PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings please?

SkintHibby
07-05-2016, 07:02 PM
I was working today and when I can't make the games I usually enjoy the player ratings on here but can't find a thread on it today.

So if any of you were at the match today then fire away please...

Enough said
07-05-2016, 07:28 PM
10 out of 10 team got job done lets go for Tuesday now!!

Franck Stanton
07-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Just my take on the game mate, no doubt someone will be along with an arguement soon. However , here goes _

Logan (7) - Wasn't overworked by any means. However, dealt well with everything that came his way. Organised back 4 well, always shouting

Gray (5) - Competent rather than spectacular, worked the line well[ish], however....not one of his best games in a Hibs jersey.

Stevenson (6) - Usual performance from Lewis, worked hard, delivered a few dangerous crosses, didn't let himself or team down

Hanlon (7) - Usual performance, good steady c/h had good game [as always lately] Works well with McGregor

McGregor (7.5) - See Hanlon - also had fantastic last-ditch challenge in the box. Scored from corner. Back to his best form

McGinn (6) - Really think this laddie needs a rest, tries his best, works his socks off, scored [with help from deflection], good[ish] performance but we all know he is capable of giving us far more than he did today. Just a wee bit burnt out imo.

Henderson [7.5) - Played well in patches, made some great runs, good player who won MotM - subbed late on. Missed him when he went off.

Dylan [6.5) Considering he has been out injured for so long, had a really good 50/60min, direct, strong tackler, understandably tired as game went on.

Fyvie (4) Good[ish] 1st half, second half however....looked like a scared rabbit, gave ball away almost always, looked even more tired than ALL the rest of the outfield 10 -would have taken him off before Henderson or Dylan. Can (7 usually does) do a lot better.

Stokes (5) Don't get me wrong, I like Stokesy, however, today he was trying too many flicks/party tricks and they just weren't coming off. Seems to only want to pass to Henderson of Jason. Luxury player rather than grafter. Only had, what 2 shots at goal today - neither spectacular, can't remember thinking "Unlucky, that should have been a goal" at anything he did today. Had a few good runs but imo flatters to decieve. Playing on his reputation.

Jason (4) - Like Stokes, I like him a lot, today however, aaagggghhhhhh lost count of the ammount of times he ran with his head down, didn't make a pass, phannied about with the ball and lost possession as a result. Would have hooked him long before Stubbsy did.

Stubbs--- (5) Just didn't get his subs today. Yes Keatings for Jason (albeit a bit late), but Fontaine ? Nah, offered nothing, didn't shore up the defence like he was supposed to do,never got into the flow/tempo of the game.

Still, for all our faults, we played good football for first 15/20 min of the game, scored the two goals we needed to and at the end of the day, march on to next two "massive" games. We will have to play better v Falkirk however.
My MotM ---Darren McGregor, Solid Scored Saved us with "Last ditch" type tackle.

Enough said
07-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Fontaine came on and sat in from of the the back 4 won plenty of headers , I will have what your smoking

Blaster
07-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Fontaine came on and sat in from of the the back 4 won plenty of headers , I will have what your smoking

Sorry mate but Fontaine didn't win a clean header when he came on

Franck Stanton
07-05-2016, 07:37 PM

Think you already have been smoking it mate, won headers? Nah, not today, flapped at a few crosses but WIN HEADERS ? nah.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Just my take on the game mate, no doubt someone will be along with an arguement soon. However , here goes _

Logan (7) - Wasn't overworked by any means. However, dealt well with everything that came his way. Organised back 4 well, always shouting

Gray (5) - Competent rather than spectacular, worked the line well[ish], however....not one of his best games in a Hibs jersey.

Stevenson (6) - Usual performance from Lewis, worked hard, delivered a few dangerous crosses, didn't let himself or team down

Hanlon (7) - Usual performance, good steady c/h had good game [as always lately] Works well with McGregor

McGregor (7.5) - See Hanlon - also had fantastic last-ditch challenge in the box. Scored from corner. Back to his best form

McGinn (6) - Really think this laddie needs a rest, tries his best, works his socks off, scored [with help from deflection], good[ish] performance but we all know he is capable of giving us far more than he did today. Just a wee bit burnt out imo.

