PDA

View Full Version : If your going to get stuck into Logan

Captain Trips
10-05-2016, 08:42 PM
His mistake like most keepers mistakes usually result in a goal. We missed a few clear chances that for us not to score is as bad. Not counting the ref we should have had more than 2 tonight.

I cannot believe we didnt win this

The Kaiser
10-05-2016, 08:47 PM
His mistake like most keepers mistakes usually result in a goal. We missed a few clear chances that for us not to score is as bad. Not counting the ref we should have had more than 2 tonight.

Agreed, we had enough chances to win that easy. Can't blame Conrad or ref.

Peevemor
10-05-2016, 08:49 PM

Same could be said for those wanting a pop at Stubbs.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2016, 08:50 PM
We had chances but the keeper is there for a reason. That's a howler plain and simple.

If Oxley made that error no one would be making excuses so no double standards frome me. It's his 1st costly error and he'll know it.

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Ref cost us the game, not Logan

hibee_girl
10-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Thought Logan was a bit shaky tonight tbh

If Oxley had made that mistake we'd be hounding him out

easty
10-05-2016, 08:52 PM
We had chances but the keeper is there for a reason. That's a howler plain and simple.

If Oxley made that error no one would be making excuses so no double standards frome me. It's his 1st costly error and he'll know it.

:agree:

Oxley would be getting thoroughly slaughtered, and Stubbs too for picking him, if he'd been in goals for that howler tonight.

Hibby Bairn
10-05-2016, 08:52 PM
I think Oxley will play on Friday. Conrad not very good tonight.

hibsbollah
10-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Without Logan we don't win the semi final. So he gets extra patience from me. But that was absolutely diabolical tonight.

HIBEES 4 LIFE
10-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Logan is overweight and not agile enough. That mistake is much worse than anything Oxley has done. Last game we'll see him in a hibs top

Jim44
10-05-2016, 08:55 PM

And remember that it was not a mistake by the referee. It was blatant corruption which he will cover up by lying that he didn't see it. If he didn't see it from the clear view of a few yards, he is physically unfit to referee at any level.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Logan is overweight and not agile enough. That mistake is much worse than anything Oxley has done. Last game we'll see him in a hibs top

It was almost a carbon copy of the mistake Oxley made against Falkirk at ER earlier this season.

Captain Trips
10-05-2016, 08:56 PM
I am not defending this basic error, I am more concerned with what happens in final 3rd. Tonight we should have had more than 2.

Outfield errors are firgotten far more easy. Our GD over season proves this. We need more goals when we dominate.

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2016, 08:58 PM
And remember that it was not a mistake by the referee. It was blatant corruption which he will cover up by lying that he didn't see it. If he didn't see it from the clear view of a few yards, he is physically unfit to referee at any level.
Disgrace really.

DH1875

Erm.....I think we can clearly blame the ref. 3-1 and it's a totally different ball game.

SJM

Just as bad as the rangers mistake.

Both aren't very good. Logan was a disaster tonight and has cost us a 2-1 lead. The ref cost us more.

A new number one is needed come the summer.

CRAZYHIBBY
Should Have had a penalty

Sammy7nil
10-05-2016, 08:59 PM

Agree do the simple things right and we win Logan looked very poor tonight. The ref was worse.

Captain Trips
10-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Ok Logan ****ed up, how about Stokes 1 on 1, that seems ok. Terrible miss and terrible mistake from Logan.

easty
10-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Tonight we should have had more than 2.

Midfield had plenty of the ball, kept it well, made space for themselves, but nobody in there did nearly enough with it in terms of creating chances. Deliveries from wide were 90% garbage too.

Tha Cabbage Kid
10-05-2016, 09:01 PM

oh no. that ref cant get away with that!! conrads mistake was accidental that ref robbed us of a penalty!!!!!!

HIBEES 4 LIFE
Just as bad as the rangers mistake.

Both aren't very good. Logan was a disaster tonight and has cost us a 2-1 lead. The ref cost us more.

A new number one is needed come the summer.

Rangers mistake horrendous, this was far far worse. However I agree new no1 required

dmc1875

Oxley against Falkirk 1-1 game at ER was as bad.

Shocking error though but he will know it

IberianHibernian
10-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Bad mistake and if it had been Oxley he`d have got hell but this is no time to lay into any players . Another big decision for AS to make . Personally I`d stick with Conrad for Friday . don`t think we can change goalie every time there`s a mistake and he might be useful in a penalty shootout .

HIBEES 4 LIFE
10-05-2016, 09:03 PM
It's time to forget the one good game logan has played and realise that he is not the messiah

The Kaiser
We had four or five good chances to score. Logan made a mistake but can't be hounded. Ref made a mistake but it happens all the time. Take our chance we win. We are just not clinical enough at the moment.

Bostonhibby
I am not defending this basic error, I am more concerned with what happens in final 3rd. Tonight we should have had more than 2.

Outfield errors are firgotten far more easy. Our GD over season proves this. We need more goals when we dominate.
[emoji106] In a nutshell. If we can somehow start converting chances and being a bit more direct we will do teams that sit in like Falkirk. Stokes could have had three on another night. Playing well and I fancy him to score at Falkirk. Like to see Boyle on earlier than the last couple of minutes.

My_Wife_Camille
Absolute howler

Viva_Palmeiras
Thought Logan was a bit shaky tonight tbh

If Oxley had made that mistake we'd be hounding him out

Quintessentially speaks more about "us" than our keepers.
Churchill would have been shaking his head how quickly we appear to drop ours.

