PDA

View Full Version : Livingston relegated questions

Earl of Currie
08-05-2016, 06:38 AM
With Livingston now being relegated it raised a few questions between myself and my mates last night ,

(i) Have they anyone decent we could take on ? We thought Matthew Knox & Jordan White

(ii) Will they go into administration and slip further down the leagues.

(iii) Would Hearts or Edinburgh City(if promoted) end up using /sharing their stadium

Wouldn't mind hearing your opinions

Since90+2
08-05-2016, 06:48 AM
With Livingston now being relegated it raised a few questions between myself and my mates last night ,

(i) Have they anyone decent we could take on ? We thought Matthew Knox & Jordan White

(iii) Would Hearts or Edinburgh City(if promoted) end up using /sharing their stadium

Think the only decent player they had was Hypolite who is now at Falkirk.

Cant see Edinburgh City wanting to play out in West Lothian. They have just opened the new club / bar close to Meadowbank so will look to build around the community in that area.

J-C
08-05-2016, 07:19 AM
Think the only decent player they had was Hypolite who is now at Falkirk.

Cant see Edinburgh City wanting to play out in West Lothian. They have just opened the new club / bar close to Meadowbank so will look to build around the community in that area.

I've heard Meadowbank is getting a facelift, so I'd assume Edin City won't be moving.

Sylar
08-05-2016, 07:23 AM

Matthew Knox is a superb young player but is being touted by a lot of Premiership clubs down (Man United, Tottenham, Liverpool have all offered him trials) - he's also being chased by The Rangers.

I think there will be a concern of financial problems again, certainly attempting to sustain the club as a full time entity with the limited support and the upkeep and costs associated with such a big stadium. To my mind, they'd be better selling the stadium and allowing the council to develop the land (which they own anyway) and allow Livingston to build a smaller stadium on the outskirts of town (though their matchday experience is bad enough right now with a lack of decent pubs nearby).

Craig_HFC
08-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Delighted they're relegated, hopefully they'll go out the box.

Horrible little joke of a football club.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Take the boy white.

JimBHibees
08-05-2016, 07:29 AM

Certainly been appallingly run for years however if we are in this league next season would much rather be playing them than Stranraer.

LustForLeith
08-05-2016, 07:34 AM
I was worki at Livi earlier in the season and I heard a few people behind the scenes say if Livi were to go down this season they'd be in serious trouble...

Giro Playboy
08-05-2016, 07:39 AM

Wouldn't mind hearing your opinions You and your mates raise a lot questions on a Saturday night. The only question raised around my table was whether the new barmaid was natural or silicone....thats as intellectual as we got

As you mention it i heard last week from the owner of one of the local businesses that sponsor Livvi that they are very close to going out the box

Wilson
08-05-2016, 08:12 AM
You and your mates raise a lot questions on a Saturday night. The only question raised around my table was whether the new barmaid was natural or silicone....thats as intellectual as we got

Did you come to an agreement?

Giro Playboy
08-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Did you come to an agreement? We couldn't agree so we came to compromise and went for one of each

lucky
08-05-2016, 08:36 AM
They go into administration again. They are skint. At a recent employment tribunal they said if the award went against them they'd go into administration, the amount was only £18k. Hearts , Rangers and Hibs have kept them going for the last 2 seasons. When Hearts took 8000 their it was like 4 extra homes

biotech
08-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Would go for Jordan White, offers something different.He's worth a punt for little outlay.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2016, 10:16 AM

The last thing I want to see is another club disappear,not sure why any football fan would.

Hi Heid Yin
08-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Livingston seemed to save their best performances when playing against us. They looked tidy and efficient and were a bit of a handful. Surprising to see find them where they are.

Green Man
08-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Livingston seemed to save their best performances when playing against us. They looked tidy and efficient and were a bit of a handful. Surprising to see find them where they are.

They seemed to play well against The Rangers as well. They were able to raise their game on occasion but weren't good enough on a weekly basis. It wasn't a huge surprise to see them go down after narrowly avoiding the drop last season.

SJM
08-05-2016, 10:48 AM
What happened to that boy that scored against Rangers a Peach of a free kick last year? Hypolite or something?

Since90+2
08-05-2016, 10:50 AM
What happened to that boy that scored against Rangers a Peach of a free kick last year? Hypolite or something?

He is now at Falkirk.

spudhib
08-05-2016, 10:51 AM

He will be at ER on Tuesday playing for Falkirk prob come on as a sub.

GreenLake
08-05-2016, 10:54 AM
You and your mates raise a lot questions on a Saturday night. The only question raised around my table was whether the new barmaid was natural or silicone....thats as intellectual as we got

As you mention it i heard last week from the owner of one of the local businesses that sponsor Livvi that they are very close to going out the box

Was this the same conversation?

Smartie
08-05-2016, 10:55 AM
The last thing I want to see is another club disappear,not sure why any football fan would.

Normally I'd agree with you but this is a club who have beaten us in a cup final, beaten us in premier league games and this season have taken costly points off us, all while having an appalling grasp of what it means to pay your way in the world.

Rangers and Hearts aren't the only clubs that have mismanaged their finances in the past and Livi's haphazard approach to this transcends different directors, boards and leaders. I don't think they are a viable entity and I'd shed no tears for them if they ended up going belly-up.

We need to start getting tough with this crap in Scotland.

SJM
08-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Cheers guys never realised that. Shows how much I care about Falkirk.

RoadtoER
08-05-2016, 11:47 AM

Absolutely ridiculous wishing that on a team that has little to no bearing on us. We all know how we feel about Sevco but completely pointless wanting a team like Livingston to go bust. Do you want Scottish football to go further down the *****r? Cause teams going into admin and disappearing is certainly the way to do that...

hibby6270
08-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Would go for White. Has looked a threat when we've played them.
Would be a decent replacement for Farid imo, who is sadly to injury prone following his long spell out.

Diclonius
08-05-2016, 12:49 PM

Scored a good goal against us at Almondvale too.

Never good to see a club go out of business - another nearby team we won't be playing next season either, should we stay down.

Bishop Hibee
08-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Absolutely ridiculous wishing that on a team that has little to no bearing on us. We all know how we feel about Sevco but completely pointless wanting a team like Livingston to go bust. Do you want Scottish football to go further down the *****r? Cause teams going into admin and disappearing is certainly the way to do that...

No it isn't. They're a made-up team who've always lived beyond their means. A proper pyramid system would see well run teams take their place.

Just Jimmy
08-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Normally I'd agree with you but this is a club who have beaten us in a cup final, beaten us in premier league games and this season have taken costly points off us, all while having an appalling grasp of what it means to pay your way in the world.

Rangers and Hearts aren't the only clubs that have mismanaged their finances in the past and Livi's haphazard approach to this transcends different directors, boards and leaders. I don't think they are a viable entity and I'd shed no tears for them if they ended up going belly-up.

We need to start getting tough with this crap in Scotland.
Correct.

Throw in motherwell and Dundee plus any other tin pot cheats. Zero sympathy for any of them at all. Scotland has too many clubs anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JC94
08-05-2016, 01:11 PM

Knox is close to signing for Rangers, would take White as a back up