PDA

View Full Version : Cheating officials

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Surely we must put a protest in about that ****ing ref tonight?

CmoantheHibs
10-05-2016, 09:33 PM
I think we all know that a protest wouldnt achieve any results as the ref is going to be protected and what exactly could they do anyway. I do think the club, players and management should be kicking up a stink about it as much as they can to put pressure on thomson to be fair in the second leg.i think the fact that baldy bigmouth has been harping on about it influenced the ref tonight and we should do the same.

Steve20
10-05-2016, 09:35 PM
It was cheating. The club should be making noises about how unhappy they are over this. Other clubs do it. It's time to stop being a soft touch.

FromTheCapital
10-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Alan Muir is a ****ing clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green day
10-05-2016, 09:36 PM
I think he was simply incompetent.

Wierdly glad it's Thomson on Friday!

10-05-2016, 09:39 PM
It was cheating. The club should be making noises about how unhappy they are over this. Other clubs do it. It's time to stop being a soft touch.

Well put it this way, if it had been the other way around you would never hear the end of it from Houston.

Blatant cheating, it was as clear as day and the referee was in a perfect position to see it.

Eyrie
10-05-2016, 09:45 PM

I had to double check that it wasn't Thomson tonight after the penalty was ignored. TV highlighted that Muir had an unobstructed view of their player rolling the ball with his hand.

Jim44
10-05-2016, 09:48 PM
]I think he was simply incompetent.
[/B]

How can you say that? I saw the incident at least six times within a couple of minutes. In at least three of the videos you saw the exact view the ref had with his head in the frame. He was looking directly at the incident from a few yards and couldn't fail to see everything. Stop trying to defend his corruption.

green day
10-05-2016, 09:48 PM
I had to double check that it wasn't Thomson tonight after the penalty was ignored. TV highlighted that Muir had an unobstructed view of their player rolling the ball with his hand.

Haven't seen on TV yet, but 60 yards away in the West it was clear as day.

Ref was a fud, but not a cheat.

If he was a cheat he would have found fault with one of our goals.

green day
10-05-2016, 09:51 PM
How can you say that? I saw the incident at least six times within a couple of minutes. In at least three of the videos you saw the exact view the ref had with his head in the frame. He was looking directly at the incident from a few yards and couldn't fail to see everything. Stop trying to defend his corruption.

Eh, hold on - I haven't seen it on TV, only at the game.

It was a pen, but I still say it was incompetent.
Doesn't make it any better.

Jim44
10-05-2016, 09:57 PM

Disagree. The goals were clear cut and in a split second he couldn't possibly dream up an excuse not to give the goals. On the other hand, it's easy to refuse a penalty by saying he was unsighted. The problem here is that BT Sport highlighted his dishonesty and corruption by showing an exact version of the ref's viewpoint.

MickeyEdwards
10-05-2016, 09:58 PM

You must have been sitting beside me tonight and I also saw it clearly without a shadow of doubt! Stonewall penalty!

Also, the Falkirk no 4 who went down in front of the home dugout late in the 2nd half after being near McGinn made it look as though he had been shot by a sniper then, after McGinn was yellow carded when the ref looked as if he hadn't a clue what had happened (nothing actually!), the no 4 leapt to his feet and after the obligatory short wait on the touchline, he was back onto the pitch running freely!

I hate cheating in anything but these two situations were contrived by Falkirk players and apparantly (sic) not seen by the person masquerading as the match ref tonight, Mr Alan Muir! :confused:

green day
10-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Disagree. The goals were clear cut and in a split second he couldn't possibly dream up an excuse not to give the goals. On the other hand, it's easy to refuse a penalty by saying he was unsighted. The problem here is that BT Sport highlighted his dishonesty and corruption by showing an exact version of the ref's viewpoint.

Yes, but he was hopeless throughout the match, so my conclusion is he is a hopeless fud, not a cheat.

Not happy about it, but I simply don't believe he decided on the spot to deny aclear pen in some conspiracy against us.

Just Jimmy
10-05-2016, 10:07 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160510/e15153c6c751ca2d3097a824d4d08f38.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

itslegaltender
10-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Hippolyte again was a dirty diving cheating barsteward. Rolled around the pitch then got straight up. He did exact same in last game.

10-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Hippolyte again was a dirty diving cheating barsteward. Rolled around the pitch then got straight up. He did exact same in last game.

That was embarrassing to say the least. Pathetic and blatantly obvious cheating.