DTS
10-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Mistakes happen, what isn't a mistake is his lack of good distribution which we miss when ox let isn't playing I'd have oxley back in

The Kaiser
10-05-2016, 09:09 PM
It was clearly mistake which cost us but remember Logan is no where near match fit? About 3 weeks ago we were calling for him to be given time. Give him that

Thegreenside
10-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Can't blame him for the goal but you can blame him for woeful distribution

Heisenberg
10-05-2016, 09:10 PM

Nope i'm afraid Logan cost us the game. He keeps that out and the game ends 2-1. If Oxley is in goals no one is making excuses for him. Shouldnt be any different tonight.

SeanWilson
10-05-2016, 09:10 PM

It isn't and probably isn't.

1987kev
10-05-2016, 09:14 PM
We have put all our eggs in 1 basket with Conrad. The boo boys were on oxley back Stubbs then drops him the boy will have no confidences what so ever. Logan has had 1 good came for us the semi final, questionable for the raith goal the night omg and for is kicking jezzo it's bad he's on 2 month contract and ends up our 1 number only at hibs

GGTTH07
10-05-2016, 09:15 PM
It looks to me that Logan is one of those keepers that the defense and the crowd get nervous anytime there is a decent ball into the box,you could sense it tonight and so could the Falkirk crowd and players.

Torto7062
10-05-2016, 09:16 PM

My Son is a ref through west and at Junior level he text immediately saying ref got it wrong

Hibee Mac
10-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Turns out he's not the Messiah...

Sammy7nil
10-05-2016, 09:18 PM
It looks to me that Logan is one of those keepers that the defense and the crowd get nervous anytime there is a decent ball into the box,you could sense it tonight and so could the Falkirk crowd and players.

That could be ANY Hibs keeper in the past 10 years

Brightside
10-05-2016, 09:19 PM

As you know i am Hanlons biggest fan, but he has to do better with the 2nd goal. The striker is able to hold the ball up and turn on him to get the shot off. Goalie should safe but Hanlon should do better... Conrad had another howler with the throw in - I've never seen a goalie do that in my life. The positive is for 35 mins of the 2nd half we played some top class football.

Captain Trips
10-05-2016, 09:20 PM
I have no problem with Oxley but this mistake dkes not make any difference to Oxleys ability. We failed to score more goals that is tonights and seasons problem.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2016, 09:21 PM
As you know i am Hanlons biggest fan, but he has to do better with the 2nd goal. The striker is able to hold the ball up and turn on him to get the shot off. Goalie should safe but Hanlon should do better... Conrad had another howler with the throw in - I've never seen a goalie do that in my life. The positive is for 35 mins of the 2nd half we played some top class football.
Tbf with the throw in of the ball goes directly in without touching anyone, which I don't think it did, it's not a goal anyway.

Agree re Hanlon, one of my favourites but he's let the striker have too much space to control and shoot.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

steakbake
10-05-2016, 09:21 PM

I was thinking that, to be honest. That and the vanity of seemingly having secured the jersey on the basis of penalty heroics in one game. Not impressed.

But... We missed several clear cut chances up the other end.

The Kaiser
10-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Well done boys, quickest I have seen you turn on someone. Well done.

The poisonous atmosphere that haunts Easter road is down to the fans. Support the players not rip them to shreds at first chance.

If these boys were the finished article or world beaters no chance they would be at Hibs. They will make mistakes. We need to support and urge them on rather than turn on them.

J-C
10-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Logan was disappointing tonight, didn't seem confident and was slower than a week in jail going down for that goal, and what about the mix up near the end with the throw in :confused:, not all his fault but a fairly normal save to be making, the ref was a disgrace and god only knows what our strikers are doing on the training pitch.

Borderhibbie76
10-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Said this at the match...I dread to think the reaction had oxley made that mistake tonight. They way the fans reacted tonight is the right way...not the way poor Oxley was booed against Sevco a few weeks back. Big decision for stubbs on Friday as Logan went to pieces after that mistake

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

LaMotta
10-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Logan also contributed to the first goal with his ambitious throw out to Henderson that led to them gaining the ball back just before the free kick.

pacoluna
10-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Logan has had one superb game and now one really poor game, I won't judge him yet. However oxley has been pretty poor all season and inspires no confidence so a change was needed. Logan should stay in remainder of season however a new number one should be a priority for next year.

Ged
10-05-2016, 09:27 PM
It was a bad mistake, but if we don't move on it'll make it more difficult for him to. He'll be our goalkeeper on Friday so we might as well back him.

Captain Trips
10-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Well done boys, quickest I have seen you turn on someone. Well done.

The poisonous atmosphere that haunts Easter road is down to the fans. Support the players not rip them to shreds at first chance.

If these boys were the finished article or world beaters no chance they would be at Hibs. They will make mistakes. We need to support and urge them on rather than turn on them.

The big man will be gutted as I am sure Oxley has been, I expect keeprs to make mistakes from time to time but I also expect to score goals when dominating matches.

Sammy7nil
10-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Logan has had one superb game and now one really poor game, I won't judge him yet. However oxley has been pretty poor all season and inspires no confidence so a change was needed. Logan should stay in remainder of season however a new number one should be a priority for next year.