Henderson [7.5) - Played well in patches, made some great runs, good player who won MotM - subbed late on. Missed him when he went off.

Dylan [6.5) Considering he has been out injured for so long, had a really good 50/60min, direct, strong tackler, understandably tired as game went on.

Fyvie (4) Good[ish] 1st half, second half however....looked like a scared rabbit, gave ball away almost always, looked even more tired than ALL the rest of the outfield 10 -would have taken him off before Henderson or Dylan. Can (7 usually does) do a lot better.

Stokes (5) Don't get me wrong, I like Stokesy, however, today he was trying too many flicks/party tricks and they just weren't coming off. Seems to only want to pass to Henderson of Jason. Luxury player rather than grafter. Only had, what 2 shots at goal today - neither spectacular, can't remember thinking "Unlucky, that should have been a goal" at anything he did today. Had a few good runs but imo flatters to decieve. Playing on his reputation.

Jason (4) - Like Stokes, I like him a lot, today however, aaagggghhhhhh lost count of the ammount of times he ran with his head down, didn't make a pass, phannied about with the ball and lost possession as a result. Would have hooked him long before Stubbsy did.

Stubbs--- (5) Just didn't get his subs today. Yes Keatings for Jason (albeit a bit late), but Fontaine ? Nah, offered nothing, didn't shore up the defence like he was supposed to do,never got into the flow/tempo of the game.

Still, for all our faults, we played good football for first 15/20 min of the game, scored the two goals we needed to and at the end of the day, march on to next two "massive" games. We will have to play better v Falkirk however.
My MotM ---Darren McGregor, Solid Scored Saved us with "Last ditch" type tackle.

Indeed :greengrin

David Gray was excellent today, MOTM performance

Since90+2
07-05-2016, 07:38 PM

Yep. Was about to say the same thing.

Smartie
07-05-2016, 07:39 PM

And neither did the man he was marking.

He did nothing wrong, made life tricky for their forwards and played an important part in helping close the game out against a big, physical side going all out to get back into the game.

hibee_girl
07-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Logan 7 - did well today, great catch in the last minute

Gray 9 - MOTM, he was back to his best today

McGregor 8 - one moment of madness but overall a solid performance

Hanlon 8 - usual reliable performance from him

Stevenson 7 - good performance, few decent crosses (just a shame there's never anyone in the box!)

McGinn 6 - started well, a bit lucky with his goal but faded as the game went on

Henderson 7 - good game from him, always looking to create something

Fyvie 7 - thought he played well, few misplaced passes but he covered a lot of ground today doing defensive work

McGeough 8 - Would have been my MOTM if he stayed on longer, clear to see how much we've missed him.

Cummings 5 - totally off his game today, he needs to work on getting stronger, was pushed about far too easily today

Stokes 7 - played well, held the ball up well, worked better with Keatings when he came on.

Shrekko
07-05-2016, 07:45 PM
I agree that bringing Fontaine on was the right move at the end but boy has he gone backwards over the last couple of months.

Smartie
07-05-2016, 07:46 PM

Stevenson 7 - good performance, few decent crosses (just a shame there's never anyone in the box!)

McGinn 6 - started well, a bit lucky with his goal but faded as the game went on

Fyvie 7 - thought he played well, few misplaced passes but he covered a lot of ground today doing defensive work

McGeough 8 - Would have been my MOTM if he stayed on longer, clear to see how much we've missed him.

Cummings 5 - totally off his game today, he needs to work on getting stronger, was pushed about far too easily today

Stokes 7 - played well, held the ball up well, worked better with Keatings when he came on.

Saved me the bother typing.

100% on the money with all scores and comments imo.

BoomtownHibees
07-05-2016, 07:47 PM

He didn't sit in front of the back 4, he joined to make it 3 at the back

Lee Marvin
07-05-2016, 07:54 PM

Disagree with most of this.

