PDA

View Full Version : is Stubbs Right

Lago
08-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Stubbs being reported as stating his players are not tired, is he right or are there signs that the legs of some are getting a bit heavy?

Ozyhibby
08-05-2016, 03:01 PM
I think they look no more tired than the teams we are playing. It's quality that will get us through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
08-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Thought we looked as bright as we've been in months in the first half, a bit jaded in the second half but to be expected.

Waxy
08-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Stubbs being reported as stating his players are not tired, is he right or are there signs that the legs of some are getting a bit heavy?
Nothing wrong with the players legs.Thats why they train.

Lago
08-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Nothing wrong with the players legs.Thats why they train.
Thats fair enough, however I noticed a few posters mentioning Fyvie, Henderson & McGinn as blowing out there posteriors in some recent games, not all at the same time I hasten to add, but Stubbs making the point today that they are not tired. So nice to know he is right:agree:

hibee_girl
Thought we looked as bright as we've been in months in the first half, a bit jaded in the second half but to be expected.

:agree: I didn't think we looked that tired yesterday

Pete
I think everyone is getting leggy to an extent. It's been known for a determined and positive mindset to cancel out the fatigue and pull players through. We can do it.

Onion
08-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Amazing what a goal can do .

Bostonhibby
08-05-2016, 03:27 PM
**** it, I'm going to start believing the guy, or at least understanding his motives.

J-C
08-05-2016, 03:47 PM
There will be no training in between games, massages and recouperation will be the key.

Mibbes Aye
08-05-2016, 03:48 PM

He couldn't say the opposite, could he?

Imagine being in his shoes and being asked the question - how would you respond?

Golden Bear
08-05-2016, 03:50 PM
He's hardly going to issue a public statement saying that his playing squad are totally knackered just before we play a vital series of fixtures.

Wilson
08-05-2016, 04:08 PM
There will be no training in between games, massages and recouperation will be the key.

I just hope they get a happy ending.

R'Albin
08-05-2016, 04:14 PM

They'll need to he careful around McGregor and his big tackle.

Wilson
08-05-2016, 04:15 PM
He's hardly going to issue a public statement saying that his playing squad are totally knackered just before we play a vital series of fixtures.

Certain players form has dipped and there are bound to be questions about tiredness.

We've played and won games with intensity when chasing goals and second place. We still had enough to see off the division's form team over two legs in the play-offs.

It isn't that the schedule isn't challenging. It is but we are fit and professional - we aren't going to be too tired to see off Falkirk either. So Stubbs is right.

Northernhibee
08-05-2016, 04:16 PM

A drumstick lollipop on the way out? :hyper

Ronniekirk
08-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Cummings was clearly showing signs very early stretching calfs and socks down to ankles and he was spent by time he was subbed
Henderson and Mcginn put so much into a game they will need to be watched and game time limited if we can
Dylan will also need his game time managed so we dont overstretch him to quickly
Think after the two Falkirk games we will have better idea if we get through and then three Massive Games to end the season
We defo don't want extra time in cup final although Logan v their keeper in penalties would be a no brainer ,but It would be which of our players left on pitch were fot enough to take a pen

stantonsboots
08-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Thats fair enough, however I noticed a few posters mentioning Fyvie, Henderson & McGinn as blowing out there posteriors in some recent games, not all at the same time I hasten to add, but Stubbs making the point today that they are not tired. So nice to know he is right:agree:
since I first started going to easter road in 1974 supporters have always said that certain players are blowing out there ass. And that's all season long! so I wouldn't put to much faith in there observations.

hibee1875
08-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Cummings was clearly showing signs very early stretching calfs and socks down to ankles and he was spent by time he was subbed

Cummings wears his socks like that to look cool. No other reason.

hibbydog
I think we are tired and eventually it'll be our undoing.

I know there's an argument to say they're for young laddies and professional sportsmen, but they're up against teams who are equally young and fit, but are well rested.

It's that half yard of pace in the last 10 minutes which could make the difference.

And I think the effect of so many high pressure high intensity games might affect how mentally sharp they are on the ball.

Whatever the outcome of the playoffs: cup final you can bet your ar5e it'll be a small margin here or there that will define the outcome.

Silky

Never seen that one cumming ;)

Winston Ingram
08-05-2016, 04:29 PM
I don't think we're tired. I just think we aren't particularly fit

Waxy
08-05-2016, 04:30 PM
I think we are tired and eventually it'll be our undoing.

I know there's an argument to say they're for young laddies and professional sportsmen, but they're up against teams who are equally young and fit, but are well rested.

It's that half yard of pace in the last 10 minutes which could make the difference.

And I think the effect of so many high pressure high intensity games might affect how mentally sharp they are on the ball.

Whatever the outcome of the playoffs: cup final you can bet your ar5e it'll be a small margin here or there that will define the outcome.

Sake. We're not the only team been playing all season. If we're knackered then Falkirk and Killie are knackered also.

hibee1875
08-05-2016, 04:31 PM

51 games so far and the players aren't fit?? I assume by the standards you set you have 0% body fat?

Thecat23
08-05-2016, 04:31 PM

I think we look fitter than we have in a long time.

matty_f
08-05-2016, 04:34 PM
51 games so far and the players aren't fit?? I assume by the standards you set you have 0% body fat?
:agree:
I think suggesting that the team aren't fit after 51 games, including games against higher opposition and a game that has gone to extra time, is very harsh. Tired, maybe, unfit - absolutely wrong.

gaz1875
08-05-2016, 04:41 PM
I think the players look fine, we have hardly been over run by any of the opposition, a few players back after injury lay off's and we have been resting quite a few players, half matches and earlyish substitutions. There will be a couple of players with niggling injuries, but they are looking better than I thought they would be :aok:

Winston Ingram
08-05-2016, 04:54 PM

I don't think we are anymore tired than we looked 5-10 games into the season.

Unseen work
08-05-2016, 05:00 PM
I don't think they look overly tired.

Except Mcginn who looks drained physically and mentally

Sammy7nil
08-05-2016, 05:05 PM

I think mentally is as big a problem as physically we struggled yesterday when a goal for Raith would have resulted in ET what would it have been like if a goal would have knocked us out.

LaMotta
08-05-2016, 05:08 PM

He doesn't look any more or less tired than anyone else!

Ronniekirk
08-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Cummings wears his socks like that to look cool. No other reason.

Well he didn't look cool when he waited on a pass arriving and the Raith player nipped in and took it as he knew Cummings wasn't going to move towards the ball
He was fatigued and it was there for all to see as the game progressed
Must be exercising Stubbs mind for Falkirk game I would of thought
Does he start him and sub him might he be more effective and sharper coming off the bench

Waxy
08-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Remember last year. Alot of people thought the reason Rangers beat us is because they played a couple if extra playoff games and we'd got a bit rusty with the wee break. We'd been in the Scottish cup semis so had played the exact amount of matches(one game extra v Ross county doesnt count)

superfurryhibby
08-05-2016, 05:25 PM

Intresting. Can you elaborate, maybe our professional team of coaches are missing some insight that you can shed light on? There again maybe your stretching your fingers on a keyboard and making that up:top marks

lyonhibs
08-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Intresting. Can you elaborate, maybe our professional team of coaches are missing some insight that you can shed light on? There again maybe your stretching your fingers on a keyboard and making that up:top marks

Alternatively, perhaps it's an opinion and thus doesn't need a body of academic work behind it??

hibbydog
08-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Sake. We're not the only team been playing all season. If we're knackered then Falkirk and Killie are knackered also.

We've played more games than these teams who will be better rested and had more time to think about tactics etc. All I'm saying is that puts us at a disadvantage in what will be a tight couple of ties.

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 05:36 PM

You are James McDonaugh.

Where do I claim my £5?

Waxy
08-05-2016, 05:40 PM
We've played more games than these teams who will be better rested and had more time to think about tactics etc. All I'm saying is that puts us at a disadvantage in what will be a tight couple of ties.
Falkirk only knew yesterday who they where playing so they didnt have any extra tactic thinking time.

Alfred E Newman
08-05-2016, 05:43 PM

The rest didn't do us any good last season.

superfurryhibby
08-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Alternatively, perhaps it's an opinion and thus doesn't need a body of academic work behind it??

Who's requesting an academic work? He's slavering pesh and I feel the need to ask what his daft claim is based on, is that unreasonable:confused:

HiBremian
08-05-2016, 05:58 PM

With yon physio lass involved, Clearly been a winning strategy so far.

mjhibby
08-05-2016, 07:11 PM

Mcginn doesn't seem as mobile as he was. Stubbs needs to use squad in the next games. Start with Keatings on Tuesday. I'd start with mcgeoch,then bring on Bartley after an hour. I'd also rest mcginn and start with henderson and sub around 65 mins. How we set up in the return league is another thing but in sure Stubbs is fully aware if someone in needing rested. He will I'm sure have taken advice on how to cope with all these games.

Winston Ingram
08-05-2016, 07:38 PM

Do you think we work hard? I think our pressing game is pretty poor. I think as a team we're incredibly one paced.

I'd love to see our running stats in comparison to other sides.

greenlex
08-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Really fatigued IMO. No one really wanted the ball yesterday with about 20 to go. We defended fine but when we had the ball there was no out ball or movement. Stubbs quite rightly ain't gonna admit it and is actually almost saying the opposite. 5 games to go. We need early goals and a bit of luck n these games to succeed I reckon.

greenlex
08-05-2016, 08:23 PM

and in a very short space of time. Twice a week all last month and the same this month. Play offs are a lottery at the best of times. We will do wel to succeed.

adhibs
08-05-2016, 08:32 PM
some will be feeling it a bit but we dont think the players showed signs yesterday. we've got a lot of players who've only played half a season through injuries or bit part roles. stokes, fyvie, gunnarson and numerous others should be in top condition. if changes need to be made we've got enough quality throughout the squad to get the results needed.

col02
08-05-2016, 08:41 PM
I think this is a myth being played out by the media regarding Hibs being tired. The only players to my mind who has played every match when available has been Stevenson and perhaps McGinn. Going through the rest of the team everyone has been rested, suspended or missing through injury this season.

J-C
08-05-2016, 08:47 PM
I think we're maybe seeing the benefit of having Fyvie back in the team fit and also Dylan this past 2 games, we now have a full compliment of midfielders ( except Carmichael but he's more a wide player ) to keep it fresh in the middle where the majority of the work goes on in a game. Yes they looked tired on sunday after 60-65 minutes but they had worked hard, we were lucky enough to be able to bring on Bartley, with Boyle on the bench also with fresh legs if needed. Injuries hit us hard and the midfield were never getting a chance to rest as we had no one to bring on in the middle.

Unseen work
08-05-2016, 09:45 PM

I disagree, he doesn't have half as much energy as he does compared to before. Before he would get on the ball, take on defenders and make things happen. Now it's more like he's going through the motions.

Compared to Stevenson who had played the same amount of games looks fine.

Fyvie and bartley, granted have played less games buy look like they have more energy too

Forza Fred
09-05-2016, 02:12 AM
Remember last year. Alot of people thought the reason Rangers beat us is because they played a couple if extra playoff games and we'd got a bit rusty with the wee break. We'd been in the Scottish cup semis so had played the exact amount of matches(one game extra v Ross county doesnt count)

Yep, so far excuses have been....too many games, pitches,referees, linesmen..lack of obvious penalties.....then before we also had international breaks causing us to lose momentum, players injured..etc.

Not interested in excuses.

Just do it Hibs, just do it.

Brightside
09-05-2016, 07:43 AM

:confused: How many games should they have a season ?

SJM
09-05-2016, 07:49 AM
After 65 mins we tire every single game. Either lack of fitness or fatigue because of games played. It doesn't help our situation right now.