PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's ref?

SJM
09-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Has this been announced yet? Could be vital we get a hop one against Houstons hatchet men.

09-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Has this been announced yet? Could be vital we get a hop one against Houstons hatchet men.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPFL/45.%20SPFL%20Play%20Off%20Appointments%20Tuesday%2 010th%20-%20Thursday%2012th%20May%202016.pdf

Alan Muir

SeanWilson
09-05-2016, 01:51 PM

Not sure there is such a thing in Scottish football (assuming you mean good lol)... The officials for the Raith game were amongst the worst i have seen in recent times! A few farsical decisions over the two legs.

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2016, 01:52 PM

Ref Alan Muir
Linesman Alan Mulvanny
Linesman Stephen Mitchell
4th official Nick Walsh

Edit: Muir refereed our 1-0 win at Falkirk

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2016, 01:53 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPFL/45.%20SPFL%20Play%20Off%20Appointments%20Tuesday%2 010th%20-%20Thursday%2012th%20May%202016.pdf

Alan Muir

Expect Houston to put pressure on him in the papers tomorrow. He's the ref that gave us the penalty in the 1-0 win back in October.

SeanWilson
09-05-2016, 01:53 PM

Alan Muir

A ref thats been involved in controversy in big games and been demoted.... great!

SJM
09-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Not sure there is such a thing in Scottish football (assuming you mean good lol)... The officials for the Raith game were amongst the worst i have seen in recent times! A few farsical decisions over the two legs.

True. Saturday was particularly bad.

Thanks for the info chaps. 👍

Deansy
09-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Wonder when the GFA will play their ace-card and appoint Craig Thomson in one of our remaining games ??

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2016, 01:56 PM
A ref thats been involved in controversy in big games and been demoted.... great!

Theres not much between the refs in this country. Collum is apparently the best ref in the country and is going to the Euros yet has been demoted this season for mistakes made.

Ryan91
09-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Wonder when the GFA will play their ace-card and appoint Craig Thomson in one of our remaining games ??

Since 'that' game, Thomson has actually been a decent ref with us, and that includes at least one Derby

SJM
09-05-2016, 01:58 PM

The Scottish cup final no doubt.

SJM
09-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Since 'that' game, Thomson has actually been a decent ref with us, and that includes at least one Derby

He's still a corrupt prick.

JimBHibees
09-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Theres not much between the refs in this country. Collum is apparently the best ref in the country and is going to the Euros yet has been demoted this season for mistakes made.

Honestly think Muir is atrocious, was hoping for Bobby Madden as he refs like he at least understands the game however he has been given the Stranraer Ayr game.

SeanWilson
09-05-2016, 02:07 PM
He's still a corrupt prick.

and apparently a st mirren fan... which makes him a shooo-in for the cup final with the billy boy allegiance.

Waxy
09-05-2016, 02:07 PM
How do they pick refs? Who picks them? They just stick them all in a big bowl and claw one out? Turn yer backs i'll dae numbers?

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2016, 02:09 PM
and apparently a st mirren fan... which makes him a shooo-in for the cup final with the billy boy allegiance.

I'm sure I read that UEFA like their selected refs for the Euros to get the big events in their home country leading up to the competition, so I expect it to be Collum based on that.

SeanWilson
09-05-2016, 02:10 PM
I'm sure I read that UEFA like their selected refs for the Euros to get the big events in their home country leading up to the competition, so I expect it to be Collum based on that.

Oh right, hopefully, probably best of a bad bunch mind you...

pacoluna
09-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Couldn't care less about the ref.. the quality is pretty sub-standard in scotland so not expecting much. Just get the job done against falkirk and the ref will be irrelevant.

JimBHibees
09-05-2016, 02:21 PM

and he didnt ref a semi final

SeanWilson
09-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Couldn't care less about the ref.. the quality is pretty sub-standard in scotland so not expecting much. Just get the job done against falkirk and the ref will be irrelevant.

As much as u don't like to make excuses..... That ref and linesman had a huge impact in the two legs against Raith. Luckily the decisions didn't count against us in the end. Knowing hibs luck, I wouldn't like to ride it!

