According to the Sunday ******

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160507/544edc3ecdd6935e861b94bc8ad53382.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

madhatter
07-05-2016, 10:47 PM

Expect rumours to go into overdrive as cup final approaches.

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2016, 10:47 PM
It's almost as if we've got a huge game against Rangers coming up...

erin go bragh
07-05-2016, 10:48 PM
I smell Tom kite .

GGTTH

Thecat23
07-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Mmm, remind me again when we play The Rangers. So predicable it's embarrassing. Weegie tramps!

matty_f
07-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Mmm, remind me again when we play The Rangers. So predicable it's embarrassing. Weegie tramps!

:agree:

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2016, 10:54 PM
Boring...

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2016, 10:55 PM
Scott McDermott and Gordon Waddell have clearly just made that up today.

'Here Gogs, did you know Alan Stubbs played for Bolton? Says here on his wiki page...'

'Aye? Say, they don't have a manager at the moment, do they? You thinking what I'm thinking?'

'Belter! But we'll need some kind of secondary angle or it's just too obvious. Who were Hibs playing today?'

'Raith. Wait, we've already got some stuff written about their manager, just recycle that and hit the boozer?'

Tabloid journalism, ladies and gentlemen.

HibsNutter
07-05-2016, 10:58 PM
If he can take us to the PL, would Bolton really be much of a step up?

Michael
07-05-2016, 10:58 PM
"Exclusive"... all you need to know really.

trev the hat
07-05-2016, 10:59 PM

💤💤💤

givescotlandfreedom
07-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Weegie drivel. Bolt ya tramps.

Torto7062
07-05-2016, 11:01 PM
💤💤💤
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

snooky
07-05-2016, 11:04 PM
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

It's beyond being laughable. It's actually quite pathetic.

Jones28
07-05-2016, 11:09 PM
God, I wonder how they managed to scoop that 😳

Vini1875
07-05-2016, 11:10 PM
The McKinnon story probably comes from here. The papers did a number on Raith with the story he was off to dufc. I expect McKinnon to go there. Not sure Stubbs is likely to be in high demand until we are up.

How come no clubs fancy Neilson or Warburton?

Green Blood
07-05-2016, 11:40 PM
174million in debt, hardly inspiring!! Glasgow pish as per usual

fat freddy
08-05-2016, 12:14 AM
This article reminds me of the reasons why I stopped buying newspapers.

The Harp Awakes
08-05-2016, 12:17 AM
We need to get thick skins over the next few weeks. The Hun press will do everything in their power to destabilise Hibs. We should use it as motivation.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-05-2016, 12:26 AM
But no stories linking the manager of the team that won the division. Wonder why.

Stokesy's on fire
08-05-2016, 12:37 AM
This has to be some sort of poor effort at a wind up.

poolman
08-05-2016, 12:39 AM
Scott McDermott and Gordon Waddell........seriously 😂

DH1875
08-05-2016, 01:15 AM
How's it an exclusive? It was in the sun on Saturday :confused:

Captain Trips
08-05-2016, 01:45 AM
Strap yourself in folks paranoia probably but the best news outcome would be "the rangers" winning the cup. I can see these rags doing all they can to stir up transfers and links galore to aid "the Rangers", probably more so as we are playing better.

kaimendhibs
08-05-2016, 03:11 AM
So predictable

Nameless
08-05-2016, 05:05 AM
In the lead up to the cup final, here are my predictions;

Stubbs linked to every vacancy south of Gretna.

Cummings wants out.

McGinn is top of The Rangers summer shopping list.

Cummings demands a transfer.

The Rangers want to end Cummings "Hibs Hell".

Then some unsubstanciated drivel exposing naughty hibs fans on social media (if possible linking them to sectarianism).

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

bingo70
08-05-2016, 05:13 AM
But no stories linking the manager of the team that won the division. Wonder why.

Warburton has been linked with the Everton job?

I personally reckon the bit about Stubbs to Bolton is true, new owners, he's got a history at that club, possibly quite a similar job to he had here and likely to be within their budget.

Do people really believe papers make up stories just to unsettle the team? Nonsense IMO

weonlywon6-2
08-05-2016, 06:20 AM
If we don't go up or win the cup they can have him 😆😆

Nameless
08-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Do people really believe papers make up stories just to unsettle the team? Nonsense IMO

Yes.

Is it a coincidence that these stories only surface before a big game against the zombie Huns?

bingo70
08-05-2016, 06:24 AM
Yes.

Is it a coincidence that these stories only surface before a big game against the zombie Huns?

Why is there speculation in the papers about warburton going to Everton then? Are the press trying to unsettle both sides?

Keith_M
08-05-2016, 06:34 AM

Cummings wants out.

Then some unsubstanciated drivel exposing naughty hibs fans on social media (if possible linking them to sectarianism).

Cummings has already been liked to Coventry City. They're apparently 'preparing' a £1million bid.

Presumably 'preparing' the bid means counting it first.

hibsbollah
08-05-2016, 06:35 AM

Cummings wants out.

you forgot 'Stubbs in Anti Semitic Slur Scandal'...

Giro Playboy
08-05-2016, 06:38 AM
BBC Manchester

Northampton's Chris Wilder is Bolton's preferred choice to be their next manager, BBC Radio Manchester reports.
The 48-year-old ex-Oxford manager has guided the Cobblers to promotion from League Two (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35946895) this season, after a series of financial problems at the club.
Wilder is currently on a one-year rolling contract with the League Two side.
Jimmy Phillips has been in charge of Bolton since Neil Lennon left in March but could not prevent relegation.
Wanderers chairman Ken Anderson said on Monday that the club had a shortlist of three managers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36030395) from applications they had received and hoped to make an appointment soon.
The Championship's bottom side have also confirmed that assistant manager Steve Walford and first-team coach Garry Parker have left the club.

bingo70
08-05-2016, 06:42 AM
IF the story is true would you be happy with Ray McKinnon as his replacement?

Not the most exciting appointment but I thought he'd be a good appointment for utd so why not us? If we stay down it probably makes sense to have someone in charge that knows the division.

Doubt it'd get the season tickets flying out the door but if he does well that'd take care of itself.

ALF TUPPER
08-05-2016, 06:50 AM
Bolton are a mess. If ( big if ) Stubbsy was to go it won't be there. He won't put himself through that again.

Anyhoo. I don't see him leave. I honestly think he'll stay til he gets us up and has a bash against premiership.

As others have said. Weegie Hun loving press in mischief making sensation before Hibs play them. ( it's what they do )

Nothing to see here folks.

STUBBSY STUBBSY !! 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Carheenlea
08-05-2016, 06:54 AM
Newspapers have never been less relevant. Best ignored, like millions of former readers now do.

