJM
11-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Why wasn't there a minutes silence but black bands? Old player and young Scottish guy, I thought there would have been.

oconnors_strip
11-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Why wasn't there a minutes silence but black bands? Old player and young Scottish guy, I thought there would have been.

I believe there will be something planned for Friday nights game

SJM
11-05-2016, 04:27 PM
I believe there will be something planned for Friday nights game

Thanks 👍

MagicSwirlingShip
11-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Something like this seems to happen every week nowadays.

I'm all for showing respect but a minutes silence is the one for me, clapping during the game respects no-body, the person who has passed or the players on the pitch.

SJM
11-05-2016, 04:48 PM

I'm all for showing respect but a minutes silence is the one for me, clapping during the game respects no-body, the person who has passed or the players on the pitch.
Clapping at a minute works fine with me if it's unofficial for a fan or someone. When it's a former player or staff it should be a silence.

neil7908
11-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Have to be honest and say I didn't know what the applause was for so didn't join in either. Felt like a bit of an eejit now having read what it was about but also feel it would be daft of me to just start applauding cause a few thousand other folk are. Also think minutes silence is the way to go, not sure when the applause thing started coming into football but not a big fan

hibs69
11-05-2016, 05:00 PM
The applause during the game isn't too good, in my opinion, but definitely prefer the minutes applause prior to KO over the silence. Don't know about anyone else, but instead of standing silent remembering the individual who has passed, I find myself standing wondering if a few bawbags are going to break the silence.

3pm
11-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Going against the grain here but I specifically looked at Houston during the minute clap along with all the players, dug outs and fans and Houston did participate. Perhaps not for the full minute but he did join in and it's ridiculous to suggest that he didn't.

Stubbs was late joining in as well.

I am not keen on Houston but I don't feel the thread is appropriate.

hibbeedavid
11-05-2016, 05:14 PM

This exactly, almost every game there is a minutes applause for someone, half of folk don't know who or what they are clapping for which defeats entire purpose, there should have been a minutes silence or applause pre game last night as he was a former FFC player

I see another thread about clapping during cup final for a young Rangers fan, as much as its an absolute tragedy that a young boy has died, the idea of everyone applauding in grief over someone we know nothing or little about doesn't sit comfortably with me

I think these things should be for ex-players/ managers etc only and observed pre-match, as another poster states if the other team were to score during this time all 'respect' would quickly be forgotten

Andy74
11-05-2016, 05:16 PM
This thread is very poor to be honest. Ridiculous thing to try and pick someone up on without knowing any details.

Andy74
11-05-2016, 05:18 PM
This exactly, almost every game there is a minutes applause for someone, half of folk don't know who or what they are clapping for which defeats entire purpose, there should have been a minutes silence or applause pre game last night as he was a former FFC player

I see another thread about clapping during cup final for a young Rangers fan, as much as its an absolute tragedy that a young boy has died, the idea of everyone applauding in grief over someone we know nothing or little about doesn't sit comfortably with me

I think these things should be for ex-players/ managers etc only and observed pre-match, as another poster states if the other team were to score during this time all 'respect' would quickly be forgotten

Agree. It's gone too far. Former players and so on fair enough. Not fans.

11-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Houston acting like a classless twat?! Never! :rolleyes:

Well done to everyone for joining in, when tragic things like this happen, football rivalries are not important and we join together to show respect.