DaveF
10-05-2016, 10:14 PM

That's probably his lightest touch. I'm sure he then hauled it in after grabbing it.

An unbelievable decision not to give a penalty. You simply cannot defend it, therefore it was plain, simple cheating.

matty_f
10-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Hibs need to just take the hit on the fines or a touch line ban just call these clowns out for the cheats that they are.

Houston's never shut up about our penalty and has managed a favourable decision in each game ever since.

Hibs should make as much noise as possible about it.

DaveF
10-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Hibs need to just take the hit on the fines or a touch line ban just call these clowns out for the cheats that they are.

Houston's never shut up about our penalty and has managed a favourable decision in each game ever since.

And well done to him for it, as he's played the game as much as he can get away with (and its been a lot).

He's got his team out of a hole tonight by his constant attacks on referee's and it may well keep us down. Hopefully we get the rewards we deserve on Friday.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 10:18 PM

Agree he simply has to give that flawless view of it quite simply cheating. 3 1 lead = tie over imo.

Sergey
10-05-2016, 10:19 PM
It was a poor decision, we will be in no doubt about that, but...

...as someone who has had to referee recently at Pub League level, it's done in 'real time' and you can call it wrong. I don't for one minute think that the ref was biased (I thought he had a pretty decent match) but he got the penalty for us awry.

He could also have sent of Stephenson early doors so maybe it's swings and roundabouts.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 10:22 PM

...as someone who has had to referee recently at Pub League level, it's done in 'real time' and you can call it wrong. I don't for one minute think that the ref was biased (I thought he had a pretty decent match) but he got the penalty for us awry.

He could also have sent of Stephenson early doors so maybe it's swings and roundabouts.

Step away from the keyboard.

Callum_62
10-05-2016, 10:26 PM

for outmuscling the striker?

the handball is simply one of the worst calls I have seen - I cant see how there can be a more blatent, obvious handball

The magnitue of the game, and the point in the game makes it worse

Mind, what do we expect - its the same ref that was involved in the Celtic hanball fiasco. demoted for getting high profile decisions wrong, but is given a play off semi final.

Absolute joke

FranckSuzy
10-05-2016, 10:26 PM

Maybe for "Pub League level" he did, but not in the Premiership play-offs. He also missed the kick on Henderson, which was a straight red, and booked McGinn for f all.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Maybe for "Pub League level" he did, but not in the Premiership play-offs. He also missed the kick on Henderson, which was a straight red, and booked McGinn for f all.

He booked McGinn based on the reaction of Falkirk's management team.

Gerard
10-05-2016, 10:27 PM
The ref made a bad mistake. Players and managers make bad mistakes. We are due the luck that makes up for these bad decisions

FranckSuzy
10-05-2016, 10:30 PM

Yeah, fair enough.......

Onion
10-05-2016, 10:30 PM

That was a key moment, possibly THE key decision that the ref had to make in a playoff game that could cost each club millions. If the ref cannot find a way to get that one key decision right, he simply should not be doing that job. The rest of the game was easy to referee.

CapitalGreen
10-05-2016, 10:35 PM
The ref made a bad mistake. Players and managers make bad mistakes. We are due the luck that makes up for these bad decisions

What mistake did he make?

Not seeing it, or seeing it but forgetting that deliberate hand ball is a penalty kick?

FranckSuzy
10-05-2016, 10:39 PM

Have you ever considered a career in politics, Gerard?

monktonharp
10-05-2016, 10:41 PM
The ref made a bad mistake. Players and managers make bad mistakes. We are due the luck that makes up for these bad decisions do you also recall him making another mistake by turning away and letting play continue, seconds after a Falkirk player almoust mounted Mc Ginn? jumped on his back and floored him?? did I imagine that? possibly not the player I mentioned, but it did happen.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Disgraceful refereeing tonight.

Absolutely shambolic.

How the handball was missed was quite simply incredible.

Green Cabbage 7
10-05-2016, 10:48 PM
So how many stonewallers is that now we haven't had? Evens themselves out over the course of a season, we must be due a few.

Gerard
10-05-2016, 10:48 PM
What mistake did he make?

Not seeing it, or seeing it but forgetting that deliberate hand ball is a penalty kick?

