PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty points for Friday....

3pm
07-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Anyone got any idea how we'll sell tickets? Surely can't be a free for all like Raith.

Albanian Hibs
07-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Think it will be a free for all due to short amount of time

Billy Whizz
07-05-2016, 05:54 PM

What to sell 1,800 tickets, no way. We could have got over 4,000 for Raith away with 3 days notice

BoomtownHibees
07-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Has to be loyalty points. 5 days to sell 1800 tickets

Sir David Gray
07-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Really hope that the tickets go on sale either tomorrow or Monday and that Hibs either allow them to be posted out or I can pick them up on Tuesday night.

I highly doubt I'll be able to make it through to Easter Road on any other night next week to pick the tickets up.

DH1875
07-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Be a free for all, but only for season ticket holders so not a free for all so to speak. You guys know what i mean though :)

HibsNutter
07-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Has to be loyalty points, a disgrace if it's not. If it's going to be a rush then just sack waves and only sell to people with x points.

Albanian Hibs
07-05-2016, 06:34 PM
What to sell 1,800 tickets, no way. We could have got over 4,000 for Raith away with 3 days notice

Fair enough. Guess we will find out shortly.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Really hope that the tickets go on sale either tomorrow or Monday and that Hibs either allow them to be posted out or I can pick them up on Tuesday night.

I highly doubt I'll be able to make it through to Easter Road on any other night next week to pick the tickets up.

Pricing is £15 Adults, £10 Conc, and £5, for under 12's

Falkirk are keeping the main and the south stand. Noticed their website is saying they have unreserved seating. Falkirk are selling Tuesday's game from tomorrow 10am

Jonnyboy
07-05-2016, 07:10 PM

What am I missing here? Why only 1800 when the stand behind the goals holds a helluva lot more than that :confused:

Sir David Gray
07-05-2016, 07:18 PM
What am I missing here? Why only 1800 when the stand behind the goals holds a helluva lot more than that :confused:

Not sure it's much more than that to be honest.

The entire stadium capacity is 8,750 and the main stand holds 4,200 so the stands behind both goals probably hold around 2,000 each.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Not sure it's much more than that to be honest.

The entire stadium capacity is 8,750 and the main stand holds 4,200 so the stands behind both goals probably hold around 2,000 each.

Cheers Trig, always thought it was more!

Aldo
07-05-2016, 07:22 PM
It's fair to say I've fallen just ever so slightly short of the required amount!! ;-)

Albanian Hibs
07-05-2016, 07:24 PM

Think it holds 1900. Doubt we will get any tickets for the end part of the main stand

franks
07-05-2016, 07:38 PM
If it's not loyalty points for this one then what was the point? I'm a season ticket holder long term, attend most away games so have a fair number of points. after queuing for hours for seats at the final ended up in the east, I don't think I should have to queue for hours again for tickets for Falkirk. Loyalty system was working well IMO until persistent complainers seem to have got it scraped. Those who have attended most games should have priority for this one.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2016, 07:40 PM

Salesmans licence, maybe 2.000 but thought it was 1,800

Diclonius
07-05-2016, 07:41 PM
I sincerely hope I won't be on the same pot for ~3000 tickets as someone who hasn't been to a game all season. This is the point of loyalty points (or beforehand, season ticket priority).

If you don't have a season ticket it should be that you either don't go or wait for the extremely unlikely event in which it doesn't sell out.

B.H.F.C
07-05-2016, 07:47 PM
If the club want to ditch the points system, fine.

But they have to use it for this game. It's been the method they've used all year, they can't just stop now at the point when it's actually required.

If that is to change it has to be from next season.

SteveHFC
07-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Tickets will sell out in a day if not a couple of hours, has to be by points otherwise there will be a massive queue outside ticket office as no one will risk using online option after this weeks problems
I did say in another thread without a points system we are heading back to all night camping outside ER :greengrin

Ronniekirk
07-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Tickets will sell out in a day if not a couple of hours, has to be by points otherwise there will be a massive queue outside ticket office as no one will risk using online option after this weeks problems
I did say in another thread without a points system we are heading back to all night camping outside ER :greengrin

Your determined to be camping outside easter road Steve

Billy Whizz
07-05-2016, 08:06 PM

Don't think the Ticketmaster system could cope with 8,000 or so fans logging on at the same time, when they go on sale

SteveHFC
07-05-2016, 08:09 PM
Your determined to be camping outside easter road Steve

some good nights in the past

Pretty Boy
07-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Someone can have mine. I can't make it.

wookie70
07-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Has to be loyalty points. It will sell out quickly whatever way it is sold. Take the threshold of points required to as close to 1800 fans as they can get and give those with the points a day to buy. After that open up to the next grouping based on how many left. If it is a season tickets required job it will be mayhem and is very unfair on those that regularly travel particularly those that can't make it down to ER easily because of distance or work.

DaveF
07-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Someone can have mine. I can't make it.

