PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

since90plustwo
09-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Apparently Wolves looking to bid a million pounds for him with add ons probably.

Would you take this?? Personally would be very tempted. Hes a goal scorer and has won some big games for us, but for that price i think you could get someone more reliable. Especially since his contract is up next term..

J-C
09-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Already been discussed

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2016, 04:30 PM
Apparently Wolves looking to bid a million pounds for him with add ons probably.

Would you take this?? Personally would be very tempted. Hes a goal scorer and has won some big games for us, but for that price i think you could get someone more reliable. Especially since his contract is up next term..Could you get someone better for 100k because that is the max we'll spend on a player.

Waxy
09-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Jason would be better signing another deal with us.

HoboHarry
09-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Not financially he wouldn't. Did he not suffer a bad injury when he was at Hearts? That will be on his mind as it's a short career and he has the right to earn as much as he can as quickly as he can. That said, I do hope we can keep him, I just think that the money will talk as it does at every club.

Lago
09-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Already been discussed
To the N degree.

Sammy7nil
09-05-2016, 04:58 PM
apparently wolves looking to bid a million pounds for him with add ons probably.

Would you take this?? Personally would be very tempted. Hes a goal scorer and has won some big games for us, but for that price i think you could get someone more reliable. Especially since his contract is up next term..

yes

Stantons Angel
09-05-2016, 05:01 PM
do we really need to be discussing things like this at a time like this?

All concentration should be on tomorrows then Fridays games. We need to focus just as much on these games as the team themselves.

As has been said we are all in this together!

Sammy7nil
09-05-2016, 08:08 PM

All concentration should be on tomorrows then Fridays games. We need to focus just as much on these games as the team themselves.

Thanks David Cameron :wink:

KeithTheHibby
09-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Already been discussed

And sold for 1m.

Steve20
10-05-2016, 05:11 AM

I'd like to think the team would be concentrating a bit more. Until the time comes to be at the match tonight to support them, there's not really much the supporters can do, so seems pretty normal to talk about all other things Hibs as well as the games coming up.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 06:21 AM
Could you get someone better for 100k because that is the max we'll spend on a player.

If he doesnt want to sign a new deal, then yes.

Alagui is a better player and we got him for free.

Allant1981
10-05-2016, 06:22 AM

Fans will always speak about this stuff. We are not part of daily team talks so pretty sure they wont be bothered or affected by it

easty
10-05-2016, 06:24 AM
If he doesnt want to sign a new deal, then yes.

Alagui is a better player and we got him for free.

When Cummings does eventually leave I hope we replace him with someone who contributes a lot more than Farid has.1

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 06:51 AM
When Cummings does eventually leave I hope we replace him with someone who contributes a lot more than Farid has.1

True, but thats been due to injuries.

1m plus add-ons is a good deal.

Will be fascinated to see how he does in england.

flash
10-05-2016, 06:56 AM
Why do we always want to sell our family silver when we know it will be replaced by cheap tat?
I would rather watch him banging the goals in for us for years to come.

easty
10-05-2016, 07:00 AM
Why do we always want to sell our family silver when we know it will be replaced by cheap tat?

Absolutely.

A guy who'll score you 20+ goals a season isn't easy to find for free. Which will be pretty much our budget for replacing him.

The Leith Dutch
10-05-2016, 07:04 AM

I'd have concerns about whether he will do this which is why I'd take a good offer right now.
Don't get me wrong 18 in the league each season is a decent return but if we get promoted we're going to be facing much better teams.
For me he should have been hitting nearer or even above 30 league goals at this level - particularly this season when he knows the opposition.

Not having a go at him - he's a very good player but whether it's that little extra notch of ability that someone like Griffiths has or something slightly off in attitude I just feel at this level he should be producing more.

Course opinions being what they are others might attribute that to wider issues with the team ;)

SJM
10-05-2016, 07:23 AM

It's not as if it's not been done before.

"Take the money" for what? I remember people said that about stokes, we ended up with Daryl Duffy and Yogi ended up with his P45.

Cummings is vital to us and will only get better, in an ideal world keep him but don't just flog him. There's a reason Wolves and others want him.

SJM
10-05-2016, 07:24 AM
I'd have concerns about whether he will do this which is why I'd take a good offer right now.
Don't get me wrong 18 in the league each season is a decent return but if we get promoted we're going to be facing much better teams.
For me he should have been hitting nearer or even above 30 league goals at this level - particularly this season when he knows the opposition.

Not having a go at him - he's a very good player but whether it's that little extra notch of ability that someone like Griffiths has or something slightly off in attitude I just feel at this level he should be producing more.

Course opinions being what they are others might attribute that to wider issues with the team ;)

He's scored **** loads against the better sides in the cups, hearts and rangers. Where was sparky at 19?

HiBremian
10-05-2016, 07:27 AM

Share your concerns, LD. I've not been impressed for a fair while, feeling that his decision-making has been quite poor and his head hasn't been where it needed to be. A lot of that is probably down to his age. But all players at that age need wise and competent mentoring if they want to move up to the next level. If we want to hold on to players like JC we need that culture and these skills at HFC. And even if we do have it, some players just don't have the maturity to shake off the puberty attitude (dummies, prams). That's my main fear with JC right now. But I'd always be willing to give the laddie the chance so I'm easy either way.

greenlex
10-05-2016, 07:31 AM
We will only keep him if he wants to stay.

EdinMike
10-05-2016, 07:38 AM
We will only keep him if he wants to stay.

Which he doesn't so.. meh.

DH1875
10-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Which he doesn't so.. meh.

If we are don't win promotion, then he probably won't and to be honest, I don't think he'll be the only one.

Brightside
10-05-2016, 07:51 AM
This thread and the Stubbs to Bolton thread are everything the OTHER LOT want on a Hibs forum. Never fails to amaze me how many Hibs Fans fall for this.

CB_NO3
10-05-2016, 07:54 AM
A million pound for Cummings haha. No chance. His all round play is pretty dire. He is a poacher who scores goals. He would need to improve a lot.

Scott Allan Key
10-05-2016, 07:59 AM
This thread and the Stubbs to Bolton thread are everything the OTHER LOT want on a Hibs forum. Never fails to amaze me how many Hibs Fans fall for this.

Indeed, team spirit and togetherness aren't all that difficult to inculcate in team and supporters are they?

The Leith Dutch
10-05-2016, 08:01 AM
He's scored **** loads against the better sides in the cups, hearts and rangers. Where was sparky at 19?

Griffiths at 19 scored 17 in 26 in the league (old division 1) compared to Cummings 18 in 33 so broadly comparable.
Probably worth also noting he had only 21 previous senior appearances at that time compared to Cummings who had 49 prior to this season.
I guess it's also worth mentioning that Griffiths has a bit of a lull afterwards so it could go either way.

I'm very much not trying to run JC into the ground - he's a good player but, while he's only 19, he has a lot of experience and he's playing in a good team against poor quality opposition generally. I don't feel it's unreasonable - especially as 19 isn't a kid anymore (look at Dele Alli for Spurs) - to say I'd hope he would have scored more at this level.

SeanWilson
10-05-2016, 08:01 AM

:agree: joke.

SeanWilson
10-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Griffiths at 19 scored 17 in 26 in the league (old division 1) compared to Cummings 18 in 33 so broadly comparable.
Probably worth also noting he had only 21 previous senior appearances at that time compared to Cummings who had 49 prior to this season.
I guess it's also worth mentioning that Griffiths has a bit of a lull afterwards so it could go either way.