Nameless
08-05-2016, 06:54 AM
Why is there speculation in the papers about warburton going to Everton then? Are the press trying to unsettle both sides?
Occasionally, they do report facts.

SunshineOnLeith
08-05-2016, 06:58 AM

What sells more papers, and generates more website clicks?

'Hibs 2-0 Raith'

'Bolton to swoop for Stubbs, Hibs chase Raith manager as replacement (oh yeah, and they played each other or something? )'

If there was anything to a story like that it would be in the press around Bolton. Two Daily Record hacks do not have 'Exclusive' sources inside Bolton.

bingo70
08-05-2016, 07:00 AM

Think we all know warburton is unlikely to be the new Everton manager so I think it's a bit hasty to be calling it a fact.

Newspapers hear rumours, they check them out and they print the story if they think the source is credible.

The idea they have got a vendetta against clubs like ours and risk whatever credibility they've got to unsettle us is just nonsense.

If that was the plan they wouldn't be putting mckinnons name in the story, they'd have just said Stubbs was off and left it at that.

bingo70
08-05-2016, 07:01 AM
What sells more papers, and generates more website clicks?

'Hibs 2-0 Raith'

'Bolton to swoop for Stubbs, Hibs chase Raith manager as replacement (oh yeah, and they played each other or something? )'

If there was anything to a story like that it would be in the press around Bolton. Two Daily Record hacks do not have 'Exclusive' sources inside Bolton.

Might have sources within Hibs though (or even
Stubbs himself)

Enough said
08-05-2016, 07:03 AM

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk Please be true I will hold the door open for you Alan

SunshineOnLeith
08-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Might have sources within Hibs though (or even
Stubbs himself)

How would anyone at Hibs know if Stubbs is high on their list of potential candidates?

The red tops should be treated like what they are, comics.

JimBHibees
08-05-2016, 07:07 AM
The McKinnon story probably comes from here. The papers did a number on Raith with the story he was off to dufc. I expect McKinnon to go there. Not sure Stubbs is likely to be in high demand until we are up.

Agree especially magic hat. I have heard King isn't releasing much transfer kitty this summer and Bread man will be off if that is the case. Surely our intrepid investigative reporters could run that story.

JimBHibees
08-05-2016, 07:08 AM
Please be true I will hold the door open for you Alan

Comment has yam all over it given the stage of the season.

Nameless
08-05-2016, 07:08 AM
Think we all know warburton is unlikely to be the new Everton manager so I think it's a bit hasty to be calling it a fact.

Fact should have been in quotations. It's hard to convey glib, without emojis.

I don't think anyone has a vendetta against Hibs. I do think that lazy, hun loving mouthpieces with a platform to spew their nonsense, never miss an opportunity to unsettle whoever stands between The Rangers and their rightful place at the top of Scottish football. It's almost a backhanded compliment, as they clearly see us as a threat.

bingo70
08-05-2016, 07:09 AM
How would anyone at Hibs know if Stubbs is high on their list of potential candidates?

The red tops should be treated like what they are, comics.

I'd assume Bolton would notify us if they were intending to speak to Stubbs.

If we are going to gazump Dundee Utd for McKinnon we will need to act quickly so I think it could be something that's agreed in advance of Stubbs leaving.

Enough said
08-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Comment has yam all over it given the stage of the season. season ticket holder not a yam... Mangers times out for me am afraid

Giro Playboy
08-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Wanderers chairman Ken Anderson said on Monday that the club had a shortlist of three managers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36030395) from applications they had received . So if the Mails report is true and looking at what the chairman is saying Stubbs must have actually applied for the Bolton job..

JimBHibees
08-05-2016, 07:14 AM
season ticket holder not a yam... Mangers times out for me am afraid

Not yet still things to win.

Colr
08-05-2016, 07:15 AM

Anyne would think there's a game with Rangers coming up.

Maybe the Edinburgh papers should run stories about Warburton in the run up.

Enough said
Not yet still things to win. correct

Libby Hibby

Hibs supporter for over 35 years, aye?

J-C
08-05-2016, 07:17 AM
And you all think Stubbs would agree to go to Bolton before he knows if we've got promotion or won the cup yet :confused:

Enough said
08-05-2016, 07:17 AM
Hibs supporter for over 35 years, aye? yes and your point is??

Pete
08-05-2016, 07:18 AM

Very harsh.

Libby Hibby
08-05-2016, 07:20 AM
yes and your point is??

My point is that everyone on here accused of being a Yam always respond by saying they are current ST holder who have supported the club for over 35 years...not trying to dig you out, just an observation I have.

J-C
08-05-2016, 07:22 AM
March 2016, there's something about that month on this site, can't quite put my finger on it.

Enough said
08-05-2016, 07:23 AM
My point is that everyone on here accused of being a Yam always respond by saying they are current ST holder who have supported the club for over 35 years...not trying to dig you out, just an observation I have.
Why do you think am a yam when am not a fan of our current manager??? Albeit we are in the Scottish cup final and the next round of the play offs, but his tactual decisions lack of subbs during a game and his all round interviews regarding other teams refs and pitches I think he is finding the pressure, this league should of been won!! You enjoy your yam hunting

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2016, 07:35 AM

When he could still get us promoted and win the cup aye?

Libby Hibby
08-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Why do you think am a yam when am not a fan of our current manager??? Albeit we are in the Scottish cup final and the next round of the play offs, but his tactual decisions lack of subbs during a game and his all round interviews regarding other teams refs and pitches I think he is finding the pressure, this league should of been won!! You enjoy your yam hunting

I didn't say I thought you were a Yam

Bostonhibby
08-05-2016, 07:39 AM
Warburton to Barcelona, Neilson to Ibrox with Potter as his assistant and Peter Houston as style guru, you heard it here first though I am pretty sure the daily ******s finest newshound was onto the story from the beginning.

Bostonhibby
08-05-2016, 07:43 AM

Most subsequently outed yams have claimed to be hibs fans for over 40 years though:confused:

Sean1875
08-05-2016, 07:43 AM

say we win the SC and get promoted. still wanting him sacked?

green day
08-05-2016, 07:46 AM
his all round interviews regarding other teams refs and pitches I think he is finding the pressure

Watch his Hibs TV interview where he talks about how the press portray us - also, he said yesterday in post match interview that he and McKinnon had discussed how both of their views had been twisted.

The press love all this "Hibs are a big club languishing in div 1" stuff - add to that the falkirk story, punching above their weight etc and its happy days for journos.

When so many people are looking for us to fall on our faces, we need to be together.

And no matter how much we do, no matter that we have reached 2 cup finals and are in with a shout for promotion, if we slip up at all, they will say we have screwed it up (or use that jambo phrase discussed on here the other day).