Pfft, you'll have other birthdays :greengrin

HibsNutter
07-05-2016, 08:34 PM
If we get to the final, we shouldn't have this problem against Kilmarnock, when we could be given two stands (if consistent with what they gave Rangers for the Scottish Cup game).

Sir David Gray
07-05-2016, 08:37 PM
If we get to the final, we shouldn't have this problem against Kilmarnock, when we could be given two stands (if consistent with what they gave Rangers for the Scottish Cup game).

We could quite possibly be given the two stands behind both goals at Rugby Park. The Kilmarnock fans could easily fit into the other two stands. We could probably have half of a third stand too, if we really needed it but I don't think we would.

renato
07-05-2016, 08:49 PM

"If" we get past the Bairns and play Killie Pies, we'd sell out the whole of Rugby Park if they offered it. If I was Killie though, I'd offer half the away end max, in order to have as little backing as possible for the Hibs team on the park. Giving us two stands would be madness given the support our team would get - look at the backing given at the Griffiths cup game.

HibsNutter
07-05-2016, 08:53 PM
"If" we get past the Bairns and play Killie Pies, we'd sell out the whole of Rugby Park if they offered it. If I was Killie though, I'd offer half the away end max, in order to have as little backing as possible for the Hibs team on the park. Giving us two stands would be madness given the support our team would get - look at the backing given at the Griffiths cup game.

You'd think so, but their chairman seems to have bad reputation with their fans for being focussed on income. So I think the bare minimum we'd get is one full stand.

BoomtownHibees
07-05-2016, 08:54 PM

Absolutely no chance. They will give us as many tickets as we can sell

Onceinawhile
07-05-2016, 09:10 PM
We could quite possibly be given the two stands behind both goals at Rugby Park. The Kilmarnock fans could easily fit into the other two stands. We could probably have half of a third stand too, if we really needed it but I don't think we would.

Even with a 3 or 4 goal lead and the Scottish cup in our back pocket we won't need 8,000 tickets for a Tuesday night in Kilmarnock!!

renato
07-05-2016, 09:14 PM

I agree with you, which is great as a shed load of us will be able to get tickets, provided we get past Falkirk.

My point is that they shouldn't, though, as they need every advantage they can get.

renato
07-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Even with a 3 or 4 goal lead and the Scottish cup in our back pocket we won't need 8,000 tickets for a Tuesday night in Kilmarnock!!

I disagree - we took 4k for a Sunday cup game live on the telly. If a premiership place is in the balance and dependant on us turning them over at their place, at the final game of the season, we'd take an absolute army down there.

It would be a nice problem to have, mind :greengrin

Onceinawhile
07-05-2016, 09:27 PM
I disagree - we took 4k for a Sunday cup game live on the telly. If a premiership place is in the balance and dependant on us turning them over at their place, at the final game of the season, we'd take an absolute army down there.

It would be a nice problem to have, mind :greengrin

On a Tuesday night, we'd take our average home attendance down to Kilmarnock?

Can't see it, sorry.

Admittedly the idea of at least three years without a Killie pie might bring a few out!

Billy Whizz
07-05-2016, 10:02 PM
On a Tuesday night, we'd take our average home attendance down to Kilmarnock?

Can't see it, sorry.

Admittedly the idea of at least three years without a Killie pie might bring a few out!

Don't do Killie Pies as it stands. Kille and Brownings have a stand off over the namings rights

GreenCastle
07-05-2016, 10:09 PM
I reckon Falkirk away will be done with loyalty points but I'm still annoyed with the system not giving points for certain games this season like the semi final and even the Raith playoff game - the system has been so inconsistent with which games points are awarded for and which games they are used for.

Also no way we would take 2 full stands worth to Killie on a Tuesday night. Weekend yes but Tuesday night no. I think we would easily sell out 1 stand though...massive IF we progress.

scottish_sleepy
07-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Really wish we would stop getting ahead of ourselves again,talking about killie when we've still got a bloody hard time against Falkirk still to play.

DH1875
07-05-2016, 10:25 PM
So let me get this right. It's alright for people with 100/150+ loyalty points to lose out on a cup final ticket to someone with 1 point but it's unfair if someone misses out on a ticket against Falkirk despite us only getting 1,800 tickets :confused:

Stantons Angel
07-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Really wish we would stop getting ahead of ourselves again,talking about killie when we've still got a bloody hard time against Falkirk still to play.

so do I it makes me so nervous!

this whole thread bemuses me when all this week we have had loads of people calling for the points system to be scrapped now we have everyone wanting to keep it?

the club cant seem to do anything right at all!

HibsNutter
07-05-2016, 11:01 PM

I'm sure every post about Killie has mentioned 'if we beat Falkirk'

trev the hat
07-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Don't do Killie Pies as it stands. Kille and Brownings have a stand off over the namings rights

Had a pie today in the East & it was bowfin !!

macca70
07-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Don't think the Ticketmaster system could cope with 8,000 or so fans logging on at the same time, when they go on sale

8000??!!! It's an away game on a Friday night on telly, we only had 9000 Hibby's there today.

