PDA

View Full Version : what the hell does this mean

hibbypostie
09-05-2016, 11:06 AM
NGNGNGNGNG every time I ask somebody who posts it on here or facebook they don't know so WHY write it?lol

Beefster
09-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Isn't it the Nigerian flag in emoji form? You only see the flag if your browser can deal with emojis presumably.

WhileTheChief..
09-05-2016, 11:16 AM
No idea but another I see often is Ui Ui Ui.

Any ideas as to what it means??

RoxburghHibs
09-05-2016, 11:19 AM
NGNGNGNGNG every time I ask somebody who posts it on here or facebook they don't know so WHY write it?lol

"No good"

RoxburghHibs
09-05-2016, 11:20 AM
No idea but another I see often is Ui Ui Ui.

Any ideas as to what it means??

UI - this could be user interface but not 100%

lapsedhibee
09-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Isn't it the Nigerian flag in emoji form? You only see the flag if your browser can deal with emojis presumably.

Technically you're absolutely correct, it is that. But when I see it I like to think it's the sound of Tomatoheid Houston ****ting a hedgehog.

The Green Goblin
09-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Guessing....but i think its meant to be laughter. In Brazil, on social media or in emails, they would indicate laughter with: rsrsrsrs

nonshinyfinish
09-05-2016, 06:30 PM

Yep. The emoji flags use an "alphabet" of 26 regional indicator symbols (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_Indicator_Symbol) to avoid having to create a new Unicode code point for every single flag (the symbols look like the letters A to Z but are technically different characters, and when combined in a recognised country code they can be interpreted by a browser as the flag of that country). But as you say, if the browser doesn't support it then it just prints the two characters.

:nerd:

Jonnyboy
09-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Technically you're absolutely correct, it is that. But when I see it I like to think it's the sound of Tomatoheid Houston ****ting a hedgehog.

:greengrin