PDA

View Full Version : You learn something new every day

CallumLaidlaw
10-05-2016, 09:05 AM
So, apparently Hibs have a bigger budget than Falkirk. I'm glad Houston has mentioned that because he hasn't mentioned it before. :rolleyes:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14481219.Houston__Hibs__budget_is_twice_the_size_o f_ours_so_all_the_play_off_pressure_is_on_them/

Hermit Crab
10-05-2016, 09:07 AM
He's the class clown. Best ignored along with the rest of the media when we have big games coming up.

Andy74
10-05-2016, 09:07 AM
So, apparently Hibs have a bigger budget than Falkirk. I'm glad Houston has mentioned that because he hasn't mentioned it before. :rolleyes:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14481219.Houston__Hibs__budget_is_twice_the_size_o f_ours_so_all_the_play_off_pressure_is_on_them/
No worse than our chat about Rangers and never really expecting to be able to win the league. Credit to Falkirk though as they overcame the issue to this point.

Gatecrasher
10-05-2016, 09:10 AM
He's not wrong though.

CallumLaidlaw
10-05-2016, 09:12 AM
My point is, he literally mentions it in every single interview he does. If we knock them out the play offs, they will have achieved nowt. Maybe go and look at Leicester City Houston. Theres a team that HAVE achieved something on a limited budget (compared to the teams around them) and I don't really remember Ranieri bleating about the wages his players are on very much.

flash
10-05-2016, 09:13 AM
No worse than our chat about Rangers and never really expecting to be able to win the league. Credit to Falkirk though as they overcame the issue to this point.

Aye if only Malonga was still here with Fenlon as manager.

lapsedhibee
10-05-2016, 09:16 AM

A master of mind games, tomatoheid. Shirley he must have worked with Fergie at some point, to be this good at it.
Also his "It would be kudos to us if we did go up but only if we do go up." How many other managers would come out with that? Boy's a genius.

Bostonhibby
10-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Did he mention we've got one more stand than them and a real football pitch as well?

MoscowHibs
10-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Houston is a grade A puddle drinking,fat, baldy prick of the highest order. That's all he seems to come out with. After we have pumped them, what's the odds we get the "well Hibs have got twice oor budget blah blah pish".

Craig_HFC
10-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Did he mention that he's a total Hertz fandan?

CallumLaidlaw
10-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Houston is a grade A puddle drinking,fat, baldy prick of the highest order. That's all he seems to come out with. After we have pumped them, what's the odds we get the "well Hibs have got twice oor budget blah blah pish".

Nah I'm sure it'll all be big bad John McGinns fault.

Gatecrasher
10-05-2016, 09:26 AM
My point is, he literally mentions it in every single interview he does. If we knock them out the play offs, they will have achieved nowt. Maybe go and look at Leicester City Houston. Theres a team that HAVE achieved something on a limited budget (compared to the teams around them) and I don't really remember Ranieri bleating about the wages his players are on very much.

We need to give him a reason to shut up, we haven't really done that this season. That's why he's running his mouth every day. Hopefully we shut him up tonight.

J-C
10-05-2016, 09:29 AM
He's not wrong but still a fud of the highest honour, we need to score 2-3 goals tonight just to shut him up.

FranckSuzy
10-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Did he mention we've got one more stand than them and a real football pitch as well?

:faf:

Smartie
10-05-2016, 09:51 AM
He's not wrong but still a fud of the highest honour, we need to score 2-3 goals tonight just to shut him up.

I can't decide whether I'd rather horse them over the two legs and totally humiliate him or scrape past them with an injury time penalty from a John McGinn dive.

I think I'd rather the penalty tbh, even with our huge budget.

G B Young
10-05-2016, 10:05 AM
He's not wrong though.

No, he's not wrong that we have a bigger budget but if bigger budgets were a guarantee of success there would be any number of big clubs currently stuck in the English Championship challenging for the the Premier League title. There's no point in having a bigger budget if you don't use it to your advantage and doing that is a managerial skill in itself. As things stand Stubbs is on the brink of showing he can do that very well indeed, with promotion and a Scottish Cup win still genuine possibilities.

Yes, there's a higher expectation level around Hibs because of our resources but Houston is trying to have it both ways. If his side win he can crow about beating the team with the bigger budget and if they lose he can simply say our bigger budget bought us victory. He's done it to death now though and there's no need to keep banging on about it. His team need to do the talking on the pitch, where they've yet to beat us this season.

Geo_1875
10-05-2016, 10:07 AM
I can't decide whether I'd rather horse them over the two legs and totally humiliate him or scrape past them with an injury time penalty from a John McGinn dive.

NO NO NO

My nerves wouldn't stand it. Rather thump them by 4 goals tonight and get it over with early.

GreenCastle
10-05-2016, 10:09 AM
He mentions Hibs as a big club - that's nice coming from a Jambo

Geo_1875
10-05-2016, 10:12 AM
No, he's not wrong that we have a bigger budget but if bigger budgets were a guarantee of success there would be any number of big clubs currently stuck in the English Championship challenging for the the Premier League title. There's no point in having a bigger budget if you don't use it to your advantage and doing that is a managerial skill in itself. As things stand Stubbs is on the brink of showing he can do that very well indeed, with promotion and a Scottish Cup win still genuine possibilities.

Yes, there's a higher expectation level around Hibs because of our resources but Houston is trying to have it both ways. If his side win he can crow about beating the team with the bigger budget and if they lose he can simply say our bigger budget bought us victory. He's done it to death now though and there's no need to keep banging on about it. His team need to do the talking on the pitch, where they've yet to beat us this season.

Getting his excuses in early. A sure sign of a poor performer.

Kato
10-05-2016, 10:17 AM
I saw this and thought it was him being a bit thirsty.

Greenworld
10-05-2016, 10:26 AM
It's fair enough Falkirk have done brilliantly well on there budget of 300 pound / week / man .... can't stand the man but have to admire he job being done...

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
10-05-2016, 10:32 AM
It's fair enough Falkirk have done brilliantly well on there budget of 300 pound / week / man .... can't stand the man but have to admire he job being done...

If they get promoted he'll have done a good job. If they don't, he's just a useless bitter fud.

CallumLaidlaw
10-05-2016, 10:33 AM
If they get promoted he's a bitter fud. If they don't, he's just a useless bitter fud.

I've fixed that for you :wink:

Greenworld
10-05-2016, 10:33 AM
If they get promoted he'll have done a good job. If they don't, he's just a useless bitter fud.
Well said

Bristolhibby
10-05-2016, 12:54 PM

Horse them for me.

J

10-05-2016, 01:06 PM

Agree. His "oh but we've no got the same budget" chat is getting a bit boring now as is his constant bleeting about the penalty incident. Get over yourself ya fat hearts ****.

xyz23jc
10-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Horse them for me.

J

This! :thumbsup::top marks