Correct

The Kaiser
10-05-2016, 09:30 PM
The big man will be gutted as I am sure Oxley has been, I expect keeprs to make mistakes from time to time but I also expect to score goals when dominating matches.

Exactly.

I'd be looking closer at Stubbs and the loss on malonga. We needed to replace him with a similar player. I fear stokes and Cummings are too similar which is why they haven't clicked for me. It shows in the second half of our season.

Waxy
10-05-2016, 09:32 PM
You could see the boy was gonna turn and shoot for the second. Properly defended it was an easy block.

whiskas
10-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Logan should have saved it but you can't let the opposition get shots away inside the box and not expect to lose goals.

Eyrie
10-05-2016, 09:40 PM
It was a howler by Logan who has to accept the blame for it.

That said, he has plenty of credit from the semi so I wouldn't drop him for one mistake.

FranckSuzy
10-05-2016, 09:42 PM
It's lovely to see all of the new posters on here that are so knowledgeable about our players, and especially the keepers :aok:

The Kaiser
10-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Talking about me son? I've read this forum for years and you boys talk some amount of nonsense I had to intervene.

HIBEES 4 LIFE
10-05-2016, 09:47 PM
I was thinking that, to be honest. That and the vanity of seemingly having secured the jersey on the basis of penalty heroics in one game. Not impressed.

But... We missed several clear cut chances up the other end.

Correct, he's not as good a keeper as Oxley (who is hardly a superstar). If we stick with him I fear the championship awaits and let's not mention the Scottish cup.

As for the finishing, it's pretty much the story of the second half of our season. Playing the devil's advocate, 2 goals should be enough to beat Falkirk at home.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2016, 09:49 PM
He had an absolute howler with the goal, looked dodgy with the ball at his feet and **** knows what he was doing with the throw in.

But he did shout loudly? :greengrin

I'd keep him in the team for Friday.

MartinfaePorty
10-05-2016, 09:49 PM
As mentioned above, if ball goes in directly from a throw in it's a goal kick. Did the right thing getting as far away from it as possible, given no Falkirk players were nearby.

HIBEES 4 LIFE
10-05-2016, 09:50 PM
It was a bad mistake, but if we don't move on it'll make it more difficult for him to. He'll be our goalkeeper on Friday so we might as well back him.

Why? He's had one good game. So has Oxley.

itslegaltender
10-05-2016, 09:52 PM
We are playing an overweight journeyman who has played on average something like 5 games a season. Stepped up and did well in the penalty shoot out but that mistake was going to happen.

SteveHFC
10-05-2016, 09:53 PM

:top marks We are in this position because we don't score enough goals

Zazu62
10-05-2016, 09:54 PM
I take it Stubbs doesn't rate virtanen ? What's the story with him ?

HIBEES 4 LIFE
10-05-2016, 09:54 PM
We are laying an overweight journeyman who has played on average something like 5 games a season. Stepped up and did well in the penalty shoot out but that mistake was going to happen.

Who'd you prefer, overweight journeyman or fit, agile yet mistake prone keeper. Unfortunately, a all too familiar question for hibs supporters

ancient hibee
10-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Logan should have saved the shot.The defence should never have allowed it to be made-very poor.Logan did exactly the right thing at the throw in and didn't try to touch it-nothing wrong there at all.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2016, 09:57 PM
:top marks We are in this position because we don't score enough goals

:agree: that's what I've been saying all season.

Folk laid into Oxley instead of acknowledging that fact.

erskine-hibby
10-05-2016, 10:15 PM
The goal aside I thought Logan was pretty ropey all game.

Ged
10-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Why? He's had one good game. So has Oxley.

So what are you suggesting here? That we pillory the current 1st choice keeper ahead of Friday's game?

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2016, 10:17 PM
We had 15 shots at goal, they had 4.
therin lies the problem, I should be able to play in goals for us.

You're right . Although it'd be good if the last line of defence wasn't chucking them in.

matty_f
10-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Who'd you prefer, overweight journeyman or fit, agile yet mistake prone keeper. Unfortunately, a all too familiar question for hibs supporters

Literally the first time I've seen that question asked on here. Couldn't be a less familiar question.

HIBEES 4 LIFE
10-05-2016, 10:21 PM
So what are you suggesting here? That we pillory the current 1st choice keeper ahead of Friday's game?

Who is the first choice? Logan certainly is not, playing a few games does call you number 1. Oxley should play out the season then we should try again.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2016, 10:24 PM
get McGovern from hamilton accies in the summer, just do it whoever our manager is :)

HIBEES 4 LIFE
10-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Literally the first time I've seen that question asked on here. Couldn't be a less familiar question.

I meant more the choice between a poor Goalie and another poor Goalie, but I take your point.

The Kaiser
10-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Logan's kept more clean sheets in about 4/5 games than oxley has since February. And he's not match fit. Give the boy a chance. He dominates his area far better and has better communication.

Bear in mind he has also played in several cup finals, albeit lower league in England, but he's won in them.

Smartie
10-05-2016, 10:32 PM

Like you I am a huge Hanlon fan and defend him on here to the hilt but I agree 100% that he should have done much, much better than he did at the goal.

There really is no excuse for a player getting that much time to turn and get his shot away. Hanlon was pretty culpable at the last Falkirk game and I can only imagine that these are the incidents that his critics base their opinions on.

Logan made a mistake but I honestly didn't think he was that bad tonight.

He's done well for us over the 5 games and we have to trust him to put it behind him, move on and play well in the next game.

