PDA

View Full Version : FAO JULIE ROBERTS (Life with Hibs video)

MB62
10-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Don't know if Julie is a :hnet: member on here or not but if so, I would really appreciate it if you could contact me by PM.
Your Life with Hibs video had me in tears. I knew Gordon well through my brothers and because of this, I would like to make contact as soon as.
I posted on here about Gordon on his passing, he was a great man and great Hibs man.

Mon Dieu4
10-05-2016, 10:02 AM
She is a good friend of mine, I will send her this link for you!

MB62
10-05-2016, 10:09 AM
She is a good friend of mine, I will send her this link for you!

Thanks for that, I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Mon Dieu4
10-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Thanks for that, I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Not a problem, I've let her know and im sure she will be in touch

MB62
10-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Not a problem, I've let her know and im sure she will be in touch

MD4

You have a PM

EDIT: Apologies for PM, Should have read your post properly :-D

NAE NOOKIE
10-05-2016, 10:35 AM
What a great and very moving watch Julie's video was ..... only a football fan could really understand why it was so touching, if you ever needed to explain to anybody why football is more than just a pastime and its devotees are more than just 'customers' her video says it all.

SeanWilson
10-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Don't know if Julie is a :hnet: member on here or not but if so, I would really appreciate it if you could contact me by PM.
Your Life with Hibs video had me in tears. I knew Gordon well through my brothers and because of this, I would like to make contact as soon as.
I posted on here about Gordon on his passing, he was a great man and great Hibs man.

That makes two of us... watched it last night and the wife was looking at me like 'what the F is wrong with you'... showed her and she was also in tears.

Wonderful video. :agree:

FranckSuzy
10-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Wonderful video and story. For some reason, the bits that moved me the most were Julie having to buy her own ticket - as her dad had always arranged them - plus her meeting up with his old pals.

"It's more than a football club, it's a way of life", as someone once said :not worth

10-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Wonderful video, thank you very much Julie for sharing your story. Had me in tears this morning watching it. I too have been raised by a dad who is hibs daft and through him i also fell in love with the club from a very early age. Hibs has brought me and my dad so close and we have shared so many wonderful memories together watching our beloved hibernian much like you and your dad.

Very sorry for your loss but he will no doubt be watching over his second home, Easter Road every other week cheering on the boys from above. Wonderful video, that myself and others will be able to relate to and shows that Hibernian FC is more than just a football club, its a way of life, its a family.

CallumLaidlaw
10-05-2016, 11:01 AM
What a great and very moving watch Julie's video was ..... only a football fan could really understand why it was so touching, if you ever needed to explain to anybody why football is more than just a pastime and its devotees are more than just 'customers' her video says it all.

Agreed. I watched it last night and was very moved by it. Really had to stop myself having a wee sob. Showed my 11 yr old son and he was even touched by it. Showed my non-football loving wife, and she thought it was a nice piece but wasn't affected by it like I was. I think it just resonates because I go to the games with my dad, as I have for nearly 30 years. Except its me that sorts the tickets these days :wink: Its him I want the Scottish cup win for more than myself.

Hibby Gav
10-05-2016, 11:09 AM
God bless you and all your family Julie...

I'm burst......

now.....lets get this thing done

GGTTH

JeMeSouviens
10-05-2016, 11:11 AM
In case anyone else also had missed this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx8dFjVWnrw

WeeRussell
10-05-2016, 11:36 AM

Inspiring. Touching. Beautiful.

RIP

I am sure your old man would be very proud of the scenes in that video, Julie.

:flag:

MB62
10-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Inspiring. Touching. Beautiful.

RIP

I am sure your old man would be very proud of the scenes in that video, Julie.

:flag:

Hibs daft/fanatic are words that could never accurately describe Gordons' passion for Hibernian. I thought I was a fanatic but couldn't be described in the same breath as Gordon, I don't think there are words to describe it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM
This is why I want my old man to be with me next Saturday just in case, I've not convinced him to go yet as he still isn't over the Ross County game, I'll be devastated (for a wee while) if he isn't alongside me were we to win it.

TamHibs
10-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Agreed. I watched it last night and was very moved by it. Really had to stop myself having a wee sob. Showed my 11 yr old son and he was even touched by it. Showed my non-football loving wife, and she thought it was a nice piece but wasn't affected by it like I was. I think it just resonates because I go to the games with my dad, as I have for nearly 30 years. Except its me that sorts the tickets these days :wink: Its him I want the Scottish cup win for more than myself.

Ahem?.....

CallumLaidlaw
10-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Ahem?.....

well, I sort his, and you sort mine :wink:

Stax
10-05-2016, 04:04 PM

Thanks for sharing, Julie is a real credit to her Dad.

KWJ
10-05-2016, 04:32 PM
It really was a lovely, emotional and completely unexpected video.

As someone whose barely been in the UK over the past few years I completely understand what Julie said about missing Easter Road. It's home, family, friends, memories, highest of highs & lowest of lows all wrapped together into one tangible place.

GGTTH

but their memory marches on...

The Green Goblin
10-05-2016, 05:27 PM
It was a very powerful film and brought a tear to my eye. How could it not? :agree:

Northern Hibby
10-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Dads eh they gave us Hibernian to support and for that I'll be eternally grateful, my mum did too but she was a geordie originally and caught the bug from My Dad, although at times she was more passionate ;-)

DaveF
10-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Beautiful video.

hibs69
10-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Extremely moving video. Prompted me to text my dad. Hopefully he's learned how to use his phone. In everyone's thoughts, Julie.

Scorrie
10-05-2016, 06:42 PM
What a moving, dignified video.

McD
10-05-2016, 07:45 PM
As many of us have experienced, my early footballing experience was heavily influenced by my dad, to the point that even now I can count on a few fingers the number of matches I've been to without him. My dad and I are really close, and a part of that is hibs, and football in general. We even stood together watching laddies playing in Holland at a boys club last year on holiday.

Every match and and moment are cherished. Thank you Julie