We could take 4-5k max, loyalty points the only fairest way to prioritise ticks

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2016, 12:09 AM
So let me get this right. It's alright for people with 100/150+ loyalty points to lose out on a cup final ticket to someone with 1 point but it's unfair if someone misses out on a ticket against Falkirk despite us only getting 1,800 tickets :confused:

I know its funny aint it, the hypocrisy on here is tremendous.

The i'm alright jack camp have turned 180 degrees. :greengrin

marinello59
08-05-2016, 05:02 AM
The time constraint will come in to play here, there really isn't time for different waves. They'll either set the bar pretty low on loyalty points or it will be the same arrangement as the Raith away game. I'd happily take my chances in a free for all.
The only certainty is that no matter what they do will upset some.

SteveHFC
08-05-2016, 07:01 AM
The time constraint will come in to play here, there really isn't time for different waves. They'll either set the bar pretty low on loyalty points or it will be the same arrangement as the Raith away game. I'd happily take my chances in a free for all.
The only certainty is that no matter what they do will upset some.

yes it will upset me if they don't use the points, missed 2 games all season and if I can't go to the biggest league game of season then the club have made a fool of me and the rest of us who have spent the time and money to follow the club all season.

No time issues as I suspect 2000 tickets will be snapped up quickly.

JimBHibees
08-05-2016, 07:33 AM

Not for a play off game I wouldn't think.

Carheenlea
08-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Details should be announced today hopefully to allow time for distribution. Agree that time constraints will probably result in a one wave free for all, which is frustrating and concerning for the most regular supporters who won't be guaranteed a ticket. I hope they can do it in two waves for fairness, but suspect that won't be the case.
Whatever it's to be, hope we can find out very soon. Might be worth enquiring on ticket details for home sections in event of quick away sales.

DaveF
08-05-2016, 07:48 AM
yes it will upset me if they don't use the points, missed 2 games all season and if I can't go to the biggest league game of season then the club have made a fool of me and the rest of us who have spent the time and money to follow the club all season.

Football was so much simplier in my yoof. I just went to every game, never thought I was great because of it, as it was what we did as supporters.

Not a dig at you btw, as I appreciate that back them all ticket away allocations were a rarity, but this points lark is a pain in the arse.

SteveHFC
08-05-2016, 07:50 AM
Details should be announced today hopefully to allow time for distribution. Agree that time constraints will probably result in a one wave free for all, which is frustrating and concerning for the most regular supporters who won't be guaranteed a ticket. I hope they can do it in two waves for fairness, but suspect that won't be the case.
Whatever it's to be, hope we can find out very soon. Might be worth enquiring on ticket details for home sections in event of quick away sales.

Falkirk knew they would be playing at home this Friday and should have had the plans drawn up for it being raith or us, Falkirk fans can buy tickets for Tuesday at 9am today so why cant we buy tickets for Friday at 9 am today

eastcoasthibby
08-05-2016, 07:53 AM

Let's focus on the job in hand starting Tuesday ...this really is one game at a time ...for us ...it's getting ahead of ourselves that leaves us open to having other teams use our perceived over confidence to motivate them more ...

Albanian Hibs
08-05-2016, 08:16 AM
My last loyalty points were given for the away match at Alloa. We have had lots of games since then which I have attended. I do not understand why they have stopped issuing points. They extra points would give me more of a chance of getting a falkirk ticket if they do use the loyalty point scheme.

lucky
08-05-2016, 08:32 AM
It will ST first and if any left a general sale. The points are going/gone.

B.H.F.C
08-05-2016, 08:37 AM

If Hibs want to scrap it that's fair enough. But it shouldn't happen until next season. Moving the goalposts, when it is actually needed, after encouraging people to accumulate loyalty points all season would be wrong.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Probably 400-450 points or more will be first to get the opportunity to buy a ticket. That's fair.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2016, 08:40 AM

With so little tickets available why should a season ticket holder who's not been to an away game all season get first choice? Should be done on points and nothing else.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 08:41 AM
If Hibs want to scrap it that's fair enough. But it shouldn't happen until next season. Moving the goalposts, when it is actually needed, after encouraging people to accumulate loyalty points all season would be wrong.

I agree, but they moved the goal posts for the Cup Final didn't they. Nothing surprises me anymore with Hibs

Hermit Crab
08-05-2016, 08:51 AM
I agree, but they moved the goal posts for the Cup Final didn't they. Nothing surprises me anymore with Hibs

They did billy but with so little tickets available for this match then the points system is the fairest thing to do.

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 09:06 AM
With so little tickets available why should a season ticket holder who's not been to an away game all season get first choice? Should be done on points and nothing else.

Should be 2 per ST holder. We're the lifeblood of the club.

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Falkirk knew they would be playing at home this Friday and should have had the plans drawn up for it being raith or us, Falkirk fans can buy tickets for Tuesday at 9am today so why cant we buy tickets for Friday at 9 am today

I'm already in the q at ER. Are you here yet?