Bishop Hibee
10-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Combination of poor finishing, the ref and Poor defending for the second including Logan,

Frustrating but if second half Hibs turn up we'll win on Friday.

Captain Trips
10-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Logan's kept more clean sheets in about 4/5 games than oxley has since February. And he's not match fit. Give the boy a chance. He dominates his area far better and has better communication.

Bear in mind he has also played in several cup finals, albeit lower league in England, but he's won in them.

Who is in goals between the two should not matter, it only matters because we are not doing enough in final 3rd.

The big man chucked one in ok but how the hell were we only 1 goal ahead by that point. Put it this way if I was offered a new goalie or a midfielder with a few tricks I would take midfielder.

Our problems were all clear in this match it summed our season. Far to lightweight upfront and every mistake punished.

Practice some crossing and finishing over next few days eh.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2016, 10:45 PM
I thought Logan was poor tonight and his error for the goal was terrible.

northstandhibby
10-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Should have won that game, no doubt about it. It was very harsh to only draw as we were by far the better team. What was slightly disappointing for me was the amount of passes taken for the ball to end up where it should have about 5 passes earlier. It's only half time though and still confident we can do the business in the second leg.

GGTTH

monktonharp
10-05-2016, 10:58 PM
can we expect a thread about Stokes soon? unbelievably some dingle behind me in the East retorted............Stokes, you are the worst player I have ever seen, then buggered off hame with 5 mins to go plus injury time.:rolleyes: I might have made a bad mistake, moving to the East. 2 games on the trot,with erseholes like that one tonight.

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Logan poor again,distribution terrible, gave away a goal and the reason why I said the jury was stil out after a couple of games was I hadn't seen enough of him,I have now.Get our number one keeper back in before it's too late.

monktonharp
10-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Should have won that game, no doubt about it. It was very harsh to only draw as we were by far the better team. What was slightly disappointing for me was the amount of passes taken for the ball to end up where it should have about 5 passes earlier. It's only half time though and still confident we can do the business in the second leg.

GGTTHExactly. the difference on Friday will be that all our fans there will make more noise too, than the 75% supporting the other mob.

Spike Mandela
10-05-2016, 11:02 PM
It's time to forget the one good game logan has played and realise that he is not the messiah

He's just a very naughty boy.:cb

Glorious St Pat
10-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Logan poor again,distribution terrible, gave away a goal and the reason why I said the jury was stil out after a couple of games was I hadn't seen enough of him,I have now.Get our number one keeper back in before it's too late.

Please just please......have some faith in the managers decision. All keepers make mistakes but myself feel more comfortable with Logan. Problem is....we don't have an out and out reliable number one and that includes the Hipster with his dodgy beard!

monktonharp
10-05-2016, 11:07 PM
I agree about his distribution, but he has other attributes which, compared to Oxley, are better. I have a funny feeling though that Stubbs will opt for Oxley on Friday

hhibs
10-05-2016, 11:07 PM
Like you I am a huge Hanlon fan and defend him on here to the hilt but I agree 100% that he should have done much, much better than he did at the goal.

There really is no excuse for a player getting that much time to turn and get his shot away. Hanlon was pretty culpable at the last Falkirk game and I can only imagine that these are the incidents that his critics base their opinions on.

Logan made a mistake but I honestly didn't think he was that bad tonight.

He's done well for us over the 5 games and we have to trust him to put it behind him, move on and play well in the next game.

Yep,stay with him. I strongly believe he will CONTINUE to offer the best option for Hibs.

Stokesy's on fire
10-05-2016, 11:10 PM
I take it Stubbs doesn't rate virtanen ? What's the story with him ?

From what I hear he is pretty poor and similar to old Oly Gottskaalksson

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Please just please......have some faith in the managers decision. All keepers make mistakes but myself feel more comfortable with Logan. Problem is....we don't have an out and out reliable number one and that includes the Hipster with his dodgy beard!

Well I don't,I will never feel more comfortable with an overweight slumbering giant in goal as opposed to a nimble athlete. FFS Oxley must be wondering why he bothers when he sees the lard arse being wheeled out for games ahead of him.

Keyser Sauzee
10-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Bad error tonight and one which could ultimately cost us however I still prefer him to Oxley and feel he should stay in goals for the remainder.

hhibs
10-05-2016, 11:17 PM
Who is the first choice? Logan certainly is not, playing a few games does call you number 1. Oxley should play out the season then we should try again.

Nonsense,in the few games Logan has played ,despite not being match fit and having recovered from serious injury,he has shown more goalkeeping abilty than Oxley has in two seasons.

And,playing a few games one after the other does make you the first choice !

Oxley is not an option ,tried tested,found wanting...............................again and again.

hhibs
10-05-2016, 11:19 PM

Could not agree more.

lucky
10-05-2016, 11:23 PM
Awful mistake tonight but his semi final performance gives his some latitude

R'Albin
11-05-2016, 01:05 AM
I think some balance is required with this. I didn't fully form an opinion on Logan's ability based on his semi final performance in the same way I'm not forming my opinion based on one, admittedly pretty dreadful, error in a big game. The reason that I, and many other Hibbies, am not critical of Stubbs for selecting him is because until tonight, he had only one real mistake to his name. Oxley has been sub par for almost two seasons now, IMO, and that's why he received so much heat for his previous mistakes.

I'm not saying Logan is the answer but I'd be starting him on Friday.