On the balance of probabilities seeing it and making the decision that the hand ball was accidental. We do not know what the ref thought as he has not said the reason behind his decision. In any case we must focus on the away game and win it.:wink:

Gerard
10-05-2016, 10:51 PM
do you also recall him making another mistake by turning away and letting play continue, seconds after a Falkirk player almoust mounted Mc Ginn? jumped on his back and floored him?? did I imagine that? possibly not the player I mentioned, but it did happen.

yes.He made several bad decisions.

Capt Mainwaring
10-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Short of the Falkirk player picking up the ball with both hands and sticking the ball up his Jersey - you won't see a more blatant penalty!

Incompetent or cheating - take your pick, but either way disgracefully sub standard by a clown that has previous!

High-On-Hibs
10-05-2016, 10:54 PM
I can only assume that those defending Muir haven't actually seen the replays. The Falkirk player handed the ball when he went down. He then handed it again as he got back to his feet. He then sliced through Henderson. Muir had a direct unrestricted view of those incidents and chose not to do anything.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2016, 10:54 PM
On the balance of probabilities seeing it and making the decision that the hand ball was accidental. We do not know what the ref thought as he has not said the reason behind his decision. In any case we must focus on the away game and win it.:wink:

he told stubbs he didn't see it, i think the referee told a lie

Jim44
10-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Disgraceful refereeing tonight.

Absolutely shambolic.

How the handball was missed was quite simply incredible.

The whole point is that it wasn't 'missed', it was ignored.

snooky
10-05-2016, 11:01 PM
So how many stonewallers is that now we haven't had? Evens themselves out over the course of a season, we must be due a few.

The refs will tell you we were awarded several soft penalties at the end of the Dundee United semi. :cb

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-05-2016, 11:04 PM

Oh shoosht.

ehf
10-05-2016, 11:08 PM

FFS. Never thought I would see a more blatantly corrupt decision than Thomson awarding a penalty against Kujabi for tugging the Spanish waiter's shirt six yards outside the box (and gleefully red-carding the Ghanian Roberto Carlos in the process) but here it is.

That cheating weasel Muir has almost certainly consigned us to another season in the Championship. Only consolation is that we might be sufficiently rested to have a chance in the Cup Final.

Just Jimmy
10-05-2016, 11:17 PM
FFS. Never thought I would see a more blatantly corrupt decision than Thomson awarding a penalty against Kujabi for tugging the Spanish waiter's shirt six yards outside the box (and gleefully red-carding the Ghanian Roberto Carlos in the process) but here it is.

That cheating weasel Muir has almost certainly consigned us to another season in the Championship. Only consolation is that we might be sufficiently rested to have a chance in the Cup Final.
Wait? I get it's a shocker but how is a 2-2 where we're the better team with another game to play consigning us to another year in this league? We're better than them. I still think we'll beat them on Friday and I fancy us to do to Kilmarnock too.

Gerard
10-05-2016, 11:23 PM

Okay, that changes the situation, he needs to go to spec savers and if that does not rectify this problem retire from being a ref.

Slicer
10-05-2016, 11:26 PM

He told Stubbs he DIDsee it!!!

“We got the goal and got 
ourselves in the lead and unfortunately… it is a huge call. The ref told me he’d seen it,” continued Stubbs. “Why didn’t he give it? That’s why I can’t say too much… If he saw it then I think everyone in the stadium knew it was a penalty.

“He has admitted he saw him touch it. It is one of those 
decisions. That is why I think the referee should explain it. You just want them to get these big calls right. You ask for consistency but you want them to get it consistently right.”

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/championship/hibs-boss-alan-stubbs-demands-ref-explains-handball-decision-1-4124701#ixzz48IZ8dJF6
Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook

Thecat23
10-05-2016, 11:31 PM

100% agree. Stubbs should come out and ask why it wasn't given.

dp00
10-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Craig Thomson for the 2nd leg

Thecat23
10-05-2016, 11:40 PM
I'd honestly rather suck the hairspray out Donald Trumps hair using a straw than watch another Hibs game with him the ref!

Sadly I'll have to now.

snooky
10-05-2016, 11:42 PM
I'd honestly rather suck the hairspray out Donald Trumps hair using a straw than watch another Hibs game with him the ref!

Sadly I'll have to now.

That's not very democratic, TC. :wink:

monktonharp
10-05-2016, 11:46 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkdon't worry, Craig's a St. Mirren fan so definitely nuetral:rolleyes:

Calvin
10-05-2016, 11:57 PM
I thought that it was so blatant that when the ref saw it, he thought it MUST have been accidental as nobody would be so stupid as to commit such a clear act of cheating right in front of him. Unfortunately, he was wrong.

