PDA

View Full Version : Killie Confirmed as Play Off Opposition

Keith_M
08-05-2016, 06:55 AM
...after being beaten by Partick Thistle.

As an aside, they are really poor and I'm confident that whoever wins the next round of the Play Offs will beat them.

Sean1875
08-05-2016, 07:11 AM
I'd tentatively agree with you.. a fresh set of legs for Falkirk or Hibs I reckon would beat Kilmarnock easily over two legs, it just comes down to fatigue and how well were holding up 'IF' we get the chance to face them.. time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giro Playboy
08-05-2016, 07:20 AM

As an aside, they are really poor and I'm confident that whoever wins the next round of the Play Offs will beat them. Thanks for the info. I think most folk noticed Killie would be the opposition at 4.45pm yesterday but cheers for reconfirming this.
I might start a new thread saying that Hibs beat Raith 2-0 yesterday

Pete
08-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the info. I think most folk noticed Killie would be the opposition at 4.45pm yesterday but cheers for reconfirming this.

We're in the play offs?

I never knew that.

Bristolhibby
08-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I think most folk noticed Killie would be the opposition at 4.45pm yesterday but cheers for reconfirming this.

And the point of this sarcastic post?

danhibees1875
08-05-2016, 09:43 AM

Hibs.net has a severe lack of clairvoyants these days unfortunately. I tend to find that most of the discussion points on here are related to things that have already happened. Tedious really.

rotherhamrob
08-05-2016, 09:55 AM

I think you'll find we won, therefore some people are lost as they have nothing to moan about :-)

jgl07
08-05-2016, 10:11 AM

Yams cannot resist it?

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Would love to stick it up Killie, their wee club mentality shines through when they play the bigots, by allowing them to take over their ground to make a quick buck

jgl07
08-05-2016, 10:14 AM

As an aside, they are really poor and I'm confident that whoever wins the next round of the Play Offs will beat them.
They have been rubbish all season. They deserve all they get for selling their star striker to Rangers and for appointing serial underachiever Lee Clark as manager.

Either Hibs or Falkirk should see off Killie.

macca70
08-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Hibs.net has a severe lack of clairvoyants these days unfortunately. I tend to find that most of the discussion points on here are related to things that have already happened. Tedious really.

Well, once you read the Subject, you have a decision to make, click into the thread or don't bother but you clearly chose to go into the thread and even make the effort to comment!!!

Personally, I wasn't aware Killie were comfirmed as 2nd bottom as didn't pay too much attention to footy scores after we had played yesterday.

pennyhibee
08-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Absolutely no need .No wonder folk get hacked off on here

Time For Heroes
08-05-2016, 10:32 AM

Brilliant input once again...

Giro Playboy
08-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Absolutely no need .No wonder folk get hacked off on here The OP calls other posters ""yams"" on a daily basis. He will understand about hacking folk off

Time For Heroes
08-05-2016, 10:50 AM
The OP calls other posters ""yams"" on a daily basis. He will understand about hacking folk off

Jesus are we in a playground?

Giro Playboy
08-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Of course we are. The name calling on here is unbelievable. Your a yam. No am no. Aye you are.

GreenLake
08-05-2016, 10:59 AM

Please be sympathetic, not everybody is able to reach your level of discussion.

GreenArmyyy!
08-05-2016, 11:05 AM

Absolutely no need for that reply at all. It's a perfectly reasonable subject for the OP to want to discuss.

BT58
08-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Wheres yon Vannishtelroy (sp), the killie fan who pops up here every so often.If we do get through the Bairns games it may not be as easy as some think. Im sure Killie had a decent 3-0 away win last week. Lets just leave it to the boss and team to take it a game at a time

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Very confident against them if we beat Falkirk, they are there for the taking.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Wheres yon Vannishtelroy (sp), the killie fan who pops up here every so often.If we do get through the Bairns games it may not be as easy as some think. Im sure Killie had a decent 3-0 away win last week. Lets just leave it to the boss and team to take it a game at a time

Killie are in free fall. They've won 2 of their last 10 games and lost 6 of their last games

They've also got 2 games to play before we play them, the same as us

Let's get past Falkirk first

hibee1875
08-05-2016, 03:22 PM
They have been rubbish all season. They deserve all they get for selling their star striker to Rangers and for appointing serial underachiever Lee Clark as manager.

Either Hibs or Falkirk should see off Killie.

Who was their star striker they sold to Rangers??

DH1875
08-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Take it we'd be offered both stands if we play them. Not saying we'd sell them out but IF we win on the Saturday I reckon we'd take a good 6k fans.

coldingham hibs
08-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Killie are in free fall. They've won 2 of their last 10 games and lost 6 of their last games

They've also got 2 games to play before we play them, the same as us

Let's get past Falkirk first

I think Killie have been decent recently and have several dangerous players. Not a game to take lightly if we actually get there.

