PDA

View Full Version : Raith Rover's left back - McKeown(?)

Juice-Terry
08-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Was anyone else impressed by him? I thought he was, arguably, the best player of the tie. Very good defender, and looked very dangerous going forward, putting in excellent crosses. I wonder was his contract situtation is at Rovers. He's only 23. Worth putting in a bid over the summer?

Smartie
08-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Was anyone else impressed by him? I thought he was, arguably, the best player of the tie. Very good defender, and looked very dangerous going forward, putting in excellent crosses. I wonder was his contract situtation is at Rovers. He's only 23. Worth putting in a bid over the summer?

I agree - especially in the first leg.

I'm still very happy with what Lewis brings to the side but we're going to need to get some cover for him/ a credible challenge for his spot.

Stokesy's on fire
08-05-2016, 11:05 AM
He's a decent player. Every time we play them he's heavily involved. That Raith team are decent but it I could steal a player from their side I would take Kevin Cuthbert he's a steady goal keeper.

andy1875
08-05-2016, 11:08 AM
My Dad and I both said the same yesterday that he looked a player.

I recall him playing well last season at ER if i remember correctly in a game we won 2-0.

Can fairly swing a ball in.

Waxy
08-05-2016, 11:12 AM
He's a decent player. Every time we play them he's heavily involved. That Raith team are decent but it I could steal a player from their side I would take Kevin Cuthbert he's a steady goal keeper.

Nah lets just keep Conrad. He catches last minute corners.

oconnors_strip
08-05-2016, 11:32 AM

I recall him playing well last season at ER if i remember correctly in a game we won 2-0.

Also has a great long throw in!

Hamish
08-05-2016, 11:33 AM

Plus he takes a great long throw albeit most of them are foul throws. Could also have Niklas on the right flank who takes a great long shy as well

Gatecrasher
08-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Yep we could do a lot worse than going for him imo.

Stokesy's on fire
08-05-2016, 11:35 AM

I like Conrad And I do hope he he signs next season.

jane_says
08-05-2016, 11:43 AM

Didn't go to the 1st leg, however thought he was good yesterday. Stood out as one of Raiths best.

CB_NO3
08-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Did we not just sign a left back from Raith Rovers? 18 year old that Hearts were after.

S4uzee
08-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Did we not just sign a left back from Raith Rovers? 18 year old that Hearts were after.

I'm sure this guy was ball boy at the east yesterday. Certainly looked like older guys doing the ball boy duties to get the ball in play quick if required.
Good move by Hibs

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Lewis is better.

Waxy
08-05-2016, 11:53 AM

Wheat Hound
08-05-2016, 12:32 PM
I'm sure this guy was ball boy at the east yesterday. Certainly looked like older guys doing the ball boy duties to get the ball in play quick if required.
Good move by Hibs

We thought it was Sean Brennan doing that on the East side too.

jimhfc1
08-05-2016, 03:16 PM
I was in the east yesterday he looked fairly decent, good engine going up and down the flank.

HappyHanlon
08-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Cracking player. Should look to sign him.

bigwheel
08-05-2016, 04:04 PM
I actually thought he struggled in the first half...we were getting past him regularly...came on to a game though, had a stronger second half..

LustForLeith
08-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Seen him play for Cowdenbeath a few years ago, might have been on his debut. Looks decent ar this level, could well step up.

wookie70
08-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Agreed. Said the same to my mate. He was the best player on the park in the first leg and good yesterday too

Slim Shady
08-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Agree good solid consistent player.

Was disgusted at 1st leg tho when some low life sitting 3 rows in Infront of me shouting racial abuse at him. "Hurry up ya ****ing Muslim" when taking a throw and when he was being subbed off "hurry the **** up Bin Laden".

I was with a friend who was taking his daughter to her first ever Hibs match. **** bag. Hibs don't need or want your kind following the club.

hibbysam
08-05-2016, 05:11 PM
We thought it was Sean Brennan doing that on the East side too.

