PDA

View Full Version : Darren Mcgregor

Cookiehibs
10-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Would like to take this opportunity to highlight Darren McGregor. Think he's been immense since he joined us. He always looks the most assured in defence, confident on the ball. Becoming a massive threat at set pieces too. Rock! Hibs class

hibee_girl
10-05-2016, 09:15 PM
:agree: MOTM tonight

As much as I love Stevenson even I wouldn't have given it to him!

TheMentalHibees
10-05-2016, 09:17 PM
How did he get booked and the boy Vaulks who had a grip of his shirt didn't? Unbelievable .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibee Mac
10-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Love him, even better that he supports us too. Hes a class player and has been vital in the playoffs so far, 2 goals and a goal saving challenge!

hibsbollah
10-05-2016, 09:18 PM
McGregor clear MOTM. McGinn right back in form, Stokes played well if you ignore THAT miss, Hendo total commitment, Gray decent.

neil7908
10-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Played really well. Also thought Fyvie was excellent after some ropey moments against Raith. Stevenson was an odd choice. As always Mr dependable in defence but his crossing is still really poor. Not his fault but with the diamond formation he sees a lot of the ball in the final 3rd and too often is letting us down with the final ball

gogsy23
10-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Mcgregor was trying to get away from him and got booked!! Linesman had perfect view and done nowt

Steviethebear
10-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Pity McGinn stokes and mcgregor will miss Friday's game through suspension, may be wrong?

Kavinho
10-05-2016, 09:23 PM
McGregor clear MOTM. McGinn right back in form, Stokes played well if you ignore THAT miss, Hendo total commitment, Gray decent.

I dont even even think he was our best centre half tonight!!
Surprised you didn't mention Hanlon.

Sammy7nil
10-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Pity McGinn stokes and mcgregor will miss Friday's game through suspension, may be wrong?

LOL see u keep up to date with Hibs matters nice bait but i doubt you will get a bite :cb

Brightside
10-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Hanlon was very poor for the 2nd goal....outstanding bar that! McGregor was very good tonight and with CBs were a threat at corners for once!

calmacuk
10-05-2016, 09:27 PM

No they won't.

Vault Boy
10-05-2016, 09:29 PM
He was absolutely superb tonight.

Kavinho
10-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Hanlon was very poor for the 2nd goal....outstanding bar that! McGregor was very good tonight and with CBs were a threat at corners for once!

Fair enough couldn't see clearly from where I was. But he controlled the line, covered the hoofs up the pitch well, played a few cracking long balls. Ran into the ground by the end.

Not having a go with mcgregor, but did he not miss an unmarked header from a corner from about 6 yards?

Whichever we we look at it, we were far the better side, and hope a repeat on Friday gets us the deserved result

belhavenbill
10-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Darren had a great game tonight and looked a potent threat. Falkirk defence was struggling ( Literally at times) to deal with him at corners. Shame he blotted his copy book by giving away a soft free kick that lead to their goal. Credit Henderson for consistently finding him with the dead ball. With this threat we have a pretty good chance on Friday, though the ref may have a lot to say about that.

Brightside
10-05-2016, 09:35 PM
as i said in the other thread for 35 mins we were top class.. its just needs to bat at the level for 90 mins 4 more times and we get promoted and win the scottish cup.

Eyrie
10-05-2016, 09:36 PM
How did he get booked and the boy Vaulks who had a grip of his shirt didn't? Unbelievable .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaulks was booked for continuing to grab McGregor's shirt after the ref had warned him. McGregor got booked for having his shirt pulled because the referee was bleeping clueless.

Trainor
10-05-2016, 09:40 PM
MoM

Absolute ROCK!

Peevemor
10-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Vaulks was booked for continuing to grab McGregor's shirt after the ref had warned him. McGregor got booked for having his shirt pulled because the referee was bleeping clueless.

McGregor was holding his hands out to his sides, looking at the referee and laughing while Vaulks was manhandling him. Surprised it wasn't a triple-red to be honest.

Seveno
10-05-2016, 10:26 PM
He was immense tonight. Best game for Hibs yet.

KWJ
11-05-2016, 02:54 AM
Agree, great signing. Still can't believe Rangers let him go for nowt.

I really do like having 2 Hibs fans at centre half, an Edinburgh boy on the right and a Perth lad that's been at the club for ten years on the left.

Our whole team is pretty local but no more so than at the back.

MagicSwirlingShip
11-05-2016, 05:52 AM
Agree, great signing. Still can't believe Rangers let him go for nowt.

I really do like having 2 Hibs fans at centre half, an Edinburgh boy on the right and a Perth lad that's been at the club for ten years on the left.

Our whole team is pretty local but no more so than at the back.

Paul Hanlon is from Edinburgh, went to Tynecastle High

Beefster
11-05-2016, 05:52 AM

Messi and Ronaldo are out too. Big blow to Hibs.

Craig_in_Prague
11-05-2016, 06:05 AM

Big Hibee family as well.

overdrive
11-05-2016, 06:10 AM

I think he means two Hibs fans in the middle (McGregor and Hanlon), an Edinburgh boy on the right (Gray) and a Perth boy who has been at the Club for 10 years on the left (Stevenson).

Except Stevenson is from Kirkcaldy rather than Perth.

Allant1981
11-05-2016, 06:25 AM

Hanlon wasnt that great last night, he should never have let the forward get that shot off for the goal

bigwheel
11-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Hanlon wasnt that great last night, he should never have let the forward get that shot off for the goal

Don't agree with that - Hanlon had a couple of errors, but outside that was dominant - a strong performance again

hfcnic
11-05-2016, 06:53 AM
:agree: MOTM tonight

As much as I love Stevenson even I wouldn't have given it to him!

I thought Mcgreggor or maybe even Henderson at a push, but deffo not Stevenson. Again nothing against him just thought Mcgreggor was better

pacoluna
11-05-2016, 07:27 AM
I think he means two Hibs fans in the middle (McGregor and Hanlon), an Edinburgh boy on the right (Gray) and a Perth boy who has been at the Club for 10 years on the left (Stevenson).

Except Stevenson is from Kirkcaldy rather than Perth.

Wonder who picked the motm yesterday.. not his mum by any chance :confused:

hibee_girl
11-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Wonder who picked the motm yesterday.. not his mum by any chance :confused:

I wondered if they got Stevenson & McGregor confused as they do look alike :greengrin

bigwheel
11-05-2016, 07:30 AM
I wondered if they got Stevenson & McGregor confused as they do look alike :greengrin

I think Lewis had a strong game - was one of the top performers - so no issue with him getting the award - many people (not you I note! ) Don't value what Stevenson brings to the team - I'm glad Stubbs does ...

pacoluna
11-05-2016, 07:40 AM

McG is just a few inches taller :greengrin, in all seriousness though i wish lewis would use his left foot! to whip a ball in, he slows the game down for me. I appreciate he divides opinion.

Albanian Hibs
11-05-2016, 07:43 AM

Yes you are wrong