PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MCGINN PRAISES THE HIBERNIAN SUPPORT

RSS Bot
07-05-2016, 05:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6481)

Pete
07-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Conclusive proof that a noisy, positive support does actually help the players.

...and there's no better support than ours :thumbsup:

LaMotta
07-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Half the support wanted McGinn dropped today because someone started a rumuour he was tired. Thankfully the manager chose to play our POTY :)

Waxy
07-05-2016, 05:47 PM
All this tired stuff is myth. These are proffesional sportsmen who train to be fit. Three days between matches should be enough to fully recover from 90 minutes running.

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2016, 05:50 PM
every time i've heard an interviewer asking a professional football player if he prefers training or playing a game he's always had a preference for playing

Super_JMcGinn
07-05-2016, 05:52 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6481)
John might have been playing below his A game of late but is still worth a place in the team. I fancy us over 2 legs against anyone :wink:

emerald green
07-05-2016, 06:32 PM
All this tired stuff is myth. These are proffesional sportsmen who train to be fit. Three days between matches should be enough to fully recover from 90 minutes running.

What are you basing that comment on? It all depends on a series of variables.

For example, the league a player is in, i.e. what level he is playing at
the caliber of the player(s)
the number of games he's participated in
whether or not he has played throughout every match or not (e.g. a substitute or not)
whether or not any given player has picked up any injuries and how much recovery time he's had
distance run per game in football is very high compared to many sports - football players can run around 7 miles during a game I've read. Midfielders tend to run the most, sometimes reaching 9.5 miles per game.

Yes, they train to be fit, but the cumulative effect of game after game (maybe too many games?) on some players will eventually tell IMHO.

Scooter
07-05-2016, 06:51 PM

I played golf with a footballer a few weeks back.( not a hibs player). He said he was knackered

Billy Whizz
07-05-2016, 06:58 PM
I played golf with a footballer a few weeks back.( not a hibs player). He said he was knackered

The golfer/ex footballer or McGinn

Scooter
07-05-2016, 07:01 PM
The golfer/ex footballer or McGinn

The golfer who is a footballer. Said he knows how lucky he is but he's knackered

SJM
07-05-2016, 07:23 PM
The golfer who is a footballer. Said he knows how lucky he is but he's knackered

I was told he's been carrying a groin injury since March but doesn't want to stop. I hope to **** he's not called up to the Scotland squad at the end of May. He needs rested for our European trip :)

Scooter
07-05-2016, 08:12 PM
I was told he's been carrying a groin injury since March but doesn't want to stop. I hope to **** he's not called up to the Scotland squad at the end of May. He needs rested for our European trip :)

I wasn't talking about Mcginn

Billy Whizz
07-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Heard his interview on Hibs TV. Says he's played around 54 games so far this season, hasn't played or expected to play so many. Maybe a bit of fatigue, which is to be expected from a 21 old. The lad is still a kid

Pretty Boy
07-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Thread seems to have gone off on a tangent but agree with McGinn. Crowd was great today. A couple of ocassions when Fyvie and Cummings got a bit grief that wasn't helpful but that was more than countered by the singing to will the team on a few times in the 2nd half when we were looking a bit edgy. The last few minutes were loud and the cheer when Logan caught that corner was like a goal.

Northernhibee
07-05-2016, 10:24 PM
It trivialises things somewhat to talk about two games in three days. Try talking more about approx fifteen games in the last eight or nine weeks, that's taxing no matter who you are.

bingo70
07-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Thread seems to have gone off on a tangent but agree with McGinn. Crowd was great today. A couple of ocassions when Fyvie and Cummings got a bit grief that wasn't helpful but that was more than countered by the singing to will the team on a few times in the 2nd half when we were looking a bit edgy. The last few minutes were loud and the cheer when Logan caught that corner was like a goal.

I generally hate it when our support get stick, considering what we've put up with over the last few years I think our supporters are tremendous.

That said though I thought our fans were pretty poor today, too nervous and every mistake was pounced upon, everyone needs to chill out a bit!

rcarter1
08-05-2016, 03:28 PM

Do you have evidence to back up that professional footballers can not be tired? Tiredness can be mental as much as physical. We have had lots of big occasions and games. Some players no doubt cope with a season different to others. Didn't think the players looked particularly tired on Saturday, maybe a tad off full throttle, but once the two goals went in, the pressure was off us to an extent so not totally surprised about that.

Anyway great to hear that McGinn had good words to hear about the support. Im hoping we can ramp up that support a notch or two against Falkirk. Im in a mood to give the boys as big a lift as possible, while being very critical and unwelcoming to the opposition.. Hiya Houston :bye: