PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Rugby moving to Myreside

muzzando
10-05-2016, 03:49 PM
See that Edinburgh rugby have thankfully given up on trying to share with us at ER and are now going to share with Watson's
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36255369

Viva_Palmeiras
10-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Surely enough "synergies" with Hearts - they practically play the same sport. Makes sense for them to join forces. Some of the rugger types could even change codes completely and seamlessly gel with the first 11...

G B Young
10-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Won't be of much interest to the majority on here, but as a rugby fan I'd say that's a good move for Edinburgh Rugby. A compact, proper rugby ground that will generate a much better atmosphere than the cavernous Murrayfield. I did think they might opt for a groundshare at the new stadium being built in Stockbridge mind you.

ano hibby
10-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Won't be of much interest to the majority on here, but as a rugby fan I'd say that's a good move for Edinburgh Rugby. A compact, proper rugby ground that will generate a much better atmosphere than the cavernous Murrayfield. I did think they might opt for a groundshare at the new stadium being built in Stockbridge mind you.

Agree with this. It's a good move. Can see myself going to Myreside on a Friday night when I wouldn't go to Murrayfield as its soulless with 3000 in it.
Anyone know the process..did they consider Goldenacre, new Accies ground etc?

Heedersnvolleys
10-05-2016, 04:15 PM
I never understood why stew mel's ground was never quoted???? Pass it most days and that stand is massive! Buy the bit of land where holy cross play and you could have another stand and parking