SteveHFC
08-05-2016, 09:12 AM
I'm already in the q at ER. Are you here yet?

rest assured that I will be there just as soon as details are released:greengrin

Since90+2
08-05-2016, 09:15 AM

Loyalty points were scrapped for the cup final so I suspect you are right that it will just be ST then general sale.

marinello59
08-05-2016, 09:17 AM

They haven't made a fool of me. I would have been going to the games anyway, loyalty points or not. It's been fun for the most part too. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 09:20 AM
rest assured that I will be there just as soon as details are released:greengrin

I'm not leaving anything to chance - we know they're going on sale so already waiting. 100s here already. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
08-05-2016, 09:20 AM
ST holders will get first dabs for sure, with everyone else joining the stramash, should any be left.

SteveHFC
08-05-2016, 09:36 AM
I'm not leaving anything to chance - we know they're going on sale so already waiting. 100s here already. :greengrin

just looking out camping gear now:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 09:58 AM
I know its funny aint it, the hypocrisy on here is tremendous.

The i'm alright jack camp have turned 180 degrees. :greengrin

Deary dear, you hate a troll don't you?

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Deary dear, you hate a troll don't you?

Don't really hate anyone :confused:, whats the matter have i hit a nerve?

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Don't really hate anyone :confused:, whats the matter have i hit a nerve?

Not hit a nerve, but your continual pops at anyone who dares to think they will miss out on a ticket is tiresome.

If the loyalty points scheme was used properly we wouldn't be having this debate.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Not hit a nerve, but your continual pops at anyone who dares to think they will miss out on a ticket is tiresome.

If the loyalty points scheme was used properly we wouldn't be having this debate.

I think you cant have read what i said right, i'm not having a pop at anyone who thinks they might miss out on ANY ticket, i'm having a pop at the loyalty system, you either have one or you dont.

Deary me.

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 10:11 AM
I think you cant have read what i said right, i'm not having a pop at anyone who thinks they might miss out on ANY ticket, i'm having a pop at the loyalty system, you either have one or you dont.

Deary me.

Well they should have one, but the constant moaning to the Club by those who don't qualify has made them re-think the scheme with a view to it being scrapped. It should really be simple, big teams down South manage to run such schemes without too much difficulty

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Well they should have one, but the constant moaning to the Club by those who don't qualify has made them re-think the scheme with a view to it being scrapped. It should really be simple, big teams down South manage to run such schemes without too much difficulty

In your opinion, not everyone feels the same.

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 10:14 AM
In your opinion, not everyone feels the same.

So you don't think attending every game should be rewarded?

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2016, 10:22 AM
So you don't think attending every game should be rewarded?

No, i think season ticket holders should be top of the list when handing out tickets. Not one penny that anyone spends on going to the oppositions ground goes into Hibs pockets.

Nobody forces you to go to away games, i admire anyone who does go every week, but for me the season ticket holder should be put first by Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 10:26 AM
No, i think season ticket holders should be top of the list when handing out tickets. Not one penny that anyone spends on going to the oppositions ground goes into Hibs pockets.

Nobody forces you to go to away games, i admire anyone who does go every week, but for me the season ticket holder should be put first by Hibs.

Well that is the end of that debate then....

churchie16
08-05-2016, 10:33 AM

What a load of rubish just because it doesn't put money into hibs pockets 😂😂 your going away to support your team not to try and put money into hibs 😂😂 half the people that go to away games are ST holders or go to home games as well.

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 10:36 AM
What a load of rubish just because it doesn't put money into hibs pockets  your going away to support your team not to try and put money into hibs  half the people that go to away games are ST holders or go to home games as well.

Yip, the word Loyalty was a clue, unfortunately some couldn't grasp the concept:greengrin

Hiber-nation
08-05-2016, 10:37 AM
What a load of rubish just because it doesn't put money into hibs pockets  your going away to support your team not to try and put money into hibs  half the people that go to away games are ST holders or go to home games as well.

Yep, we are talking about priority for an away game and that is why those who attend the most games should get priority. Simple.

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Yep, we are talking about priority for an away game and that is why those who attend the most games should get priority. Simple.

:top marks:top marks

jgl07
08-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Rugby Park holds just short of 18,000.

The stand behind the goal opposite the visitors end appears to have been closed every time I have seen them on TV this season. They have a history of moving season ticket holders to accommodate visiting Huns so I suspect that Hibs will get two stands if they get past Falkirk.

Has it been confirmed that Hibs will only get the one stand at Falkirk?

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Well that is the end of that debate then....

:agree:

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Yip, the word Loyalty was a clue, unfortunately some couldn't grasp the concept:greengrin

The word "loyalty" has flummoxed a fair few people to be fair.
The club has added to the confusion by its weird allocation of points.

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 10:51 AM

Maybe should have called it attendance of matches scheme?

Since90+2
08-05-2016, 10:59 AM
The club has added to the confusion by its weird allocation of points.

When it was launched the club said , on the official site , that points would not be added solely on the basis of attendance and would possibly look at other methods to allocate points. If they had said at the beginning that points would only be added for attendance I could see your point , they didn't though.

