PDA

View Full Version : NHC Atletico Madrid

DH1875
08-05-2016, 08:37 AM
Since there's been a wee bit on a love in for them on here recently, thought I'd just mention that for those of us that dont have sky sports, their game is on SKY 2 today at 4 o'clock.

LustForLeith
08-05-2016, 09:14 AM
Cheers!

tigerted
08-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Was at their CL Semi-Final game against Bayern in Madrid 12 days ago with 2 other Hibbys. Brilliant atmosphere at the game, especially when you've been adopted by the Ultras in the Bars before the kickoff. They couldn't believe that fans from Scotland would come over to see them (and not Real), so we ended up in really great company before and after the game and it made the trip very memorable for us! :not worth

The only downside to the trip, was missing the game against Dumbarton at Easter Road! :top marks

GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
08-05-2016, 09:40 AM
I hope they can win the Champions League this time, as they deserve it, due to their consistency in the past few years.

LustForLeith
08-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Was at their CL Semi-Final game against Bayern in Madrid 12 days ago with 2 other Hibbys. Brilliant atmosphere at the game, especially when you've been adopted by the Ultras in the Bars before the kickoff. They couldn't believe that fans from Scotland would come over to see them (and not Real), so we ended up in really great company before and after the game and it made the trip very memorable for us! :not worth

The only downside to the trip, was missing the game against Dumbarton at Easter Road! :top marks

GGTTH

Ha!

Was it easy getting tickets for the game? Fancy going over for a game next season.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-05-2016, 09:57 AM
I hope they can win the Champions League this time, as they deserve it, due to their consistency in the past few years.

I don't, their manager is a loose cannon, the incident where he kicked the ball onto the park in the league game when the guy was clean through sums him up for me, indisciplined and unprofessional and any english team wanting him beware.

Barca for me all the way.

Hibernia&Alba
08-05-2016, 10:00 AM
I don't, their manager is a loose cannon, the incident where he kicked the ball onto the park in the league game when the guy was clean through sums him up for me, indisciplined and unprofessional and any english team wanting him beware.

I don't have a leaning towards any Spanish club, I'd just like to see Atletico break the stranglehold of the big two again.

LustForLeith
08-05-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't have a leaning towards any Spanish club, I'd just like to see Atletico break the stranglehold of the big two again.

Exactly

He's a radge.

GreenLake
08-05-2016, 11:20 AM
Ha!

Was it easy getting tickets for the game? Fancy going over for a game next season.

My wife and I bought tickets last September for the Madrid derby and we went through the club's web site (printed them at our hotel front desk). We bought them a couple of days before and there were only single seats left but quite close together. We were in with the Athleti fans and once we sat down the boy next to me swapped seats with my wife immediately. All the people sitting around us were very nice to us. The whole crowd supported their team after going down a goal to Benzema, Greizmann missing a penalty and it remaining 1 nil till late in the game. They equalized and the place went berserk. Brilliant fans and a form team playing in a great stadium. I enjoyed that game more than Barcelona vs Leverkusen a few days before where I had player zone tickets and access to Barca's hospitality lounge at 10 x the price of our regular Atleti ticket. I bought tickets for Barcelona in Los Angeles over the internet from their club web site and printed them at home.

GreenLake
08-05-2016, 11:24 AM

That is quite far from what really happened but he certainly has previous.

Moulin Yarns
08-05-2016, 11:59 AM
My wife and I bought tickets last September for the Madrid derby and we went through the club's web site (printed them at our hotel front desk). We bought them a couple of days before and there were only single seats left but quite close together. We were in with the Athleti fans and once we sat down the boy next to me swapped seats with my wife immediately. All the people sitting around us were very nice to us. The whole crowd supported their team after going down a goal to Benzema, Greizmann missing a penalty and it remaining 1 nil till late in the game. They equalized and the place went berserk. Brilliant fans and a form team playing in a great stadium. I enjoyed that game more than Barcelona vs Leverkusen a few days before where I had player zone tickets and access to Barca's hospitality lounge at 10 x the price of our regular Atleti ticket. I bought tickets for Barcelona in Los Angeles over the internet from their club web site and printed them at home.

http://en.clubatleticodemadrid.com/

Bought mine through the website before going over, (a game against Getafe because I was there.) Print at home available. I was sitting next to Aberdeen supporters, randomly. This was not long after Fyvie joined us.

easty
08-05-2016, 12:07 PM
That is quite far from what really happened but he certainly has previous.

