PDA

View Full Version : summary of ticket IT problems - other than Scottish cup

andyf5
08-05-2016, 05:42 AM
Does the club read this forum? The club has put out an announcement that everything fine and only the Scottish Cup ticket sales had IT problems. However myself and various others on here have reported other problems.

1. For the Raith away game fans were offered special delivery when buying tickets - this was wrong and fans were left to make emergency arrangements to get to Easter Road

"Is anyone still to collect their tickets from Easter Road for tonight's game?
Started by StevieC, 04-05-2016 01:51 PM
1 Deleted Post(s) You are subscribed to this thread
Thread deleted by StevieC
Reason sorted"

2. For yesterday's game Raith game at home many fans topped up their season tickets yet their card came up as invalid when trying to enter the ground. The reaction from stewards was mixed ("go to ticket office" or "sorry about that - come in")

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?310439-Season-ticket-issues-today-Well-done-stewards

3. Email confirmations of tickets for Raith and Falkirk are going missing after years of working satisfactorily

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?310467-E-mail-confirmation-from-Hibs

4. Our group going to the final was unable to get the tickets in the area we wanted after the IT issues which is really disappointing. The club have acknowledged this issue.

Ticketmaster may be telling the club that everything is fine apart from the Scottish Cup sales but the first 3 above shows it is not.

green day
08-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Does the club read this forum? The club has put out an announcement that everything fine and only the Scottish Cup ticket sales had IT problems. However myself and various others on here have reported other problems.

1. For the Raith away game fans were offered special delivery when buying tickets - this was wrong and fans were left to make emergency arrangements to get to Easter Road

"Is anyone still to collect their tickets from Easter Road for tonight's game?
Started by StevieC, 04-05-2016 01:51 PM
1 Deleted Post(s) You are subscribed to this thread
Thread deleted by StevieC
Reason sorted"

2. For yesterday's game Raith game at home many fans topped up their season tickets yet their card came up as invalid when trying to enter the ground. The reaction from stewards was mixed ("go to ticket office" or "sorry about that - come in")

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?310439-Season-ticket-issues-today-Well-done-stewards

3. Email confirmations of tickets for Raith and Falkirk are going missing after years of working satisfactorily

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?310467-E-mail-confirmation-from-Hibs

4. Our group going to the final was unable to get the tickets in the area we wanted after the IT issues which is really disappointing. The club have acknowledged this issue.

Ticketmaster may be telling the club that everything is fine apart from the Scottish Cup sales but the first 3 above shows it is not.

Yes, not sure if the system is at overload with everything going on at the moment !

Never had issues before, but after adding Falkirk to me and dads season tickets this morning, the email that came through said "unexpected error, please go back to main site"

Its fine though, because when you go into your account and look at the tickets you have bought, you can resend a confirmation email for anything you have bought.

Appreciate the point about games not being allocated to STs, sometimes the stewards need to apply common sense - it is very much dependent on the sector you are in and the supervisor on duty.

hibbycraig
08-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Yes, not sure if the system is at overload with everything going on at the moment !

Never had issues before, but after adding Falkirk to me and dads season tickets this morning, the email that came through said "unexpected error, please go back to main site"

Its fine though, because when you go into your account and look at the tickets you have bought, you can resend a confirmation email for anything you have bought.

Appreciate the point about games not being allocated to STs, sometimes the stewards need to apply common sense - it is very much dependent on the sector you are in and the supervisor on duty.

I used to work as a stewards for g4s and if your ticket won't scan there is really nothing else you can do apart from sending someone to the ticket office. If you're just letting people in who say they have paid you're leaving yourself open to trouble.

green day
08-05-2016, 08:51 AM
I used to work as a stewards for g4s and if your ticket won't scan there is really nothing else you can do apart from sending someone to the ticket office. If you're just letting people in who say they have paid you're leaving yourself open to trouble.

Surely not.....

Even if people have email confirmation showing its been added to their season ticket (which is numbered)??

That's the very lack of basic common sense I am describing!

glenn6270
08-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Had the same probs with Raith tickets no email confirmation went to ticket office early to make sure they were topped up on my season ticket

lucky
08-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Mines worked fine. But clearly there are issues with the IT system.

hibby_1875
08-05-2016, 11:17 AM

I can understand what your saying but yesterday was pretty exceptional. The queue to the TO was massive 10 mins before kick off. I had my email confirmation and it wasn't until I spoke to the 5th steward did he ask to see my season tickets and confirmation. He checked the seat numbers were the same, checked the date, time and game and let us in...common sense approach, top man!:agree:

andyf5
08-05-2016, 11:57 AM
ordered Falkirk tickets and when I go into to check it comes up with someone else's name and seat in a different stand. He has me in his friends group. Seems like ongoing IT issues.

tamig
08-05-2016, 06:30 PM
I had an issue renewing my ST. I got in before the early bird cut-off and as I sit in the FF Lower on a family deal there was an early bird discount. When you went on to the site, the price was defaulted to the full price - but there was a drop-down where you could see the discounted price. The issue was that it wouldn't allow you to select the lower price - kept reverting to the full one. I phoned Ticket Master and they suggested going to the ticket office - which I ended up doing. Bit of a pain in the arse though.

Scott Allan Key
08-05-2016, 06:42 PM
I had an issue renewing my ST. I got in before the early bird cut-off and as I sit in the FF Lower on a family deal there was an early bird discount. When you went on to the site, the price was defaulted to the full price - but there was a drop-down where you could see the discounted price. The issue was that it wouldn't allow you to select the lower price - kept reverting to the full one. I phoned Ticket Master and they suggested going to the ticket office - which I ended up doing. Bit of a pain in the arse though.

I also had issue with contact details regarding season ticket renewal and buying on my network new seasons for my two boys. The IT system asked for contact details and had apparently not processed me on the early bird because spaces weren't allowed in phone numbers. Ridiculous, had to chase Hibs up on this, and as things stand only got Zebra Finance forms on Saturday 7th May, and the ticket office promised I'd still be able to get 4 tickets for cup before last Wednesday, when I could only get one. Still not sorted out and unsure if I'll be able to get cup final tickets now.