David Gray was phenomenal today. Eaaily my motm

crash
07-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Logan-6 big improvement on Oxley

Gray-7 MOM,great performance,led by example.

Hanlon-5 couple of lapses first half,otherwise safe.

McGregor-6 Won everything today.

Stevenson-3 Weakest defender, Raith targetted him in the second half.

Fyvie-4 Passing poor,tackling weak.

McGeoch-6 Key player,hopefully can gain fitness and stay injury free.

McGinn-4 Playing way below early season form,looks like he needs a rest.

Henderson-5 Needs to get forward more often,play to his strengths.

Cummings-3 Never kicked a ball,first touch poor,somebody needs to have a talk with him.

Stokes-6 Worked hard,but never gets any decent service.

Stubbs-Clueless,bringing on Fontaine, leaving us with a tired McGinn and Fyvie as our midfield and no more subs left was idiotic,if Raith had scored there was no way back.

hibee_girl
07-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Cummings-3 Never kicked a ball,first touch poor,somebody needs to have a talk with him.
Stubbs-Clueless,bringing on Fontaine, leaving us with a tired McGinn and Fyvie as our midfield and no more subs left was idiotic,if Faith had scored there was no way back.

:confused::confused::confused:

GreenCastle
07-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Logan 7 - Didn't have anything to do except lots of kicking off the ground and came and held a cross from a corner in the last minute. Only worry was when they got in behind once but made himself big and recovered well. Wish he would slow his kicking down as kicks early when players aren't always ready.

Gary 7 - Thought he played well - was involved going forward - won his headers

Stevenson 7 - Usual performance from Lewis, worked hard, delivered a few dangerous crosses, didn't let himself or team down

Hanlon 8 - Usual performance, good steady c/h had good game [as always lately] Works well with McGregor

McGregor 9 - See Hanlon - also had fantastic last-ditch challenge in the box. Scored from corner. Back to his best form

McGinn 7 - Thought one of his better games for a while - made several good passes and scored - just looks tired after about 70 mins as he puts in a shift.

Henderson 7 - Much better today - more involved and worked hard - like McGinn drifted out game when fatigued.

Dylan 7.5 - a very important player in the team and this system - played well but looked tired / injured when he went off after 60 mins.

Fyvie 6 - doesn't play as well when Dylan is in the same team - did ok but slightly off his game today.

Stokes 6 - worked hard and chased a lot - like JC didn't get much service - would take him off free kicks and encourage him to shoot more in open play.

Jason 5 - got really crap service today. Either in the air or overhit passes. Though his 1st touch wasn't up to much today either. Think his confidence is low. Would be tempted to start Keatings and bring JC on this Tuesday.

Stubbs - 6 - Got the win and early goals but too long to make subs - Bartley was the obvious one (Bartley did really well when he came on) - Fontaine was brought on assent 3-5-2 which was fine to deal with long balls. I don't see the point of Handling on the bench when he never plans to use him. Keatings did well when he came on also - held ball up and gave fresh legs.

Logan never had a save to make today but felt like Raith could still score - Falkirk will be much tighter and I except them to be tough like last time - we are good enough to beat them but over 2 games we need to play well. Play poorly in one game and we will face an uphill battle to face Killie.

Really happy we won today - 3 games left in the season but hopefully 5 :agree:

Dublin07
07-05-2016, 08:22 PM

Stubbs-Clueless,bringing on Fontaine, leaving us with a tired McGinn and Fyvie as our midfield and no more subs left was idiotic,if Raith had scored there was no way back.

WTF!!
These scores are just bizarre. Also you say Stubbs is clueless for bringing on an extra defender when they had started their long throw big punt nonsense. It was exactly the right sub to make.
3 for Stevenson 3 c'mon you must be taking the piss.

Pretty Boy
07-05-2016, 08:24 PM

Almost entirely agree K.

Would bump McGinn up by one as I thought he was a bit more like his old self today.

NikGunnarsson
07-05-2016, 08:38 PM
And neither did the man he was marking.