James70
11-05-2016, 06:47 AM
Falkirk allowed to get away with blatant time wasting towards the end of the game.

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Never ever wanted to say it but it's looking like the SPFL have a real agenda against us, it defies belief some of the decisions that have went against us over the course of the season by inept officials but I fear our soft touch (i.e. Petrie) won't lift a finger to complain.

Friday will be interesting to say the least.

allezsauzee
11-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Never ever wanted to say it but it's looking like the SPFL have a real agenda against us, it defies belief some of the decisions that have went against us over the course of the season by inept officials but I fear our soft touch (i.e. Petrie) won't lift a finger to complain.

Friday will be interesting to say the least.

Did we not complain after the 2012 Scottish Cup final and who did we get as ref in the first game of the following season at Tannadice? Craig Ulysses Norbert Thomson.

Moulin Yarns
11-05-2016, 08:41 AM
The laws of the game say

Direct free kick
A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
trips or attempts to trip an opponent
jumps at an opponent
charges an opponent
strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
pushes an opponent
tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:

holds an opponent
spits at an opponent
handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

A direct free kick is taken from the place where the offence occurred (see Law 13 - Position of free kick).
Penalty kick
A penalty kick is awarded if any of the above ten offences is committed by a player inside his own penalty area, irrespective of the position of the ball, provided it is in play.

The only way the ref didn't give the penalty last night was if he decided it wasn't deliberate. Watching from different angles I'm convinced the first one is accidental as the tackle was good and he slid into the ball, this time the ref is maybe unsighted by their number 6, but he clearly moves the ball with his hand in the second incident and the ref has a clear view but somehow decides it wasn't deliberate, even though it was a clear hand to ball rather than ball to hand.

It is about time referees were able to explain their decisions.

Spike Mandela
11-05-2016, 08:50 AM

So far we have only had the apprentice incompetents.....step forward the King of Cheats.

No matter what happens, we will be talking about this giraffe striding prick on Saturday. In a game so close to call he will in all likelihood make the difference.

Hibs will either need to take every chance that comes their way or Falkirk start throwing it in their own net for him not to have the deciding role.

JimBHibees
11-05-2016, 08:56 AM
The laws of the game say

The only way the ref didn't give the penalty last night was if he decided it wasn't deliberate. Watching from different angles I'm convinced the first one is accidental as the tackle was good and he slid into the ball, this time the ref is maybe unsighted by their number 6, but he clearly moves the ball with his hand in the second incident and the ref has a clear view but somehow decides it wasn't deliberate, even though it was a clear hand to ball rather than ball to hand.

It is about time referees were able to explain their decisions.

Remember when the refs had the whistle blower page on the SFA site, went strangely quiet after a few weeks/months. Always thought it was a positive thing and allowed the ref to at least give his side of the story e.g from my position etc and while you may not have agreed it allowed a wee bit of perspective. The fact this doesnt happen I am afriad does nothing more than give the impression of arrogance and some kind of aloof superiority that they didnt have to explain thier decisions.

The fact the ref can drive home and not properly explain that sort of decision which could cost our club literally millions of pounds is wrong on so many levels. We will no doubt get the patronising and plain wrong assertion that these sort of decisions even themselves out over the season. If that is genuinely correct we must be due a bucket full before the season ends.

greenlex
11-05-2016, 09:03 AM

I saw it in real time and couldn't believe it wasn't a penalty. I didn't need three different angles and a slow mo replay to see if he was looking at the ball. You wouldn't see that in a pub league.. His name is Stevenson by the way.

Canon Hannan
11-05-2016, 09:28 AM
The Falkirk fans on their forum admit they got out of jail twice within 10 seconds as the same defender who hand balled it - kicked out and floored Liam in the box!!! Penalty number 2 in a 10 second spell. Shocking and better not cost us.

frazeHFC
11-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Just seen it was the same ref who didn't give Celtic the penalty at Hampden against Inverness (another blatant hand ball). Is he blind or just scared to give penalties. :grr:

Libby Hibby
11-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Does anyone have a video clip of the kick out after the hand ball?

JimBHibees
11-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Just seen it was the same ref who didn't give Celtic the penalty at Hampden against Inverness (another blatant hand ball). Is he blind or just scared to give penalties. :grr:

He wasnt the ref in that game he was the behind the goal guy who was 5 yards way and apparently told the ref the ball had hit Meakings on the face not the hand. :confused:

Maybe as part of the refs specsavers deal the company are allowed to nominate a referee who has obvious eye sight issues. :greengrin

snooky
11-05-2016, 11:07 AM
So far we have only had the apprentice incompetents.....step forward the King of Cheats.

