PDA

View Full Version : It's going to be ugly!

vuefrom1875
08-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Looking forward to tues,but methinks roaster will have his troops geared up for a spoiling game,every trick in the book will be at his disposable!

Smartie
08-05-2016, 10:34 AM
I agree but I think it's important not to get drawn into too much of their nonsense.

They should have been dead and buried after getting their man sent off at Easter Road, you could argue that their physical approach should have seen more men sent off. We need to rise above this and play football and if we do, we'll win.

I do think though that our captain needs to be a bit "Liam Craig" and be in the referee's ear for 90 minutes, pointing out each and every challenge he does't like.

The Green Goblin
08-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Looking forward to tues,but methinks roaster will have his troops geared up for a spoiling game,every trick in the book will be at his disposable!

I agree but I think it's important not to get drawn into too much of their nonsense.

They should have been dead and buried after getting their man sent off at Easter Road, you could argue that their physical approach should have seen more men sent off. We need to rise above this and play football and if we do, we'll win.

I do think though that our captain needs to be a bit "Liam Craig" and be in the referee's ear for 90 minutes, pointing out each and every challenge he does't like.

I agree, but sometimes we can also hurt ourselves by being a bit too "honest". This is a win at all costs situation and as such, if the hard stuff starts getting dished out from their anti-footballing thugs, I would be looking for a couple of over reactions from our boys on the receiving end to make it harder for the ref to ignore it or just give verbal warnings. The Christian Dailly "f***ing cheats" Germany - Scotland game springs to mind. It was pathetic but it worked and they won largely because of it. That's where we are right now. I don't like to see it, but that's the type of scrap we are in, we need to be cleverer than just spreading our arms out looking at the ref for help with indignant looks on our faces, and if it helps us win, I definitely won't care.

SJM
08-05-2016, 10:47 AM
We need a strong ref on Tuesday as they are dirty cheating ****ers.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-05-2016, 11:03 AM

100% agreed and hoping the numpty refs and linesmen we've had recently won't be in charge again, especially those fuds at Raith.

emerald green
08-05-2016, 11:13 AM
All the Hibs players need to remain 100% disciplined, focused, and concentrate on the football for the full 90+ minutes. Both games.

We can only hope that whoever the officials are they do their jobs properly, and come down hard on any nonsense early doors. I won't be holding my breath waiting for that though.

J-C
08-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Be prepared for a physical game, they'll try everything to stop us playing our passing game, it will also depend if the ref is strong enough not to let the get away with it.

Just Jimmy
08-05-2016, 11:26 AM
We need to score a couple on Tuesday. Take a lead to their place and they'll have to come out to score. We'll pick them off. I fancy stubbs is glad of this chance to smash Houston and will get it right. I also think the players hate Falkirk and will make sure of this.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

scooby
08-05-2016, 11:32 AM
We need to score a couple on Tuesday. Take a lead to their place and they'll have to come out to score. We'll pick them off. I fancy stubbs is glad of this chance to smash Houston and will get it right. I also think the players hate Falkirk and will make sure of this.

Agreed, ideally need to be two goals up going to Falkirk. Hopefully we get a big vocal crowd at ER for the first leg and sell our allocation for the away leg.
Let's give the roaster it tight!

hibsbollah
08-05-2016, 11:34 AM
They offered nothing in an attacking sense at ER, the two late goals were completely at odds with the rest of the game. We battered them then and as long as we match them for fitness and endurance we should batter tyem again. Tiredness could be our biggest enemy and Stubbs will need to use his subs wisely.

BH Hibs
08-05-2016, 12:36 PM

What price Thomson?

hibby6270
08-05-2016, 12:46 PM

Has the Falkirk game ref been announced yet?

Smartie
08-05-2016, 12:48 PM
What price Thomson?

Tin hat on here, but I thought Craig Thomson's performance at Tynecastle was quite possibly the best refereeing performance we've had in the second half of this season……..

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Has the Falkirk game ref been announced yet?

