PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeouch

harpo
07-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Think he deserves a thread of his own after today. Thought he was immense, his distribution and work rate was first class and it was no coincidence we could not maintain possession once he went off. He has sorely been missed these past few months.

Sammy7nil
07-05-2016, 04:30 PM
Yeah totally agree was great i just wish he could last 90 mins without hobbiling off.

07-05-2016, 04:31 PM
we're a much better team when he plays. absolutely vital we keep him fit.

hibee_girl
07-05-2016, 04:34 PM
:agree: He was excellent today, defended well and drove us forward when needed.

Lang Toun hibby
07-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Think he deserves a thread of his own after today. Thought he was immense, his distribution and work rate was first class and it was no coincidence we could not maintain possession once he went off. He has sorely been missed these past few months.

Man crush for me! He is the best footballer we have and I think he had tired badly after being off so long. But we need him more than any other to get us through the difficult games ahead.

Enough said
07-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Great player

gaz1875
07-05-2016, 04:39 PM
We would have won the league with a fit McGeouch :agree: hopefully he is okay, stretched quite a bit during the match, but had a few crunching tackles :top marks

ruthven_raiders
07-05-2016, 04:40 PM
we're a much better team when he plays. absolutely vital we keep him fit.

Was he not taken off to protect him, having just come back from injury?

B.H.F.C
He's the difference. Ball moves a lot quicker with him in the team. No coincidence that we didn't string two passes together when he went off.

Waxy
Superb. Runs into space, waits, brings the whole team forward and turns almost everything into a dangerous attack.Class.

07-05-2016, 04:41 PM
We would have won the league with a fit McGeouch :agree: hopefully he is okay, stretched quite a bit during the match, but had a few crunching tackles :top marks

Everytime he goes down after a tackle you worry that he's injured again.

essexhibee
07-05-2016, 04:41 PM
He has wonderful ability. If only he had been fit the entire season.

Iceman1875
07-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Will he be fit for Tuesday?

At Easter Road we play...

gaz1875
He's the difference. Ball moves a lot quicker with him in the team. No coincidence that we didn't string two passes together when he went off.

Coincidently I thought it was John McGinn's best game for a while having McGeouch beside him.

harpo
Can understand why Stubbs took him off. Put Bartley on to shore things up and keep McGeouch fresh for tuesday. Bit of a gamble though as it ment we had less possession and a result things turned nervy.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Glad to see the laddie getting the recognition he deserves.

GreenCastle
07-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Quality player - someone posted his record recently.

Usually when he plays we win or don't lose.

Hopefully he is ok for Tuesday - looked to be limping.

Sammy7nil
07-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Quality player - someone posted his record recently.

Usually when he plays we win or don't lose.

Hopefully he is ok for Tuesday - looked to be limping.

Yip i thought he was limping before he went off I would say our season may be dependant on his fitness.

Wilson
07-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Can understand why Stubbs took him off. Put Bartley on to shore things up and keep McGeouch fresh for tuesday. Bit of a gamble though as it ment we had less possession and a result things turned nervy.

Well the first part of your post is a sound policy. Although DM's fitness maybe forced Stubbs' hand. When we have threads praising the impact his return has had and other threads fretting about player fatigue then if it was a gamble then it was a calculated one.

Stubbs has to have faith in the players he is bringing on and Bartley is capable. We might have been under the cosh regardless as Raith looked to get something from the game.

If DM puts in a motm performance in Tuesday it might prove a masterstroke by Stubbs.

harpo
07-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Well the first part of your post is a sound policy. Although DM's fitness maybe forced Stubbs' hand. When we have threads praising the impact his return has had and other threads fretting about player fatigue then if it was a gamble then it was a calculated one.

Stubbs has to have faith in the players he is bringing on and Bartley is capable. We might have been under the cosh regardless as Raith looked to get something from the game.

If DM puts in a motm performance in Tuesday it might prove a masterstroke by Stubbs.

Not having a go at Stubbs. Was a calculated gamble and can understand why.