No matter what happens, we will be talking about this giraffe striding prick on Saturday. In a game so close to call he will in all likelihood make the difference.

Hibs will either need to take every chance that comes their way or Falkirk start throwing it in their own net for him not to have the deciding role.

We'll know in the first five minutes what's in store for us when the first Falkirk player does a 'Black in the back' on one of our players.
If he gets booked then maybe, well just maybe......

The Green Goblin
11-05-2016, 11:57 AM

That's true Gerard, but I think there's only so many times you can say that before you realise it's not going to happen. For example, I thought the Griffiths free kick decision a few years ago was suspect, and about as bad as it got, but last night's scandal took it to a whole new level.

overdrive
11-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Disgraceful decisions.

However, I've seen several people say it should have been a red card. Is this definitely still the case? Nothing happened (in terms of cards) to Gavin Gunning when he picked the ball up and walked off the pitch a few weeks back. The explanation at the time was that handball was no longer even a bookable offence unless it stopped a promising attack. I reckon this would be a promising attack - so a booking?

JimBHibees
11-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Disgraceful decisions.

However, I've seen several people say it should have been a red card. Is this definitely still the case? Nothing happened (in terms of cards) to Gavin Gunning when he picked the ball up and walked off the pitch a few weeks back. The explanation at the time was that handball was no longer even a bookable offence unless it stopped a promising attack. I reckon this would be a promising attack - so a booking?

Yes wouldnt have been a red card.

emerald green
11-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Muir saw the hand ball in the box as clear as day. That's a penalty. There's just no doubt about it. As Stubbs said, most people in the ground saw it too.

The question that has to be asked, given this scenario, is what motivated the referee to refuse to award the penalty kick? He knew fine it was a penalty. Just take a look at the expression on Muir's face in photos in some papers today as he runs away from John McGinn screaming at him for the penalty. Guilt written all over Muir's face.

It's not good enough to call that a "mistake". Also, did the linesman not see it? If he did, why didn't he draw it to Muir's attention?

Allant1981
11-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Muir saw the hand ball in the box as clear as day. That's a penalty. There's just no doubt about it. As Stubbs said, most people in the ground saw it too.

The question that has to be asked, given this scenario, is what motivated the referee to refuse to award the penalty kick? He knew fine it was a penalty. Just take a look at the expression on Muir's face in photos in some papers today as he runs away from John McGinn screaming at him for the penalty. Guilt written all over Muir's face.

It's not good enough to call that a "mistake". Also, did the linesman not see it? If he did, why didn't he draw it to Muir's attention?

Wouldnt have thought the linesman could have seen it, wrong side of the park and to many bodies in the way

cad
11-05-2016, 04:43 PM
The referee is there to referee the match , not even up the score from previous matches no matter what Mr Houston thinks, his " It evens its self up over the season" quote divides a very fine line between cheating and match fixing going by the evidence of the incident,the ref`s position ,clarity of the incident etc etc ,its done now and it aint gonna change just stuff them on Friday.

emerald green
11-05-2016, 06:52 PM
Wouldnt have thought the linesman could have seen it, wrong side of the park and to many bodies in the way

Possibly, but I'm not sure there were all that many bodies in the way. Maybe there were.

Whatever, that makes it the referee and his assistant who didn't see it (lol), yet fans much further away from the action than the both of them saw it clearly.

TBH, even if the assistant did see it, I wonder if he would have done his job properly and called it to Muir's attention? I doubt it, judging by his overall performance during the match.

Smartie
11-05-2016, 07:52 PM

I was up in the top tier of the FF over beside the East and I didn't see it because of the bodies in the way.

So that's me, Alan Muir and Peter Houston out of last night's crowd who didn't see the handball.

I wasn't happy the first time I saw it on Tv…….

Criswell
11-05-2016, 11:17 PM
To call the referee a cheat is perhaps going too far. Incompetent, cowardly, useless yes. However, what to me was cheating was the disgraceful way Falkirk players, I think it was Muirhead & Hippolyte, went down under "challenges" and proceeded to writhe about in agony for what seemed like ages in a truly Oscar winning performance! Unfortunately, this sad excuse of a referee fell for it and we received two yellow cards.