Meanwhile Falkirk fans & players appear pretty confident from what I have seen. Ironic that they seem to think we are cheats and Refs give us soft decisions.

danhibees1875
08-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Well, once you read the Subject, you have a decision to make, click into the thread or don't bother but you clearly chose to go into the thread and even make the effort to comment!!!

Personally, I wasn't aware Killie were comfirmed as 2nd bottom as didn't pay too much attention to footy scores after we had played yesterday.

Sorry, I thought I had got my sarcasm across in that post- a risk you take on the internet!
Killie are no mugs, and Boyd is always capable of popping up with a goal. If we get there, it'll be a tough tie.

Unseen work
08-05-2016, 04:01 PM
They have mcdonald in goals who always seems to turn into some sort of super goalie against us.

They will put magennis up against Stevenson and try take advantage of his size, speed and strength.

Won't be straight forward but they will be more scared of what we can do, and rightly so.

HibsNutter
08-05-2016, 04:02 PM
If we beat Falkirk (achievable), I'm sure we'll take care of Kilmarnock. In between Killie games we have a chance to win the SC for the first time since 1902 by beating an idle Rangers side.

Hang on, wasn't this season written off as a total failure a couple of days ago:confused:.

Get behind the team from here on in. We'll have all summer to analyse the failings of the team should we fail, but we can give them a huge lift in the meantime.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2016, 04:07 PM
They have mcdonald in goals who always seems to turn into some sort of super goalie against us.

They will put magennis up against Stevenson and try take advantage of his size, speed and strength.

Won't be straight forward but they will be more scared of what we can do, and rightly so.McDonald isn't always great against us, we put 3 past him twice last season.

Ryan69
08-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Cause he's not getting his hole.

Big L
08-05-2016, 05:42 PM
After we put the bairns to bed, we play Killie, does anyone know the dates?

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 05:54 PM
After we put the bairns to bed, we play Killie, does anyone know the dates?

The winners of Hibs v Falkirk will be at home to Killie on the Tuesday before the Cup Final, 17th May
The return leg Killie v Hibs/Falkirk will be on Wednesday 25th May

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 06:03 PM
The winners of Hibs v Falkirk will be at home to Killie on the Tuesday before the Cup Final, 17th May
The return leg Killie v Hibs/Falkirk will be on Wednesday 25th May

That's the dates if it's us.

If it's Falkirk it's Thursday/Sunday (I think).

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 06:06 PM
That's the dates if it's us.

If it's Falkirk it's Thursday/Sunday (I think).

Yes, but I'm sure Big L wouldn't care if it was Falkirk playing Killie

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Yes, but I'm sure Big L wouldn't care if it was Falkirk playing Killie

True :hilarious

Keith_M
08-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Sorry if anybody thought the post was irrelevant, I didn't see any discussions specifically on the result of yesterday's Killie game.

I personally feel a bit more positive about the possible opposition, if we can just get past Falkirk.

:thumbsup:

Smartie
08-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Are any/ all of the remaining games likely to be on TV?

I'm away on the 17th and wouldn't want not to see that game(if we get through).

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Are any/ all of the remaining games likely to be on TV?

I'm away on the 17th and wouldn't want not to see that game(if we get through).

All games Live on BT sport

Alex Trager
08-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Take it we'd be offered both stands if we play them. Not saying we'd sell them out but IF we win on the Saturday I reckon we'd take a good 6k fans.

Te dream is win at home win the cup then get 7-8K in rugby park to watch us go up!

jacomo
08-05-2016, 06:50 PM
If we beat Falkirk (achievable), I'm sure we'll take care of Kilmarnock. In between Killie games we have a chance to win the SC for the first time since 1902 by beating an idle Rangers side.

Hang on, wasn't this season written off as a total failure a couple of days ago:confused:.

Get behind the team from here on in. We'll have all summer to analyse the failings of the team should we fail, but we can give them a huge lift in the meantime.

:agree:

Spot on.

Sir David Gray
08-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Te dream is win at home win the cup then get 7-8K in rugby park to watch us go up!

That would be outstanding if it happens. :pray:

Roman Moroni
08-05-2016, 09:52 PM
I would dearly love to relegate Killie. I will never forget the smug look on Kris Boyd's pus when he scored against us at ER to (iirc) put us in the play-offs.

FranckSuzy
08-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Please be sympathetic, not everybody is able to reach your level of discussion.

:faf:

Callum_62
08-05-2016, 10:31 PM
The final off the play offs have both legs midweek?

Why on earth couldn't the 2nd leg of the final be Saturday 28th?

Will impact crowd for both legs i reckon

Infact, semi final and final have all 4 legs midweek.

What a shambles Scottish football is

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 10:34 PM
The final off the play offs have both legs midweek?

Why on earth couldn't the 2nd leg of the final be Saturday 28th?

Will impact crowd for both legs i reckon

Infact, semi final and final have all 4 legs midweek.