I'm very much not trying to run JC into the ground - he's a good player but, while he's only 19, he has a lot of experience and he's playing in a good team against poor quality opposition generally. I don't feel it's unreasonable - especially as 19 isn't a kid anymore (look at Dele Alli for Spurs) - to say I'd hope he would have scored more at this level.

he's 20

SJM
10-05-2016, 08:02 AM

Cool, thanks for that 👍

It's maybe worth remembering though that he has come back from a serious injury. He's looked very tired towards the end of both seasons playing as a pro. He's scored vital goals at vital times for us too and that's the mark of a good player.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 08:05 AM

Yep right into it every time. Lets see how we go and then these things will sort themselves out at the end of the season.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 08:06 AM

Absolutely spot on.

Hermit Crab
10-05-2016, 08:33 AM
A million pound for Cummings haha. No chance. His all round play is pretty dire. He is a poacher who scores goals. He would need to improve a lot.

Correct, people are now beginning to see this on a weekly basis.

Paloschi
10-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Really don't understand the criticism of Cummings. He scores goals and is a constant danger to the opposition. He misses a few chances but there are very few strikers, certainly in Scotland that don't miss chances now and again. For his age he is an accomplished goal scoring centre forward.

His link up play is also not as bad as made out. He's no Ronaldo or Suarez but he's no Collins or Vine either.

For me he offers much more than Stokes and I'd have Cummings as one of the first names on my team sheet. Shouldn't be debatable when you look at his scoring record. He is young and will only get better too.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Really don't understand the criticism of Cummings. He scores goals and is a constant danger to the opposition. He misses a few chances but there are very few strikers, certainly in Scotland that don't miss chances now and again. For his age he is an accomplished goal scoring centre forward.

His link up play is also not as bad as made out. He's no Ronaldo or Suarez but he's no Collins or Vine either.

For me he offers much more than Stokes and I'd have Cummings as one of the first names on my team sheet. Shouldn't be debatable when you look at his scoring record. He is young and will only get better too.

I never get this 'will only get better' assumption. Football is littered with promising young players who dont improve (for any number of reasons). He could get better, and i would say his all round play has improved. But he could be an eejit who thibks he is much better than he is and not improve.

Who would have thought both riordan and oconnwr would both be out of football by age 30? And both were considerably better than jc.

SJM
10-05-2016, 08:48 AM
I never get this 'will only get better' assumption. Football is littered with promising young players who dont improve (for any number of reasons). He could get better, and i would say his all round play has improved. But he could be an eejit who thibks he is much better than he is and not improve.

Who would have thought both riordan and oconnwr would both be out of football by age 30? And both were considerably better than jc.

He's progressively gotten better the past two years as he learns the game, why would that suddenly stop?

Paloschi
10-05-2016, 08:50 AM

I get your point but what I mean is that he will get better with Hibs in the short term. He is still very young and his intelligence, movement and link up will play will mature as he matures. Like how much Griffiths improved from his first season with us.

J-C
10-05-2016, 08:57 AM

I get your point but what I mean is that he will get better with Hibs in the short term. He is still very young and his intelligence, movement and link up will play will mature as he matures. Like how much Griffiths improved from his first season with us.

He has improved but is nowhere near the finished article, he could do with another season at Hibs to do more learning but I think the promise of big bucks and English Championship might be too much to knock back. Just look at players like Goodwillie, Allan, Fyvie etc, off down south too quick and back with their tails between their legs after a season or two being loaned out left right and centre.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 08:58 AM
He's progressively gotten better the past two years as he learns the game, why would that suddenly stop?

Injury, attitude, reaching the top of his natural ability, him losing hunger, thinking hes better than he is.

Riordan stopped progressing, and he had infinitely more talent than cummings.

Im not saying it will happen, but it could.

The key point here is rhat if he wants to stay here, hibs will be happy to keep him. If he leaves, it will be because he wants to. Not because some fans on a messageboard dont rate him that highly.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 09:12 AM
He has improved but is nowhere near the finished article, he could do with another season at Hibs to do more learning but I think the promise of big bucks and English Championship might be too much to knock back. Just look at players like Goodwillie, Allan, Fyvie etc, off down south too quick and back with their tails between their legs after a season or two being loaned out left right and centre.