He did nothing wrong, made life tricky for their forwards and played an important part in helping close the game out against a big, physical side going all out to get back into the game.

imo if we are looking to bring on a defensive player it should Gunnarsson, much better footballer all round

madabouthibs
07-05-2016, 08:40 PM

Pretty good assessment, in fact, I'll take this one to save me the typing! :-D

Smartie
07-05-2016, 08:42 PM
imo if we are looking to bring on a defensive player it should Gunnarsson, much better footballer all round

Depends on the circumstances.

Fontaine was put in to repel their long, high balls and he did it well.

He's better in the air than Gunnarson therefore I was content that this was the right move to make.

Fontaine has had some shaky moments recently but he didn't set a foot wrong today.

Brightside
07-05-2016, 08:45 PM

thanks gail.

monktonharp
07-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Indeed :greengrin

David Gray was excellent today, MOTM performance:agree:David Gray was great today.kept us together in the last 10 mins. a 5 from the OP, ? nope. not in my eyes.

monktonharp
07-05-2016, 08:48 PM
very sorry OP, it was some grumpy auld git that referred to Gray. he should take long distance glasses to games:wink:

Sammy7nil
07-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Logan-6 big slow messed up kick out massive improvement on Oxley :greengrin

Gray-7 great last ten mins when we were under pressure ran himself ragged

Hanlon-7 solid limited tham any clearcut chances.

McGregor- 7 scored and very disciplined

Stevenson- 5 okay

Fyvie-5 Passing poor but put in a good shift

McGeoch- 8 MOM need him to remain fit

McGinn- 6 not at his best still a player

Henderson- 6 see McGinn

Cummings- 2 almost a man short bottled a tackle late on

Stokes-5 Worked hard,but never gets any decent service.

If Stubbs starts Jason and Stokes again then imho it is wrong and could cost him his job we need 11fully committed players on the park

GreenPJ
07-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Logan-6 big slow messed up kick out massive improvement on Oxley :greengrin

Gray-7 great last ten mins when we were under pressure ran himself ragged

Hanlon-7 solid limited tham any clearcut chances.

McGregor- 7 scored and very disciplined

Stevenson- 5 okay

Fyvie-5 Passing poor but put in a good shift

McGeoch- 8 MOM need him to remain fit

McGinn- 6 not at his best still a player

Henderson- 6 see McGinn

Cummings- 2 almost a man short bottled a tackle late on

Stokes-5 Worked hard,but never gets any decent service.

If Stubbs starts Jason and Stokes again then imho it is wrong and could cost him his job we need 11fully committed players on the park

The big man made a great catch at the end but if the Ox had made that cock-up with the kick-out he did the place would have been in uproar. It was another clean sheet but think it was his weakest performance to date.

Hi Heid Yin
07-05-2016, 10:14 PM
These threads always throw up some questionable and varied markings. I guess there is no definitive guide when subjectivity is involved. Some rate a particular player whilst others don't.
For me I use the following guide:

1-2 = Poor performance
3-4 = below average performance
5-6 = Average performance
7-8 = Good performance
9-10 = Excellent performance

coldingham hibs
07-05-2016, 10:16 PM
WTF!!
These scores are just bizarre. Also you say Stubbs is clueless for bringing on an extra defender when they had started their long throw big punt nonsense. It was exactly the right sub to make.
3 for Stevenson 3 c'mon you must be taking the piss.

Agree, ridiculous markings. Clearly was half pi@@ed watching the game. And as for the critisisim of Fontaine, unbelievable, the guy did nothing wrong.

J-C
07-05-2016, 10:16 PM

This, saves me the bother. :agree:

crash
07-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Agree, ridiculous markings. Clearly was half pi@@ed watching the game. And as for the critisisim of Fontaine, unbelievable, the guy did nothing wrong.Explain where I criticised Fontaine.

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Nice to see people willing to forget our goalie's poor moments (bizarre goal kick in the first half, Zibi-esque coming miles and getting nowhere near a cross in the second to name two) and give him praise, consistent with the backing we've given our goalie all season :faf:

Thecat23
07-05-2016, 10:43 PM

You having a laugh?? I can count 3 off my head he won.