Aye he never kicked it, but he told the ball it to throw it on.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 12:19 PM

Barca for me all the way.He didn't kick it and the guy wasn't close to through on goal.

easty
08-05-2016, 12:42 PM
He didn't kick it and the guy wasn't close to through on goal.

It was going to lead to a chance to score, clearly. Simeone wouldn't have told the ball boy to do it for nothing.

Just Jimmy
08-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Simeone is a rocket. Hope Real pump them in the final. Hala Madrid.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
08-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Horrible manager ee advocates horrible football what would they do without the away goal rule. :rolleyes: Whilst he is in charge i hope they get pumped everyweek.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Horrible manager ee advocates horrible football what would they do without the away goal rule. :rolleyes: Whilst he is in charge i hope they get pumped everyweek.When did defending properly and playing on the break become horrible football?

They would be just fine without the away goals rule, they have knocked Barcelona out twice without it.

bigwheel
08-05-2016, 02:12 PM
i really wonder if those blasting Simeone have actually watched his team in more than one game....At a fraction of the budget of Barca and Real they are incredibly competitive. You can't seriously expect him to play all out attack when the financial odds are stacked so much against them. They are not filled with galactic. I've seen them a few times this season, they were the best, most fluid side I've seen by some way - and that includes Real and Barca..For example: have a look at them vs Betis recently 5-1 victory ...They would walk the EPL..

Sammy7nil
08-05-2016, 02:19 PM
When did defending properly and playing on the break become horrible football?

They would be just fine without the away goals rule, they have knocked Barcelona out twice without it.

Sorry they are a joy to watch and the manager is a very nice man a real modern day Hansen Christian Anderson. Back in the real world yes he and his team do very very well I just hate how they achieve it.

Sammy7nil
08-05-2016, 02:23 PM
i really wonder if those blasting Simeone have actually watched his team in more than one game....At a fraction of the budget of Barca and Real they are incredibly competitive. You can't seriously expect him to play all out attack when the financial odds are stacked so much against them. They are not filled with galactic. I've seen them a few times this season, they were the best, most fluid side I've seen by some way - and that includes Real and Barca..For example: have a look at them vs Betis recently 5-1 victory ...They would walk the EPL..

All out attack LOL it is hard to do that with ten players in your own box. I have watched them a lot they are good team his tactics against better teams could get football stopped. Peter Houston gets pelters for the same tactics on here.

Just Jimmy
08-05-2016, 02:46 PM
I've seen them in the flesh a few times in the last few years. I love madrid as a city and I try and catch a game if either of the two are at home. I admire what he has achieved. I respect the fact his team is well drilled and has some top players. Griezemann, Koke in particular. That said I dislike him hugely and have always leaned towards Real anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Sorry they are a joy to watch and the manager is a very nice man a real modern day Hansen Christian Anderson. Back in the real world yes he and his team do very very well I just hate how they achieve it.You hate them playing to their strengths?

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Me and a group of mates have just booked flights to Madrid for a weekend in Nov for a lads wkend and for the football. Risky before fixtures are out but flights were only £70 return from Edinburgh. Picked Madrid cause there's the two big teams obv so one of them should be at home. Desperate for it to be Atletico and not Real tbh.

Scottie
08-05-2016, 03:07 PM
1-0 Athletico after 3 minutes.

Pete
08-05-2016, 03:09 PM
It's good to see the underdogs upset the "big" clubs in a particular league.

I think there would be a bit less global concern about Atletico if more people cared a little bit less about teams from cities they have absolutely nothing to do with.