Edinburgher
11-05-2016, 01:33 AM
I think we are forgetting that Conrad has made TWO mistakes - the RR goal at Starks he was certainly not too clever at along with tonight`s second for Falkirk. However, I think we should stick with him as Oxley fills me with even less confidence.

OsloHibs
11-05-2016, 01:49 AM
Go on conrad. He got us into our final, and will have my support. Always.

stuart01
11-05-2016, 05:46 AM

He was always going to make a mistake as most keepers do every few games. Rather it was last night than Friday. Hibs will win on Friday in 90 minutes!

Hibrandenburg
11-05-2016, 05:58 AM
Talking about me son? I've read this forum for years and you boys talk some amount of nonsense I had to intervene.

Time to learn to use the quote button, then at least we'll know who you're squaring up to.

essexhibee
11-05-2016, 06:08 AM
He was really poor yesterday as others have mentioned distribution was awful. What was it with the massive kicks from hand straight back to their keeper?! If he's not the size he is he's making it down easier to that ball and avoiding the clanger.

Pete
11-05-2016, 06:16 AM
We have to stick with him for the remainder of the season (Four games).

No more chopping and changing.

InchHibby
11-05-2016, 06:18 AM
We had four or five good chances to score. Logan made a mistake but can't be hounded. Ref made a mistake but it happens all the time. Take our chance we win. We are just not clinical enough at the moment.

I don't think it's as simple by saying the ref made a mistake, I'm up in the top tier of the west stand and I can see that it's nothing short of a stonewall penalty, as did everyone around me, he's two yards away from it facing the incident full on and decides against it. It wasn't even one of these fifty fifty decisions where you have to take a moment before making a decision, his finger should have pointed to the spot immediately and the culprit should have been yellow carded.

Allant1981
11-05-2016, 06:19 AM

Or not, the defence seem to have confidence in him, it was a bad mistake for the goal though

mcfly
11-05-2016, 06:31 AM
Ok he made a mistake but stokes had a shocker last night.

Clean through blasts over bar was awful.

We. Had our chances but didn't take them

mcfly
11-05-2016, 06:32 AM
Bad error tonight and one which could ultimately cost us however I still prefer him to Oxley and feel he should stay in goals for the remainder.

Please no

mcfly
11-05-2016, 06:34 AM
I think Oxley will play on Friday. Conrad not very good tonight.

No he won't - oxley won't play again

scottish_sleepy
11-05-2016, 06:43 AM
Maybe we should be more concerned that we rarely won the first header from free kicks punted into our box. This then creates chances for them to feed off. Watch the video of the goal. The guy wasn't even challenged for the first header.

LaMotta
11-05-2016, 06:57 AM
With the chance of pens on Friday, we should stick with him.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2016, 07:02 AM

Apparently Logan had a coffee yesterday.

Don't know if that changes your mind about him?

3pm
11-05-2016, 07:03 AM
You can't drop him. He's made one mistake, albeit a high profile one.

Oxley would have been criticised for this but the reaction he receives has been due to a number of mistakes over almost 2 seasons.

If Logan makes the same number of mistakes he'll get criticism.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2016, 07:05 AM
You can't drop him. He's made one mistake, albeit a high profile one.

Oxley would have been criticised for this but the reaction he receives has been due to a number of mistakes over almost 2 seasons.

If Logan makes the same number of mistakes he'll get criticism.

It's 2 mistakes and he's got away with the poor kicks so far.

But you're right he shouldn't be dropped and based on Stubbs on the radio last night I don't think he will be.

Just hope he stops making mistakes before it properly costs us.

number9dream
11-05-2016, 07:07 AM
We had 15 shots at goal, they had 4.
therin lies the problem, I should be able to play in goals for us.

Story of the season. Once again, the opposition need to do very little to take something from the game.

lyonhibs
11-05-2016, 07:18 AM
That's an absolute howler from Logan, gets down like he's in a zero gravity chamber. Also shows an odd fascination - that Oxley seems to share - at trying to get his hands to everything down low when a simple outstretched boot would do the job just as well, and a good bit quicker.

A real test on Friday coming up. Houston will have his hammer throwers fired up to the max and we'll have to match them for fire and determination before waxing too lyrical about how much "better" our brand of football is.

lapsedhibee
11-05-2016, 09:59 AM
It's lovely to see all of the new posters on here that are so knowledgeable about our players, and especially the keepers :aok:

35-40 years, aye?

greenlex
11-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Next season we need a new keeper and a hard working penalty box goal scorer who is a complete pest for 90 mins. Minimum.

Peevemor
11-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Next season we need a new keeper and a hard working penalty box goal scorer who is a complete pest for 90 mins. Minimum.

Jason Cummings is one of our hardest working players and he scores goals.

Tommy75
11-05-2016, 10:29 AM
For god sake the guy has made a mistake, it will happen at this level unfortunately. Lets judge him on how he reacts to it.

greenlex
11-05-2016, 10:29 AM

Have to disagree about his 90 min work rate Peeev.

Brightside
11-05-2016, 10:35 AM
I do wish he would stop punting the ball up to our 5ft high strikers.

11-05-2016, 11:00 AM
We have to stick with him for the remainder of the season (Four games).

No more chopping and changing.

Agree. Horrible error from him tonight but like you say, no more chopping and changing. Hopefully this will gear him up even more to want to make ammends on friday.