Its done. The club allocated points to encourage people to contribute revenue to the club via the membership of HSL. This was what 3 or 4 months ago and people are still complaining about it.

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 11:02 AM
When it was launched the club said , on the official site , that points would not be added solely on the basis of attendance and would possibly look at other methods to allocate points. If they had said at the beginning that points would only be added for attendance I could see your point , they didn't though.

Its done. The club allocated points to encourage people to contribute revenue to the club via the membership of HSL. This was what 3 or 4 months ago and people are still complaining about it.

I'm complaining re the time and effort put in by a number of people to get such a simplistic system put in place, only for it to be scrapped 18 months down the line. Poor stuff.....

Since90+2
08-05-2016, 11:04 AM
I'm complaining re the time and effort put in by a number of people to get such a simplistic system put in place, only for it to be scrapped 18 months down the line. Poor stuff.....

Do you include people complaining about the decision by the club to offer points to HSL members in that?

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Do you include people complaining about the decision by the club to offer points to HSL members in that?

I include the CEO for making such a decision, then scrapping system.

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2016, 11:08 AM

That wasn't said at launch of scheme. It was said after HSL were awarded points, the goalposts were shifted

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2016, 11:35 AM

I think you are mistaken unless my memory is poor. And yes people are complaining about the scheme because it has descended into a shambles.

Since90+2
08-05-2016, 11:38 AM
I think you are mistaken unless my memory is poor.

Did the club not say something along the lines they may run promotions for extra points or other membership schemes for points ect? I can't really remember to be honest but at the end of day it happened about 4 months ago. Surely it's time to move on from it.

Edit - it was actually 7 months ago.

Hibernia&Alba
08-05-2016, 11:45 AM
I think the loyalty scheme is an excellent way to reward walk ups who can't buy a season ticket for some reason, and it would be a shame to lose it.

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2016, 12:01 PM
I think the loyalty scheme is an excellent way to reward walk ups who can't buy a season ticket for some reason,

:agree:

HibsNutter
08-05-2016, 12:05 PM
I think the loyalty scheme is an excellent way to reward walk ups who can't buy a season ticket for some reason, and it would be a shame to lose it.

Exactly, it would be a shame to see the club scrap it because of a few unhappy voices (mainly people who don't go often and suffer because of it). The only problem with it has been the way it's been used at times e.g. the cup final second wave.

DH1875
08-05-2016, 12:11 PM

Not exactly worked out like that for the cup final though has it.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Exactly, it would be a shame to see the club scrap it because of a few unhappy voices (mainly people who don't go often and suffer because of it). The only problem with it has been the way it's been used at times e.g. the cup final second wave.

Totally the opposite actually,those suffering are the ones without ST's who do go often yet now find their points virtually worthless in the scramble for final tickets.

marinello59
08-05-2016, 12:16 PM

That's exactly what the system should do. I would have taken ST holders out of it totally , left them in a high priority group or given them a high number of points ( capped) and let walk ups get themselves up the priority ladder.

HibsNutter
08-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Totally the opposite actually,those suffering are the ones without ST's who do go often yet now find their points virtually worthless in the scramble for final tickets.

Yes I sympathise with them in regards to the cup final, like I said that should have been handled differently. Although we have a large allocation and the vast majority of walk ups will be okay.

When we've had small allocations - compared to demand - such as Ibrox/Tynie and this will be the case for Falkirk away, the loyalty points system has served its purpose and for occasions like these it should be maintained.

S4uzee
08-05-2016, 07:36 PM
I thought this decision might've been made today, surely not that difficult or will we sell these tickets after the home leg?

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 07:39 PM
I thought this decision might've been made today, surely not that difficult or will we sell these tickets after the home leg?

Would be a bit unfair on out of town fans to delay until Wednesday

Sir David Gray
08-05-2016, 07:42 PM

I sincerely hope not.

My only opportunity to pick up tickets from Easter Road this week will be on Tuesday night so unless they plan on allowing us to pick up tickets from Falkirk on Friday night (which they won't) then I'm counting on the tickets being available to buy from tomorrow.

S4uzee
08-05-2016, 07:45 PM
I sincerely hope not.

My only opportunity to pick up tickets from Easter Road this week will be on Tuesday night so unless they plan on allowing us to pick up tickets from Falkirk on Friday night (which they won't) then I'm counting on the tickets being available to buy from tomorrow.
Was hoping it would be tomorrow aswell.

However, Hibs rarely put tickets on sale before giving a days notice of the arrangements IIRC

Sir David Gray
08-05-2016, 07:48 PM

However, Hibs rarely put tickets on sale before giving a days notice of the arrangements IIRC

I can't believe Hibs will wait until Wednesday before making tickets for Friday available to buy.

That would just be completely unnecessary.

Jonnyboy
08-05-2016, 07:52 PM
I can't believe Hibs will wait until Wednesday before making tickets for Friday available to buy.

That would just be completely unnecessary.

Trig, the following was lifted from the official site ....

Away leg

Ticket information for the play-off semi-final on Friday 13 May, kick off 7.45pm, will follow early next week.

I'm guessing tomorrow will be the day

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 07:54 PM

They have on many an occasion, but not usually for big games

Noticed Falkirk have sold 800 tickets already for Tuesday and 4,500 for Friday.
All stands on Friday will be unreserved seating

Sir David Gray
08-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Trig, the following was lifted from the official site ....

Away leg

Ticket information for the play-off semi-final on Friday 13 May, kick off 7.45pm, will follow early next week.

I'm guessing tomorrow will be the day

That's what I'm expecting, I don't believe for a second that the tickets for Friday will go on sale on Wednesday.

Mr White
08-05-2016, 07:58 PM

That will be absolute carnage in a sold out away end won't it?

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 08:00 PM
That will be absolute carnage in a sold out away end won't it?

Why?
It may help if tickets are sold in waves, means people can sit together

TheMentalHibees
08-05-2016, 08:01 PM
How can they make it loyalty points if they haven't allocated any for those who've renewed for next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
08-05-2016, 08:04 PM
You'd think so, but their chairman seems to have bad reputation with their fans for being focussed on income. So I think the bare minimum we'd get is one full stand.

I assume we will give them the whole of the away end at Easter Road unless they don't think they can fill it
But if they take the full away end assume Hibs would want an assurance we get the full away stand

Ronniekirk
08-05-2016, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=Billy Whizz;4676805]They have on many an occasion, but not usually for big games

All stands on Friday will be unreserved seating[/

Think Falkirk could bring more than Raith did so possibly neater the 2,000 mark if a nice night

jodjam
08-05-2016, 08:09 PM
That's exactly what the system should do. I would have taken ST holders out of it totally , left them in a high priority group or given them a high number of points ( capped) and let walk ups get themselves up the priority ladder.

Correct. season tix first and loyalty system to reward the walk ups.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Correct. season tix first and loyalty system to reward the walk ups.

Can our system cope with a huge amount of season ticket holders logging on at the same time. LD apologised this week, can't think she'll want to apologise again

Mr White
08-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Why?
It may help if tickets are sold in waves, means people can sit together

Just thinking of the practicality of say groups of 5 or 6 arriving close to kick off and struggling to find seats together, people maybe getting a bit humpty about being asked to move, stewards flapping about as people start to moan about missing the start of the game etc.

Of course if everyone's sat quietly in their seats 15 minutes before kick off it'll be a breeze :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
08-05-2016, 08:13 PM
If they're only giving us 1800 why are we offering them the full stand for Tuesday?

Billy Whizz
08-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Just thinking of the practicality of say groups of 5 or 6 arriving close to kick off and struggling to find seats together, people maybe getting a bit humpty about being asked to move, stewards flapping about as people start to moan about missing the start of the game etc.

Of course if everyone's sat quietly in their seats 15 minutes before kick off it'll be a breeze :greengrin

Fair point, just need to get in early them

B.H.F.C
08-05-2016, 08:25 PM
If they're only giving us 1800 why are we offering them the full stand for Tuesday?

Probably because percentage wise it works out about the same. Don't really think it's similar to the Rangers issue last year.

Sir David Gray
08-05-2016, 08:31 PM

Percentage-wise it actually works out at roughly the same, if anything we're getting slightly more of their stadium than they are of ours.

Mr White
08-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Percentage-wise it actually works out at roughly the same, if anything we're getting slightly more of their stadium than they are of ours.

Only because they didn't bother finishing the bloody place :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2016, 08:34 PM

excellent

Hermit Crab
09-05-2016, 05:47 AM
excellent

Hibs fans will have allocated seats in the away end, nothing to stop Hibs fans buying tickets in the home end right enough

SteveHFC
09-05-2016, 08:07 AM
tickets on sale from 12 today 360 and above points

Tickets will go on sale from 12pm on Monday 9 May, with the following sales arrangements based on loyalty points:
12pm Monday 9 May: 360 points or more
10am Wednesday 11 May: 90 points or more
10am Thursday 12 May: Any supporter currently on the Hibernian ticket database
Tickets will be sold as 1 per client reference number.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2016, 09:44 AM
So ST holders only in the first wave? Correct call from the club.

marinello59
09-05-2016, 09:46 AM

Looks like the fairest way to deal with it to me. Some of us will miss out due to the numbers but at least a large number of fans have the chance of getting a ticket.

Ozyhibby
09-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Pfft, you'll have other birthdays :greengrin

Don't know about that. If he's not suicidal about the chances of this season going horribly wrong then he's not a real fan IMHO. Best to enjoy his birthday while he can. [emoji3]

wookie70
09-05-2016, 09:52 AM

Another poor decision from the club in my opinion. I would think the club could have set the threshold at 400 points and still sold out almost immediately. The loyalty point scheme could work really well if the decision makers would use it properly. Ibrox seems to be the only game where they have done this all the others have been poorly thought out without a clear strategy. Not difficult to implement. Number of tickets available - scroll down loyalty point list from the top until you have that number of fans and cap the first wave there. Make the next wave big enough that you will sell out if tickets or time are very limited.

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Another poor decision from the club in my opinion. I would think the club could have set the threshold at 400 points and still sold out almost immediately. The loyalty point scheme could work really well if the decision makers would use it properly. Ibrox seems to be the only game where they have done this all the others have been poorly thought out without a clear strategy. Not difficult to implement. Number of tickets available - scroll down loyalty point list from the top until you have that number of fans and cap the first wave there. Make the next wave big enough that you will sell out if tickets or time are very limited.

STs should get first dibs on tickets.

nellio
09-05-2016, 10:10 AM
I've got an ST but don't have enough points for first wave. Been to a fair few away games as well. Not complaining hopefully will be some left in wave 2.

wookie70
09-05-2016, 10:13 AM
STs should get first dibs on tickets.
Why. It is an away game with far fewer tickets than we have ST holders. Is pot luck a better system that rewarding fans who go to more games.

CapitalGreen
09-05-2016, 10:18 AM

Maybe you should offer your expertise to the club. You obviously have access to more detailed ticket sales history than the club to be able to make such an informed decision of where loyalty point thresholds should be placed.

The club knows exactly how many people are within each band.
They will also have a very good idea of how many of those people are likely to attend an away fixture.

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Hibs fans will have allocated seats in the away end, nothing to stop Hibs fans buying tickets in the home end right enough

**** i read that wrong, thought it was for the away stand, now i'm in 2nd wave absolutely no chance of a ticket, the bit in bold sounds a bit too easy, do they not do a database thing like we do ?

marinello59
09-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Why. It is an away game with far fewer tickets than we have ST holders. Is pot luck a better system that rewarding fans who go to more games.

The reward for having a season ticket was always to get the chance of a ticket for these games. Surely the loyalty scheme should have given walk up fans the ability to get the same chance if they had attended enough games. I don't think guaranteeing a small number of fans tickets whilst completely denying others, including season ticket holders , any chance of a ticket is a good way to go. I benefited from it during this season but I still think the system as implemented was flawed. Rewarding attendance went out of the window when HSL points were included anyway.

EH6 Hibby
09-05-2016, 10:22 AM

That's what everyone who wanted the system brought in thought it was to be used for. Instead it seems to have created a higher tier of fan.

wookie70
09-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Maybe you should offer your expertise to the club. You obviously have access to more detailed ticket sales history than the club to be able to make such an informed decision of where loyalty point thresholds should be placed.

The club knows exactly how many people are within each band.
They will also have a very good idea of how many of those people are likely to attend an away fixture.

The club has published numbers of fans in bands previously so no need for expertise just the ability to read. Loyalty points have stopped being awarded but I dont think we have had them started to be removed so the numbers in each wave will be at least those in previous games.

The game will sell out regardless of how they do the bandings.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2016, 10:28 AM
**** i read that wrong, thought it was for the away stand, now i'm in 2nd wave absolutely no chance of a ticket, the bit in bold sounds a bit too easy, do they not do a database thing like we do ?

Tickets are available on General Sale once you register, I'm having problems with their security certificate being out of date though.

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2016, 10:37 AM

just read statement on the falkirk site and it is indeed ALL stands, considering they only have 3 stands they wouldn't have said ALL stands if it was just unreserved for the two home stands :)

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Tickets are available on General Sale once you register, I'm having problems with their security certificate being out of date though.

i've no idea how sales are going for the home stands, i'm thinking/hoping they are waiting until after the game tomorrow to decide if they give us part of the main stand as well...if they're down and out they might just give part of the main stand for hibs to sell

CapitalGreen
09-05-2016, 10:45 AM
I'd be surprised if it was un-allocated seating in the away end.

I wonder if Falkirk are doing un-reserved seating in order to open parts of the main stand to Hibs fans if they do not sell out.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2016, 10:46 AM
i've no idea how sales are going for the home stands, i'm thinking/hoping they are waiting until after the game tomorrow to decide if they give us part of the main stand as well...if they're down and out they might just give part of the main stand for hibs to sell

Going by their interactive map there are not that many left.

Bad Martini
09-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Soooo, when the uber fans fight the uber fans we get this then eh? :na na::green grin

How do you differentiate between the uber uber fans?

I suggest any and/all of the following is taken into account when doing so. To be the most uber of uber fans, they must have:

* At leat 5 generations of family living within 30 seconds of Easter Road Stadium (not Easter Road, as we all know Albion Road is closer :greengrin)
* At least 2 Hibs orientated tattoos, both of which must be at least 5cm x 5cm and have at least one badge no longer in use
* At least 28937489249 programmes from years gone by stored in the loft
* At least the ability to sing Sunshine On Leith in five languages and recite the whole thing backwards in at least one language
* A long lost uncle/cousin/grandfather/any male relation to have either played for Hibs or in some way been in the employ of Hibernian FC for at least one calendar year
* A stub from either the 0-7, 6-2 or other massive game against the mutants and recall the entire line up that day, including the timings of the (incorrect ,invariably regardless of result) substitutions made by the (inept, un-fit to run Hibs) manager of the day

..........IF they meet all that, then we can go to loyalty points or some other equally fair way of doing things to split the real cream from the cream :na na::na na::green grin

I think they should just every ticket available out the Behind The Goals windaes with all the uber fans stood below and whoever picks up the most tickets, wins. A bit like the crystal maze but with uber fans and tickets.:thumbsup:

Sorted. Next, world peace :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2016, 10:52 AM
I'd be surprised if it was un-allocated seating in the away end.