Catalonia must be one of the biggest places in the world going by all the people worldwide who must have dad's from Barcelona. ;-)

SteveHFC
08-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Hopefully Atletico pump Real in the final.

bigwheel
08-05-2016, 03:35 PM
All out attack LOL it is hard to do that with ten players in your own box. I have watched them a lot they are good team his tactics against better teams could get football stopped. Peter Houston gets pelters for the same tactics on here.

you've definitely not really watched them , if that's what you think they play like....

Sammy7nil
08-05-2016, 04:58 PM
you've definitely not really watched them , if that's what you think they play like....

Did you see the second leg agaist Barca?

HibsNutter
08-05-2016, 05:10 PM
If they played in our league they'd be labelled 'hammer throwers' on here after disposing of us.

hibs69
08-05-2016, 05:10 PM
1-0 Athletico after 3 minutes.

2-1 Levante after 90.

Simeone would've been kicking balls all over that dressing room today.

Pete
08-05-2016, 05:13 PM
2-1 Levante after 90.

Simeone would've been kicking balls all over that dressing room today.

Is that it for their title challenge then?

08-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Buggers let my line down today :grr:

hibs69
08-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Barca and real get beat next game, Atletico win 37-0......, it's theirs!

Onceinawhile
08-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Barca and real get beat next game, Atletico win 37-0......, it's theirs!

Spanish league doesn't go on goal difference, it's head to head record first.

hibs69
08-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Is that right? I didn't know that.

Sir David Gray
08-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Me and a group of mates have just booked flights to Madrid for a weekend in Nov for a lads wkend and for the football. Risky before fixtures are out but flights were only £70 return from Edinburgh. Picked Madrid cause there's the two big teams obv so one of them should be at home. Desperate for it to be Atletico and not Real tbh.

Maybe not, what weekend is it?

There's an international weekend in November - 12th/13th.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Maybe not, what weekend is it?

There's an international weekend in November - 12th/13th.

Saturday 26th Nov mate. Hopefully should be okay [emoji106]

hibs69
09-05-2016, 12:33 PM
New member to this place so have the "start new thread" fear and having balls stomped for it......, but thought I'd ask in this thread, (why, I have no idea) if there are any Werder Bremen fans on here and has there even been a Werder Bremen thread? MASSIVE game on Saturday vs Frankfurt for Bundesliga 1 survival.
Any roasters like me on here who follow green clubs?
'MON THE BREMEN, (and Argyle!)

gilliecabbage
09-05-2016, 02:46 PM
We went to Rayo vallecano v Sevilla in the morning then Atleti v Villarreal at night. 1st game was better than the second. Got tickets no probs for both.

Hibernia&Alba
09-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Atletico Heartsed it, a la 1986, as did Ajax. PSV took the title on the last day.

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Atletico Heartsed it, a la 1986, as did Ajax. PSV took the title on the last day.
If Barca won both games it didn't matter, wasn't in Atleticos hands regardless. Ajax on the other hand...smelly hun De Boer will be out on his arse after that one.

Itsnoteasy
09-05-2016, 06:58 PM

GGTTH

How did you manage to get tickets for that?

Sir David Gray
09-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Saturday 26th Nov mate. Hopefully should be okay [emoji106]

:aok: Good stuff, hopefully you get a decent match to watch.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-05-2016, 08:17 PM
:aok: Good stuff, hopefully you get a decent match to watch.

Hopefully mate [emoji16][emoji106]

HibeeLR
09-05-2016, 10:58 PM
New member to this place so have the "start new thread" fear and having balls stomped for it......, but thought I'd ask in this thread, (why, I have no idea) if there are any Werder Bremen fans on here and has there even been a Werder Bremen thread? MASSIVE game on Saturday vs Frankfurt for Bundesliga 1 survival.
Any roasters like me on here who follow green clubs?
'MON THE BREMEN, (and Argyle!)

I follow Bremen's results and have visited their stadium before, however there was no game so hoping to mange to get to one in the future :) their the only other Green club I keep an eye on tbh

hibs69
10-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Good stuff, Hibee LR. Was 1983 and the German exchange students at my school......., they all came from Bremen. Some of them wearing Bremen tops. Been a fan ever since. Never been to Bremen though. So, a fairly ***** fan!