J-C
11-05-2016, 11:15 AM

Your watching a different Cummings to the one I watch, runs around for 5 mins, takes a breather, then does another 5 min run around, touch of an elephant and easily pushed off the ball, he's good for one thing and that's scoring goals, other than that it's like being a man short at times.

I like his cockiness but sometimes you have to back up that cockiness with performances and he's no Griffiths or Riordan unfortunately.

Smartie
11-05-2016, 11:25 AM
I wish our strikers weren't so hard-working.

I want someone who will float nonchalantly about with his hands on his hips whilst everyone else does his dirty work before sparking into life once or twice every game finding that he has ample energy to find space and have enough composure to finish properly when the chance comes along.

I think Jason's trying too hard at the moment.

On the plus side I thought he linked up quite nicely with Stokes on the odd occasion though…….

Tyler Durden
11-05-2016, 11:30 AM
You are spot on Smartie. Earlier in the year Stubbs talked about the management working with Cummings to keep him in the right areas, not run about daft chasing full backs.

Can anyone recall a single good through ball played to Cummings last night? Only one I can is the one he was wrongly penalised for handball.

"He does nothing but score"... These people just gonna ignore the several crosses he delivered from the right in the 2nd half or the chance laid on a plate for Stokes???

Not a great performance by Cummings but seems to be a new scapegoat for fans who just like something to moan about. Anything to moan about

Unseen work
11-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Excluding the first game he has had his fair share of dodgy moments in his limited game time.

Couple of times he has came for crosses and got nowhere near them but it never resulted in a goal.

The goal against raith was partly his fault as he was in no man's land.

Last night's was a howler.

I like him and think we should stick with him as he can produce some very good saves like he has shown so far

Glad to see fans still back him though unlike the abuse directed to oxley

Allant1981
11-05-2016, 12:30 PM

He scores goals yes but thats about it

SJM
11-05-2016, 12:32 PM
He scores goals yes but thats about it

He should have had an assist last night with a lovely touch through to Stokes...

Allant1981
11-05-2016, 12:36 PM
He should have had an assist last night with a lovely touch through to Stokes...

Yip he did and he really needs to start getting more involved in games as he has been non existant recently

leggeto
11-05-2016, 12:39 PM
One mistake so far,if I had the choice I'd go with logan rather than oxley

hibs0666
11-05-2016, 12:41 PM
One mistake so far,if I had the choice I'd go with logan rather than oxley

I felt that Logan went to bits after his howler. Oxley for me.

Allant1981
11-05-2016, 12:44 PM

He didnt have much to do after the howler, he wasnt playing well before it though

leggeto
11-05-2016, 12:46 PM

Yeah hard for keepers as no back up unless a player gets on the line to clear.tbh in the league we are in its not easy to get a top quality keeper,hope it's his only mistake as all our games from now are huge

erin go bragh
11-05-2016, 01:09 PM
I wish our strikers weren't so hard-working.

I want someone who will float nonchalantly about with his hands on his hips whilst everyone else does his dirty work before sparking into life once or twice every game finding that he has ample energy to find space and have enough composure to finish properly when the chance comes along.

I think Jason's trying too hard at the moment.

On the plus side I thought he linked up quite nicely with Stokes on the odd occasion though…….
What I've give for another Steve Archibald .
Looked an easy save to make from the FF . Yes Oxley would have saved it but had Oxley been in goals for the semi final , I don't think we would have got through . All hypothetical tho .
If we start the game on Fri , the same way we started the second half , it won't matter a jot who is in goals . Imo .

GGTTH

hibs0666
11-05-2016, 01:27 PM
He didnt have much to do after the howler, he wasnt playing well before it though

He fluffed another clearance and then let a long throw bounce in the six yard box and over the bar.

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2016, 01:37 PM
He fluffed another clearance and then let a long throw bounce in the six yard box and over the bar.Why wouldn't he let the throw bounce over? No Falkirk player near it and it doesn't count if it goes in.

lyonhibs
11-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Why wouldn't he let the throw bounce over? No Falkirk player near it and it doesn't count if it goes in.

I've not seen the game so this is just out of curiosity. Did he "let" the ball bounce over his head - i.e. nonchalantly light up a fat Cuban cigar whilst watching it drift over, or did he misjudge the bounce and it then went over his head and the bar?

I play goalie at a relatively ok level (in the "pub league" scale of things here, so clearly Logan is way way better than me) but the notion of "letting" a ball bounce over my head is a tad alien.

Misjudging the bounce however, I've had plenty of those :greengrin

emerald green
11-05-2016, 01:52 PM
As you know i am Hanlons biggest fan, but he has to do better with the 2nd goal. The striker is able to hold the ball up and turn on him to get the shot off. Goalie should save but Hanlon should do better

:agree: It was poor defending all round from Hibs for Falkirk's second goal. The Falkirk player (McHugh - another late goal) seemed to me to get too much time and space to control, turn and get his shot away (did it go through Hanlon's legs maybe?).

That said, the goalkeeper has to save that shot. It didn't look as if it had much pace on it, and Logan looked far too slow getting down. A terrible goal to lose in such an important match for this club.

If it had been Oxley he would be getting slaughtered on here by some.

When are Hibs going to get a solid reliable goalkeeper? A good shot stopper who can command his penalty box and distributes the ball well. Maybe goalkeepers like that don't or wont play in the Championship?

Tyler Durden
11-05-2016, 02:00 PM
LyonHibs

Logan watched the ball which was always in front of him, bounce up over and wide of the goal. He was well in control.