Make no mistake about it Houston's "poor under-resourced bairns" are as cynical and street-wise as they come. We can only hope that Thomson referees in an even-handed way and is fully aware of what is going on around him.

TRC
11-05-2016, 11:51 PM
If there was any justice in the world, first bad tackle by one of the cloggers and Thomson marches over and shows them a staight red! would be nice (never going to happen)

Big L
12-05-2016, 10:04 AM

Really! A jambo relative sent me a photo of that b------ celebrating with hearts fans who were giving it the 5-1 I think he is probably the worst choice ever! Another corrupt git, Houston must be delighted with that appt.

Onion
12-05-2016, 11:05 AM
The referee is there to referee the match , not even up the score from previous matches no matter what Mr Houston thinks, his " It evens its self up over the season" quote divides a very fine line between cheating and match fixing going by the evidence of the incident,the ref`s position ,clarity of the incident etc etc ,its done now and it aint gonna change just stuff them on Friday.

Correct. Who is the ref to start 'evening things up" ? Had the first pen at Falkirk not been given it would have made zero effect on the final PO placings. But the ref's cowardice on Tuesday may well cost us a place in the PO final and ultimately the Premiership - and millions of pounds. No way do those two decisions "even things up".

Houston should be pulled up for his constant bleatings about past decisions and ranting about refs. That's after Hibs put his hammer throwers in their place tomorrow.

hibs69
12-05-2016, 11:13 AM
I certainly do find it weird that anyone is glad with the referee tomorrow. Means nothing that he's been ok reffing us past couple of times........ He's still capable of unbelievable biased moments against Hibs. We do not need that possibility in a game like this.

I will take all of the above back if we are awarded a dodgy penalty.

Steve20
12-05-2016, 11:37 AM
To call the referee a cheat is perhaps going too far. Incompetent, cowardly, useless yes. However, what to me was cheating was the disgraceful way Falkirk players, I think it was Muirhead & Hippolyte, went down under "challenges" and proceeded to writhe about in agony for what seemed like ages in a truly Oscar winning performance! Unfortunately, this sad excuse of a referee fell for it and we received two yellow cards.

Make no mistake about it Houston's "poor under-resourced bairns" are as cynical and street-wise as they come. We can only hope that Thomson referees in an even-handed way and is fully aware of what is going on around him.

I think cheat is the correct word. The ref clearly cheated the other night. As will Thomson do his best to tomorrow. Believing all refs try to be balanced and fair is deluded. Thomson will favour Falkirk, I have no doubt what so ever.

scoopyboy
12-05-2016, 11:39 AM
I think cheat is the correct word. The ref clearly cheated the other night. As will Thomson do his best to tomorrow. Believing all refs try to be balanced and fair is deluded. Thomson will favour Falkirk, I have no doubt what so ever.

You were one of those who said Thomson would cheat us out of the cup tie at Tynecastle, he didn't.

flash
12-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Really! A jambo relative sent me a photo of that b------ celebrating with hearts fans who were giving it the 5-1 I think he is probably the worst choice ever! Another corrupt git, Houston must be delighted with that appt.

You mean the picture where he poses with guys wearing no colours where a couple of them are doing the gesture behind his back?

Moulin Yarns
12-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Disgraceful decisions.

Handball isn't mentioned in the FIFA laws, but in the Case of Gavin Gunning after picking up the ball (Unsporting behaviour) he walks off the pitch with out permission (Booking) Comes back on the pitch without permission (Booking)

That is 3 bookings.

Deliberate handball is a free kick

Big L
12-05-2016, 02:24 PM
You mean the picture where he poses with guys wearing no colours where a couple of them are doing the gesture behind his back?

NO!! in this one he has his arms around 3 yams smiling away while they have their hands up doing the 5-1.

HibsNutter
12-05-2016, 02:28 PM
I'm sure John McGinn's incorrect sending off, which was later rescinded, 'evened things out'. Since then John McGinn was denied a stonewall penalty at their place, and then what happened on Tuesday. Hope Stubbs will point this out the next time Houston spouts sh*** about things being 'even'.

Not that it should matter, anyway. There is a clean slate with every new match and the referee should give the correct decisions.

Kato
12-05-2016, 02:51 PM
I'm sure John McGinn's incorrect sending off, which was later rescinded, 'evened things out'. Since then John McGinn was denied a stonewall penalty at their place, and then what happened on Tuesday.

The press, pundits and tomaty heid have conveniently forgotten that incident.