PDA

View Full Version : Home first leg

Ozyhibby
09-05-2016, 07:59 AM
I think that being at home for the first leg might actually help us. Our crowd are understandably a nervous bunch after what's happened over last few years and this results in us going very quiet towards the end of tight matches and clearly affects the players. As we are essentially only hosting the first half of the game, this won't be the case as much so hopefully we can keep pushing the team till the last minute and get the goals we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean1875
09-05-2016, 08:36 AM
agreed. if we can leave ER on Tuesday night with potentially a 2/3-0 advantage it would be enormous and put us firmly on the front foot, Falkirk are a negative football side naturally so for them to come out at home and have to break from their normal ***** tactics and chase goals would leave them vulnerable, definitely ours for the taking.. Tuesday is massive!

mim
09-05-2016, 08:50 AM
agreed. if we can leave ER on Tuesday night with potentially a 2/3-0 advantage it would be enormous and put us firmly on the front foot, Falkirk are a negative football side naturally so for them to come out at home and have to break from their normal ***** tactics and chase goals would leave them vulnerable, definitely ours for the taking.. Tuesday is massive!

A draw is all we need at ER.
We'll beat this mob at Falkirk with 1800 diehards screaming us on. :flag:

DH1875
09-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Agree :agree:

macca70
09-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Agree, but it's also good to be at home for the 2nd leg knowing exactly what is required eg the Raith play off.

1st leg will be tight, always easier to open up and have a go, if you need to when at home rather than away.

ballengeich
09-05-2016, 10:40 AM
I don't think it'll make much difference. Three of the four games with them have been draws and I don't expect there to be much between the teams in either game. A two goal lead would be great to take to the second leg, but I'd be optimistic if we finish one up tomorrow.

Big L
09-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Doesn't matter, we will attack home and away when we can, that's the DNA of the team!

Billy Whizz
09-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Happy to be at home tomorrow, take a small lead to Falkirk, but would love a 2 goal lead.
Be interested to how Falkirk would try and turn this around, here's hoping to have our noses on from at 9.40pm tomorrow

SJM
09-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Win tomorrow, no stupid mistakes and park he bus hitting on the brake in Grangemouth.

SeanWilson
09-05-2016, 02:13 PM
I've never once seen this team set up to draw. We'll go at them in both games i'd think.

scoopyboy
09-05-2016, 02:17 PM
I've never once seen this team set up to draw. We'll go at them in both games i'd think.

I think we were set up to get a draw at Raith last week.

Hanlon, Fontaine and McGregor at the back with Fyvie and Bartley in midfield.

Other than that I would agree with you however.

SeanWilson
09-05-2016, 02:19 PM

I thought we were all out attack first half, just nothing coming off for us. The 3 at the back can be used in a positive fashion as well as negative. But yeah, Bartley and Fyvie in the same team was probably more defensive than anything else :aok:

SJM
09-05-2016, 02:20 PM

Agree too.

Smartie
09-05-2016, 02:20 PM
I think that being at home for the first leg might actually help us. Our crowd are understandably a nervous bunch after what's happened over last few years and this results in us going very quiet towards the end of tight matches and clearly affects the players. As we are essentially only hosting the first half of the game, this won't be the case as much so hopefully we can keep pushing the team till the last minute and get the goals we need.

Agree 100%.

Our home form is good and I'd like to see us approach this game the right way, take the game to Falkirk and give ourselves a commanding lead.

We need to approach it the way we've approached our last 3 games though, i.e. we have to outscore the opponents by at least 2 and play with the right level of urgency and intensity throughout.

Our away form has been appalling for months although it might suit us to be able to sit in at Falkirk and pick them off on the break.

I don't fancy having to go to Falkirk and win, we don't want their fans to be going into the second leg with optimism.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-05-2016, 02:26 PM
what state is the pitch at falkirk at the mo?

mountain range like raith?

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2016, 02:27 PM

Artificial 4G

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Artificial

so should be a good surface then?

Smartie
09-05-2016, 02:29 PM

Raith's is the worst around (depending on what your opinion of Alloa's is).

Given Raith's recent form and the quality of the pitch at Stark's Park I still reckon that game could be the hardest one we face.

Do Falkirk not have one of these half-real, half-synthetic pitches?

It's only ever looked immaculate to me when I've been there.

Falkirk Bairn
09-05-2016, 02:29 PM

Always!

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2016, 02:31 PM

Info here

http://www.greenfields.eu/sports-news/falkirk-fc-installs-technology-artificial-pitch/

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2016, 02:33 PM
I'd like to see us set up similar to Saturday in the first leg. Flat 4-4-2 with Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn and Henderson in midfield. Hopefully get a goal or 2 lead and then maybe utilise Bartley to sit in front of the defence in the return leg, and maybe start Boyle too.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Info here

http://www.greenfields.eu/sports-news/falkirk-fc-installs-technology-artificial-pitch/

do those pitches not cause alot of injuries??

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Info here

You HAVE to laugh at the Alloa chairmans comments about their surface! He's clearly easily pleased! :confused:

Mike Mulraney, Chairman at Alloa Athletic FC commented on the stadium developments: “Having put our faith in GreenFields and Allsports nine years ago when we laid our existing pitch, we have been so pleased by the advanced sports surface that we have once again selected the same team to provide our new surface for this coming season. Despite both club and community use our pitch has continued to perform to the very highest FIFA standards, which made this decision very easy for the Club. The 3D woven GreenFields® MX surface stood out as the best on the market and we look forward to another long association with these dedicated companies.”

Ozyhibby
09-05-2016, 02:39 PM
do those pitches not cause alot of injuries??

Don't think Falkirk have had many injuries at all this season?

scoopyboy
09-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Don't think Falkirk have had many injuries at all this season?

Two guys out for the season, Grant and the lad they got back on loan.

Both been out for a while, couldn't argue if they were done on artificial.

JimBHibees
09-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Two guys out for the season, Grant and the lad they got back on loan.

Both been out for a while, couldn't argue if they were done on artificial.

McGrandles the loan guy from Norwich was injured away to Morton. Grant is a miss for them IMO.

oneone73
09-05-2016, 03:01 PM
The pitch did for Squirrel last season.

JimBHibees
09-05-2016, 03:02 PM

Was he not absolutely halfed rather than anything to do with the pitch.

Smartie
09-05-2016, 03:04 PM

Did Jordan Forster not land awkwardly on it, causing one of his injuries as well (maybe even in the same game)?

Dalianwanda
09-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Being at home first certainly worked against Inverness and Hearts :flag: (I know they weren't supposed to be two legged affairs)..

JimBHibees
09-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Did Jordan Forster not land awkwardly on it, causing one of his injuries as well (maybe even in the same game)?

Was the same game, was it a broken hand/wrist?

CallumLaidlaw
09-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Being at home first certainly worked against Inverness and Hearts :flag: (I know they weren't supposed to be two legged affairs)..

We were away first against hearts :wink:

eastcoasthibby
09-05-2016, 06:35 PM
I'd like to see us set up similar to Saturday in the first leg. Flat 4-4-2 with Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn and Henderson in midfield. Hopefully get a goal or 2 lead and then maybe utilise Bartley to sit in front of the defence in the return leg, and maybe start Boyle too.

I am not a lover of Bartley coming on and sitting for me he gets far too deep and a big gap appears in midfield inviting teams forward onto us ...if he sits 10 yards at least in front of centre halves fine ..get his long legs working cos in tight spaces he seems to struggle ...oh and he needs to learn to get up and head a ball ...😊👍

Nicho87
09-05-2016, 06:41 PM
In the past two years weve been involved in the play offs, we have lost being both away to rangers and hamilton first. Dont no about everyone else but im quite happy to be at home first. Get the win hibs.

HIBBYSTU T
09-05-2016, 07:03 PM
In the past two years weve been involved in the play offs, we have lost being both away to rangers and hamilton first. Dont no about everyone else but im quite happy to be at home first. Get the win hibs.
Think you will find we beat Hamilton 0-2 away.

HIBBYSTU T
09-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Think you will find we beat Hamilton 0-2 away.
Sorry misread your post.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Houston talking about playing 2 up front to begin with, let's see if he sticks to this

CockneyRebel
09-05-2016, 07:14 PM

Boyle got his injury from a blocking tackle from (I think) Taiwo.

HibsNutter
09-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Houston talking about playing 2 up front to begin with, let's see if he sticks to this

Miller and that little midget, can't remember his name. Think they always play two up top so would expect so.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Miller and that little midget, can't remember his name. Think they always play two up top so would expect so.

Baird, but only play 2 up front against us, late on in the games

greenlex
09-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Falkirk will play for a draw tomorrow. It's important wet and a lead to Falkirk so they open up a bit.

Hiber-nation
09-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Falkirk will play for a draw tomorrow. It's important wet and a lead to Falkirk so they open up a bit.

Forecast is 11 degrees and sunny :greengrin

O'Rourke3
09-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Miller up front from start. Wonder how many challenges till his first booking?

eastcoasthibby
10-05-2016, 07:41 AM

They will bombard us with high balls from the off looking for that moaning whinging nippy little S&it Baird playing off Millar ...every decision will be complained about Taiwo will get in about our midfielders in whatever way he can very physically ..seeing how the ref deals with things from the off will have a n impact on how the game goes , strong ref needed tonight !!

SJM
10-05-2016, 07:49 AM

We beat hearts at home in the replay.

CallumLaidlaw
10-05-2016, 07:52 AM
They will bombard us with high balls from the off looking for that moaning whinging nippy little S&it Baird playing off Millar ...every decision will be complained about Taiwo will get in about our midfielders in whatever way he can very physically ..seeing how the ref deals with things from the off will have a n impact on how the game goes , strong ref needed tonight !!

Shame its Alan Muir then.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 08:15 AM

Didnt in the last game, will be the same. Baird and then Miller brought on if they want to kick someone in particular.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Shame its Alan Muir then.

Indeed.

JimBHibees
10-05-2016, 08:16 AM

I would guess 6 one less than the last game.

scooby
10-05-2016, 08:28 AM
We need to get at them from the start, get an early goal and build on it. My only concern is that we don't go for the jugular when we're on top, and let them back into the game again.
If we start the way we did against Raith and keep the pressure on we should win comfortably.
We need to crank up the noise tonight!