But I bet their bank balance was infinitely healthier. Sometimes it works down south sometimes it doesnt however Jason to me is worth his weight in gold and pretty much always scores in our bigger games. Love the cockiness which so many kids seem to lack and think it is his best attribute. Dont get the OTT criticism of him at times as still very young but learning all the time. Some fans need to chill out at times with him and give him a break.

flash
10-05-2016, 09:16 AM
On the eve of possibly the biggest 2 weeks in the club's history we have people queuing up to have a pop at our best young striker.
What's the point in even bothering?

Andy74
10-05-2016, 09:19 AM
True, but thats been due to injuries.

1m plus add-ons is a good deal.

Will be fascinated to see how he does in england.
Farid's injuries at previous clubs is one of the read he was available for free though!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Farid's injuries at previous clubs is one of the read he was available for free though!

Yeah, fair point.

Ironically so was cummings!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 09:56 AM
On the eve of possibly the biggest 2 weeks in the club's history we have people queuing up to have a pop at our best young striker.
What's the point in even bothering?

Sorry, close the message board, nobody is allowed to comment.

flash
10-05-2016, 09:59 AM

Do you not see my point though?

pacoluna
10-05-2016, 10:12 AM

Hibs Net

DOESN'T HAVE ANY IMPACT ON PLAYERS PERFORMANCES

WHO CARES WHAT YAMS THINK OF ANY OF OUR THREADS

I'ts a board full of of different opinions and different topics some positive some slightly negative - if you dont like the thread don't post on it.

I am sure the admins would delete it if it was a cause for concern.

PS - JC if he knuckles down will be one of the best strikers we have produced and will no doubt attract attention from down south.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 10:12 AM

I agree these games are huge, but i dont agree anything written here will have any impact whatsoever.

Plus, the show goes on after these ties regardless, and selling our top scorer is a big issue worthy of discussion.

Brightside
10-05-2016, 10:14 AM

I just never understand fans constantly slagging off their own players. Especially ones that have banged in 20 goals for us.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Hibs Net

I'ts a board full of of different opinions and different topics some positive some slightly negative - if you dont like the thread don't post on it.

PS - JC if he knuckles down will be one of the best strikers we have produced and will no doubt attract attention from down south.

I think it does affect the attitude of some fans at games who may be more willing to criticise at games if a player is being criticised on here.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 10:19 AM
I just never understand fans constantly slagging off their own players. Especially ones that have banged in 20 goals for us.

Agree totally fair enough make constructive comments about his technique or things he can improve fair enough but for some to constantly have a pop over and over again really dont see the point.

lapsedhibee
10-05-2016, 10:19 AM
i dont agree anything written here will have any impact whatsoever.

Negative atmosphere on fan forums -> negative atmosphere at games -> booing players -> bad individual performances.
Positive atmosphere on fan forums -> positive atmosphere at games -> cheering players -> better individual performances.

Not that far fetched Shirley? :dunno:

flash
10-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Hibs Net

Well seeing as you ask what do you think of our threads?

pacoluna
10-05-2016, 10:23 AM
I think it does affect the attitude of some fans at games who may be more willing to criticise at games if a player is being criticised on here.

then they are muppets :greengrin - out of interest how many are on Hibs net? wonder what percentage of fans who attend games are actually on this.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 10:24 AM
then they are muppets :greengrin - out of interest how many are on Hibs net? wonder what percentage of fans who attend games are actually on this.

Probably a fair amount of the hard core fans will be on this or other similar sites.

flash
Players read this forum too. Don't imagine it never has an influence in the dressing room.

JimBHibees
Negative atmosphere on fan forums -> negative atmosphere at games -> booing players -> bad individual performances.
Positive atmosphere on fan forums -> positive atmosphere at games -> cheering players -> better individual performances.

I agree think there is a correlation between the two.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 10:27 AM

I dont really do it at games, but here i think its fine.
I dont like jc, i havent taken to him at all and i think his attitude is terrible. I may be right or wrong? But its his job to change my view, not the other way around.He gets my goat more than most players, its difficult to explain.

SlickShoes
10-05-2016, 10:28 AM

There is no more booing of players now than there was pre internet forums. There always has and always will be folk who boo at games and shout ridiculous stuff, just as there will always be folk posting here who do the same. The difference in the past was you never heard about it because there was no medium for folk to broadcast and archive their opinions.

SJM
10-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Players read this forum too. Don't imagine it never has an influence in the dressing room.

In that case at least big Oxley will be able to determine by reading on here who is sending him the love letters. :greengrin

Brightside
10-05-2016, 10:30 AM
I dont like jc, i havent taken to him at all and i think his attitude is terrible. I may be right or wrong? But its his job to change my view, not the other way around.He gets my goat more than most players, its difficult to explain.

Its not - its his job to score goals for Hibs. IF he had scored say 8 or 9 like the majority of strikers in scotland i would get the negativity.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy

Its quite far fetched. Hibs fans moan like all fans moan.

Stupid, self indulgent, self aggrandising penalty misses is semi finals - anger of fans - negative posts on messageboard.

It works both ways

pacoluna
Probably a fair amount of the hard core fans will be on this or other similar sites.
I fail to see any correlation between crowds at games and thread debates on this.

scoopyboy
10-05-2016, 10:31 AM

If certain players were to read this forum they would have cut their wrists a long time ago :greengrin

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 10:32 AM

Well if they cant handle what might be written, they shouldnt.

Brightside
10-05-2016, 10:33 AM

Stupid, self indulgent, self aggrandising penalty misses is semi finals - anger of fans - negative posts on messageboard.

It works both ways

Hibs fans moan more than most.

hibs69
10-05-2016, 10:35 AM

Must admit, I don't like JC either. If only he hadn't scored those 20 goals, I'd have saved some dough....... Play offs, cup games? FFS, Jason!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Its not - its his job to score goals for Hibs. IF he had scored say 8 or 9 like the majority of strikers in scotland i would get the negativity.

Thats a bit simplistic. Its his job to contribute to a successful hibs team. Scoring goals is a big partbof that but not the only part.

Genuine question - do you think other top scorers bin this league - waghorn, Baird think it is enough to just score goals as a modern day striker?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 10:37 AM

Probably true, and i genuinely do try and encourage when at the games - i do agree a negative atmosphere at games is a bad thing

Craig_HFC
10-05-2016, 10:38 AM

See I don't think this is true, it seems to be one of these 'facts' that just seem to be accepted now.

Some Hibs supporters might think we moan more than most but then what experience do they have of sitting in among other teams' fans to compare us to?

I just think it's completely unfounded and impossible to prove/disprove unless you've been to a number of other teams games and sat among their support during the good & bad games they've had to get a fair comparison.

I fully understand that, in the grand scheme of things, this doesn't really matter but it annoys me.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Must admit, I don't like JC either. If only he hadn't scored those 20 goals, I'd have saved some dough....... Play offs, cup games? FFS, Jason!

What do most hibs fans think of joe harper?

hibs69
10-05-2016, 10:39 AM
It's the Jason Cummings thread, mate.

CallumLaidlaw
10-05-2016, 10:40 AM

Jordan Rhodes springs to mind and he's been transferred for a fortune in his last 2 moves.

flash
10-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Well if they cant handle what might be written, they shouldnt.
Oh well.

CallumLaidlaw
10-05-2016, 10:50 AM

I'm not sure we do. We live in our little Hibee bubble and know that there are sections of our support that like a good moan, but then I've sat amongst Everton fans at Goodison and I'd say they are worse than Hibs fans at the match. Hearts are 3rd but a large section wants their manager out.

pacoluna
10-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Well seeing as you ask what do you think of our threads?

Posters similar to myself who happen to go to most games if not all - have learned to ignore comments like that as it starves the troll :wink:

10-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Jason would be better signing another deal with us.