Had a look, can't see anything yet. Can't be Thomson Collum or Beaton, as they all have Premiership games on Tuesday/Wednesday

Who's left

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2016, 12:53 PM
is that falkirk fan charleson a referee or linesman ?

Bostonhibby
08-05-2016, 12:58 PM
His first priority may well be kicking us enough to stop us competing in a cup final followed by trying to get Falkirk up.

kaimendhibs
08-05-2016, 01:08 PM

Ref. Even our corrupt SFA surely couldn't pull that stunt.....

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Falkirk didn't finish the season is so great form. Although we had a dip, they only won 4 of their last 10 games

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 01:10 PM

Can he do one

bingo70
08-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Falkirk didn't finish the season is so great form. Although we had a dip, they only won 4 of their last 10 games

Relied on a lot of late goals to get these wins and draws too, that's normally a sign of a wobble coming.

Edson Arantes
08-05-2016, 01:18 PM

Bet?

Since90+2
08-05-2016, 01:18 PM

They do. Out of all the teams we have played they are the one team the players have niggle with and they know from the outset what kind of game it's going to be.

Would not surprise me if we see sendings off over the two legs.

hibby6270
08-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Had a look, can't see anything yet. Can't be Thomson Collum or Beaton, as they all have Premiership games on Tuesday/Wednesday

Who's left

Better not be my good pal Crawford Allan. He was in charge for the 2-2 game a few weeks back. Can't say it was all his fault for that result - much as we'd maybe like to for his softly, softly approach to some of the tackles that night. Mind you he did send one of theirs off!! A draw or a defeat on the cards if it is him. :boo hoo:
Just look at his record in games he's refereed that we're involved in (bar a league cup game v Stranraer).
That leaves the likes of Clancy, Muir and maybe Dallas?

Sammy7nil
08-05-2016, 02:09 PM
They offered nothing in an attacking sense at ER, the two late goals were completely at odds with the rest of the game. We battered them then and as long as we match them for fitness and endurance we should batter tyem again. Tiredness could be our biggest enemy and Stubbs will need to use his subs wisely.

They played for a draw they never tried to attack until late on.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2016, 03:06 PM

oh i wouldn't bet against them doing just that :(

Can he do one

re-arrange the first two words ?

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Better not be my good pal Crawford Allan. He was in charge for the 2-2 game a few weeks back. Can't say it was all his fault for that result - much as we'd maybe like to for his softly, softly approach to some of the tackles that night. Mind you he did send one of theirs off!! A draw or a defeat on the cards if it is him. :boo hoo:
Just look at his record in games he's refereed that we're involved in (bar a league cup game v Stranraer).
That leaves the likes of Clancy, Muir and maybe Dallas?

he had preston going bananas on the radio yesterday at the killie game, disallowing a penalty when boyd got his top pulled off him in the box

Onion
08-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Ref needs to watch for:

Time wasting from minute 1
Brutal tackles early doors
Targeting of McGinn and Dylan
Them getting on the refs face, trying to get one of our guy SO - probably Hendo or Cummings

Need a strong, impartial ref who'll not put up with their nonsense.

And the Hibs crowd needs to pressure the ref at every opp.

08-05-2016, 03:42 PM

I agree but he just has to watch that he doesn't over step the mark. If hes constantly in the refs face he could find himself booked.

Unseen work
08-05-2016, 04:03 PM
I want us to bully them, make them look like little boys. A midfield of Fyvie mcgeouch and bartley and I think we could do that.

Humiliate them with how well we play with the ball.

I am desperate for us to beat them

HappyHanlon
08-05-2016, 04:06 PM
I want Bartley to snap Mark Kerr within the first 5/10 minutes. Send out a message!

08-05-2016, 04:12 PM
I want us to bully them, make them look like little boys. A midfield of Fyvie mcgeouch and bartley and I think we could do that.

Humiliate them with how well we play with the ball.

I am desperate for us to beat them

Me too, my dislike for them has significantly grown over the last couple years and i'd absolutely love to wipe the smirk off that fat hearts *******, Houstons face.