Thecat23
07-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Think you already have been smoking it mate, won headers? Nah, not today, flapped at a few crosses but WIN HEADERS ? nah.

But he did though. Seriously how can you honestly say he never won a header when everyone who was there could see he won a few that Raith launched at us.

Thecat23
07-05-2016, 10:48 PM

You should go along to the games as this is clearly made up.

Stubbs clueless? Stevenson a 3 😂😂

LaMotta
07-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Nice to see people willing to forget our goalie's poor moments (bizarre goal kick in the first half, Zibi-esque coming miles and getting nowhere near a cross in the second to name two) and give him praise, consistent with the backing we've given our goalie all season :faf:

He punched the ball away in his Zibby mad dash though, which isnt really nowhere near.

The goal kick was bad, but he was distracted by the waft of a fan's scotch pie in the Famous Five lower, temporarily rendering him useless.

SunshineOnLeith
07-05-2016, 11:00 PM
He punched the ball away in his Zibby mad dash though, which isnt really nowhere near.

The goal kick was bad, but he was distracted by the waft of a fan's scotch pie in the Famous Five lower, temporarily rendering him useless.

No he didn't. He punched one away but he got nowhere near the Zibi dash. Reminded me of a goal Hearts scored at that end when Zibi was in goals.

Haha, I expect Waghorn to lather himself in bacon grease before the cup final, thus rendering Logan catatonic.

LaMotta
07-05-2016, 11:04 PM
No he didn't. He punched one away but he got nowhere near the Zibi dash. Reminded me of a goal Hearts scored at that end when Zibi was in goals.

Haha, I expect Waghorn to lather himself in bacon grease before the cup final, thus rendering Logan catatonic.

Im sure he got the ball in his Zibby dash! Somebody back me up or i'm off to the opticians in the morning.

Thecat23
07-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Im sure he got the ball in his Zibby dash! Somebody back me up or i'm off to the opticians in the morning.

He defo punched one he came for.

Shrekko
07-05-2016, 11:07 PM
I thought he'd got something on the ball- it certainly got cleared out one way or another. I have to say it looked an ill advised move initially but turned out OK.

Either way I'm still happier with him there- seen some good assertive stuff from him.

coldingham hibs
08-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Explain where I criticised Fontaine.

Sorry mate it wasn't your critisisim of Fontaine it was others on this thread.

gaz1875
08-05-2016, 09:25 AM
I thought he'd got something on the ball- it certainly got cleared out one way or another. I have to say it looked an ill advised move initially but turned out OK.

Either way I'm still happier with him there- seen some good assertive stuff from him.

If it's the one when the ball bounced back into his arms, he blocked the shot, McGregor blocked the second shot and it bounced into Logan's arms not sure why people are saying it was Zibi esque? He almost messed up the goal kick, went to pass it to Dylan, a Raith player sprinted to try and intercept the would be pass and he tried to pull out of the pass. The ball must leave the box so retake. It would only have been an issue if he touched the ball again before any other player.

LaMotta
08-05-2016, 10:00 AM
If it's the one when the ball bounced back into his arms, he blocked the shot, McGregor blocked the second shot and it bounced into Logan's arms not sure why people are saying it was Zibi esque? He almost messed up the goal kick, went to pass it to Dylan, a Raith player sprinted to try and intercept the would be pass and he tried to pull out of the pass. The ball must leave the box so retake. It would only have been an issue if he touched the ball again before any other player.

No not that one mate, when a cross came in second half he came careering out like someone had launched a jumbo sausage supper into the box and Big Conrad was ensuring he got to it first.

It was almost identical to Zibbys faux pas in the 2 all derby against Hearts at ER in 2006. Difference being, against all the odds, Conrad got his chubby digits to the sausages.

Green Reaper
08-05-2016, 11:25 AM

Absolutely spot on, unlike a poster further on whose is a car crash 😬