We cannae win (unless we win :greengrin)

So, whatever he says and whatever the papers print - I think Stubbs is playing it just right.

Bostonhibby
08-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Watch his Hibs TV interview where he talks about how the press portray us - also, he said yesterday in post match interview that he and McKinnon had discussed how both of their views had been twisted.

The press love all this "Hibs are a big club languishing in div 1" stuff - add to that the falkirk story, punching above their weight etc and its happy days for journos.

When so many people are looking for us to fall on our faces, we need to be together.

And no matter how much we do, no matter that we have reached 2 cup finals and are in with a shout for promotion, if we slip up at all, they will say we have screwed it up (or use that jambo phrase discussed on here the other day).

So, whatever he says and whatever the papers print - I think Stubbs is playing it just right.

:top marks Very well reasoned contribution, so much more relevant to where we currently are than chucking a headline from the ****** into the mix whilst attacking the manager at the same time, just when we should be getting behind the club when we still have a lot to play for.

Giro Playboy
Most subsequently outed yams have claimed to be hibs fans for over 40 years though:confused: Thats because most ''outed yams'' are actually Hibbies with very few posts so when they disagree with somebody with thousands of posts the lazy argument is ''you must be a yam''

JimBHibees
Most subsequently outed yams have claimed to be hibs fans for over 40 years though:confused:

Indeed Watson:hmmm: :greengrin

Leithenhibby
08-05-2016, 07:54 AM

:agree:

JimBHibees
08-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Thats because most ''outed yams'' are actually Hibbies with very few posts so when they disagree with somebody with thousands of posts the lazy argument is ''you must be a yam''

Or they are so bitter after we pumped them out the cup some decided to join this site in March 2016 to stir up and troll after apparently taking no online interest in the club they claim to have supported for 40 years. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
08-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Indeed Watson:hmmm: :greengrin

Mind you there's bound to be some cleverer ones.

Those would be the ones who didn't give share money (cash only) to that nice Romanov man who was going to build the megasuperhotelstadium and win the Champions League by 2008 and do it all with just the Poppy money.

JimBHibees
08-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Mind you there's bound to be some cleverer ones.

Those would be the ones who didn't give share money (cash only) to that nice Romanov man who was going to build the megasuperhotelstadium and win the Champions League by 2008 and do it all with just the Poppy money.

Taking that too far. :greengrin

Waxy
08-05-2016, 07:58 AM

Your getting launched.

Thecat23
08-05-2016, 08:02 AM
yes and your point is??

Prob that some think your lying?

J-C
08-05-2016, 08:03 AM
Prob that some think your lying?

Enough said :greengrin

Enough said
08-05-2016, 08:06 AM
Yawn 💤💤💤💤

Bostonhibby
08-05-2016, 08:06 AM
Thats because most ''outed yams'' are actually Hibbies with very few posts so when they disagree with somebody with thousands of posts the lazy argument is ''you must be a yam''

You could well be right, personally I am basing my opinion on what I read on threads / profiles of people who have been booted for the reasons given.

Prefer a good bit of debate or a laugh where I disagree with someone rather than saying "you must be a yam", in fact I think this is the first time I have seen that particular quote.

At times like we are in at the moment it's hardly surprising to see extreme reactions at the other end of the spectrum or is it just fair game to post one line having a go at the manager right now? not for some.

The Green Goblin
08-05-2016, 08:08 AM

Deary me.

Libby Hibby
08-05-2016, 08:08 AM

Haha 😂

Waxy
08-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Yawn 💤💤💤💤
Even if you didnt fancy Stubbs, no Hibby in their right mind could want to stir up any "Stubbs out" stuff at this point just as we're going into one if the biggest fortnights in our history. Your just a yam frightened stiff that we might get promoted And/or win the Scottish cup.

staunchhibby
08-05-2016, 08:14 AM
Make sure you close the door as you leave.

Libby Hibby
08-05-2016, 08:17 AM
Even if you didnt fancy Stubbs, no Hibby in their right mind could want to stir up any "Stubbs out" stuff at this point just as we're going into one if the biggest fortnights in our history. Your just a yam frightened stiff that we might get promoted And/or win the Scottish cup.

Hearts fans, in general, are papping it of any Hibs success this season and each time we clear a hurdle their seethe and jealousy become more evident.

We have had a successful season to date, our cup runs, semi final of play offs, 2 cup finals, beating premiership sides but any slip up, any thing at all and watch the negative Hibs talk all resurfacing. No one is currently giving us any credit, even some of our own fans but are quite happy to write and comment on speculation and twist any press statement from our club into making us sound cocky etc....it does my heid in

Enough said
08-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Haha 😂come and introduce yourself to me on Tuesday night at Easter road?? If you want my seat no??? Just so you know am not a yam

The Green Goblin
08-05-2016, 08:24 AM

Stubbs may still get us promoted and win the Scottish Cup. However, this poster has said he will "hold the door open" for him on the way out in response to a bs DR article designed to unsettle us. I didn't necessarily think they were a yam, but something like that is always going to provoke a response.

And your first point isn't true by the way. There's quite a few "Hibbies with very few posts" who have "left by mutual consent" with maroon lines through their names in the last few months. The admins are pretty clued up when it comes to strange smells in the room.

Diclonius
08-05-2016, 08:26 AM
No. Not this time. **** off, Huns. You've crossed the line when your short sighted trophy gluttony decides it's going to come between us and the ****ing Scottish Cup.

They're getting ****ed.

The_Horde
08-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Person who wrote the article is a Falkirk fan. Make of that what you will..

LaMotta
08-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Gordon Waddell is a Falkirk fan, so there is another timely reason for this to emerge!

bingo70
08-05-2016, 08:30 AM
There's some right paranoid nonsense on this thread.

I thought the Celtic fans were bad for it!

bingo70
08-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Gordon Waddell is a Falkirk fan, so there is another timely reason for this to emerge!

What about the poster on the pm board that told us about this during the week?

Falkirk fan, Rangers fan, mischievous journalist or could there maybe actually be some truth in the story?

Diclonius
08-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Person who wrote the article is a Falkirk fan. Make of that what you will..

Jesus, how many fans do they have? Feels like they already comprise half the Championship refereeing officials.

LaMotta
08-05-2016, 08:36 AM
What about the poster on the pm board that told us about this during the week?

Falkirk fan, Rangers fan, mischievous journalist or could there maybe actually be some truth in the story?

Yeah very well could be, was just pointing out that Falkirk game could be more valid a reason than Rangers game for an unsettling story, if thats what it was.

The Green Goblin
08-05-2016, 08:39 AM
There's some right paranoid nonsense on this thread.

I thought the Celtic fans were bad for it!