It was indeed, the whole of the 20's doing ball boy duties. Obviously in case the game was going against us to get the ball back quicker, and as it turned out, to slow the game down when we were ahead. Brennan was at the east side in front of Section 43, Sean Mackie would've been doing it as well and was also in the crowd for the first leg last week.

Brooster
08-05-2016, 05:14 PM

Yes Sean Mackie, he was the East Stand ballboy yesterday.

Enough said
08-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Lewis is better. left back from raith can cross a ball he is strong physical great pace and can't take a throw in.. Need I say more???

Bronson
08-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Released by killie not so long ago. Looks alright going forward but thought he struggled defensively.

I'd look elsewhere, personally.

JimBHibees
08-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Released by killie not so long ago. Looks alright going forward but thought he struggled defensively.

I'd look elsewhere, personally.

Exactly my view suspect defensively.

Big_Franck
08-05-2016, 05:24 PM
It was indeed, the whole of the 20's doing ball boy duties. Obviously in case the game was going against us to get the ball back quicker, and as it turned out, to slow the game down when we were ahead. Brennan was at the east side in front of Section 43, Sean Mackie would've been doing it as well and was also in the crowd for the first leg last week.

That's great to hear that we are finally doing this. Using 9/10 year old ball boys hasnt helped us in the past. Theyre too slow at getting the ball back to Hibs players when we are attacking and often naively give the ball quickly to the opposition when we haven't had the chance to organise ourselves.

I've also thought for a while that we allow the opposition a breather and we lose a lot of time through not having enough ball boys in the south stand when we are at home to diddy teams and we are shooting in to that end. They always seem to get about a 60 second breather while some ten year old lad tries to hurdle 20 rows of seats to get the ball back. Little things like this are more important than it might seem.

jacomo
08-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Exactly my view suspect defensively.

If he can also play wide midfield then he would be a great addition. Lewis is more comfortable defending, so a more attack-minded player who can cover at LB would be nice.

bigwheel
08-05-2016, 05:38 PM
left back from raith can cross a ball he is strong physical great pace and can't take a throw in.. Need I say more???

Lewis had a better game yesterday...by some way in my view...Ok, so he has a big throw in...but other than that - don't know why the fuss..he looked poor defensively.

emerald green
08-05-2016, 05:57 PM
That's great to hear that we are finally doing this. Using 9/10 year old ball boys hasnt helped us in the past. Theyre too slow at getting the ball back to Hibs players when we are attacking and often naively give the ball quickly to the opposition when we haven't had the chance to organise ourselves.

I've also thought for a while that we allow the opposition a breather and we lose a lot of time through not having enough ball boys in the south stand when we are at home to diddy teams and we are shooting in to that end. They always seem to get about a 60 second breather while some ten year old lad tries to hurdle 20 rows of seats to get the ball back. Little things like this are more important than it might seem.

:agree: Things like this are important. It's called attention to detail.

Enough said
08-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Lewis had a better game yesterday...by some way in my view...Ok, so he has a big throw in...but other than that - don't know why the fuss..he looked poor defensively. fair point mate

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 06:35 PM
left back from raith can cross a ball he is strong physical great pace and can't take a throw in.. Need I say more???Lewis has more assists than him this season so he cant be that great at crossing, didn't look all that great physically yesterday and his throws all came to nothing so yes, you do need to say more.

Smartie
08-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Lewis has more assists than him this season so he cant be that great at crossing, didn't look all that great physically yesterday and his throws all came to nothing so yes, you do need to say more.

You could have Gareth Bale beating men and whipping in balls down the left hand side but until we've got strikers who make the right runs we're not going to get more goals from that side of the park.

Our goals yesterday came from a corner and a deflection but similar to Wednesday, Lewis must have been wondering at times what he needed to do to create a goal.

BSEJVT
08-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Not for me

Was described to me by a current Raith player as having a long throw and not much else

Geo_1875
09-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Championship level player. We need better than that.