PDA

View Full Version : If the worst happens...

ekhibee
09-05-2016, 10:54 AM
And Falkirk get promoted, will that mean they have to build a 4th stand? Wonder how much that would cost, considering Houston's bleating about budgets, etc. Obviously I hope this doesn't happen.

macca70
09-05-2016, 10:58 AM
And Falkirk get promoted, will that mean they have to build a 4th stand? Wonder how much that would cost, considering Houston's bleating about budgets, etc. Obviously I hope this doesn't happen.

Did they not change that rule about minimum capacity? I think they did.

Changed from 10k min to 6k.

Since90+2
09-05-2016, 10:59 AM
I dont think minimum capacity requirements are still used for entry to the top league.

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2016, 10:59 AM
i've always thought clubs had to have a 10k seater stadium, i thought falkirk couldn't build a 4th stand due to being in the blast zone for grangemouth(or sommit like that)

Ryan91
09-05-2016, 11:03 AM
i've always thought clubs had to have a 10k seater stadium, i thought falkirk couldn't build a 4th stand due to being in the blast zone for grangemouth(or sommit like that)

Correct on the blast zone statement but false on the 10k statement, I believe that they changed that to 6k when Caley got promoted and after they had to groundshare with Aberdeen before they built additional stands

JC94
09-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Seating requirements were scrapped when the SPFL began and previously the requirement was minimum 5000 seats so they wouldve met it anyway without building new stand

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Correct on the blast zone statement but false on the 10k statement, I believe that they changed that to 6k when Caley got promoted and after they had to groundshare with Aberdeen before they built additional stands

ta, forgot about caley

scoopyboy
09-05-2016, 11:07 AM
ta, forgot about caley

Ross County as well.

Diclonius
09-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Falkirk are already going to build a fourth stand as part of a community development in the adjacent field. The stadium's going to look very good when it's completed.

Boyle89
09-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Did Falkirk not get shafted by this rule ages ago? Was it not Aberdeen or Motherwell finished bottom but Falkirk didn't have a big enough stadium so nobody changed leagues?

Wilson
09-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Did Falkirk not get shafted by this rule ages ago? Was it not Aberdeen or Motherwell finished bottom but Falkirk didn't have a big enough stadium so nobody changed leagues?

Aberdeen. Travesty of a decision. The rule has, rightly, been relaxed since.

NYHibby
09-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Falkirk are already going to build a fourth stand as part of a community development in the adjacent field. The stadium's going to look very good when it's completed.

Is it going to be a two sided stand which serves the adjacent field as well? I used to drive past a stadium like that where the stand serves a natural grass pitch on one side and a separate artificial one on the other. I'm not sure if the Falkirk area has a need for a very small stadium though.

Diclonius
09-05-2016, 11:40 AM
Is it going to be a two sided stand which serves the adjacent field as well? I used to drive past a stadium like that where the stand serves a natural grass pitch on one side and a separate artificial one on the other. I'm not sure if the Falkirk area has a need for a very small stadium though.

No - the field isn't on the side of that stand.

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/business/development-plan-offers-bright-future-for-falkirk-gateway-1-4082203

SJM
09-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Think it's 6,000 that is the rule now. They got shafted a couple of times.

Scorrie
09-05-2016, 11:59 AM
ta, forgot about caley

I think that Caley only have three stands as well. Last time I drove over the Kessock Bridge anyway it was like that

LaMotta
09-05-2016, 12:04 PM

Falkirk stadium is horrendous, the stands are too far away from each other and those massive gaps in the corner contribute to its distinct lack of soul.

An extra stand and it will still be a poor ground!

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Two & three sided grounds drive me mental ...... it looks so small time and does nothing for the image of Scottish football.

An empty stand might not look good, but at least it says 'maybe one day' ..... as opposed to 'never gonna' happen'

Sergey
09-05-2016, 12:28 PM

East Stirling are also going to build a new stadium (multi-purpose) just across the road from the Falkirk Stadium on the site that used to be the BP Club (near Inshyra Hotel).

That was the plan.

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2016, 12:30 PM

I had a look earlier and there is nothing in the Falkirk Council Planning Portal for the 4th stand at the stadium other than the wee temporary things they used to have.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2016, 12:56 PM
I had a look earlier and there is nothing in the Falkirk Council Planning Portal for the 4th stand at the stadium other than the wee temporary things they used to have.

There's a big thread on it, on the Falkirk Fans forum

DH1875
09-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Think their stadium is bigger than most of us think. Is it not about a 9.5k capacity?

Smartie
09-05-2016, 01:30 PM
What are the regulations on all-seater stadia in the top league these days?

Are Ross County and ICT's grounds both all-seater?

Would Falkirk not be as well putting up some sort of simple terrace on that side since standing seems to be ok again?

Hibernia&Alba
09-05-2016, 05:51 PM

Hamilton only have two stands and a temporary stand.

ManBearPig
09-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Partick only has three stands too

Itsnoteasy
09-05-2016, 07:08 PM
East Stirling are also going to build a new stadium (multi-purpose) just across the road from the Falkirk Stadium on the site that used to be the BP Club (near Inshyra Hotel).

That was the plan.

Unless the get beat by Edinburgh City

stantonsboots
09-05-2016, 07:12 PM
And Falkirk get promoted, will that mean they have to build a 4th stand? Wonder how much that would cost, considering Houston's bleating about budgets, etc. Obviously I hope this doesn't happen.Hamilton only have 2 and a gazebo

jgl07
09-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Aberdeen. Travesty of a decision. The rule has, rightly, been relaxed since.
It was not just to do with capacity. It was the state of Brockville.

There was a main stand with seats and concrete terraces for the other three sides. Every time I went more of the terraces were taped off as unsafe. It was a disgrace.

Falkirk were warned for some five or six years what the rules were.

In any event Falkirk finished third in the season in question (1999-2000) behind St Mirren and Dunfermline. St Mirren were to be automatically promoted with Dunfermline, Falkirk and Aberdeen playing off to determine which two of them would go into the expanded SPL.

Because Brockville was not up to standard, the playoff was cancelled and Dunfermline went up and Aberdeen stayed up despite finishing bottom.

Falkirk should have been relegated to the third tier in 2001-2 but second placed Airdrie were liquidated.

Falkirk have been in the SPL with their current stadium between 2005 and 2010.