There's a long history of this though, of journos printing nonsense before a big game against one of the ugly sisters, to cause a bit of hassle. You know this is true. So there may be some truth in it, as you said, but the fact that this is so common also means folk are not being paranoid.

Libby Hibby
08-05-2016, 08:41 AM
come and introduce yourself to me on Tuesday night at Easter road?? If you want my seat no??? Just so you know am not a yam

For the second time, I never called you a Yam, what I was saying, was the people who get accused of being yams on here invariably respond to said accuser by either having a current ST or have been a hibby for a very long time, standard is over 35 years, or sometimes the response covers both. That is not me calling you a Yam but an observation to what people say when they are accused of being one...but for the sport of it, where do you sit so I can come introduce myself

SJM
08-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Wouldn't be too disappointed with the swap and some cash but it will be a load of ***** to distract us.

Hibernia&Alba
08-05-2016, 08:44 AM
A poor attempt to unsettle us before the cup final. Expect this to be constantly brought up at press conferences etc.

Third tier Bolton? Nah, I don't think so.

Bishop Hibee
08-05-2016, 08:44 AM
The Scottish weegja in crisis. Falling circulation, more incisive and 'in the know' info on social media and dinosaur journalists.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2016, 08:54 AM
get beat by Falkirk and Sevco and he will be out the door and rightly so in my opinion, win the cup and get promoted and he will probably leave with his stock high.

Either way we probably wont see much more of him at Easter Road, please let it be the 2nd scenario. :worried:

Hibernia&Alba
08-05-2016, 08:57 AM
get beat by Falkirk and Sevco and he will be out the door and rightly so in my opinion, win the cup and get promoted and he will probably leave with his stock high.

Either way we probably wont see much more of him at Easter Road, please let it be the 2nd scenario. :worried:

Do you think he'll leave, even if we get promoted? It would need to be a good offer in England in that case; certainly not the likes of Bolton.

J-C
08-05-2016, 08:58 AM

Dunno G, if he gets us up he'll fancy at least one season in the premiership against Hearts, Celtic, Huns and Aberdeen.

The Green Goblin
08-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Do you think he'll leave, even if we get promoted? It would need to be a good offer in England in that case; certainly not the likes of Bolton.

There's a rumour growing legs that he's away regardless. I obviously have no idea if that is true or not. As far as sacking him is concerned, I suppose the weird one would be if he didn't get promotion but won the cup. I think we would see a split opinion and meltdown of sorts on here if that happened.

CentreLine
08-05-2016, 09:03 AM

Opinions eh?

What I see is a man who came to a basket case of a club with fresh ideas and a great personality, I see him having worked, with others, to make root and branch changes to get us back on track. I see a club moving in the right direction in an era in Scottish football when a quick fix is well nigh impossible. I see some quality in our team for the first time in many years and a manager (head coach) who seems to work with understanding with the whole squad as well as with the board. I see a team, still being built, in touching distance of the principal objective of promotion and having given us the thrill of reaching two naional cup finals. I see a head coach that has the respect of the players and who I am prepared to cut some slack in the event that we fail to get promoted.

What's not to like?

I suppose I feel that there are many more players that I have watched play for us who I would wish to have seen immortalised as SC winners but if this manager puts a team on the park that wins the Scottish Cup our club will not be able to match the offers he will get from elsewhere and his players will deserve the immortalisation. We have some gems in our squad though and AS has an eye for a player that suggests we will see nothing but addition and improvement. As it stands, from where we were on his arrival, he has achieved as much as most of our past managers with largely inferior squads and deserves our credit and support.

All IMO of course.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2016, 09:04 AM

I do think he will be off sooner or later yes. He's not really done anything yet has he, and Neil Lemon went to Bolton and he'd won EVERYTHING in Scotland and had some wonderful European results.

I dont think Bolton are after him anyway, and Everton certainly are not either, but there would be a smallish club maybe with a little ambition willing to take a chance on him should he achieve a cup win or a promotion. (hopefully both)

And Stubbs must know his popularity is getting smaller, and if he got the chance to leave us on a high i think he'd jump at the chance.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 09:10 AM
I do think he will be off sooner or later yes. He's not really done anything yet has he, and Neil Lemon went to Bolton and he'd won EVERYTHING in Scotland and had some wonderful European results.

I dont think Bolton are after him anyway, and Everton certainly are not either, but there would be a smallish club maybe with a little ambition willing to take a chance on him should he achieve a cup win or a promotion. (hopefully both)

And Stubbs must know his popularity is getting smaller, and if he got the chance to leave us on a high i think he'd jump at the chance.
Like Fleetwood Town, caveman hasn't exactly set the heather on fire with them

LancashireHibby
08-05-2016, 09:11 AM
174million in debt, hardly inspiring!! Glasgow pish as per usual
Not any more, the debt was written off when the new owners came in a few months ago. That said, money is still tight as we've still got some players on big contracts and look to be trying to live within our means rather than relying on someone chucking cash in to fill the gaps (hence the debt that built up with the previous owner). I was talking to a few of the BWFC press lot on the tube going to the game at Fulham yesterday and there was no mention of Stubbs at all, and he might not necessarily be a popular choice anyway given the circumstances of his departure as a player as I've posted on here previously.

Smartie
08-05-2016, 09:19 AM

He's not, but give it a fortnight. That might change.

poolman
08-05-2016, 09:21 AM

What's a " Manger "

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Like Fleetwood Town, caveman hasn't exactly set the heather on fire with them

I wouldn't rule them out should they get rid of that tramp, they have a very wealthy owner? :dunno:

BoltonHibee
08-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Holdsworth and Anderson no longer speak, they both have different ideas on who should be the next manager. Whilst the debt was written off at the time of the take over, Bolton do not have a pot to piss in. The next manager will be someone that is not employed at the time as they cannot afford any, and I mean any compo. The Stubbs story is absolute garbage.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't rule them out should they get rid of that tramp, they have a very wealthy owner? :dunno:

He's hardly done a decent job, saved them from relegation

pennyhibee
08-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Yeah very well could be, was just pointing out that Falkirk game could be more valid a reason than Rangers game for an unsettling story, if thats what it was.
Nail on the head .Gordon Waddel ( ?) is a well known falkirk fan and they want to be in the premier league just as much as us Stubbs to bolton or anywhere is no....let's give him more time than Mowbray and M c Leish and he will i'm sure build us a very good team .Anyway it's just another stupid story from the record ,let's all stop bitching at each other . By the way iv'e supported Hibs for 54 years and i'm not a yam:na na::na na::na na:

Waxy
08-05-2016, 09:42 AM
What's a " Manger "

Its what Jesus was away in.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2016, 09:44 AM
He's hardly done a decent job, saved them from relegation

Not yet, Blackpool could maybe stay up if they win today and Fleetwood lose. Personally i'd like Fleetwood to stay up, it will wind the F out of all these Blackpool fans who thought they were Barcelona for one season and think they should still be there in the Premiership. :greengrin

s.a.m
08-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Opinions eh?