I think the only people panicking were those not aware that it wouldn't count. Probably the same ones mentioned on the other thread who claim for offside from goal kicks

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2016, 02:01 PM
I've not seen the game so this is just out of curiosity. Did he "let" the ball bounce over his head - i.e. nonchalantly light up a fat Cuban cigar whilst watching it drift over, or did he misjudge the bounce and it then went over his head and the bar?

I play goalie at a relatively ok level (in the "pub league" scale of things here, so clearly Logan is way way better than me) but the notion of "letting" a ball bounce over my head is a tad alien.

Misjudging the bounce however, I've had plenty of those :greengrinThe ball bounced at the corner of the 6 yard box and over the bar, Logan had it covered fine and would have caught it had it been on target.

Tyler Durden
11-05-2016, 02:03 PM
:agree: It was poor defending all round from Hibs for Falkirk's second goal. The Falkirk player (McHugh - another late goal) seemed to me to get too much time and space to control, turn and get his shot away (did it go through Hanlon's legs maybe?).

That said, the goalkeeper has to save that shot. It didn't look as if it had much pace on it, and Logan looked far too slow getting down. A terrible goal to lose in such an important match for this club.

If it had been Oxley he would be getting slaughtered on here by some.

When are Hibs going to get a solid reliable goalkeeper? A good shot stopper who can command his penalty box and distributes the ball well. Maybe goalkeepers like that don't or wont play in the Championship?

I think this description and others are a bit harsh. There was plenty of pace on a shot from roughly 10 yards out. He should've done better but IMO it's not comparable to Oxleys errors against Falkirk, Morton or Rangers this season at Easter Rd

J-C
11-05-2016, 02:03 PM

Misjudging the bounce however, I've had plenty of those :greengrin

It was a bit surreal, the long throw came in and was sort of left by the defenders and as there was no Falkirk player near it Logan just let it bounce in front of him and over the bar, I think the two defenders just ignoring it made it a bit more weird unless they got a shout from Logan to leave it.

emerald green
11-05-2016, 03:04 PM
I think this description and others are a bit harsh. There was plenty of pace on a shot from roughly 10 yards out. He should've done better but IMO it's not comparable to Oxleys errors against Falkirk, Morton or Rangers this season at Easter Rd

By "he should've done better" you presumably mean you think he should have saved the shot? As I said in my earlier post, it wasn't just down to a goalkeeping blunder (which it was!).

I agree Oxley has made similar gaffes too.

Tyler Durden
11-05-2016, 03:13 PM
By "he should've done better" you presumably mean you think he should have saved the shot? As I said in my earlier post, it wasn't just down to a goalkeeping blunder (which it was!).

I agree Oxley has made similar gaffes too.

I disagree that it didn't have pace and that he was slow getting down - ultimately he hasn't saved it though! Agree with an earlier post that looked easy to save with feet but few keepers seem to favour that approach. De Gea being a notable exception

Allant1981
11-05-2016, 04:05 PM
He fluffed another clearance and then let a long throw bounce in the six yard box and over the bar.

He had been fluffing kicks the whole game, keepers know what going near their goal(most of the time) so im sure he knew what he was doing!!

FranckSuzy
11-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Time to learn to use the quote button, then at least we'll know who you're squaring up to.

It was me, I think :greengrin

35-40 years, aye?

:aok:

hibbysam
12-05-2016, 05:59 AM

It was about 15 yards out, and in today's football terms it was a daisy cutter, plain and simple, Oxley saved a far more difficult one against rangers from Jason Holt, who turned and shot from 7/8 yards out and Ox got down well to save!
Tuesday's mistake was a shocker, no way to butter it up. Last Wednesday's was poor, although if you really want you can find excuses for that one. His kicking is also woeful, it's all well and good being 'urgent' but hopeless sliced kicks to their full backs is not what we need, and pass backs when under pressure could go anywhere.

Libby Hibby
12-05-2016, 07:04 AM
Logan for me, no question. I hope that Oxley comes good in time for us but Conrad is more likely to come collect when under pressure, more likely to produce that 'brilliant' save and if it goes to penalties on Friday then we know how that will turn out.

Ronniekirk
12-05-2016, 07:59 AM
Its now something else Stubbs will be exercising his mind about Am sure he would rather Conrad hadn't made that blunder then we win game and he stays in goals
However Stubbs will know the impact on Oxley of being dropped and its up to Stubbs to decide who is best placed for Friday on a plastic pitch that could see the ball bobble more
But think i would stick with Logan as we have only been beaten once when he has been in goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-05-2016, 08:31 AM

It was significantly worse than any of those ones you mentioned. Which one against Morton? None of their 3 goals were even remotely close to being as bad as that one the other night? Not Logan bashing for no reason as I wanted him to get his shot, however let's not rewrite history and pretend Oxley has done worse than that. Falkirk's goal at ER earlier in the season was a shocker from Oxley but it was on a soaking wet pitch and he parried it out at least. Tuesday's was on a dry pitch and he let it squirm under him. No excuses. He certainly wouldn't try and make any for himself.

SlickShoes
12-05-2016, 08:41 AM
It was significantly worse than any of those ones you mentioned. Which one against Morton? None of their 3 goals were even remotely close to being as bad as that one the other night? Not Logan bashing for no reason as I wanted him to get his shot, however let's not rewrite history and pretend Oxley has done worse than that. Falkirk's goal at ER earlier in the season was a shocker from Oxley but it was on a soaking wet pitch and he parried it out at least. Tuesday's was on a dry pitch and he let it squirm under him. No excuses. He certainly wouldn't try and make any for himself.