What a shambles Scottish football is

I think it's cos the CL final is that day and UEFA don't allow any matches to be played that day.

Callum_62
08-05-2016, 10:36 PM
I think it's cos the CL final is that day and UEFA don't allow any matches to be played that day.

Sunday then - got to be better than either Falkirk or Hibs fans driving up to Kilmarnock midweek

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-05-2016, 11:32 PM

THAT Final v The Yams was the same day as the CL Final.

Bristolhibby
09-05-2016, 12:12 AM
THAT Final v The Yams was the same day as the CL Final.

Rule changed the season after.

CL Final now has to be the only game that day.

J

1875STEVE
09-05-2016, 01:41 AM
The Killie fans think we are the easy touch, funnily enough, it links back to this thread, some of the comments- :greengrin:greengrin

http://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/459-play-off-games/&page=2

Apparently we haven't battered anyone outside of Alloa and Dumbarton.

Must have missed us battering Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, beating Rangers x 2, Hearts, Inverness.

Think they are in for a massive shock imo.

This yin though....

There has indeed always been a major arrogance about Hibs for me, probably not helped by having lived in Edinburgh for so long tbf! They really do think they are the natural '3rd force'in Scotland, with all other clubs outside the OF pretty much being regarded as diddies, who should all just crumble before their free flowing, champagne football.

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2016, 01:51 AM
The Killie fans think we are the easy touch, funnily enough, it links back to this thread, some of the comments- :greengrin:greengrin

Must have missed us battering Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, beating Rangers x 2, Hearts, Inverness.

This yin though....More Killie fans in that thread than they get at home games.

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2016, 05:49 AM

The English Championship playoff final is on at 5pm the same day as the Champions League Final and is on Sky

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2016, 06:52 AM
The English Championship playoff final is on at 5pm the same day as the Champions League Final and is on Sky

Maybe they've changed the rule again then?

Diclonius
09-05-2016, 07:02 AM

This yin though....

I remember they were pretty arrogant prior to the League Cup Final in 2007. Thought their name was on the cup. That turned out well for them.

Regardless, it's Falkirk we're playing and I am certainly not taking anything for granted.

Sean1875
09-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Maybe they've changed the rule again then?

England seem to not give a flying one to this rule though. was it not a week or two after we couldn't show the Hearts replay because of Europe they showed an FA cup replay on Sky the same night as a CL game?

SJM
09-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Mini Huns, full of ex jambos. We will pump them if we get past Falkirk.

jgl07
09-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Nobody but Scotland appears to bother with the whole broadcasting issue.

Last Wednesday when Hibs were playing away to Raith at the same time as the Real Madrid v Man City CL Semi-Final, the National League match between Dover and Forest Green was on live TV.

The SFA should tell UEFA to stuff it. That crook Platini has gone from UEFA this morning so maybe there will be change on the agenda?

vanNISHtelroy
09-05-2016, 08:08 PM

Not been on very often tbh, and when I've been on here I've been too lazy to login.

I've not been getting to many Killie games this year because of work.....Dundee Utd game on Saturday will be my third league game this season.

According to friends, since Clarke has taken over the performances have greatly improved without really getting many results......Hamilton and St Johnstone aside. Although to be fair couldn't really have got any worse!

Think it will be a tough game regardless of which of yous we play in the playoff final

Hibernia&Alba
09-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Not been on very often tbh, and when I've been on here I've been too lazy to login.

I've not been getting to many Killie games this year because of work.....Dundee Utd game on Saturday will be my third league game this season.

According to friends, since Clarke has taken over the performances have greatly improved without really getting many results......Hamilton and St Johnstone aside. Although to be fair couldn't really have got any worse!

Think it will be a tough game regardless of which of yous we play in the playoff final

Would relegation be financially disastrous for Killie, VN, or do you think you'd be okay?

vanNISHtelroy
09-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Would relegation be financially disastrous for Killie, VN, or do you think you'd be okay?

Very worrying, at AGM I think it was said that we had to improve (or at worst maintain) prize money aspect.

Don't know what would happen though....hopefully don't need to find out.

Would be difficult to get back up......Killie, Dundee Utd, Falkirk/Hibs, St Mirren, Dunfermline, Queens if they get act together again, Raith if they keep last seasons results up

Mr White
09-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Very worrying, at AGM I think it was said that we had to improve (or at worst maintain) prize money aspect.

Would be difficult to get back up......Killie, Dundee Utd, Falkirk/Hibs, St Mirren, Dunfermline, Queens if they get act together again, Raith if they keep last seasons results up
You would at least have the parachute payment in the first season but the law of diminishing returns starts to take hold if you don't come straight back up though...

Hibernia&Alba
09-05-2016, 08:24 PM

Aye, ain't that the truth :boo hoo:. It isn't nice down here!

Sir David Gray
09-05-2016, 08:53 PM

I don't recommend it.