What I see is a man who came to a basket case of a club with fresh ideas and a great personality, I see him having worked, with others, to make root and branch changes to get us back on track. I see a club moving in the right direction in an era in Scottish football when a quick fix is well nigh impossible. I see some quality in our team for the first time in many years and a manager (head coach) who seems to work with understanding with the whole squad as well as with the board. I see a team, still being built, in touching distance of the principal objective of promotion and having given us the thrill of reaching two naional cup finals. I see a head coach that has the respect of the players and who I am prepared to cut some slack in the event that we fail to get promoted.

What's not to like?

I suppose I feel that there are many more players that I have watched play for us who I would wish to have seen immortalised as SC winners but if this manager puts a team on the park that wins the Scottish Cup our club will not be able to match the offers he will get from elsewhere and his players will deserve the immortalisation. We have some gems in our squad though and AS has an eye for a player that suggests we will see nothing but addition and improvement. As it stands, from where we were on his arrival, he has achieved as much as most of our past managers with largely inferior squads and deserves our credit and support.

All IMO of course.

Acht......me too. I'm keeping my head below the parapet, though.:hide::greengrin
He's definitely made mistakes, he's far from the finished article, and I'm disappointed we didn't finish in second place. However, when our train crash of a team went down at the worst time in the history of Scottish football to get relegated, it looked to me like a 3yr sentence - many on here thought we were going down again, and heading to oblivion. Obviously, hoped we would manage to get up through the play-offs, but pulling that off is quite a feat, and the odds are against the Championship team. While getting beat in cup finals is gutting, getting there is a huge achievement, and one which benefits the club financially. It looks on here sometimes like it would have been better to sneak out in the 1/4 finals, rather than go all the way, because it would have generated less negativity.

Perhaps I've just lost energy for outrage, but I'm pleased (in general) with the general direction the club and team are headed in, and I like the team again. Mainly. I would much rather we stuck with the rebuilding programme, rather than start again with a new manager, and the inevitable clear-out / bulk-buying that seems to go with. If were Leeann, I'd be wanting to be assured he has a concrete plan to deal with the goal-scoring problem, and that he also has a convincing plan to improve consistency, and I'd be giving him another season. I'd be telling him to keep his mouth shut, though...

Anyways, back into hiding :hide:

08-05-2016, 10:07 AM
The Daily Hun stirring up hibs rumours ahead of a big hibs v rangers final - shock ****ing horror :rolleyes:

jgl07
08-05-2016, 10:08 AM
It doesn't really matter. You post total boll*cks.

snooky
08-05-2016, 10:15 AM

Like Ruth Davidson won the election :wink:

emerald green
08-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Or they are so bitter after we pumped them out the cup some decided to join this site in March 2016 to stir up and troll after apparently taking no online interest in the club they claim to have supported for 40 years. :greengrin

There was definitely an increase in new joiners around that time. Pure coincidence maybe? :hmmm:

rcarter1
08-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Acht......me too. I'm keeping my head below the parapet, though.:hide::greengrin
He's definitely made mistakes, he's far from the finished article, and I'm disappointed we didn't finish in second place. However, when our train crash of a team went down at the worst time in the history of Scottish football to get relegated, it looked to me like a 3yr sentence - many on here thought we were going down again, and heading to oblivion. Obviously, hoped we would manage to get up through the play-offs, but pulling that off is quite a feat, and the odds are against the Championship team. While getting beat in cup finals is gutting, getting there is a huge achievement, and one which benefits the club financially. It looks on here sometimes like it would have been better to sneak out in the 1/4 finals, rather than go all the way, because it would have generated less negativity.

Perhaps I've just lost energy for outrage, but I'm pleased (in general) with the general direction the club and team are headed in, and I like the team again. Mainly. I would much rather we stuck with the rebuilding programme, rather than start again with a new manager, and the inevitable clear-out / bulk-buying that seems to go with. If were Leeann, I'd be wanting to be assured he has a concrete plan to deal with the goal-scoring problem, and that he also has a convincing plan to improve consistency, and I'd be giving him another season. I'd be telling him to keep his mouth shut, though...

Anyways, back into hiding :hide:

Im about the same with this. One irritation from Hibs over the years is when managers play victim. Its a big privilege and very competitive, so heat and kitchens spring to mind. Any manager in the professional game is being paid a wage to maximise their clubs success. Inexperienced managers with ambition should be accepting that they are on a massive learning curve - and that means being open to criticism and embracing outside ideas. For Stubbs and the team - the elephant in the room is lack of goals. Stand up and address this, and our team could be a really great side.

The_Horde
08-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Jesus, how many fans do they have? Feels like they already comprise half the Championship refereeing officials.

I work with a guy who grew up with him. Defo a bairn.

emerald green
08-05-2016, 10:24 AM
As far as the guff in the Record is concerned - tomorrows fish & chips wrapper. :yawn:

lapsedhibee
08-05-2016, 10:31 AM

No true Hibby would know how to spell albeit correctly.

emerald green
08-05-2016, 10:38 AM

Maybe because your spelling and grammar are both about Yam standard? I've highlighted the bits in bold. :aok:

Giro Playboy
08-05-2016, 10:39 AM
I don't think AS will go to Bolton but I do think he will be away at the end of the season.
If he makes our dreams come true he will be off with a healthy looking cv.
If the worst possible seranio occurs I reckon he will be invited to walk before he is pushed.

SJM
08-05-2016, 10:46 AM
I don't think AS will go to Bolton but I do think he will be away at the end of the season.
If he makes our dreams come true he will be off with a healthy looking cv.
If the worst possible seranio occurs I reckon he will be invited to walk before he is pushed.

Have to agree with that. I think we will be on the lookout for a new manager regardless.

J-C
08-05-2016, 11:08 AM
It doesn't really matter. You post total boll*cks.

Who rattled your ****ing cage, the wife no give you any last night eh? erse.

superfurryhibby
08-05-2016, 11:17 AM
There was definitely an increase in new joiners around that time. Pure coincidence maybe? :hmmm:

They are noticeably absent from the likes of the Albert Kidd thread etc.

FWIW, I imagine Stubbs will be off, if the right offer comes in etc. That's a big if though. Failure to get promoted or win the cup, he won't exactly be as marketable. Bolton would be a fair challenge and would suit his family circumstances.

In my view his team has yet to equal the sum of it's parts and there are questions around his ability to blend talent. It's been a steep learning curve and has asked a lot of fledgling coach. The next (hopefully) fve games will decide if he got it right or not, beacuse at the moment there is no definitive evidence either way.