Giro Playboy
07-05-2016, 05:02 PM
He is our best player by a mile. I'm glad the papers are touting Cummings for a move and ignoring Dylan. He is one player we don't want to lose

Fogzie
07-05-2016, 05:05 PM
Thought Dylan was fantastic. I think we now have a dilemma. Wrap him in cotton wool for the final or play him against Falkirk. I have a feeling he won't last 4 games.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Thought Dylan was fantastic. I think we now have a dilemma. Wrap him in cotton wool for the final or play him against Falkirk. I have a feeling he won't last 4 games.

The focus has to be on promotion.

We need our best players out on the pitch against Falkirk and we can't worry about injuries ahead of the final.

Smartie
07-05-2016, 05:08 PM
I think he's the key to the success of "the diamond".

When he's in there we look like a different team playing this way.

When he's not we often look a bit lost.

The management of his fitness between now and the end of the season may be key to our fortunes. That, and whether or not Falkirk choose/ manage to cripple him.

Boyle89
07-05-2016, 05:08 PM
He is our best player. There was a pass he made today when he was at left back, I think it was to Henderson, that sent us away on a break. It took out the whole raith midfield it was tremendous.

SJM
07-05-2016, 05:34 PM
He was outstanding this afternoon and made us tick.

My_Wife_Camille
07-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Quality player, best at the club. The difference when he plays is unbelievable.

Fergus52
07-05-2016, 05:37 PM
He is our best player. There was a pass he made today when he was at left back, I think it was to Henderson, that sent us away on a break. It took out the whole raith midfield it was tremendous.

His passing was immense the whole game.

I'd forgotten how good that aspect of his game was whilst he's been out. Not only is he a great tackler and dribbler he's also our best passer of the ball, such a complete player.

Since90+2
07-05-2016, 06:58 PM
A fit Dylan McGeouch is the difference between us getting promoted or not. He is that important IMO.

He is the most talented player at the club over the last few years, and I include Scott Allan and John McGinn in that.

edwards
07-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Fingers crossed he is ok appeared to run off without limping which was a good sign

tamig
07-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Fingers crossed he is ok appeared to run off without limping which was a good sign

I'm sure he was taken off to ensure he's ready for Tuesday. Don't think he was injured in any way. He has been out for a while and still getting up to full match fitness.

mjhibby
07-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Superb. Runs into space, waits, brings the whole team forward and turns almost everything into a dangerous attack.Class.

His first movement when getting the ball is invariably forward. Class player and has been greatly missed.

Glory Lurker
07-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Bossed it. Passing was excellent.

Was really heavily strapped. Didn't expect him to go whole game, and he looked to take a sore one at one point, so was relieved that he looked okay when he went off. Looked like he had an ice pack on when he got back on bench, though?

Would be surprised if he starts in the away leg, but hopefully we'll be parking the bus up there anyway.

GreenPJ
07-05-2016, 09:57 PM
I'm sure he was taken off to ensure he's ready for Tuesday. Don't think he was injured in any way. He has been out for a while and still getting up to full match fitness.

He was definitely struggling with his groin before half time, fingers crossed its just tight from returning to game time but think he has to be used sparingly.

The Green Goblin
07-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Quality player, best at the club. The difference when he plays is unbelievable.

:agree: My MOTM today by a mile. Some of his passes were sublime.

Onion
07-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Class above everyone else and brings a whole new dimension to Hibs midfield. Great to have him back.

number9dream
07-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Hope he's okay and good to go for another hour on Tuesday...
Always looking to drive the team forward and done with composure and craft. Would like to see him get into scoring positions a bit more often though...

Ozyhibby
07-05-2016, 10:34 PM
It's no coincidence our crash in form happened when he got injured. His fitness is the most important factor in our potential success over the next 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee Marvin
08-05-2016, 08:40 AM
We are a different side with him on the park.

I had actually forgotten how good he actually is. Pleasure to watch him play in that 'Pirlo' role