A shot going under Logan was worse than Mark Oxley nonchalantly not giving two ****s about a cross that was right at him and letting it hit the bar and drop at the feet or a the rangers player?

Logan made a bad error and should have saved it, so did the defense in the lead up, it was the usual catalog of crap play that sees us concede goals. His kicking was suspect as well.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-05-2016, 08:44 AM
A shot going under Logan was worse than Mark Oxley nonchalantly not giving two ****s about a cross that was right at him and letting it hit the bar and drop at the feet or a the rangers player?

Logan made a bad error and should have saved it, so did the defense in the lead up, it was the usual catalog of crap play that sees us concede goals. His kicking was suspect as well.

Do you honestly believe Oxley didn't care if he made a tit of himself against Rangers in a televised match? Of course he 'gave a ****'. He misread the cross completely and it was a bad error but it wasn't through not caring or being nonchalant. Tuesday's was worse for me. Keepers should never be beaten at their near post or let daisy cutters squirm under them.

SlickShoes
12-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Do you honestly believe Oxley didn't care if he made a tit of himself against Rangers in a televised match? Of course he 'gave a ****'. He misread the cross completely and it was a bad error but it wasn't through not caring or being nonchalant. Tuesday's was worse for me. Keepers should never be beaten at their near post or let daisy cutters squirm under them.

They were both howlers, I'm glad we now have a 5 page thread battering Logan AND Oxley though, it's brilliant for morale!

You'd think the Oxley fanatics would be able to let one go for the sake of how many times they wanted the same treatment for Ox but naw any chance to stick the boot in.

Danderhall Hibs
12-05-2016, 09:21 AM
They were both howlers, I'm glad we now have a 5 page thread battering Logan AND Oxley though, it's brilliant for morale!

You'd think the Oxley fanatics would be able to let one go for the sake of how many times they wanted the same treatment for Ox but naw any chance to stick the boot in.

At least it's an error that's being discussed rather than one that's been made up to fit.

green.oracle
12-05-2016, 10:07 AM
LyonHibs

Logan watched the ball which was always in front of him, bounce up over and wide of the goal. He was well in control.

I think the only people panicking were those not aware that it wouldn't count. Probably the same ones mentioned on the other thread who claim for offside from goal kicks
Well in control?? He was flapping all over the place. As others have said his kicking was abysmal all night too. Whoever plays in goal on friday had better shape up or we are f*****. At one stage of the second half we had 90% posses

SunshineOnLeith
12-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Oxley is a much better all round keeper.

TrinityHibs
12-05-2016, 10:17 AM

Logan is a much better round goalkeeper

The Green Goblin
12-05-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm with Kaiser on this one. I thought Stokes' howling miss from about six yards when he was put through was as bad as Logan's mistake, but he's not got his own "critical" thread? :confused: Selective criticism. Mistakes happen. This was a bad one, but he has done a lot more right than wrong since he took over the jersey. Scottish Cup final anyone??

The only thing that matters now is the result tomorrow. Time to focus on that. Everything else is over and done.

Tyler Durden
12-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Well in control?? He was flapping all over the place. As others have said his kicking was abysmal all night too. Whoever plays in goal on friday had better shape up or we are f*****. At one stage of the second half we had 90% posses

Nonsense. And he made a few poor kicks that had no impact whatsoever.

It wouldn't matter who we had in goals, it could be De Gea and some so called Hibs fans would be sh**ing themselves and shouting abuse at any minor error.

SJM
12-05-2016, 11:38 AM

Oxley is *****. He's not much better than anything apart from kicking.

Tyler Durden
12-05-2016, 11:39 AM

It wasn't for me.

Falkirks goal earlier in the season was a tame tame shot which Oxley parried right to their player. Similar against Morton where he palms a harmless cross to the penalty spot. And the Rangers one at home is pretty self explanatory.

I prefer Logan personally but I'm not an Oxley hater by any means. I think Stubbs would put massive pressure on Oxley if he were to reinstate him now. Can't see that happening

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-05-2016, 05:07 PM

Not sure if you're suggesting I'm an Oxley fanatic? I can assure you I'm not. I was screaming for Logan to get the gloves after the semi. However, there is no point in pretending that wasn't a howler the other night. It was as bad as anything I've seen from Oxley in two seasons, and that's from someone that's been critical of Oxley. I'll support the big man from the stands, as always and hope he doesn't have another moment like that

Viva_Palmeiras
12-05-2016, 06:36 PM
I see the berating of Hibs' keepers' has gone full-circle. It used to be the opposition. Now a vocal bunch would like an errant keeper to disembowel himself with spears in the centre circle at the mere whiff of a flapped cross.
Post Bosman we've struggled for keepers on the level of Goram, Leighton and Rough levels.

Sammy7nil
12-05-2016, 08:23 PM
I see the berating of Hibs' keepers' has gone full-circleb. It used to be the opposition. Now a vocal bunch would like an errant keeper to disembowel himself with spears in the centre circle at the mere whiff of a flapped cross.
Post Bosman we've struggled for keepers on the level of Goram, Leighton and Rough levels.

LOL we have not had a keeper in ten years that is fit to smell their gloves let alone fill them.