Smartie
08-05-2016, 11:24 AM

FWIW, I imagine Stubbs will be off, if the right offer comes in etc. That's a big if though. Failure to get promoted or win the cup, he won't exactly be as marketable. Bolton would be a fair challenge and would suit his family circumstances.

In my view his team has yet to equal the sum of it's parts and there are questions around his ability to blend talent. It's been a steep learning curve and has asked a lot of fledgling coach. The next (hopefully) fve games will decide if he got it right or not, beacuse at the moment there is no definitive evidence either way.

I think he'd quite fancy Bolton.

It's a job that is not unlike the one he has had here - re-building a club from the ground up.

He'd surely be cut a bit of slack because of the disastrous few seasons they've had leading up to this point.

He'll also fancy his chances of building a team on a relative shoestring based on the knowledge he has of players up here. He could get reliable performers like Lewis and McGeouch for what is buttons in English football money.

Stubbs might want to stay for a bit if we go up but we shouldn't delude ourselves about the fact that as it stands we're not even a top 2 club in the Scottish Championship. This is a poor level and if he has any ambition whatsoever won't fancy hanging around for long (and that's before you get onto the family issue).

emerald green
08-05-2016, 11:25 AM

I can't really disagree with much of this, whether it would be Bolton or not who knows, but he will do what's right for himself and his family if the right offer comes along.

Much will depend on whether or not Hibs can make it up through the play-offs. Not just Stubbs' future depends on that outcome IMHO.

Onion
08-05-2016, 11:29 AM
When we were competing with the Huns for the league, it was Celtic. Now that door's closed, lo and behold, it's Bolton. But the Breadman is happily in love with his new job and no one wants him, apparently.

Winston Ingram
08-05-2016, 11:32 AM
This would be fantastic. Get a fee for him rather than pay him off:bye:

Thecat23
08-05-2016, 11:37 AM
This would be fantastic. Get a fee for him rather than pay him off:bye:

How can you say this when he could win us a cup and get us up?? Take it your another that no matter what in your eyes he's never going to be good enough.

northstandhibby
08-05-2016, 11:38 AM
There's a long history of this though, of journos printing nonsense before a big game against one of the ugly sisters, to cause a bit of hassle. You know this is true. So there may be some truth in it, as you said, but the fact that this is so common also means folk are not being paranoid.

They've been doing this for a long long time. Fortunately with the advent of social media fans can state their own opinions. I think big Stubbsy will in due course move on to a club with big money to spend. Based on his stature, his persona when talking with media and very probably has a lot of respect in football for his playing career. However he will do it in the right way when the time is right.

First up he has promotion and the cup to win. :aok:

Ronniekirk
08-05-2016, 12:10 PM

Seems there is more interest in our Manager who has won nothing but has potential and compensation to pay us wont be huge amount
Think the fact he has got us to two cup finals when we are in the championship will mean he will be on some clubs radar
However if he wins us the cup or gets us promoted or both i think someone will come in for him
But Stubbs will only go to a club he thinks can further his career

500miles
08-05-2016, 12:21 PM
I'd be gutted to see Stubbs go. He is entirely optimistic, refuses to play the blame game, and sticks his neck out to talk up our club. East Mains sounds like a great place to be, and even with the cup run taking a toll on our league form, there would have been plenty of people who would take two cup finals and a playoff semi over first place alone, and no one with any ambition swapping our season for Falkirks.

If there's anyone I reckon can take over his good work and continue the positive ethos, its Stuart McCall or, as an outsider, Boozy.

Hibeewilly
08-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Opinions eh?

What's not to like?

All IMO of course.
Excellent post CL which I agree with 100%. Stubbsy and his team deserve our full backing at the moment and nothing less. Where all these negatives come from on various threads after the season we have had beggars belief IMHO. AS is on a learning curve and will make mistakes but when you compare our situation now to where we were when he came in well there is no comparison. I just wish the stay away fans would come back and get behind the team - that crowd yesterday (bearing in mind there were 1600 Raith fans there) was shocking for a game of that magnitude. Lets hope it's better on Tuesday

ScottB
08-05-2016, 12:31 PM
When we were competing with the Huns for the league, it was Celtic. Now that door's closed, lo and behold, it's Bolton. But the Breadman is happily in love with his new job and no one wants him, apparently.

Nobody ever did want him, press made up rumours to keep Rangers fans feeling like they were an important club that people south of the border still pay attention to.

CABBAGEMAD
08-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Opinions eh?

What's not to like?

All IMO of course.
I am with you 100% fantastic post :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
08-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Seems there is more interest in our Manager who has won nothing but has potential and compensation to pay us wont be huge amount
Think the fact he has got us to two cup finals when we are in the championship will mean he will be on some clubs radar
However if he wins us the cup or gets us promoted or both i think someone will come in for him
But Stubbs will only go to a club he thinks can further his career
Agree. Vinni makes a good point. Both them have risen as far as they ever will, even allowing for the Scottish media love in a bigger gig isn't coming their way. Neilsons goose will be cooked as soon as the sfa finish paying up potter

hibs69
08-05-2016, 02:00 PM
No one gives a flying fk about the Stubbs to Bolton story anymore........., we just want to know if Enough Said is going to give LibbyHibby his seat number. Come on, man......, out with it!

Bostonhibby
08-05-2016, 02:07 PM
No one gives a flying fk about the Stubbs to Bolton story anymore........., we just want to know if Enough Said is going to give LibbyHibby his seat number. Come on, man......, out with it!
We could do a raffle on the number?[emoji6]

ALF TUPPER
08-05-2016, 02:09 PM

👍🏻

Lago
08-05-2016, 02:44 PM
I think he will move at the end of this season irrespective of whether cup is won or promotion achieved. Just a feeling I have, nothing else.

The_Exile
08-05-2016, 02:48 PM
I think he and the players love the club, love working with each other and will be here next season.

Ozyhibby
08-05-2016, 02:52 PM

I think he will move at the end of this season irrespective of whether cup is won or promotion achieved. Just a feeling I have, nothing else.

Nah, some folk keep the same seat for years without a second thought for cup wins.

jgl07
08-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Just because this is quoting the Scottish tabloids, is it necessary for the title to make no sense whatsoever? Stubbsie off the Bolton?

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-05-2016, 04:07 PM
My father in law was golfing & dining with one half of the journalists responsible for the rag's article.

I asked him to call me when he was with him to defend his story and answer a few questions. Needless to say he's not called me back.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Northernhibee
08-05-2016, 04:07 PM
I'd be gutted to see Stubbs go. He is entirely optimistic, refuses to play the blame game, and sticks his neck out to talk up our club. East Mains sounds like a great place to be, and even with the cup run taking a toll on our league form, there would have been plenty of people who would take two cup finals and a playoff semi over first place alone, and no one with any ambition swapping our season for Falkirks.

If there's anyone I reckon can take over his good work and continue the positive ethos, its Stuart McCall or, as an outsider, Boozy.

This. Quality post.

Zazu62
08-05-2016, 04:36 PM
We are due someone a cup final thrashing . I really hope it's on the 21st of May . Please god let it happen

Libby Hibby
08-05-2016, 05:30 PM

I'm no mystic meg but I can't see it coming any time soon 😃

Just Alf
08-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Make it a wee meet in BTG and I can chaperone! ..... beers all round... a win win!!

GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
08-05-2016, 05:40 PM
I'm no mystic meg but I can't see it coming any time soon 😃

Looks to me you've called his bluff. If he doesn't get back surely we know he's a yam?

emerald green
08-05-2016, 05:45 PM
I see another of the March 2016 intake has "Left by mutual consent." :bye:

The Green Goblin
08-05-2016, 05:56 PM
I see another of the March 2016 intake has "Left by mutual consent." :bye:

"Left by mutual consent" is so polite. I miss the days of "faxed back to Kaunas" and "I've been launched cos I'm a yam fud". :greengrin

hibs69
08-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Looks to me you've called his bluff. If he doesn't get back surely we know he's a yam?

He may be doing what I'm doing with a Hibs v Ross County Cup Final parking ticket........., closing his eyes and hoping it will go away.

emerald green
08-05-2016, 05:58 PM
"Left by mutual consent" is so polite. I miss the days of "faxed back to Kaunas" and "I've been launched cos I'm a yam fud". :greengrin

:agree: :aok:

Captain Trips
08-05-2016, 06:13 PM
No matter what happens I am not bothered if he goes as finishing 3rd in this league irrespective of play off results or cup result puts massive question marks on him.

Lets get promoted win cup and not give the Papers the Rangers risen back cup win that they are desperate to happen.

jacomo
08-05-2016, 06:22 PM
No matter what happens I am not bothered if he goes as finishing 3rd in this league irrespective of play off results or cup result puts massive question marks on him.

Lets get promoted win cup and not give the Papers the Rangers risen back cup win that they are desperate to happen.

No question we have a tough task to get promoted. But if we do Stubbs will have delivered what was asked of him.

If we prevail in the SC final too, well... Let's just say your calls for him to be sacked will sound absurd. It would make Hibs a laughing stock too - similar to the Yams emptying George Burley.

McIntosh
08-05-2016, 06:26 PM
No question we have a tough task to get promoted. But if we do Stubbs will have delivered what was asked of him.

If we prevail in the SC final too, well... Let's just say your calls for him to be sacked will sound absurd. It would make Hibs a laughing stock too - similar to the Yams emptying George Burley. :top marks

rcarter1
08-05-2016, 06:35 PM

If we prevail in the SC final too, well... Let's just say your calls for him to be sacked will sound absurd. It would make Hibs a laughing stock too - similar to the Yams emptying George Burley.

Its a funny one. Stubbs has done some very good things for the club - particularly in the general standard and spirit of the squad which is massively above where we were. If we get promoted and win the Scottish Cup, then this season will have been a huge success and Stubbs will rightly be lauded and praised for this. However, at that point he will probably have achieved as much tangible success as possible for the club. Of course it would be exciting to see how he then took the team forward in the SPL, competing with Hearts and Aberdeen and chasing more Cups. But it wouldn't be the craziest outcome for him to leave on a high, and for us to draw a line under the whole Championship experience (with that Cup in the cabinet to show the Jambos now and again). With a rock solid core squad, undoubtedly higher gate receipts, a new man with different ideas would be in a great position to build a new chapter for the club. Alan himself would then be able to move on with a spring in his step to a new challenge with a massive tick in the box for his time at Hibs. As long as the board were confident of getting a good manager to replace him, it could be a perfectly reasonable thing for Stubbs to leave by mutual consent.

Callum_62
08-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Its a funny one. Stubbs has done some very good things for the club - particularly in the general standard and spirit of the squad which is massively above where we were. If we get promoted and win the Scottish Cup, then this season will have been a huge success and Stubbs will rightly be lauded and praised for this. However, at that point he will probably have achieved as much tangible success as possible for the club. Of course it would be exciting to see how he then took the team forward in the SPL, competing with Hearts and Aberdeen and chasing more Cups. But it wouldn't be the craziest outcome for him to leave on a high, and for us to draw a line under the whole Championship experience (with that Cup in the cabinet to show the Jambos now and again). With a rock solid core squad, undoubtedly higher gate receipts, a new man with different ideas would be in a great position to build a new chapter for the club. Alan himself would then be able to move on with a spring in his step to a new challenge with a massive tick in the box for his time at Hibs. As long as the board were confident of getting a good manager to replace him, it could be a perfectly reasonable thing for Stubbs to leave by mutual consent.

Question is, why we we want to see the back of a manager that has just got us promoted and a SC win?

EG - the most successful manager in my lifetime id say.

rcarter1
08-05-2016, 06:52 PM
Question is, wht we we want to see the back of a manager that has just got us promoted and a SC win?

EG - the most successful manager in my lifetime id say.

I know what you mean. I don't think anyone would be pushing Alan out of the door in the situation above. Everything would be in place to have a great SPL season. I just think Alan may have reasons to move on, and if he did the club could still continue the progress he has made, providing we get a decent replacement. The club would be quite attractive to potential candidates as it would be in a very solid place.

IWasThere2016
08-05-2016, 06:56 PM

I mentioned this on the PM Board three days ago .. cannae believe it's taken 48 hours to be reported tbh

bingo70
08-05-2016, 07:01 PM
I mentioned this on the PM Board three days ago .. cannae believe it's taken 48 hours to be reported tbh

Surely not, this was all just a media ploy to unsettle us I thought?!

Do you think there's any possibility of this happening?

Ozyhibby
08-05-2016, 07:02 PM
If he gets us promoted and wins the cup then it will be about September before I give a monkeys whether he stays or gos. In fact I'll be too drunk to even notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Surely not, this was all just a media ploy to unsettle us I thought?!

Do you think there's any possibility of this happening?

No - clearly TQMs trying to unsettle the squad.

Thecat23
08-05-2016, 07:25 PM
He may be doing what I'm doing with a Hibs v Ross County Cup Final parking ticket........., closing his eyes and hoping it will go away.

I suggest you keep doing it, if you can't see it it's not real. 😁

bingo70
08-05-2016, 07:32 PM

Bostonhibby
08-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Couldn't you just owe the fine to yourself? That approach normally works out okay in the end.

Ozyhibby
08-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Dundee Utd have agreed a deal with Raith for McKinnon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3pm
08-05-2016, 08:01 PM

I think they were a bit unsure based on your previous exclusives!! :greengrin

Thecat23
08-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Hibs were never interested in McKinnon.

SunshineOnLeith
08-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Hibs were never interested in McKinnon.

But....but.....but, it was in the Daily Record....

snooky
08-05-2016, 08:47 PM

Sorry to require clarification TQM, but did you mention that Bolton are after Stubbs or did you mention that the weegie rags were just reporting it?

Thecat23
08-05-2016, 08:56 PM
But....but.....but, it was in the Daily Record....

It really is a rag.

staunchhibby
08-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Glasgow rags all wrong agaiñnnnnnnnnnnnn.:na na:

The Green Goblin
08-05-2016, 09:30 PM
I think a few people need to stay "off the Bolton".

IWasThere2016
09-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Sorry to require clarification TQM, but did you mention that Bolton are after Stubbs or did you mention that the weegie rags were just reporting it?

Stubbs to Bolton, and thus Hibs considering McKinnon.

IWasThere2016
09-05-2016, 03:31 PM

And I would have done but for that interfering and pesky Danderhall Hibs kid :cb

snooky
09-05-2016, 03:37 PM
And I would have done but for that interfering and pesky Danderhall Hibs kid :cb

But surely Stubbsie will be here for as long as we need him?

:hmmm: ..... It seems to me I've heard that song before. :cool2:

Borderhibbie76
09-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Just heard him on STV news sounds very much to me that he is away at seasons end tbh.

bingo70
09-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Just heard him on STV news sounds very much to me that he is away at seasons end tbh.

What did he say? Any link online?

Without hearing the interview I think he will be away too.

Borderhibbie76
09-05-2016, 05:33 PM
What did he say? Any link online?

Without hearing the interview I think he will be away too.
Just said he was only concentrating on getting us up at the moment...but stopped short of saying he wasn't going

Libby Hibby
09-05-2016, 05:45 PM
I think we should be careful of what some wish for

SJM
09-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Just said he was only concentrating on getting us up at the moment...but stopped short of saying he wasn't going

Not good. Especially when we should be building for next season in the next week or so. He does sound scunnered though.

Pete
09-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Should the title not be "Stubbsy's off t'Bolton?"

snooky
09-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Collins leaving Celtc (just on BBC) - worth a punt? :stirrer:

SJM
09-05-2016, 05:54 PM

Maddog looks after the strips and the players these days 👍

Smartie
09-05-2016, 05:55 PM

I'd need to see the six-pack and a few press-ups first but I'm not sure he'd be able to get up and down the park any more.

Waxy
09-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Shut t cakehole

Borderhibbie76
09-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Not good. Especially when we should be building for next season in the next week or so. He does sound scunnered though.
Maybe Doolan is next in line??

SJM
09-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Maybe Doolan is next in line??

Surely he would go with?

If he's planning on Bolton on us then I hope he's told the board this so we can go in for someone like McKinnon who my guy tells me is going to be a roarin success in Tayside.

Borderhibbie76
09-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Surely he would go with?

If he's planning on Bolton on us then I hope he's told the board this so we can go in for someone like McKinnon who my guy tells me is going to be a roarin success in Tayside.
To be fair mate if we don't go up (and I hope to God we do) I reckon Stubbsy would be on a shoogly peg here ...unless we win the cup

CRAZYHIBBY
09-05-2016, 06:11 PM

Gawd no.......even I'm haunted by the thought of him with a towel round his waist asking people to touch his six pack

SJM
09-05-2016, 06:33 PM
To be fair mate if we don't go up (and I hope to God we do) I reckon Stubbsy would be on a shoogly peg here ...unless we win the cup

Agree totally.

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2016, 06:44 PM
No offence to Stubbs, but this move reflects Bolton's desperation rather his success. It's a big time in his managerial life. He either becomes the guy who got Hibs promoted and/or broke the Scottish Cup hoodoo, or failed twice to take a big club out the second tier of Scottish football in face of mediocre opposition, and fell on his face at the ultimate stage in not one, but two national cup finals in a year.

So the next couple of weeks will determine whether we are going 'yes!' or 'gutted', and whether Bolton have a bright young new managerial force who can restore their fortunes, or a dud who failed in Scotland.

Jonnyboy
09-05-2016, 07:49 PM

There are certain phrases that Alan Stubbs has used consistently in interviews and they include "at the moment" and "at this moment in time"

I watched that interview and got no sense whatsoever (another of his favourites :greengrin) that he's planning on going anywhere

ancient hibee
09-05-2016, 08:00 PM
No offence to Stubbs, but this move reflects Bolton's desperation rather his success. It's a big time in his managerial life. He either becomes the guy who got Hibs promoted and/or broke the Scottish Cup hoodoo, or failed twice to take a big club out the second tier of Scottish football in face of mediocre opposition, and fell on his face at the ultimate stage in not one, but two national cup finals in a year.

So the next couple of weeks will determine whether we are going 'yes!' or 'gutted', and whether Bolton have a bright young new managerial force who can restore their fortunes, or a dud who failed in Scotland.

Which just shows how stupid comment on Scottish football is.Nobody should look at a manager taking a team from the second tier of Scottish football to the two main cup finals(beating the second and third in the Premiership on the way as well as a few other top tier teams)as a failure.Anyone who calls the second biggest club in Scottish football,also in the cup final,mediocre is having a joke.

Big L
09-05-2016, 09:32 PM
I think Bolton are waiting on Stubbs and it would be a good job for him. They will be hot favourites for league one and he would also be back with his family. I think our board are aware and LD will be talking to someone' I just hope Stubbs leaves as a massive success GGTTH.

MWHIBBIES
09-05-2016, 09:41 PM
I think Bolton are waiting on Stubbs and it would be a good job for him. They will be hot favourites for league one and he would also be back with his family. I think our board are aware and LD will be talking to someone' I just hope Stubbs leaves as a massive success GGTTH.I don't even think they will be favourites for league one, that is not an easy league to get out of and Bolton have no money.

monktonharp
09-05-2016, 11:32 PM
I got as far as post No 30 on this thread. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Winston Ingram
10-05-2016, 07:49 AM

This.:agree:

Brightside
10-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Its always the usual suspects..... :rolleyes:

SJM
10-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Well he is biggin' McKinnon to Dundee utd here and sounds more than committed to us:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/05/09/ray-mckinnon-right-fit-dundee-united-says-hibs-boss-alan-stubbs/

Torto7062
11-05-2016, 04:15 PM

Bloody Predictive text on my phone :wink: