PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying the ride

pennyhibee
07-05-2016, 03:28 PM
HIBS 2 RAITH 1 First part done .Next ,Falkirk then probably Kilmarnock .Oh and a Scottish Cup Final . Enjoying the ride so far ?

cjward2
07-05-2016, 04:10 PM
it's a rollercoaster ride alright. Some lows, some highs, lots of thrills and a few moments where you feel sick to your stomach, but hopefully that part won't happen again until the ride is over and sees us pulling into the top flight with the Scottish cup in our hands.

:flag::flag::flag:

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2016, 04:13 PM
We won't know until the end of the season; I've given up trying to predict Hibs results. I just want to avoid falling at the final fence in both competitions, as that would be heartbreaking.

Sammy7nil
07-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Looking at the thread title i thought you were on the job, a strange time to post. :greengrin

Pete
07-05-2016, 04:54 PM
We won't know until the end of the season; I've given up trying to predict Hibs results. I just want to avoid falling at the final fence in both competitions, as that would be heartbreaking.

To be honest I won't be too disappointed if we fall short as we'll have done well to get this far in all these competitions. Still some ride regardless and it will fill me with optimism for the new season.

Whatever will be will be.

Sammy7nil
07-05-2016, 04:56 PM
To be honest I won't be too disappointed if we fall short as we'll have done well to get this far in all these competitions. Still some ride regardless and it will fill me with optimism for the new season.

Wont be too disappointed? Strange thing to say.

Pete
07-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Wont be too disappointed? Strange thing to say.

It depends how you look at things. :-)

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-05-2016, 05:05 PM

Positive Pete is a prefect name for you mate if you wouldn't be too disappointed! I'd be somewhere between Destroyed Dave, Negative Nigel and Raging Ross

BT58
07-05-2016, 05:12 PM
its asking a helluva lot for us to win promotion and the SCOTTISH CUP.
A winning team carries momentum, To me the defence looks assured under Logan in goal,
my worry is that injuries may disrupt us
To me D McG was MOTM today, good with the ball, made room, very clever player.
One thing was the strikers where too far from midfielders in the 2nd half

emerald green
07-05-2016, 05:19 PM
No, not enjoying the ride. I wish Hibs didn't have to do it the hard way.

I would have much preferred winning the Championship, weeks ago, and a cup final to look forward to later this month with the squad having enjoyed a well earned rest.

Pete
07-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Positive Pete is a prefect name for you mate if you wouldn't be too disappointed! I'd be somewhere between Destroyed Dave, Negative Nigel and Raging Ross

To be honest mate its going to be a big ask for us to get anything now as I think tiredness might get the better of us. I'm expecting nothing so if we do get something I'll be pleasantly surprised. :-)

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-05-2016, 05:25 PM
To be honest mate its going to be a big ask for us to get anything now as I think tiredness might get the better of us. I'm expecting nothing so if we do get something I'll be pleasantly surprised. :-)

Agree completely mate. I just know I'll be totally raging if we just fall short on both fronts haha

Pete
07-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Agree completely mate. I just know I'll be totally raging if we just fall short on both fronts haha

To be honest I'll probably be sad Steve or reflective Ralph for a while after leaving the ground. :-D

Andy74
07-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Having failed in Plan A then Plan B and Plan C starting badly we have at least got ourselves back to Plan B but without a rest.

Enjoying it? Not really. It's all about promotion, when we achieve that then we can say that our minimum expectations are being met. We got the job done today as I'd expected we should.

The cup would be some bonus of course but hard to focus too much on that just now when we might still want looking at a third year in lower tier.

SJM
07-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Just one and I'll be a very happy guy.

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Just one and I'll be a very happy guy.

:agree:

Promotion is the thing I'd really like to happen, but a cup win would be magic for everyone. If we were to lose the cup final and the play off final, I'd need the summer to recover.

Big L
07-05-2016, 08:40 PM
4 games in 10 days must take it's toll! Wed, Sat, Tues, Fri. This should have been better organised. Then 2 Premier play off games against Killie and a cup final all before the 21st.