I think so to. He's a good goal scorer but he still has a lot to develop and learn. He's only 20 years old so I reckon it would be more benefitial to him to stay a season or two longer at hibs, develop his game then take a bigger move. We've seen before young players who start thinking their better than what they are (Jason can be guilty of this) and go rushing off as soon as a bigger club shows interest and end up damaging their careers.

I fear sometimes this interest from other clubs goes to Jasons head. Important he keeps his feet on the ground.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 11:03 AM

It works both ways

Jeezo absolute tosh. He missed a pen so what.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Jeezo absolute tosh. He missed a pen so what.

So what? Really? We were left two (maybe three) great one on one saves from losing. Thats what. And had to play an extra 30 mins, and endure the lottery of penalty shoot out.

He didnt do his job very well of 'just scoring goals' that day did he?

SJM
10-05-2016, 11:14 AM
So what? Really? We were left two (maybe three) great one on one saves from losing. Thats what. And had to play an extra 30 mins, and endure the lottery of penalty shoot out.

We won. Build a bridge. He done his job with the winning penalty.

He's not technically as good as stokes but he's done great for us.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 11:15 AM

Yeah he missed a pen so what I am sure it wasnt deliberate. Stupid, self indulgent, self aggrandising' nonsense..

since90plustwo
10-05-2016, 11:16 AM

I would 100% agree with this. I go down to Anfield regularly and very rarely see the fans getting on players backs for trying new things etc or making a mistake. If another team score the fans cheer the team on rather than have a go at them.

SeanWilson
10-05-2016, 11:18 AM
I would 100% agree with this. I go down to Anfield regularly and very rarely see the fans getting on players backs for trying new things etc or making a mistake. If another team score the fans cheer the team on rather than have a go at them.

maybe not the abuse or negativity, however its had its fair share of eerie silence's (not many in the last 6 months or so mind you)

PercyHibs
10-05-2016, 11:21 AM

There's absolutely no chance he offers more than stokes!!! Stokes was running passed him to close down players, was on the ball loads and created chances for himself. Cummings is good but he's got a lot to learn.

SJM
10-05-2016, 11:22 AM

Liverpool have had massive success over the years. Over the past ten years it's been more an more failure leading to where we are. If there was any success, even a little there would be a lot less moaning.

flash
10-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Liverpool have had massive success over the years. Over the past ten years it's been more an more failure leading to where we are. If there was any success, even a little there would be a lot less moaning.

Hate to be pedantic but we did win a Cup Final 5-1 in that period.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Yeah he missed a pen so what I am sure it wasnt deliberate. Stupid, self indulgent, self aggrandising' nonsense..

We can agree to disagree. I just found it funny he chose a match with such large natiobal exposure to try a high risk skill he never tried before and wasnt good enough to execute - to the detriment of the team, i might add.

HappyHanlon
10-05-2016, 11:32 AM
I like Jase. He's still a raw talent.

Next season I'd like to see him get a mentor (similar to Brewster aiding GOC's development) to bring him on further. He seemed to be blazing when he was working beside Deek!

easty
10-05-2016, 11:33 AM
We can agree to disagree. I just found it funny he chose a match with such large natiobal exposure to try a high risk skill he never tried before and wasnt good enough to execute - to the detriment of the team, i might add.

All of that is just rubbish.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2016, 11:39 AM
All of that is just rubbish.

Well after that compelling argument, im gonna call it a day.
Hopefully cummings scores a hat-trick tonight and shuts me right-up!

SJM
10-05-2016, 11:40 AM
Hate to be pedantic but we did win a Cup Final 5-1 in that period.

I know, you know what I mean though.

flash
10-05-2016, 11:42 AM
I know, you know what I mean though.

To be fair that final was the start of the downhill slide.

SJM
10-05-2016, 11:46 AM
To be fair that final was the start of the downhill slide.

Yeah, when it was looking oh so different at the time. Semi Final was an indication of things to come. We still have that final which was a special day. :aok: