PDA

View Full Version : David Gray

Smartie
07-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Deserves a thread of his own today.

A captain's performance from him, a threat going forward and solid defensively.

He probably hasn't hit the heights this season that he did last but that was way more like it from him today.

I'd advocated dropping him for Gunnarson as I thought that Gunnarson offered us more going forward but David showed why he's the first choice in that position. Really unlucky not to get a goal from a good header as well.

Great energy levels and Stubbs probably deserves credit for resting him for a couple of games at the end of the season ensuring he had the energy to pile up and down the line to the extent that he did today.

Personally I thought he was MOTM today by a country mile, even though we had several good performances today.

Well done David, more of the same over the next few weeks please!

Jonnyboy
07-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Couldn't agree more. He was back to his best today and my MOTM closely followed by McGregor and Hanlon.

coldingham hibs
07-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Gray had a very good game today as did most players, a lot of pressure on them and they all came through. Good to have Dylan back running the show.

Also, great save from Logan, what a difference having a goalkeeper.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Couldn't agree more. He was back to his best today and my MOTM closely followed by McGregor and Hanlon.

I agree too about Gray. Couldn't understand why they gave it to Hwnderson

B.H.F.C
07-05-2016, 03:13 PM
He was much better today.

hibee_girl
07-05-2016, 03:14 PM
He was my MOTM too, was excellent today

NikGunnarsson
07-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Been on at him for ages wanting Gunnarsson in, but was back to himself today a great leader and marauding full back :thumbsup:

The Green Goblin
07-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Grey was excellent. McGeogh was my MOTM. Hanlon also put in a fantastic block in the box near the end.

Boyle89
07-05-2016, 03:40 PM
This motm thing is just a farce. Gray was immense today so much improved from his recent form. Hope he keeps it up for the Falkirk games next week!

RickyS
07-05-2016, 03:44 PM
This motm thing is just a farce. Gray was immense today so much improved from his recent form. Hope he keeps it up for the Falkirk games next week!

Gray was brilliant, closely followed by McGregor

Viva_Palmeiras
07-05-2016, 04:13 PM

Club should get folks to tweet/text mom in addition to the sponsors. Just for fun - just need to avoid boaty-mcboatface scenarios...

hibee_girl
07-05-2016, 04:14 PM

Folk just pick who they want to meet!

KWJ
07-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Deserves a thread of his own today.

A captain's performance from him, a threat going forward and solid defensively.

He probably hasn't hit the heights this season that he did last but that was way more like it from him today.

I'd advocated dropping him for Gunnarson as I thought that Gunnarson offered us more going forward but David showed why he's the first choice in that position. Really unlucky not to get a goal from a good header as well.

Great energy levels and Stubbs probably deserves credit for resting him for a couple of games at the end of the season ensuring he had the energy to pile up and down the line to the extent that he did today.

Personally I thought he was MOTM today by a country mile, even though we had several good performances today.

Well done David, more of the same over the next few weeks please!

Same mate, but I don't think it's just been today. I reckon he played well in the Cup Final having wanted Gunner to start. But in the past few games he's stepped it up again, he was brilliant v Rangers as he defended brilliantly and got forward with much better final balls.

A in-form David Gray is big for us. Lewis on the other side has upped his average of late from 6.8 to 7.2 or so as well, it makes such a difference to us when we rely upon these guys so much for width.

Hibee_Craig7062
07-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Same mate, but I don't think it's just been today. I reckon he played well in the Cup Final having wanted Gunner to start. But in the past few games he's stepped it up again, he was brilliant v Rangers as he defended brilliantly and got forward with much better final balls.

A in-form David Gray is big for us. Lewis on the other side has upped his average of late from 6.8 to 7.2 or so as well, it makes such a difference to us when we rely upon these guys so much for width.

From 6.8 to 7.2 or so....can you elaborate on this as I don't get it....

GreenLake
07-05-2016, 05:11 PM
I thought Gray had a bad start but he soon snapped out of it. His header off the post was so unlucky.