PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors Evening Cancelled

DaveF
09-05-2016, 12:02 PM
For anyone who was going.

From Brett at the club:

Good afternoon,

Following consultation with the football department, the decision has been taken to postpone this Thursday’s Player Sponsorship Event.

This Thursday’s date was initially selected in anticipation of Friday’s match being on Saturday and now understandably the focus from the players’ point of view is the on the match itself against Falkirk. The training and recovery programme which has been put in place for this week has meant that we need to reschedule the event. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this may cause and hope that you understand the club’s position.

We will be in touch shortly as soon as a new date was been arranged and thanks in advance for your patience and support during this hectic run of games.

Humo, happyhibbie, Suzy - Let me know if you get this message please?

Kojock
09-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Sensible decision IMO.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Sensible decision.

Probably a pain for those who have made plans but absolutely makes sense from a footballing point of view.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Sensible decision.

Probably a pain for those who have made plans but absolutely makes sense from a footballing point of view.

Yup, football comes 1st

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2016, 01:00 PM
I had been thinking about this just yesterday actually, that we'd have this the night before a big game. The club have probably acted as quickly as they could on this. Would've been daft to cancel it a week or two ago, only for us not to get past Raith.

Humo
09-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Makes sense. Any idea when the new date is?

Geo_1875
09-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Makes sense. Any idea when the new date is?

No date given yet. If we get past Falkirk it won't be before the final game of the season. Could be interesting getting players to turn up if they've got holidays booked or been told they can leave.

JimBHibees
09-05-2016, 02:57 PM
I had been thinking about this just yesterday actually, that we'd have this the night before a big game. The club have probably acted as quickly as they could on this. Would've been daft to cancel it a week or two ago, only for us not to get past Raith.

Yep you could be sure that the press would have picked up on it if we had about 'Arrogant Hibs think they are already through'.

MSK
09-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Cheers Dave 👍

FranckSuzy
09-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Cheers Dave. Please ignore the PM - I was working so have just seen this :greengrin