PDA

View Full Version : Berwick Hibs SC?

G B Young
10-05-2016, 04:00 PM
I recall this was once quite a thriving branch. Does it still exist? My brother's working in Eyemouth for the next fortnight and wondering if anyone can recommend pubs which will show the Hibs play-off games? Do the pubs tend to show Scottish games?

G B Young
11-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I recall this was once quite a thriving branch. Does it still exist? My brother's working in Eyemouth for the next fortnight and wondering if anyone can recommend pubs which will show the Hibs play-off games? Do the pubs tend to show Scottish games?

Just bumping this up ahead of Friday's game. Anyone help?

Hiber-nation
11-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Just bumping this up ahead of Friday's game. Anyone help?

I think one of the Berwick Hibbies (Stevie?) moved to Malta....he posts on here.

andrew70
11-05-2016, 06:12 PM
The Contented Sole in Eyemouth will be good.

The owners, Eddie and Laura, are good friends of mine but it's a thriving place.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-05-2016, 06:25 PM
The Dolphin Hotel will show it, watched plenty Scottish games in there in the past.

keano the hibee
11-05-2016, 06:26 PM
There is a Berwick hibs fb page but not sure about about an official supporters club, they have been running buses to cup games.

G B Young
11-05-2016, 09:27 PM
There is a Berwick hibs fb page but not sure about about an official supporters club, they have been running buses to cup games.

Yes, it was my recollection there was quite a thriving branch there which hosted events like Burns nights but I might be wrong.

Thanks for suggestions, I think he's actually staying in Berwick itself on Friday so was looking for venues in the town that local Hibbies might know.

jamieross
11-05-2016, 10:34 PM
As mentioned The Contented Sole and The Dolphin and probably The Fleet will have the football on in Eyemouth. As for Berwick, I'm sure The Brewers arms would put it on. Or maybe The Queens head in Tweedmouth depending where he's staying.

monktonharp
11-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Yes, it was my recollection there was quite a thriving branch there which hosted events like Burns nights but I might be wrong.

Thanks for suggestions, I think he's actually staying in Berwick itself on Friday so was looking for venues in the town that local Hibbies might know.you are correct. they somehow disbanded after the chair/convenor moved to Malta? . We have had a family from Chirnside on our bus a couple of times,who travelled with Berwick hsc but not heard from them for a while despite trying to contact them. and yes they always had a Burns night.

berwickhibee
12-05-2016, 01:12 PM
We are still on the go,we had buses upto Hampden for Ross co and Dundee Utd games,and are running a bus to the Rangers cup final.

We don't do burns supper anymore,it had run its course after 10 years are so,donated a substantial amount to Hibs in various forms. Bill who done most of the work,retired and moved away.

We are more unofficially run now,most contact is done by our Facebook page berwickhibs.

berwickhibee
12-05-2016, 01:16 PM
We have hibees from,Berwick,chirnside,duns,eyemouth,Ayton,Paxton, grants house and edinburgh who all join up to travel when we do buses.:thumbsup:

G B Young
12-05-2016, 06:09 PM
We have hibees from,Berwick,chirnside,duns,eyemouth,Ayton,Paxton, grants house and edinburgh who all join up to travel when we do buses.:thumbsup:

Glad to hear you're still on the go. Do you ever meet up to watch televised Hibs games in pubs?

What's the general lay of the land there when it comes to football fans? I guess there will be a lot who head down to Newcastle/Sunderland? Is it too much to hope there aren't too many fans of Celtic and The Rangers?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-05-2016, 06:15 PM
I guess there will be a lot who head down to Newcastle/Sunderland? Is it too much to hope there aren't too many fans of Celtic and The Rangers?

Yes and Yes!