SJM
09-05-2016, 02:24 PM

Shudder the thought of Miller going down and him sending Mcgregor off or something.

pacoluna
09-05-2016, 02:31 PM
As much as u don't like to make excuses..... That ref and linesman had a huge impact in the two legs against Raith. Luckily the decisions didn't count against us in the end. Knowing hibs luck, I wouldn't like to ride it!

Mentioned it in another thread, Iv seen a lot worse at ER than the ref on Sat. The only ref that sends shivers down to my spine is CT because he come across as an obnoxious/Arogant t*at when dealing with players, Other than him I don't care who we get.

Geo_1875
09-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Mentioned it in another thread, Iv seen a lot worse at ER than the ref on Sat. The only ref that sends shivers down to my spine is CT because he come across as an obnoxious/Arogant t*at when dealing with players, Other than him I don't care who we get.

It's bad when all refs are so poor that it doesn't matter who we get. As you say, Thomson is an exception. He's turned screwing Hibs into an art form.

KWJ
09-05-2016, 02:54 PM
The ref in the recent Falkirk 2-2 game was the worst we've had this season from the games I've watched.

brog
09-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Honestly think Muir is atrocious, was hoping for Bobby Madden as he refs like he at least understands the game however he has been given the Stranraer Ayr game.

I agree 100% In a land of bad refs Muir's incompetence still shines through. He really has no idea what he's doing & unfortunately also gives that impression. I think he was ref in Dunfy/Ross C cup tie this season when he ignored Dunfy player being taken out ( he was 3 yards away ) in build up to Ross C goal. A clown, just hope he's our clown tomorrow.

JimBHibees
09-05-2016, 02:59 PM
I agree 100% In a land of bad refs Muir's incompetence still shines through. He really has no idea what he's doing & unfortunately also gives that impression. I think he was ref in Dunfy/Ross C cup tie this season when he ignored Dunfy player being taken out ( he was 3 yards away ) in build up to Ross C goal. A clown, just hope he's our clown tomorrow.

Was also the guy on the goal line in the Celtic ICT game at Hampden who missed the hand ball. Yikes.

snooky
09-05-2016, 03:48 PM

Of course he has - job done, at least for the time being. Everybody's watching him now.
Wait until our next big game down the line with him involved - same old guaranteed.

09-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Expect Houston to put pressure on him in the papers tomorrow. He's the ref that gave us the penalty in the 1-0 win back in October.

Houstons never shut up about that. Just about every time we've played them since, that fat hearts ****ers come out bleeting about it in the papers.

wookie70
09-05-2016, 04:44 PM
It was a penalty before the penalty was given and there was the McGinn non penalty that was a blatant as they come. Falkirk have lived a charmed life with referees against us imo

Paisley Hibby
09-05-2016, 04:47 PM
The ref in the recent Falkirk 2-2 game was the worst we've had this season from the games I've watched.

This :agree:

banarc7062
09-05-2016, 04:55 PM

Saving him for the Final

banarc7062
09-05-2016, 04:56 PM
How do they pick refs? Who picks them? They just stick them all in a big bowl and claw one out? Turn yer backs i'll dae numbers?

All worked on a list supplied from Ibrox.

HibsNutter
09-05-2016, 04:58 PM
We'd probably benefit from having Craig Thomson in charge of our big games, he's under so much pressure not to give incorrect calls against us and will probably give us the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

brog
10-05-2016, 10:28 PM

Sorry to say I was 100% correct in my assessment of this clown & unfortunately Falkirk were the beneficiaries of his incompetence. If I can sit in London & mostly do my Scottish footy watching by TV, & I know this guy's hopeless, then what are the people running the SPFL doing? Ref's can ruin a team's season, cause players & managers to lose their jobs, yet are never held to account. Shameful!

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Sorry to say I was 100% correct in my assessment of this clown & unfortunately Falkirk were the beneficiaries of his incompetence. If I can sit in London & mostly do my Scottish footy watching by TV, & I know this guy's hopeless, then what are the people running the SPFL doing? Ref's can ruin a team's season, cause players & managers to lose their jobs, yet are never held to account. Shameful!

Agree totally quite simply a cheat.