08-05-2016, 11:26 AM
I really hope we try and go for him.

Mr White
08-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Motherwell interested according to bbc.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Motherwell interested according to bbc.

Yeah, seen that they've offered him a deal.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2016, 11:29 AM
I really hope we try and go for him.

Why?

Anyway he's been approached by Motherwell and they've made an offer to Dunfermline. Out of contract so won't take much to sign him.

FromTheCapital
08-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Why?

Anyway he's been approached by Motherwell and they've made an offer to Dunfermline. Out of contract so won't take much to sign him.

The lad is quality.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2016, 11:35 AM
The lad is quality.

Cmon, look at the standard he was up against. I've seen him 4 times this season and 3 of those games he was poor. If he's man marked he's pretty anonymous.

HibsNutter
08-05-2016, 11:35 AM
I assume we'll have targets drawn up for either league we might be in. I suspect he could be a potential signing in either league. A starting striker should we remain in the Championship or a handy option in the Prem.

DH1875
08-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Why?

If he's out of contract, why would Motherwell need to make an offer to Dunfermline?
Apparently there's a couple of clubs down south after him.

Marco G
08-05-2016, 12:34 PM
I assume we'll have targets drawn up for either league we might be in. I suspect he could be a potential signing in either league. A starting striker should we remain in the Championship or a handy option in the Prem.
Happy to leave it to the management team. Sure he will have been watched. Signing Logan, out for ages with snapped Achilles and just back in training when we approached him, indicates that our scouting system is right on the ball.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2016, 12:35 PM
If he's out of contract, why would Motherwell need to make an offer to Dunfermline?
Apparently there's a couple of clubs down south after him.

Development fee?

DH1875
08-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Development fee?

Not sure if he's been there that long and pretty sure he didn't come through their youth team.

Diclonius
08-05-2016, 12:44 PM
I would hope we would offer him a contract too. Surely he'd be happy to hold off and see if we get promoted if there's a deal on the table?

Ozyhibby
08-05-2016, 02:57 PM
I can't really get interested in any transfer chat while this season is still on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
08-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Not sure if he's been there that long and pretty sure he didn't come through their youth team.

Joined 2012 aged 19, been there 4 years, I don't know how the development fee works but it might be the case.

500miles
08-05-2016, 04:06 PM
A forward who can beat his man and an eye for goal would really stand out in this team.

Itsnoteasy
08-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Cmon, look at the standard he was up against. I've seen him 4 times this season and 3 of those games he was poor. If he's man marked he's pretty anonymous.

Could say the same for Jason Cummings

bingo70
08-05-2016, 07:35 PM
If he was called john smith and born in Fife I bet hardly anybody would be interested in him

Nicho87
08-05-2016, 07:48 PM
I'd rather a big bruiser of a forward. A fit el alagui type.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-05-2016, 08:06 PM
There is another boy in that Pars team and my Dunfy supporting acquaintance was telling me that there is no point in just taking one of them. Name escapes me for the now but the other boy does the spade work to let FEB play.

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 08:16 PM
There is another boy in that Pars team and my Dunfy supporting acquaintance was telling me that there is no point in just taking one of them. Name escapes me for the now but the other boy does the spade work to let FEB play.

Is it Cardle?

staunchhibby
08-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Motherwell only interested if mc donald does not resign for next season

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Is it Cardle?

The very chap.

Unseen work
08-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Reminds me of fabian yantorno

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 10:34 PM
The very chap.

I know a Dunfermline fan as well and he says the same.

SJM
09-05-2016, 01:48 PM

He wasn't anonymous when he scored against us this season nor against Ross County in the Scottish. I had hoped we had went for him last summer. Boy has plenty potential - give him Farids wages.

LaMotta
09-05-2016, 02:04 PM

Pars fan I know says Moffat is more important to El Bak's success than Cardle. Anyway, i'm sure we have a few players of our own that he could link up with!

Smartie
09-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Every time I've seen the Pars, Cardle has stood as being the main man for them.

El Bakhtaoui has a few rough edges (as you'd expect given his background) but he clearly has talent and might be worth taking a punt on.

He's far from the finished article though and I wouldn't be in a rush to get into a bidding war with English clubs and The Rangers over him.

Hermit Crab
09-05-2016, 02:21 PM
He wasn't anonymous when he scored against us this season nor against Ross County in the Scottish. I had hoped we had went for him last summer. Boy has plenty potential - give him Farids wages.

He was anonymous in the replay vs county. I should know, I was there.

Hermit Crab
09-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Could say the same for Jason Cummings

Most posters on here know how I feel about Cummings ability, or lack of as the case may be.

SJM
09-05-2016, 02:25 PM
He was anonymous in the replay vs county. I should know, I was there.

What about the first game?
And against us, he wasn't then - I was there.

Hermit Crab
09-05-2016, 03:26 PM
What about the first game?
And against us, he wasn't then - I was there.

He was pish away to forfar and away to ayr.

LaMotta
09-05-2016, 04:56 PM
He was pish away to forfar and away to ayr.

He wasn't too bad in the away game at Ayr where he scored both goals including an 18 yard overhead kick in the top corner :greengrin

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ayr-utd-0-dunfermline-2/

Hermit Crab
09-05-2016, 04:58 PM
He wasn't too bad in the away game at Ayr where he scored both goals including an 18 yard overhead kick in the top corner :greengrin

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ayr-utd-0-dunfermline-2/

No but he was murder in the 0-1 win away at ayr when cardle scored.

LaMotta
09-05-2016, 05:04 PM
No but he was murder in the 0-1 win away at ayr when cardle scored.

30 goals in 41 appearances this season would suggest he wasn't murder every week.

You could be right about him, but based on the types of goals he scores, I think he will step up a level or two fairly comfortably.

Hermit Crab
09-05-2016, 05:08 PM
30 goals in 41 appearances this season would suggest he wasn't murder every week.

You could be right about him, but based on the types of goals he scores, I think he will step up a level or two fairly comfortably.

That's the part I'm not sure about, I don't think he can to be honest. SPFL might just be too good for him. RC put two men on him in the replay and he never got a sniff the whole game.

Stantons Angel
09-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I can't really get interested in any transfer chat while this season is still on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly!

We have enough to keep us busy going on at the moment!

Your focus should be on what is happening NOW not next season! Our season aint over yet?

LaMotta
09-05-2016, 05:16 PM
That's the part I'm not sure about, I don't think he can to be honest. SPFL might just be too good for him. RC put two men on him in the replay and he never got a sniff the whole game.

We will find out soon enough I suppose!

Apparently he never turned up for the the DAFC official POTY awards the other day, despite winning almost everything. Seems to have upset a few folk there.

LaMotta
09-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Exactly!

We have enough to keep us busy going on at the moment!

Your focus should be on what is happening NOW not next season! Our season aint over yet?

Hopefully the club are focussing on both.