I wonder if Falkirk are doing un-reserved seating in order to open parts of the main stand to Hibs fans if they do not sell out.

this was obviously written before they knew who they would be playing, capacity is 8,750 will they sell nearly 7k if they get gubbed tomorrow night :) (assuming the away stand capacity is 1800)

"We intend to keep both the Main Stand and South Stand for Falkirk supporters ONLY regardless of our opponents"

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Going by their interactive map there are not that many left.

sigh, tellybox it is then

DH1875
09-05-2016, 11:37 AM
So we get a 90 points fresh hold for this (not that'll get that far) and not for the final. Fish.

Hermit Crab
09-05-2016, 03:27 PM
So we get a 90 points fresh hold for this (not that'll get that far) and not for the final. Fish.

Theres less tickets available for this game though, thats why.

Bristolhibby
09-05-2016, 03:51 PM
The reward for having a season ticket was always to get the chance of a ticket for these games. Surely the loyalty scheme should have given walk up fans the ability to get the same chance if they had attended enough games. I don't think guaranteeing a small number of fans tickets whilst completely denying others, including season ticket holders , any chance of a ticket is a good way to go. I benefited from it during this season but I still think the system as implemented was flawed. Rewarding attendance went out of the window when HSL points were included anyway.

HSL points are now totally worthless as the 100 point mark was ignored for the Cup Final and is miles off games like Ibrox, Tyne and Falkirk. I'd expect a lot of cancelled direct debits.

J

Hermit Crab
09-05-2016, 04:57 PM
HSL points are now totally worthless as the 100 point mark was ignored for the Cup Final and is miles off games like Ibrox, Tyne and Falkirk. I'd expect a lot of cancelled direct debits.

J

That was always going to happen, a joke of decision from the outset.

Hibernia&Alba
09-05-2016, 05:29 PM
tickets on sale from 12 today 360 and above points

Tickets will go on sale from 12pm on Monday 9 May, with the following sales arrangements based on loyalty points:
12pm Monday 9 May: 360 points or more
10am Wednesday 11 May: 90 points or more
10am Thursday 12 May: Any supporter currently on the Hibernian ticket database
Tickets will be sold as 1 per client reference number.

Sold :flag:. Cannae wait.

Stantons Angel
09-05-2016, 05:51 PM
That's what everyone who wanted the system brought in thought it was to be used for. Instead it seems to have created a higher tier of fan.

I dont quite understand how this could happen?

The loyalty system was set up for such games as these and to keep walk up fans on par with the number of games they attended over the season as well as away games.

As a season ticket holder we were allocated 180 pts being the 18 home games included in the season ticket. If a walk up member attends all the 18 league games and buys from the ticket office, they will accumulate the full 180 points on their account. If they dont attend all home games they wont get the pts for the games they miss or buy from the pod on match day.

The cup games have been plenty at home this season and generate 10 pts each at home. The walk up fan would again be given the points for the cup games they attended at home if bought from the ticket office not the pods. If they didnt attend they wouldnt get points for the games they missed.

As for the away games we are all the same, we get points for the games we go to away from home if we buy our tickets from the ticket office and not the pods at the grounds we are playing at.

Thats the way i see it and we all have the same chance to get points if we go to games. There doesnt seem to be any higher or lower tier in my mind if we attend the same amount of games?

Previously having a season ticket gave you access to these tickets first but the loyalty system allows non season ticket holders to accumulate the necessary
points to ensure they get that same preference.

We will all just have to wrestle with one and other to see if we can hold of one, or its the old telly for is all!

marinello59
09-05-2016, 06:36 PM

J

You are ignoring the fact that many of those who put in to HSL would have season tickets etc already so it would have put them in to higher tiers.
Anybody who signed up to HSL just to get loyalty points probably did the wrong thing anyway, the main motivation should have been to help the club.

Carheenlea
09-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Those who have backed the club regularly throughout the season have been given first chance to buy tickets for a game where demand will outstrip a smallish allocation.
This is a Loyalty Scheme working properly, and why a Loyalty Scheme should absolutely be retained for the future.

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Those who have backed the club regularly throughout the season have been given first chance to buy tickets for a game where demand will outstrip a smallish allocation.
This is a Loyalty Scheme working properly, and why a Loyalty Scheme should absolutely be retained for the future.

Now come on D, surely you know by now, that the LS is silly, and only rewards uber fans:greengrin